Detriot baby Detriot!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wuTa
hey i'm not sure but wasnt that the 1st time the lakers lost in the staple center this year in the post season....and how come i didnt see timberlake, usher, and clark kent sitting in the front row? big grin

Dr. Strangelove
Detroit plays some ugly ass ball, but if they can beat the Lakers they can make it as ugly as they want.

wuTa
hey thats defense baby..some people call it ugly bball i call it winning bball

DaRk Lotus
This is how its going to be Pistions next game then BACK to The BIG D
for the finsh

Linkalicious
are you on crack?

I'll Guarentee the Lakers take game 2. Defense my ass...Karl Malone just shot like crap. You said it yourself...no one on the Lakers other than Bryant or O'Neal had more than 5 points. I saw plenty of open jumpers missed. It was more poor offense than good defense. Thought Detroit did play fabulous defense last game. Especially with the weak side help and the quick hands of the guards.

WindDancer
I hope Pistons win! I'm sick of all those rowdy jerks wearing Lakers jerseys and claiming to be real fans! Talk about real bandwagon losers! The minute the Lakers lose a game all those morons remove the Lakers flags from their cars. Anyways, win lose or draw those idiots will be trashing the Staples center area.

wuTa
not quite sure who your talkin to but part of malone shoot like crap was because of defense he did miss some open hosts but the rest of his shots were contested too..... it wsa defineuty more of good defense than poor offense espicially in the 2nd half...your whole team except two players cant score in double digits and your sayin the whole team was off no way i dont buy that, detriot gave kobe and shaq there points and clammed down on everyone else...i mean that D in the 2nd half was just awesome

Linkalicious
I give that win soley to Larry Brown. He had his team better prepared, with a better game plan, and a better mentality entering this game. I'm interested in seeing the Lakers next game because Phil will get a chance to make adjustments to counter Brown's inital game plan.

Still very disappointed by Karl's performance...especially after all that half time hype.

DanZeke25
Yeah i'm glad Detroit won and thier defense was amzing and... you're right Larry did hav a better game-plan

Myth
What was with Ben Wallace's swoop lay up early in the game (that missed) when he had an open dunk? That made me mad that he did that. Its not even like they were in Detroit where he would have got the crowd pumped.

Arachnoidfreak
and Ben Wallace air balling 16 foot jumpshots. you know, i know, and he definitly knows, that he cant make that shot more than 2 times out of 10. Pass the ball stupid! I am glad that they still won though.

Myth
That was an ugly shot but I wouldn't say don't let him shoot it. He makes it pretty often, its just that when he misses its ugly as hell.

Tptmanno1
I'm only rooting for the Pistons because of Rip Hamilton. Go Ex-Uconn people!

Linkalicious
man his form on that jumper wasn't bad, but once it left his hand things got ugly quick.

I hate to admit this, because i'm gonna stick with my team through thick and thin, but i kinda want Detroit to win just because their defense is freakin sick. It's hard watching the Lakers pitiful defense go to work. Of course I'll make an except for Karl Malone....his D kicks ass for a guy who can't jump.

Detroit's just.......hard not to like.

Myth
blink

Tptman - This should be the draft of your dreams then.

wuTa
he airballed the 1st shot but he made like 3 or 4 and one was a big shot in the 4th from 16 feet...the lakers are gonna give him that shot and he needs to take it because when he makes them that just opens up more offense for detriot

wuTa
i got a kick how everybody in the west thought San Antionio had a better D than detiort...and i even the lakers said the spurs had a better defense...i expect that from the fans coz they probly dont see detriot play alot or at all but the lakers are suppose to have scouts and shit....detriot held oppenenst under 60 points for like 10 straight games and even though the spurs tied detriot with holdin there oppenents to 84 points a game this is the spurs 1st year doin that...Detriot has bein doin that for the past three

Linkalicious
I wouldn't say Detroit's defense is any better than San Antonio's....but i wouldn't say it's any worst. Both have slight advantages and disadvantages to their game, but with the combination of their offense, i'd say San Antonio is a better team.

Detroit shuts down crap teams from the East all season long. Detroit wouldn't be able to hold the top 5 West teams under 70 points 4 outta 5 games. (neither would SA, but still) I just wouldn't build hype around one game one performance where the whole Laker team besides Shaq and Kobe shot like 25% from the field. Call it good D all you want, they missed the majority of their open jumpers, game 2 will be a different Lakers team and the same solid Detroit team.

wuTa
yea and you can call poor shooting all you want but this whole post season when detroit won when the other teams shot poorly... poor shooting is caused by good defense..... detriot doenst play the east all year they play some west teams too and if it was so damn easy to shut down teams from the east than how come indiana didnt hold oppenents under 60 point for so many consecutive games that got an awesome defense and they play "crap" teams from the east....

the pistons proved they have a better D last game the spurs never cause the lakers too play that poorly

Linkalicious
the Lakers bench shot 16% in game 1. Call that good defense all you want...i'll call it poor shooting. Only because they won't shoot that bad for the rest of the series. I can understand forcing 30-35% from the field....but 16% is just poor shooting.

Series tied.

Los Angeles Baby Los Angeles!!

wuTa
what the hell are you doin?...you cant steal my line...for the second straigh game noone on LA but shaq and kobe scored double digits and that only happens when the lakers play the pistons i'm sorry but that aint a quiocidence....the series is tied but detriot still stole one and it took LA another 5 minutes to beat the pistons, plus the pistons lost that game LA didnt beat them

so series tied and we play 3 in the D ...lakers cant stop billups, rip is startin to score, sheed tore it up in the 2nd half of game 2 and i dont see him gettin foul trouble on home court so i loooove detriots odds so GO PISTONS!....Detriot baby Detriot! (thats how you say it)

Linkalicious
Sheed tore it up for all of 2 minutes of that game, the rest of this series he's been getting worked by Karl Malone. Though the bad knee isn't a good sign of things to come.

The Lakers have won an away game every series in this years playoffs and the same is going to happen in Detroit.

Billups and Hamilton as a duo aren't going to produce like Kobe and Shaq as a duo.

And Rasheed's whopping 12 points isn't exactly a double digit performance that i would go bragging about.

Can you tell me the last time the Lakers lost 3 games in a row? how about the last time they lost three in a row to the same team? I can't tell you that because it hasn't happened in a LONGGGG time....and i have no reason to believe the Pistons have what it takes to finish this series at home.

Myth
No team has ever swept the 3 games games in the middle of the Finals before but if the Pistons come back to LA up 3-2, it should be good enough.

Linkalicious
i'll take that should anyday...

Especially with this Lakers team. They're the best team in the league when they're against the ropes.

Myth
I'll give them that, but I'm really starting to believe in Detroit. The Lakers are more clutch but I think the Pistons might pull off something big by outplaying the Lakers the rest of the game.

wuTa
rasheed- it only took him like 5 minutes to get that whopping 12 points.... he aint gettin worked by malone he's bein rasheed and playing with more emotion than baskeball IQ which gets him in a alot of foul trouble and leaves him on the bench just like it did when he played indy and the nets how can he be gettin worked when he's on the bench but everyone saw what he did when he was on the floor

billups and rip....i never said they are gonna produce like shaq and kobe are you tryin to put words in my mouth..NO duo can produce like shaq and kobe but the lakers also dont have anyone that can guard billups and rip is gonna get his points and now if sheed can stay on the court than that will open it up for more for people like prince

Lakers-no and since i'm not a laker fan i dont care about the last time the lakers lost 3 straight but they never played a team like detriot for 3 straight on the road either...the lakers also never lost a home game in the playoffs before the pistons tore em up in game 1 so i wouldnt be too cocky about that home/away winning statistic of the lakers

Linkalicious
If Malone isn't working Rasheed. Then where was he in game 1? He played the 2nd half and still didn't produce. He's going to get his 12-15 points a game, but Malone won't let him explode for 20-25 points in this series, unless someone like Billups or Hamilton are having a bad game. Malone is mind f.uckin Rasheed by taking it hard to the basket and playing physical on the defensive end. He pushes Sheed a lot because he tries to set him up to pull the chair on him. It didn't work when i saw him try it though....Sheed just drop stepped instead of traveling. Damn him!

I never said that you said they could produce like Kobe and Shaq....that's what I said.

No one has seen Fisher or Malone drop their 15 points that they've been putting up atleast once every series. Hell even Payton has had his 15 point games. I'm still waiting for Prince to have one of those games too, but i think there's a better chance of Fisher or Malone doing it before Prince. Not because Prince isn't good enough...because he seems to be lacking something on offense this series due to the defense he's putting up against Kobe.

Ok, ok....will it make you happy if i tell you there is SOME chance in hell that they can beat the Lakers all 3 games in Detroit? Fine, then have some chance of doing it. Just do me a favor and admit you were wrong if LA takes game 3 or 4 from Detroit. And of course, i'll do the same if they manage to finish the series in Mo Town.

wuTa
the question isnt were was rasheed in bgame 1? the question is were is rasheed period he hasnt showed up at all in the post season thats why it was so good to see that offensive explosion last game coz thats what we brought him here to do malone is a good defendor but sheed has been playin like sh*t every since the playoffs started so i'm not gonna give malone that much credit

no one has seen malone or fisher drop there 15 yet coz this is detriot just coz they did it against other teams doent mean there gonna do it against this team i'm not sayin its not possible i'm sayin with malones injury and billups size and quickness i think they can hold all 3 in check

you lost me on your last paragraph.....if you absoutly think there is no chance that detriot cant win all 3 at detriot than thats what you think.... i think detriot can take all 3 whether or not you think detriot has a chance isnt gonna make me any happier than what i already am ... besides you never game them a chance to begin with so why should you say they have a chance now ....unless of course your gettin nervous

Linkalicious
well i've been nervous since before the opening tip off of game 1. That's the best part of basketball....the tension you feel and anticipation.

I am a Laker fan...this is true, but I'm also a fan of basketball. It's not that I want Detroit to win, or that I'm seriously concerned about them winning. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...especially after i underestimated them.

Myth
Malone's having more and more injury problems so it might get easier and easier for Sheed. Lets just hope.

forumcrew
blowing game 2 lost the series for them

Linkalicious
thata boy forumcrew!! good to finally....finally get some support.

though Myth makes an excellent point....Karl on one leg is still better than Slava or Walton.

BloomBabyGirl
GO LAKERS..heh heh heh ill probably getshot now...

wuTa
"i find your lack of faith disturbing"... i'm sorry what?...i'm not sure if i'm reading this right but it seems to me that you thought game 2 would have broken detriot and utlimatly costin them the series i know the series is far from over and detriot sitll has to bring it for 2 more games but after the pistons just totally shut down the 2 best players in the game 3 and handed the laker there own ass all i gotta say is Detriot baby Detriot!! Happy Dance

Linkalicious
Last night was a thorough ass whooping in all aspects of the game...

I'm just waiting for Billups and Hamilton to cool off for one game because it's going to happen. Just because the Laker's defense is sub par, doesn't mean those two should have career nights every night. If Kobe and Shaq had a bad game...then so will they. And Los Angeles will still make a game of it, or should i say...Detroit will still make a game of it when those two are off.

Unlike the announcers, sports writers, and psuedo Laker fans...I didn't think they're miraculous game 2 was what it would take to start the Lakers up. I feel that a good beat down, like they got last night, is the sort of thing that will wake them up.

I don't expect a complete turn around, like they were a different team or anything, but I do expect them to play better. Kinda like when they got handed their own ass against San Antonio and the Timberwolves...after their large losses...they always come out like they have something to prove. The only problem is...they've had something to prove all season long and they haven't acted like it. So "flipping the switch" isn't going to happen like a lot of fans would like to believe. I even heard a dumb, know nothing b!tch on the radio today have the audacity to say she thinks LA is toying with Detroit so they can play more home games to make more money. Jesus LA is full of morons.

Detroit's got them on the ropes pretty bad after last night.

wuTa
billups is a vey underrated point guard.....his size and quickness is a huge advantage over the lakers guards but he can defentily have a bad game but as long as he keeps making good decisions he should be fine...rip is one of the best players is in the league but he doesnt get any recognitation coz he's in the east and on a defensive minded team...i remember when we were debating over the lakers and pistons a while ago and i mentioned rip and you were really probly thinkin "is he jokin?" mine point is its not the sub par defense that makin hamiliton play like he's playin...... its hamilton thats makin him play so good....indy has an awesome defense and he played just as good against them

wuTa
whistling1

Arachnoidfreak
HAHA you're just gunna rub it in now aren't you? lmfao laughing

Linkalicious
It's all good. I enjoyed my 3 years at the top.

Still better than losing to Sacramento or San Antonio.

FlappingMangera
So happy the Lakers have fallen, Congrats detroit fans

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Sarah15
Congrats Detriot...even though i was rooting for L.A. but Congrats, they played really good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.