I-Robot and the Matrix Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DenKi
Guys some of you have seen the trailers and this looks so much like how the War on earth started with the machines, As seen from the Animatrix. In this film One Robot Kills a human and it starts off from there. Just like the Animatrix and the Matrix Films.

You will deffo think bout the matrix when u watch this

Post your thorghts

Korri
you can do the robot?

embarrasment sorry i couldnt resist

sith_darth_jay
laughing

shake zula
domo arigato mr robotomusicrobot

JediHDM
Dude, chill out, its just the robot.

Korri
laughing its contagous!

Alias_Neo
talk to meee boooy

DenKi
sigh, why do people do that, i try to start somthing of then people ruin it.

Korri
it was funny no expression

DenKi
Can you do the Robot... Haha Funny.................................

Korri
yes it is, its hiliarious thumb up

SaTsuJiN
whats really annoying though is how they 'borrow' navras to support that stupid I-Robot trailer... the movie is obviously crap.. will smith wishes he was in matrix, so now he's trying to get into the 'machines enslave humanity' kick.. so boring... jada should dress up like niobe and kick his ass

TheVenomSymbiot
FINALLY! Someone ELSE noticed the song! I though I was going psychotic when no one else recognized it. When I first saw that, I thought they WERE making a movie out of "The Second Renaissance". I don't think it would be a bad idea, if the Wachowski brothers had full control over it, but this looks like a bad ripoff.

super shadow GL
can you do the robot lol...............aint funny no mo

clavis9495
yes it is funny indeed

plenTpak52
It's not a rip-off you tards, it's based on a book.

Lil Seraph
The movie looks pretty fake, but I'm still gonna watch it. But in the Animatrix the robot squeezes the ugly ladies head till it explodes then he kills all the cats n stuff. In the irobot movie the robot "pushes" the guy out of a window

Mr.Matrix
my g/f loves will smith so were goin to see the film soon, i saw a trailer for it last time i went to the movies.. didnt look to good.. but im goin for her ay..

Real
OMFG, you people, Isaac Asimov wrote "I Robot" YEARS before anyone even concieved the Matirx....this is not a spinoff, this is THE ORIGINAL!!! omg, i love the matrix as much as anyone, but seriously, get over yourselves a lil bit, not everything is based off the matrix, perhaps the Matrix is itself BASED off of many things...TSR pts1&2 were based off of I Robot, not the other way around.

moonwalker741
i think its a coincidence.....

terd40
i also noticed the music during the trailer and was like wait a minute, this is the music that plays when neo fights smith. i guess we'll find out if they are related if the robots (machines) win.

Mr.Matrix
dude! what trailer are you ona bout.. i have the matrix soundtracks.. and not 1 of them is even close to the trailer music.. send me a link to the trailer you herd what your 4t it was..

Mr.Matrix
http://www.foxuk.com/trailer/page_intlcms_002408.html
if this is the one your ona bout then its not.. cuz the fight neo and smith have has the music 'neodammerung'. the conductor has his own music for the film i,robot

Real
I Robot is based on a book, whereas the matrix was a script made for a movie...the two are completely irrelevant...

DenKi
yeah Duh u fool. course we know that and we all know there not related but it looks to be the same thing how the Machines first attacked The Earth (Animatrix)

Real
wtf!? who are you to call me fool? youve been here wut, 2-3 months, ive been here 9? "Senior Member" my @$$...dont say that the two look to be the same thing, this is an issue i think that needs to be dealt with in this thread; The matrix is a compilation of a wide variety of ideas...so one cannot compare everythin to the matix, the matrix must be compared to everything else...

have you READ I, Robot DenKi? The story is actually pretty different from The Second Rennaisance...it wasnt everyone against the robots, it was the robots surprising everyone...
anyways...dont call me a fool for tryin to bring down the matrix off its pedestal of glory for you...but sorry to say, the matrix was simply a unique collage of a lot of old stories and ideas

plenTpak52
Didn't I just say that?

And besides, even if they was no book, the movie I, Robot (and even the Matrix in some ways) would be WAY more of a rip-off of The Terminator. You know, The Terminator? Arnold Schwazrenegger? Machines try to overthrow humanity? huh It was pretty popular...guess you've never heard of it though erm.

Real
The terminator came out in 1984...
I, Robot was written in 1950...Dont even try to put anythin on top of Asimov...after jules verne hes the father of modern science fiction...
the written word came before film, and particularly in this case you are wrong...I, Robot was not a rip off of The Terminator, because The Terminator DID NOT EXIST in 1950, now did it? hmm...1984 is 34 years AFTER 1950...so how bout, No.
I, Robot did not RIP OFF anyone...simple as that...read some Isaac Asimov before you think the he ripped people off...more like everyone ripped him off...after all, he created the "Three laws of robotics" and in fact, the term "robotics" as in, the study and use of robots, was coined by Asimov...

plain and simple, no. you lose.

plenTpak52
You see? This is why you have to actually read the whole post

"And besides, even if they was no book...."

plain and simple. PAY ATTENTION

Serif
Oh, I take it you are an Asimov fan? big grin

Serif
I am going to watch I,Robot big grin

When I saw all nine Animatrix, I couldn't help but think Asimov. Particularly the ones that had the robots.

I've been waiting for more movies based on Asimov's stories, and Animatrix explored aspects of this. I liked it big grin

It was odd how that last deed caught at the imagination of the world. All that Andrew had done before had not swayed them. But he had finally accepted even death to be human and the sacrifies was too great to be rejected.

The final ceremony was timed, deliberately, for the two hundredth aniversary. The World President was to sign the act and make it law and the ceremony would be visible on a global network and would be beamed to the Lunar state and even to the Martian Colony.

Andrew was in a wheelchair. He could still walk, but only shakily.

With mankind watching, the World president said, 'Fiftyn years ago, you were declared the Sesquicentennial Robot, Andrew'. After a pause, and in more solemn tone, he said, 'Today we declare you a Bicentennial Man, Mr Martin.'

And Andew, smiling, held out his hand to shake that of the President.

DenKi
I Robot is based on a book, whereas the matrix was a script made for a movie...the two are completely irrelevant...

FS, no one said that there the same........ I-Robot just looks like how the Machines first started the War againts Humans, I came here to get peoples thorghts, FS No i have not read the I-ROBOT BOOK, and im not going to, All i did was the 1min trailer at the cinema and it looked like somthing out of the Animatrix.

U get the odd idoits on here like you Real

Arachnoidfreak
if there was no book, there would be no movie. Neither The Matrix, or I, Robot.

Real
wrong, you dont need a book to have a movie, somethin called a "screenplay" would work...
secondly will you just stop sayin that I, Robot looks like somethin outta the animatrix? if you'd simply correct your statement to say that the animatrix looks like sumthin outta Asimov or looks like I, Robot that'd be fine...
n who are you to call me an idiot if youve never read the book or cant understand that animatrix ripped off asimov not the other way around

Arachnoidfreak
No see, without the book, there would be no inspiration for the screenplay, therefore, no movie. Maybe something similar would eventually come along, but we definitly would not have what we have today.

i'm george
oh oh yes yes thats good oh you hit the spot.

§wordpoint
the music sounds nothing alike no expression

plenTpak52
Oh for Christ's sake! It was a hypothetical question! Don't take it so litereally. You know what I meant!

Real
hey arachnoid freak: what book was the matrix based off of?

§wordpoint
roll eyes (sarcastic)

some peopel never get it no expression

Real
no i understand it, that remark was directed towards Arachnoid Freak's adamant assertion that all movies come from a book

Korri
lol...

Arachnoidfreak
Not ALL you illiterate fool, I never said ALL, don't get sarcastic with me when you are the one who misinterperates my statement. These two movies, I, Robot, and The Matrix, are heavily based on the book. So was Terminator.

Real
unfortunately regardless of what you're TRYING to say, you keep getting it wrong...The Matrix itself was NOT based upon I, Robot THE BOOK, The Second Rennaisance I & II were, but not the movie The Matrix about an anomaly in a computer controlled reality created by machines...that sir was a gigantic collage of many many sources of ideas...
The terminator played off of I, Robot a little bit...but it was still completely different...it was one of the machines helping the humans after the robots took over...

Arachnoidfreak
Something being based on a book does not mean that everything about the movie was taken from the book. The Matrix was heavily inspired by the book i.e. if B166ER(or any other robot) never murdered anyone, there would have been no Second Renaissance, or Matrix, the machines would never have taken over the humans, and the anomally would have never existed. When I refer to The Matrix, I am referring to all of it, the 3 movies, the video game, and The Animatrix.

TheFreedom
If anything, the matrix copied I, Robot because the movie is based on a book that is older than all of you.
Isaac Asimov, search that on google.

Superfly4000
I think that the strange thing about i,Robot is that it is directed by the same man who made Dark City, which has caused some debate over the years...

OSchan
OMFG THOSE ROBOTS KILLED THE CATS (i thought those were dogs....but now i see....) THOSE BASTARDS. LETS DESTROY ALL THE ROBTS THAT ARE THE SAME MODEL AS THAT ONE THEM SYSTEMATICLY BURRY ALL OF THEM IN A TRENCH I NTHE OCEAN....AND IF THEY BUILD A CITY LETS IGNORE ALL POSSIBLITIES OF PEACE THEM NUKE THEM AND AND IF WE BEGIN TO LOSE LETS SCORCH THE SKY BLOCKING OUT THE SUN SO THEY WILL HAVE TO FIND AN ALTERITIVE SOURCE....!!!!! wait...i always hated the logic of the future humans in the se . though i could see us doing that

Superfly4000
Ha Ha, Very Funny embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.