LOTR Fic - Eagos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Non of this is remotley true but I like to have my day-dreams at school and came up with this idea, so perhaps just level with me for a while...

During the beginning of The Third Age, there was a man who had a connection with the Eagles, his name was Eagos. He was a man but who could communicate with eagles and had "the marking of the eagles" on his body (a tattoo of an eagle if you will). For this he was giving the title "keeper of the eagles".

He was called by the King of Gondor to fight alongside men & elves at the battle of the last alliance and to take his eagles with him. Eagos sent forth an army of Eagles to Mordor where they all fought extremley hard and as we all know the outcome, Men & Elves defeated the dark lord Sauron.

For his skills and assistance, Eagos was called to the kingdom of Gondor where Issildur was awaiting to see him. The new King of Gondor gave Eagos un-natural powers which would turn him into a half man/half eagle. Without even being able to have a say in the whole ordeal Eagos was cursed under Issildurs power of the ring and was now bound to the ring until it was destroyed.

Being cursed meant that eagos was now able to form into an eagle at anyone point, his appearence (even as a man) seen him as 9 foot tall with a strong figure. The only thing that made him half an eagle was the fact that he had claws instead of feet, and could form wings at any time and therefore would be able to fly...

With Issildur cursing Eagos, he swore him, nor his eagle would fight for the kingdom of Gondor ever again until his curse was lifted - Issildur laughed and took no notice of this.

When word reached of Issildurs death, Eagos went into hiding along with some Eagles for the most part of the third age.

---------------------

Eagos does not show up until the third movie of LOTR (being ROTK), but does get a slight mention in the mines of Moria where Frodo explains to Gandalf

Gandalf: Escaped, or set loose! I have a feeling Gollum has a part to play in all this and also sense that another creature will take a toll on the rings desmantle

Frodo: What do you mean,

Gandalf: I sense that Gollum and another creature will meet with you some time on your travel to Mordor, one of them will help you destroy it, and the other one will try and take it from you!

I will continue with this part later, but now I want to go onto where Eagos first arrives in ROTK

Edoras, where the celebrations of the victory at helms deep begins. Legolas is inside enjoying himself when he senses a distrurbence moving closer to the golden hall, He runs outside to see what it is, Aragorn & Gimli notice something is not right with legolas and follow him outside. A winged creature lands infront of Legolas. Gimli without no hisitation picks up his axe and throws it

Gimli: Fell Beats, be gone!

Gandalf: (using his powers to weild gimlis axe into his hands before striking the creature) No!, this is no beast, this is Eagos, keeper of the eagles.

Gimli: Well he doesn't look like an eagle to me

Legolas: so the legends are true, you still exist with un-natural long life powers

Eagos: You assume correct Elve, but tell me what is so un-natural about me, is it these wings? (puts his wings back into his body, they disappear), or is it the fact that word has reached across to my hears of the one ring being found again.

Gandalf & Aragorn look at each other worried that eagos is no longer the kind-hearted man the tales were told upon.

Eagos: Don't worry, I am here to offer my services to Rohan, I too also now know the war which this ring is going to cause and I would rather see that ring destroyed than back in the hands of Sauron, or anyone else for that matter. Do not worry, I have encountered the one you call Frodo....*a flashback occurs where they met*

Discos

Discos
erm, thanks for taking the time to read this, please leave your thoughts/suggestions/questions/rants/hateful letters

Discos - be gentle big grin

Ravsta
Hey that was quite good! Only problem i have.... i would prefer it a bit longer! Wiil u be posting the alternate ending and the twin story?

Camellia
Pretty promising stuff - I have a couple of questions though and I hope you will not take offence!

1.) Is there any particular reason as to why you have used a script format instead of speech marks? Just wonderingsmile

2.) Were you planning on uploading this to an actual fanfiction site? If so, not meaning to be rude, but were you planning on getting it Beta-ed? No real problems really - just a fussy little 16 year old here who is an extreme perfectionist when it comes to grammarsmile

But, before everybody flames me, I felt that I needed to say this. It is a good story, with a good plot (I like the bit where Gandalf is talking to Frodo in Moria - clever, the way you 'tweaked' those lines!) but just with some silly mistakes that bugs an avid fiction writersmile

So, once again, sorry if you take offence, but I just wanted to notify you of these little mistakes, just in case you had not noticed!

Discos
lol no non offense at all, I need to know some things so I can change them,

erm, I don't actually know where to upload this to a fanfiction site but if you leave an address I suppose I could.

Ravsta, yes sorry it could have been longer than that and I will try and make the twin story as soon as I can. The twin story actually consists of a love story between Eowyn, a rivarly with Eomar and also the actual "twin" brother part

Discos - trust me its a good one the twin story

Camellia
Try fanfiction.net - you'll have to get an acocunt first though!big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.