Underworld, Unrated Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Anyone here planning to pick this up? And those of you that get a chance to watch it... does the additional 23 minutes really improve the overall film? This was one of those movies that I was borderline about getting after renting it... the added/remastered footage could push this one into the must get category.

Stormy Day
Uh I dont think more footage is nessecary.Itll just drag it on.Underworld is the kind of my that needs and extended edition.

Cinemaddiction
Huh? It doesn't need more footage, because it will drag on, and you think it DOES need to be extended? embarrasment

Anycrap, I bought it the day it was released. Haven't gotten around to seeing it just yet, I'll try and do so tomorrow.

Evil Dead
it's decent.........could have been better.

Flying Orange
Havent seen it--- want to though, might wait for this, whens it out?

Primitive Screwhead #1
Well, screw it. I bought it on a lark since I never got around to getting the first one. At worst it will remain a decent film in my collection that didn't benefit from the makeover... hopefully it turns out otherwise.

Mr Zero

Wolfie
The extended cut wasn't much. It wasn't bad by any means, it just wasn't anything special. There's an added documentary which I found interesting that wasn't in the original DVD.

Cinemaddiction
I never watched my copy, lol.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Nor have I. Too much on the to-do list to get around to it.

MildPossession
I didn't waste my money on the extended, I am happy with my shiny covered 1 disc full of mostly crappy extras lol.

Fun movie that I enjoyed a lot but was annoyed with the actor Speedman, should have gotten another actor for that role, music scores excellent also.

Just looking forwards to the next two in the trilogy.

BOPRecruit 16
loved the movie and all of the special features for this dvd edition of underworld. my favorite one was the specials on special effects and the director's explanation of how he had invisioned the movie to be like a work of art.

Jedi_Knight
sorry it's just boring

trav6612
so i take jediknight you are in the hate it camp???????

trav6612
so does it have a sex scene in the unrated version?? I heard it has one between kraven and erica??

Wolfie
Yeah, you don't see much though. The book features the sex scene very graphically.

rwoonacott

Wolfie
Some movies are cut down to maintain their desired MPAA rating. Releasing the director's cut to DVD is good because they don't need one.

rwoonacott
There is nothing like going to the theater and watching a good movie on the big screen, however I have always wondered what it would be like if they release the original movie first, then after a few weeks release the directors cut or extended version. You would think that people might pay to see it again.

Wolfie
Didn't Napoleon Dynamite do that?

Cinemaddiction
There was an added wedding scene once it was put into wide release, which was spliced after the credits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.