The long wait!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

super shadow GL
boy or boy this is such a long wait for episode 3.i get anxious by times.this thread is to tell how is your long wait for episode 3.

Sith Master X
It's going by quick, but slow at the same time. The anticipation, it kills, but it'll all be worth it when the time comes.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
yep i agree but still slow

spadesmamma61
er..... isnt this pretty much the SW EP 3 countdown thread? We have one of those.

spadesmamma61
ps my crystal ball predicts thats this thread will be merging soon...

Sith Master X
More than likely Mamma. yes

SMX
cool

moonwalker741
i think its going slow....its pissin me off...once the traile comes out ill feel better

Sith Master X
Same here, also, once we know the official title it will be somewhat of a relief, but it doesn't beat a trailer by any means.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
maybe but i will still find it slow and god dam i hate waiting

Sith Master X
I can agree with that. The waiting sucks bigtime.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
the movie was early rumored to be out in may 2004 that would of been cool

Sith Master X
That would have been great, but you know the rumors, one thing turns into another unfortunately. sad

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
one thing turns into a thousand things lol

OB1-adobe
Star Wars made getting through Lord of the Rings total cake walk. It's gettin close though. It'll be here in no time. I am just sick of watching the saga with this major gap in between. When I walked out of theater after AOTC I was like "DAMMIT! 3 MORE YEARS!"

spadesmamma61
Oh my god! Those were my exact words ayt the time too!

super shadow GL
yep i said the same thing i was likeembarrasmenth my god this is gonna be long dude.

hana_skywalker
I have a countdown on my desktop, it's quite cool! It feels like time goes by a bit more faster. Try it if you don't have one. http://www.clockdown.com

spadesmamma61
oooooo I got one of them too! aint it cool? lol

Darth Venom
I have 1 also and my Screensaver is a r2-d2 3d count down to the dvd's smile

Lyn
Don't even get me started on how long this wait seems. ROTK & HP3 have kept me going this long but...May 2005...far too distant for me.

Darth Maverick
I can't imagine how packed the cinamas are gonna be on May 19th, I migh even have to skip school that day to c it, this is for sure gonna be the biggest event in 2005!

FatBrit
Dont go giving me ideas stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Actaully when I saw AOTC, the theater was not packed at all. I saw the first showing the day it came out, and besides this lady bringing a sh*t load of kids with her it was not packed at all.

spadesmamma61
My oldest daughter and I went on the 2nd day it came out..mainly because I hate lines and crowds...at any rate, here we are all pumped to see it. And we get in and sit down and here comes 4 middle school boys who plop down in the row behind us but just a little ways down. They start to talk, they talk thru the previews and then when the movie starts, they are still blabbing away. By now I've had enough, I get up walk down to where they are and lean over the seat and say I have waited 3 years to see this freaking movie and if you little f*ckers dont shut up now I'll have you tossed out of this theater! I think it shocked them to have someone their mothers age speak to them that way cause we never heard another peep outta any of em! LOL If I wait 3 years to see a bloody movie I want to hear every single sound of it! laughing laughing laughing

super shadow GL
i skiped school to go see it and it had a alot of people in it you know people whit lightsabers and stuff

Lyn
I saw Clones with my parents and my brother. It was like, 2 weeks after release though...we saw a later session of it. I had to keep looking over at my Dad and check he wasn't asleep during the romantic parts. The cinema wasn't PACKED but there were a lot of people considering how late it was.

And mamma...I completely agree!! I hate it when people keep talking through the film or if someone really, really tall comes and sits in front of you...I HATE THAT...!! laughing

spadesmamma61
saw this today and Im damn glad Hayden dropped out. Darth Vader and Superman? The poor boy would never get another role.

According to Superman-V.com, there were once six actors being asked to screen test for a chance to be the Man of Steel: Brandon Routh, Mike Vogel, Hayden Christensen, Jake Gyllenhaal, Max Brown and and Charlie Hunnam. Today, the Dark Lord of the Sith has opted out of the process.

spadesmamma61
oh yeah or even better they come in with a passel of bratty kids..... idiots
mama

super shadow GL
cool superman

FatBrit
I could really use a someone like you down here mamma. Got this bunch of 11 years olds sitting infront of me in ROTK, and they kept giggling about something. So on a count of three all my friends slammed our feet into the top of there seats and watched them bounce forward then slam back,

didn't hear a sound from them, violence is always the best option in these circumstances smile

Darth Ravenous
if people talk durign a movie i yell at them or throw stuff at them at ROTK i must have hit 23 people with spitballs and popcorn

oh yeah and dimes to

OB1-adobe
When I saw AOTC, I sat dead center in the middle of the theater. Then all of a sudden twenty elementary school kids show up and sit right behind me. I had to move. When I saw the Hulk, now that was a bad movie expierence. Not only was the movie an hour and a half too long, every possible thing that could annoy you happened. This old guy behind us would'nt shut up, and he kept hitting the back of my seat and making crumpling sounds with his popcorn and bag. I don't know what is it with latino families, but when they go out they bring their whole friggin family. One of them had a baby, and it cried and made noise the WHOLE time. This was like an 11:00 P.M showing to. This guy next to us made gross sounds while he was eating, and breathed all heavy. And then the CAPPER. This guy's cell phone goes off. So what does he do... HE ANSWERS IT!!! You can hear the conversation at the other line to. "Hey man wudda ya doin?", "I'm watchen a movie." I wish I had some
Bat-spray for that type of situation.

super shadow GL
i kicked a 99 year old lady cuz she woulnd stop babling about war and stuff nah just kidding i never get bothered when i go see a movie.

El Toro De Brah
Dam, i got nailed by an aussie 50c coin (it's a big friggin coin) in the back of the neck. so i turned around and it was plain obvious who it was. so afterwards and went up to him and gave him his coin back and a right hook.

but yea the wait is too long. and the feeling is gonna b even worse after watching the OT dvd's and wanting to watch the linkage episode.

Sith Master X
I've made up my mind already. I'm skipping school the day Episode 3 is released, and yes this is about the only thing I'd skip school for. I'm going opening night. Why? Because I won't be able to help it. I've been waiting so long, pathetically, I would not be able to bare another day!!!

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
im doing the same thing wink

Sith Master X
Good, at least I'm not alone then!! big grin

SMX
cool

Lyn
Nice move Hayden...!! Definitley agree there Mamma...
Btw, I like your Signature too...laughing thumb up

Lucky you...I don't know when I'll get to see it...sad

spadesmamma61
Thnx Lyn thats one of my favorite pics from EP2

Lyn
One of mine too...I have heaps of them. Hypernova and I had a thread dedicated to Anakin&Padme, Anakin/Hayden pics...somewhere in L&EU Forum...probably lost now...laughing

Xanatos
Things I do during LOTR

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

9. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

15. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

16. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

17. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

18. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the Shelob scene.

20. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

21. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let herself go

As for episode 3 I'll see it first day, first showing Just so I can see a duel between Anakin and Obi that doesnt suck

BTW-Im new, sup cool

spadesmamma61
welcome! altho you're kinda in the wrong room there cowboy...this is Star Wars EP3...what are your thoughts on that movie?

spadesmamma61
oh damn I hope not....imma go look.....

bILLYgOAT
I have sat thro RotK
and when you have had to sit thro the 30 min ending
then waiting for EPIII ain't so bad wink

seriously tho
when I was 9 my dad took me to see ESB and I fell in love with SW
3 years later and RotJ came out and I wanted more, but I had to wait until TMP for that.
during that wait i immersed myself in Star Trek ..........
#I'll get my coat# big grin
and when Lucas returned with the special editions then ST looked like a poor relation in comparison...apart from Star Trek First Contact which is a fantastic movie, and is better than TMP thats my opinion of course.

to end the ramble I think that GL has created the prequels as a trilogy of stories similar to LotR, three sections of one story and I believe that EPIII will place him on a par with Tolkien, every element of the trilogies has been a deliberate stitch in the tapestry that GL is creating.
We will have to wait until May 05 to see its magnificence in full.

spadesmamma61
oh man I agree was 50 endings necessary? I'll make it.....it's going to kill me with anticipation but I will survive cool

bILLYgOAT
lets hope that the RotK DVD special doesn't have more endings laughing out loud

Xanatos
I know it's an ep3 room but someone mentioned LOTR, any way is it just me or did the years from ep1 to ep2 seem to last forever.

Rabid_Wolverine
episode 3 will be packed.

thank god i got cousins working at the movie theatre.

when ep2 came out i saw a screening of it in chicago were i am from and man it was crowded as hell.

spadesmamma61
To me it was forever between all of them. wink

Sith Master X
These past 2 years have gone by quite quickly for me, but this year, because it's the last one will probably go by long.

SMX
cool

Rabid_Wolverine
this year is going fast for me.

its only a matter of time when episode 3 hits.

Sith Master X
That's what I've been saying, I'm just so anxious that even a day seems long, but hey, it'll be here and part of the anticipation is waiting.

SMX
cool

Lyn
Xanatos; Welcome..!! *waves* VERY FUNNY..!! laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing
bILLYgOAT; That's a very nice attitude to have...happy thumb up

Xam
getting closer and seems harder to wait since all these cool new pics and the title has been revealed!!!

Sith Master X
Yeah, the release of the title really boosted the anticipation level for me.

Mortanius
Right now I'm waiting for the OT DVD to come out, then I can see the episode 3 disc. Next will be the trailer to come out in november. Does anybody know exactly when in november it comes out? What movie will it be attached to?

Xam
nope probably a 20th century realese lolllll

Mortanius
I remember when the the TPM trailer came attached to 'Meet Mr. Black.' I had the good fortune of taping it when it was aired on ET. I sure as hell hope that the ROTS trailer is attached to a GOOD movie.

Sith Master X
I don't care what it's attached to, I just want to see it!!! eek! lol

Mortanius
I remember that a bunch of people bought a ticket to 'Meet Mr. Black,' watched the trailer and then promptly left. At least the Episode 2 trailer was attached to LOTR.

Sith Master X
Are you serious? LOL Paying to get into the movies just to see a trailer!! HA! Oh well, I can't blamb them cause after all, it's STAR WARS!

Jedi Priestess
Do you mean Meet Joe Black? with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt? if so why do so many people hate that movie? I liked it. And I know some of my cheerleaders that have went to a movie just to see the trailer for TROY, so they could see ORlando Bloom. eek!

Mortanius
I don't know, but it's probably a guy thing. We don't go to a movie starring pretty boys unless there's gonna be some real action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.