Spells/witchcraft, your opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
My friend bought a book to school today with a lot of white magic. The spells are to help out your school life and stuff like bullys, popularity, exams and stuff. A lot of the spells seem real and don't have stupid things like you need frogs eyes. It's like write symbols and doing things with them. I actually might try some. What do you guys think about witchcraft?

misha
uh, dont beleive in it!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Why not? have you ever tried it?

Royal_Knight
i have no problem with it..people can practice anything they desire as long as i am not involvedwink

big gay kirk
Magic works... unfortunately, it also takes lots of time and lots of faith to make it work... its not Harry Potter, or David Copperfield, and "drawing symbols and doing stuff" is only the focus... Also remember the basic rules.... 1 What you do affects things, so be very aware of what you are doing... if you haven't thought about the full effects of a spell for at least a month, you aren't ready to cast it... 2 What you do will come back to you... so if you are casting a spell to harm, be ready for the backlash... 3 Don't drink anything you've made without really checking it out... I've seen Pennyroyal mentioned in many love potions, but frankly having a miscarriage or severe uterine bleeding, and a risk of infertility and death doesn't seem to have much to do with love... 4 Don't mess about with magic... if you're going to do it, do it seriously...

Yuna33
magic is cool!

cLoVi€
it can be dangerous. erm
but i would try shifty

Df02
its a Placebo, beleiving in something enough can make it seem to work.

like the popularity thing.... if you beleive that the spell will work, you'll be more confident in dealing with social situations, which will in turn make people like you more, and therefore make it seem like the spell worked

ABE LINCOLN
I second that!! Do whatever the hell you want, as long as it has nothing to do with me! happy

Rogue Jedi
i know a girl who claims to be a practicing witch. i challenged her to show me a trick or spell to prove it, and she couldnt.

big gay kirk
of course she couldn't... she's only practising.... wait till she can do it properly...

lil_lost_one
If I may interject here...speacking as a wiccan -- or witch if you prefer -- I've been a member of the magickal community of nearly 14 years. Please, allow me to clear up a few things...

1. There is no such thing as white, or black, magick. The purpose behind the magickal working determines the path it will take.

2. Magick is not something to be played around with. If you're going to do it, then do it. Do not treat it as a hobby, and if you do begin to practice make sure that you're doing it for the right reasons and not because you're bored.

3. Real magick is nothing like you've seen on t.v. and in the movies. When you perform a magickal working, it may take time before you see any results. The universe will grant you what you seek when it thinks you should have it...but if it's for selfish reasons or if it may injure someone in one way or another, you will never see it come to pass.

4. Just because you can't see something, it doesn't mean it's not there.

5. To ask someone to prove themselves to you is neither fair nor right to either person. People expect their beliefs to be respected and in turn one should respect other peoples beliefs.

Now, it's not my intention to preach to anyone, I merely wanted to clear up a few misconceptions I read in this thread. Now that I've said my two cents, I'll sit back and let someone else have a go...

Rogue Jedi
well, practicing or no, she claimed she could do it. i dont know what "it" was, but she failed. its a lot of mumbo jumbo, just like voodoo.

Raventheonly
....much in this world cannot be explained... yet i do know that candles and hope and confidence will not cause things to happen. What ever energy that we feel around us and what we cannot see has not been tapped by humans yet or ever will... becuase if that energy was ... we would be under domination of those who know how... and all i've seen are pathetic attempts to tap things that only God has control over.

Rogue Jedi
i could not have said it better, raven....
*hands raven a cigar*

Raventheonly
*lights up*

Rogue Jedi
a bunch of parlor tricks and nonsense.

Raventheonly
Can you imagine the world if actual mages or magic in that matter existed... they would dominate everything .... anyone who has the powr of basically fate can do anyhting they want.... thats why it cannot be true.

Smiling_Sadly
uh, i do kinda beleive in it, my aunt does it....but i think any kind of it is, well, EVIL! evil face

Raventheonly
in the bible Jesus and a magician square off ... so yes... you can say that^

Smiling_Sadly
well thats good.....i guess...

Rogue Jedi
imagine if saddam tapped into dark powers.

Smiling_Sadly
how creepy!

Raventheonly
Right.

Smiling_Sadly
i like that raven!

Rogue Jedi
if someone here has dark powers, i challenge them to show me. dont curse me or anything, just move a penny using your mind or some shit.

Raventheonly
I just sent electronic signals which produce images that make your brain think.
*magic*

Rogue Jedi
dammit!!!!!

Smiling_Sadly
lol! nice!

Rogue Jedi
damn wicca.....

Smiling_Sadly
lol, wut the f.uck!!

Rogue Jedi
that too.....

Raven Guardia
before you try any of this take loads of time to think about it!!!!! do not just jump into it thinking you can always handle this stuff...believe me you do one spell wrong every thing goes wrong!!! I also know about spells and tarot and stuff like that. before you doing ANYTHING! read up on what your doing and make sure you know what your doing..once you say a spell its done there is no turning back you can really make stuff happen it maybe be with good intention but some of the worst things happen with the best intentions!! in the wrong hands this sh!t can go bad even if not meant that way!......no matter what I say i cant stress the fact that you should not try this if you have no idea what you are doing! believe me...read all you can before doing this...here are a couple words of advice!!

1) never do a spell unless you read over it first!
2) NEVER EVER EVER read a spell out loud unless you are ready to that spell because once it is said it cant be taken back!!!!
3) In order to know if a spell is white magic or dark magic read through it WITHOUT saying in out loud READ IT TO YOURSELF because once said its done! and who ever you were thinking about at the time that spell will fall on them!

please dont get involved unless you really know what your doing....

another thing is... another witch can bind you meaning they take your powers and you cant get them back and they can harm you!! no matter what this whole thing is too risky. when trying to conjure spirits for healing you might accidentally conjure the wrong one....so please take time to think this over.

P.S. NEVER PLAY WITH A QUIJI BOARD!!!

Smiling_Sadly
thanx, i plan not to!

Raven Guardia
I hope yo all think I'm not flipping I'm just trying to warn you on the severety of this stuff.

drunk_nazgul
I, personally, think witchcraft can be helpful... but at the moment I'm not allowed to use it. confused

Smiling_Sadly
uh, hey dn!

Raven Guardia
dn there many forms of witchcraft...not all are helpful

tarot on other hand ( which I can do) is not witch craft tarots are a tool of deviation......tell can for tell the past and future not do spells

drunk_nazgul
Hey, SS. And, RG, I know. messed There are so many black magic spells I've wanted to use, but I was just hot-headed those days. angel

Raven Guardia
dn...I'm just worried about you..I dont want to see my friends get hurt

drunk_nazgul
Why? I'm fine. I'm your friend? confused Well, thanks for worrying, but everyone has problems.

There was this one spell that could break your crush's girlfriend's back! eek! That's harsh! I pretty much like Tarot the best. yes I like crystals, too... My friend has one that is suspected to answer yes/no questions about your future. It got all my questions answered correctly! yes

Raven Guardia
were she get the crystal??

see I use to want to do spells...but my friend who DOES do them told me not too because its not always good.

Raventheonly
i'm scared.....

you guys^

drunk_nazgul
Shadowskill's mom gets crystals from all over the world. She's a psychic... A good (paid) one.

Raven Guardia
dont worry RTO....I wont hurt you wink

Raventheonly
Don't worry ... you can't
Vme smile

Raven Guardia
well just lucky enough I know the exact counter curse!!...that is I can defeat you (j/k) laughing out loud

Raventheonly
I know my schools of magic.
but no courses.. sad

Rogue Jedi
witchcraft=crap

Raven Guardia
RTO> do you like HP?

Raventheonly
somewhat but i never read the books sad don't hurt me *puts hand up *

Morrowind teaches you a lot about magic along with neverwinter nights and D&D

Raven Guardia
awwww I wont hurt ya...but I can teach you sum cool HP spells

Rogue Jedi
HP....is that for horse poo?

Raventheonly
Destruction
Alteration
Illusion
Conjuration
Mysticism
Restoration
Enchant
Alchemy

Rogue Jedi
i know what it means. kidding!!!

Raven Guardia
RJ hp means > Harry potter love I love harry potter

Yuna33
hp=harry potter(right?)

Yuna33
okay.... i was right and i love hp too!

Raventheonly
Another set of schools much the same:
Abjuration
Conjuration
Divination
Enchantment
Evocation
Illusion
Necromancy (nasty little school)
Transmuttation

Raventheonly
These schools would make HP wet himself.^

Raven Guardia
wait...are these real schools or just fake?

Rogue Jedi
um...harry potter is not real.

Raven Guardia
no silly jedi I know that but sum stuff in it is...like tea leaf reading and dark magic etc...

Raventheonly
Quite real. When it comes to classing what type of spell and magic goes where.

Raventheonly
Destruction (destroy life)
Alteration (manipulate physical world)
Illusion (alter perception)
Conjuration (Domination and creation of creatures)
Mysticism (Shape and focus unworldly elements)
Restoration (restore life and cures)
Enchant
Alchemy (potions)

Raven Guardia
cool!...where did you learn this?

Raventheonly
many places... smile
like 7 years in and out of games and books, most are quite nasty.

Raven Guardia
I read about Alchemy and Nicolas Fammel the only know creator of the sorecor stone...I also know about Enchantments

SessomaruLover1
Call me weird if ya want but I have gone to 2 different schools. Dark magic and white. White being more shaman but yeah. You don't have to believe in it but I do. I once tried this one incantation and symbol (a curse symbol) and I placed it on this one B!tchy girl... big grin

Raven Guardia
well I believe you but I would never use dark magic its too risky and can destroy others lives

SeptemberRain
If i might, LLL posted this about magic, just so u all know, cause he says there isnt any white or black magic.

SessomaruLover1
well. What he says is true. but I still like to call it Black and white\shaman to show the differences between the way I use magic. all of "us" know that.

Rogue Jedi
i hate to sound like mr. dursley, but there is no such a thing as magic!!!

SeptemberRain
ok, dont get all defensive with the empasizing of US like a offended anyone

Raventheonly
I the physical world as we know it yes you are right as i pointed out earlier.... but in the fantasy world ... LOTR, Morrowind, HP, and in the D&D world there is such thing.

SessomaruLover1
I wish there was some place for "us" like in harry potter. this one W. dude said if you were to worship the devil he would grant you many powers. I don't worship no saint but that guy can levitate and actually fly on a b.s. blink only 5 ft. off the ground though.

SeptemberRain
Karma(what u do bites u back in the arse). See yall later

SessomaruLover1
bye. I have to go to. I'm gonna watch family guy. Good bye all yall "muggles" and fellow W & M. big grin

Raven Guardia
just to let ya know I'm not a muggle nor a mud-blood! I'm a slytherin big grin...a pure blood

Yuna33
you guys are getting deep in this convo.!big grin

SessomaruLover1
Neither am I, but I'm sorry if it seemed like I called "u" that. I took this one quiz on this site called quizilla and came out with the result of "you are a pure blood! You have taken the path of the Griffindor house. Take pride, be strong. But you may betray and follow those of slytherin. Do not be misjudged" yeah... it was okay. So It's all good. Well I gotta go. Good-bye and good night all shifty *does some wack stupid witch laugh* J/K, j/k. Bye big grin

Raven Guardia
its okay I wasnt mad...just leting every know I'm slytherin *is proud*

KK well good night

Raventheonly
I'm usually one of those power hungry loney mages to... so perhaps slytherin is the way. evil face

Yuna33
wow, i'm gryffindor,took the test also!

Raven Guardia
RTO > slytherin rocks come and join us!!

BackFire
I think it's a bunch of crap. If anyone ever tries casting a spell on me I'll kick them square in the nuts.

Raven Guardia
BF the might be a little hard depending what spell is casted.

by the way you from Huntington!! I think thats were link is from ( sorry I know you dont care)

Yuna33
okay?

Raventheonly
i did the quiz and i'm a ravenclaw sad

BackFire
yes, he is indeed from huntington.

Also, I don't believe in spells. So I'd still kick them square in the nuts.

Raven Guardia
actually I do believe in spells and things like that...but I dont do but I can read tarot cards

Yuna33
and then....?

Lianslo
well...i was gunna answer the original question....
I believe that witchcraft is evil...there are plenty of ppl who practice it, and i think to a certain extent some of it can be "real"...cuz the devil is real, and can cause certain evils w/ the help of those who worship him (that didn't come out the way i'd planned...cuz it sounded more like i was talking about Satanism)...but...I also agree w/ what Raventheonly said way back on the first page, if it really was a true force we'd all be screwed...so its a good thing God is in charge! smile

but...i'm in gryffindor...and proud of it! (that prolly sounds controversial being that i just said witchcraft is evil...but Harry Potter and people who practice witchcraft are two totally different things....one big one being that Harry Potter is fictionsmile)

Raventheonly
Ravenclaw!

Raven Guardia
no dude you gotta be in slytherin evil face

Raventheonly
i changed intelligence to bravery and i got :

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'll try my spell on saturday.

Pred@tor
Slytherin!

Lydia
I believe that there is no such thing as good magic. there is only evil magic that evil people do to worship dark spirits and junk.I think that if you have ever seen something really good happen to someone that is against all odds, then you could perhaps call it a miracle, definatly not good magic.

Darinda
hi guys,i belive in spells too,the ywork,but this is a cleche,but becare full what you wish for.

Darinda
hi raven,sorry if i offended you in the harry potter thing who would you date,and just real srry if i offended you.

Raventheonly
which raven? he he...

Yuna33
hey!
what's up?

Raven Guardia
alright slytherin all the way!!

Raventheonly
nothin, you?

Darinda
raven guardia,real sorry if i offended you.

Yuna33
nuthin'!
what r we talking about?

Darinda
i think i may have offended her in a harry Potter thing.

Yuna33
really!?
we can do that?
there's something new!

Raventheonly
offend rav G no way....

Raven Guardia
Darinda you didnt offend me smile....did you guys actually think I got offened or sum thing...I just havent been there in a while I mostly stay here at Off-topic

sniper
*puts spell on all*
hah, now you all have hormone problems, wait, teenagers...dammit!

Raven Guardia
sniper I can put a spell on you evil face

sniper
really...

Raven Guardia
really...yes...what kind do you want?

sniper
shifty

Raven Guardia
evil face....I'm waiting

sniper
choises...

Raven Guardia
*plays with tommy gun while sniper makes up his mind*

sniper
*hits head on wall*
no decisions here, why dont you decide, or just flip a coin

Raven Guardia
well what am I flipping for? heads =? tales=?

pixie1
wot about if it lands on the edge?

Raven Guardia
well pixie then I flip it to the side of my choice evil face

sniper
it's your choice anyway, i dont care

Raven Guardia
how about a......love spell....

sniper
define love...
those dont work on me

Rogue Jedi
in the immortal words of han solo, "its all a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense."

Raven Guardia
really jedi....well lets just see....I will tell you a simple wisheing spell that works...you find out for yourself!

Raven Guardia
love as in getting you crush to notice you etc...

sniper
unnessecary

Raven Guardia
to tell you the truth I never did any spells but I did read on spells and I know how to do them I just never felt the need to do any yet.....but I do use tarot cards.

I know how to do

a healing spell
a love spell
a wishing spell

Raven Guardia
I also know a money making one

sniper
wishing & money sound good

Rogue Jedi
share it!!!!! if it works, i will buy you a diamond.

Raven Guardia
I will pm you....the spell dont want any spys stealing my knowelge

Rogue Jedi
thankya!!!!!!!

Raven Guardia
no problemo

Darinda
thanx-
ya, i belive in spells,but ya know ya have to be carefull about how you wish for things.
like if you wished for money,you would get it from some one's will,and that would not be cool.and say you asked for a person to date you,you would get the person you want,but you will get the same lost,do ya know what i mean?

big gay kirk
magic does exist... but its nothing like what most people think... real magic is not spectacular, and it is long winded, and tedious to do... it requires a lot of thought, a lot of application, and a lot of hard work... thats why people who can do it aren't in charge of the world... if you enter into it for greed and to cause pain, it will work, but the consequences for you will be dire... I've only cast one successful spell, and even now I'm not sure it was successful... thats the problem with real magic, its results can be explained away by a variety of other things...it doesnt matter what anyone says, magic works only if you believe it will, and its getting the faith that takes the time....

Rogue Jedi
what if someone you loved or you had a condition and you wish for it to go away?

drunk_nazgul
I love love spells. But I've never used one. happy

Raven Guardia
rj...it should work trust me...I never tell you anything that would hurt you. besides its all how you use it...if the spell I told you dont work just pray to god...I pray when I need help.

Raventheonly
"light as a feather stif as a board " lol...

N.Tonks
I've been practicing Wicca for about 4 months. Magick is good yes

lil_lost_one
Okay, here I go again...anyone who doesn't wanna listen, please cover your ears...

1) Witches do believe in God, but we see God as having two sides, a masculine and a feminine and we call them the Lord and the Lady, or simply Spirit.

2) You cannot magick someone against his of her will to make them bend to yours. To do such would be ethically wrong. We have no interest in harming others.

3) Never practise a magickal working you don't fully understand. It is quite possible you could cause irreperable damage to those around you.

4) Witches do not believe in the devil nor the Christian Satan. We believe that to give evil a name is to give evil power. We have no interest in working with, in, or through evil.

Okay, now I'll sit back down and you all can continue...

...incidently, for those of you who keep referring to me as a guy, please stop...I am woman, hear me roar! big grin

shellie
thank you . well said .

Rogue Jedi
interesting.

Raventheonly
i'm scared.

Rogue Jedi
i wasnt aware that wiccans believed in god.

shellie
im not wiccan . i have a best friend who is . yes he believes in god . god the father & god the mother .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>