USH'S GAME EPISODE II- 'REVENGE'. Light Side Area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

LanceWindu
Lance stands before the Jedi Council waiting for them to speak. He is standing to the left side of Master Gundark. The young Jedi Phinney stands next to Lance.

Since the time from the last mission Lance's wounds have healed and he has progressed in his teachings of the Force. He is still a great swordsman and he still owns the blue bladed lightsabre of his friend turned Fallen Jedi Yerssot. He keeps it clipped to his belt that is over his tunic. Over his tunic he wears a dark brown robe.

During the wait for news on Kuylen or Argentis, Lance has started to grow a goatee.

He crosses his hands behind his back and clasps his fists together. He awaits the Council to address him...

mah
'What news will I receive from this Trorn, then', Mah thinks as he walks towards the office where he is expected.
'And why so much activity at the JediCouncil today...'

He walks up to Trorns office-door, and makes his arrival noticed.

Ushgarak
(Lance- I am just waiting to see if Gundy posts)

Mah, Trorn welcomes you warmly

"Mah Ar'cor!" he says. "It is good to see you back."

You have just completed the assignment. It has been a VERY busy time for the Jedi lately. The Order is in serious danger of overstretch.

"I am afraid that we must call on you to serve again almost immediately. Have you ever heard of Master Gundark? She is at Temple right now."

mah
''Master Gundark, yes. I've heard much about her achievements, why? And what is it that requires such sudden actions?''

Mah is somewhat surprised that something obviously is so wrong that he is again called up for mission.

Ushgarak
"Master Gundark is being sent on a new mission, Mah. Gundark has asked for more assistance. We have good reason to believe it will be dangerous. I am afraid... um... I am afraid they lost a Jedi on their last mission. It is a dangerous situation.

"There are a dozen places we need experienced agents like you, Mah, but right now there is nothing more important than Master Gundark's mission.

"How much do you know about the recent politics of the Damagran Confederacy?"

mah
''I....have heard they've declared themselves independent, isn't that correct?
I will of course join any mission I am appointed to, and I would be honored to work with the likes of Master Gundark.''

Ushgarak
"Of course," says Trorn. "Well, the Damagran situation gets more complicated by the second. Faylar is being investigated on several dozen charges of crimes against the Republic. Intervention may even occur; it must be said, everyone is greatly surprised by Palpatine's decisive use of a blockade.

But while Damagran is independant, we have no jurisdiction there. Nonetheless, it looks like it will be ncessary to send a team there. it will be a very... delicate mission."

-

Lance- after making your introductions, Windu speaks.

"Earlier today a ship tried to run the blockade around Damagran. The ship was destroyed in the attempt. We have been keeping track on all ship running the blockade, and this one interested us. We have a recording of its entry." Windu runs the hologram recording.

You recognise the ship immediately. It is the Hutt Corvette that the Dark Jedi were using. "We have confirmed it is the same ship," explains Windu. You watch as the ship plinges full speed through the blockade. At least a dozen ships tear into it with heavy lasers. The ship crumples, falls in half, and breaks up in the atmosphere.

"We cannot be entirely sure why they wanted to return to Damagran," says Windu, "but it was deifnitely them." He runs the recording back and freezes at a point before the break up, and the picture zooms in. Escape pods!

"These were not noticed at the time. It now seems likely that Kuylen and his friends successfully made planetfall, near the city of K'rra Chi. They no longer have a ship, but..." He shrugs. "It DOES seem they are there."

Windu has more to say but waits for any reaction first.

LanceWindu
Lances face twists in surprise.

"This is completely unexpected. Why would they want to have their own ship destroyed? It now seems as if they are trapped on Damagran."

mah
''How big will this team travelling to Damagran be?''

Ushgarak
"Their strategy right now is unclear," says Windu. "We might have thought that they were seeking asylum with Faylar, but we are almost certain now that Faylar and Kuylen have become deadly enemies. We hear Faylar is as keen to find Kuylen as we are. It would, of course, be helpful if you determined what they are doing on Damagran.

"But the situation is complex. Damagran is no longer inside our jurisdiction. We have no power to interfere with events there in any way." Windu sighs. "But if Argentis pursues Kuylen there, it IS our business. The Republican blockade on Damagran gives us hope that we may be able to intervene in a more official capacity, but for now the only orders we can give you are to retrieve Argentis. Opposing Kuylen- and DEIFNITELY opposing Faylar- are rather out of our remit."

"But," adds Ki-Adi Mundi, "we would expect you to use your discretion. If you can prove that Faylar or Kuylen are working to subvert the Republic, we would expect you to act on that."

"We cannot stress enough that this is a delicate situation," says Windu. "The Senate is still debating it. If you have any doubt at all, ONLY go for Argentis."

Again, he waits for any feedback.

Ushgarak
Mah-

"Well," begins Trorn, when there is a knock on the door. "COme in!" he says. A tall Twi'lek, in Jedi robes, enters.

"Master," says Torn, nodding towards him.

"Mah, this is Jedi Master Ratjan Kiel."

Kiel extends his hand towards you, Mah.

"Pleased to meet you," he says.

mah
Mah takes a step closer to Ratjan Kiel and shake hands with him.

''Very pleased to meat you too, Master.''

Gundark
"I understand the supreme chancellor did not have the full backing of the senate in ordering the blockade," Gundark mentioned, but it was more of a question.

Ushgarak
"Indeed not," says Ki-Adi Mundi. "Many were heavily opposed to the idea. The Republic has not been this decisive in a decade or more. Only Palpatine's extreme popularity following the Naboo incident allowed him to get the vote passed. And only his personal interest brought the motion to the senate at all. We hope this is the start of the restoration of Justice to the Republic that he has talked of. People like Faylar have made a sewer of what we fight for."

"Our plan is this," says Windu. "We have, of course, arranged for whatever ships you use to be allowed through the blockade surrounding Damagran. The Supreme Chancellor has authorised your mission. owever, there is no safe way to land you in enemy territory. In any case, we do not know where Kuylen or Argentis may be, though the city ther pods landed near seem the best option.

"We have contacted the Pro-Republicans on Damagran, who came to your aid before a Avalar. They are, of course, very happy to have more Jedi sent to aid them, but they understand that you cannot intervene in any official capacity. With any luck, they will be able to supply you with the intelligence and means to discover either one of your targets. But I am afraid you will be evry much on your own in this mission."

-

Mah-

Kiel shakes your hand, but uncomfortably- nothing to do with you, he seems to find shaking uncomfortable.

"Have you relayed my request to the Council, Trorn?" he asks.

"Master Kiel..." says Trorn, hesitantly. "Perhaps you would wish to re-consider. This situation is already complicated enough by those seeking personal vendettas."

"My motivation is not revenge, Trorn. Unless you consider loyalty to a friend a dangerous emotion."

"It is not my place to criticise, Master, but ANY strong emotion can cloud judgment. A substantial team is already being sent to Damagran..."

"Will the Council hear my request?" interrupts Kiel. Trorn sighs.

"Of course they will," he says.

Kiel turns to you, Mah.

"Have you heard of this man Kuylen that Master Gundark has been up against?"

mah
''Of Kuylen I have heard some, but not much. Words of a once great Jedi, now Fallen.''

Ushgarak
"Yes, I knew him once," says Kiel. "The finest sabreist I ever saw. Quite what happened to him I can't even imagine. No matter. Kuylen has taken my former padawan, yerssot, captive. I have requested to be allowed to join Gundark's mission to try and retrieve him."

Kiel turns back to Trorn.

"And I mean that. Not to strike him down for his mistakes, not to take revenge on his captors, but simply to rescue my friend."

Torn nods.

"Very well," he says. I am sure the Council will agree if you insist. "Mah, I am sure the others can tell you about Kuylen. He is an exceptionally dangerous opponent. The Council is not looking for any more dead or captured Jedi. The others can fill you in on the actual details of your mission."

Gundark
Gundark gave Mundi her full attention. "Personal interest ? What exactly would the Supreme Chancellor's personal interest be ?"

LanceWindu
"Yes, why would the Supreme Chancellor have any interest in Damagran's blockade?"

Ushgarak
"From what I understand," says Mundi, "The Chancellor is extremely keen for the Republic to present a united front right now. His interest seems to be entirely altruistic, rather than related to some personal gain. He feels that letting a criminal like Faylar break worlds away from the Republuc should be stopped in whatever way we can."

Gundark
Gundark considered this. She had personally met Palpatine only once, at Qui Gonn's funeral on Naboo. He seemed to have genuine concern for the future of the Republic and a strong enthusiasm for his new position as Supreme Chancellor. Gundark knew to accept this explanation as closure on the point and knew Lance would do the same.

"Has anyone examined Argentis' belongings ? Anything he may have left behind to give us any clues as to his true intentions toward Kuylen ?"

Ushgarak
"Argentis kept little," says Windu, "He took everything of any value to him. We tried to find out if hje had been acting in any way unsual lately, but all we found is that he paid regular visits to the Jedi Archive. That was not unusual, because Kuylen used to work there. But we think he might have been trying to decipher Kuylen's intentions; this was before we got the full story from you, of course, Master Gundark."

Gundark
"Argentis' former master is not the man he once knew." Gundark's nearly fatal encounter with Kuylen was still vivid in her memory. "Kuylen is not to be underestimated."

LanceWindu
"And neither are his followers," adds Lance. "When Argentis gets there he will either have to face them all and die or they will brainwash him like they did to my friend."

Lance suddenly has a flashback to the day that he saw Yerssot standing with the enemy.

Ushgarak
"We agree with your concern for Argentis, of course," says Windu. "It is that concern that has convinced us to send a mission to Damagran even though we have technically no authority to do so.

"Master Gundark, as we promised, extra agents are being made available for your mission. They are being briefed by Trorn as we speak; you may speak to them at any time."

"Do any of you have any further comment?" asks Windu, as inscrutable as ever. Not as inscrutable as Yoda, who has still remained silent throughout.

Gundark
"Once we've met with the rest of our group, we'll be on our way," Gundark answered. Her gaze flicked briefly to the silent Yoda.

LanceWindu
Lance stays quiet knowing that there is nothing more to speak of. He quietly begins to back out of the room...

Ushgarak
(So much for my 'More have you to say, Master Gundark?' line...)

Ok, you guys can now wonder to Trorn's ofice and get together, tell Mah anything you think he needs to know and so on.

LanceWindu
Lance walks to the left and behind Master Gundark. He lets her lead him and Phinney to Trorns office. The group had just heard that there are some fellow Jedi coming with them on their mission to Damagran.

He then turns to Phinney, "Who do you think it is that will be coming with us?"

Ushgarak
Arriving at Trorn's office at the same time as you guys is a young looking Jedi who looks up at you people. He gives a respectful nod to Master Gundark.

Gundark

Ushgarak
Um... nice try, Gundy, but this guy isn't as tenth as reckless as Anakin. You'd almost call him dull.

This being set two months after TPM, Anakin is still eight, so I would describe him as more than just young-looking...

Sorry about that! (Runs and hides)

Gundark
Removed previous post due to complete lunacy. Guess Kellan can't read Arin's mind all the time ! wink

Ushgarak
Ah, moon-induced was it? I understand...

Well, he'll introduce himself to you guys, anyway. His name is Ithrorn, and he is a Jedi Knight, of course.

"I look forward to working with you, Master Gundark," he says, politely.

LanceWindu
Lance gives a slight nod.

"Greetings Ithrorn, I am Lance Windu."

Ushgarak
Ithrorn offers you his hand, Lance.

Kiel emerges from Trorns office, nods to the group in general, and heads to the Council room.

LanceWindu
Lance takes his hand and shakes it. He notices that Ithrorn has a firm grip.

"Ithrorn...Ithrorn. Now where have I heard that name before?"

Ushgarak
"I'm afraid I'm not famous yet!" he says, with a smile. "Certainly not as famous as Master Windu's own nephew. I hear you are making quite a name for yourself. You've been in an actual sabre duel, I hear?"

LanceWindu
"Oh, you can't be saying that I am famous. It's only because of my uncle. And yes I had my first actual saber duel. I would have completely won had the guy no run off. It turns out that the guy was my master's slayer."

Gundark
"We're glad to have you along, Ithrorn," Gundark told him. "Don't let Lance fool you. He is to be commended for his part in the last mission. His skills have improved quickly." She put put a reassuring hand on Lance's shoulder. "I've found him to quite capable in any situation."

mah
''Pleased to meet you, Ithrorn.''

Ushgarak
"So, Master Gundark," says Ithrorn. "When were you thinking of leaving?"

Gundark
"If the group is ready, first thing tomorrow morning," she told him. "Argentis has quite a head start on us."

Ushgarak
"Assuming he has been able to track Kuylen of course, Master," says Ithrorn.

Gundark
"True. But Argentis still knows Kuylen more than the rest of us," Gundark answered. "Is the transport ready?"

Ushgarak
Trorn can field that one. I assume we have all sidled into his office...

"Well, Master Gundark," he says, "you can requisition what you like. Morpheus' ship is still available, of course. You can take a Republican Diplomatic cruiser , as you don't need to go undercover. We could even offer you a small squadron of fighters but it seems a pain to take so many ships.

"But whatever you ask for will be ready by morning."

Ithrorn speaks again.

"Trorn, do we even know if they are actually on Damagran? If Kuylen is as dangerous as has been pointed out, maybe he is try to decoy us."

"Um... well... I beleive we had SOME form of good intelligence from the pro-Republicans that Kuylen was there..."

"But we can't check that until we get there?"

"Umm... no. Officially speaking even the pro-Republicans are being blockaded. Unless the Senate decides to side with them we are not allowed to receive transmissions from them."

Gundark
"A cruiser will be fine Trorn," Gundark told him. Something clicked in the back of her mind. She turned back to Ithrorn. "How can Kuylen be trying to decoy us if he doesn't know we're coming ?"

Ushgarak
"I read your report, Master. You saw Kuylen escaping in the ship that later ran the blockade on Damagran, and was destroyed. Therefore he knows that we would search the galaxy to find that ship. He assumes, of course, that the Jedi will hunt him down since his efforts at Avalar. So he sends it on a suicide run to Damagran, and programmes it to eject the escape pods. And we all waste time looking for him there. Meanwhile he gets a new ship that we cannot recognise."

LanceWindu
"New ship or not we will still track him down. Once we do that we shall have our final confrontation with those Dark-Jedi."

Ushgarak
"Well, it just occurs to me that we might be wasting our time going to Damagran."

"Do you actually have a BETTER idea?" asks Trorn.

"Regrettably, no," says Ithrorn. "I was just poinint out the possibility."

"Good," says Trorn. "Well, you can go there and find out for yourselves. In the absence of any other leads you may as well."

Gundark
"We really have no other choice than to start back on Damagran," Gundark concurred. "We'll meet at the landing platform at first light."

mah
''Is there anything else I need to know before we leave?..If not I would like to go and prepare myself a bit before the journey.''

LanceWindu
"Yes I can concur with Mah. I need to prepare for this trip also. The last time I went to Damagran I was unprepared."

Ushgarak
(Indeed, as you never even landed there...)

Ok, I'll wait until tomorrow to see if you guys want to talk to anyone or check anything, and then the team can head off!

Master Kiel will always be available to talk about yerssot and impart some of his great knowledge of the galaxy, whilst Ithrorn will always be on hand to offer very dull but sensible advice. Bios for both can be found in the Descriptions area, though Kiel's is not very long as I didn't invent him.

Ki-Adi Gallia
*enters*
"Trorn, I am here. What do you need to tell me?"

mah
Mah intended just to relax and prepare himself before they left, but after a while he changed his mind.

''I need to ask this Master Kiel some questions, things I still haven't learned'', he thought, as he was getting closer to Master Kiels location. He entered the room were Kiel was.

''Master, this is Mah Ar'cor. If you have the time, I would like to asko you some questions.''

Ushgarak
(MOD NOTE- a forum error is causing some of these posts to appear in a scrambled order. Please try your best to cope)

Kiel has just come back from, his meeting with the Council, Mah, and is happy to field your questions.

Ushgarak
"Ah!" says Trorn. "Master Gallia! Glad to see you. Alow me to introduce Master Kellan Gundark," he says, pointing out to you the woman at the head of the small group of Jedi in the room.

"Master Gundark is going on the dangerous mission and she will need the likes of you. Do you wish to fill her in, Master Gundark?"

mah
''I understand that part of this mission, or at least your task, is to retrieve Jedi Knight Yerssot. How do you plan to accomplish that?''

Ushgarak
"That depends what I find there," says Kiel. "But in short I plan to rescue him from his captors by any means necessary."

mah
''Do you think you're strong enough to do this? All by yourself I mean. Isn't this a near impossible task?''

Gundark
Gundark stepped forward to extend her hand toward the woman who had entered. "Master Gallia, it is an honor to make your acquaintance. Our mission to Jaglon Beta found us in the midst of a brutal power struggle with treachery amongst the key players." She motioned Gallia to a chair and sat down herself. "The pirates failed in their attempt to eliminate the Dark Jedi. But whatever information they've obtained from the Sith archives will undoubtedly increase their power in some form. As you know, these powers will be unpredicatable. We must be prepared for any possibility."

Ki-Adi Gallia
*Ki takes her hand, then sits down.*
Ahh, and what do you need me to do?

Ushgarak
"I rather think I know my own limits and the perils of the task ahead of me," says Kiel. "But what makes you think it will be so hard? Yerssot is not being held in a prison. The Dark Jedi have no friends they can callmupon for help. I imagine it will be hard enough for them to hold onto him even as it is, let alone if a rescue attempt is mounted.

Gundark
"What you had learned from Qui Gon...his knowledge of the Living Force in addition to your adeptness with Mind Tricks I feel would be tremendous assets to our cause," Gundark told her. She sighed, clasping her hands together. "And then there's Kuylen. It took every resource I possessed to survive the encounter. His power with the Dark Side is like none I have ever experienced."

Ki-Adi Gallia
Hmm, what do you know of this character?

Ushgarak
You would know the basics about that, KAG. Kuylen was once a Jedi with a phenomenal talent for swordfighting. He used to work in the Temple Archives, and then disappeared two years ago on a mission to Hutt space, presumed dead. The truth would appear to be different.

mah
''Of course. I have no doubt in your abilitys. I was just thinking that there were many DarkJedis around him, and some would be able to attack you when you got to Yerssot.''

Ushgarak
"Well, I am not intending just to steam in and fight them all at once, young Knight," says Kiel. "I will wait my opportunity. They will not all be with him at all times. And if I am helped then that is all the better."

mah
''Yes, Master. Thank you for your time.''

Ushgarak
"Not at all!" he says, with a smile.

Ok, you guys will set off tomorrow (real time). You can always talk on the ship...

Gundark
Very late that night, Gundark awoke with a start. "Kellan, go on....take my ship...go, get out of here..." She looked around, confused. It was Morpheus' voice echoing in her ear. She climbed out of bed, pulled on her robe and went out to the small balcony off her quarters. The night skies of Coruscant were flooded with light from the great artificial beast that grew out of the entire surface of the planet itself. The skynet seemed even busier at night, blinking lights of every color hurrying, always hurrying to be somewhere. The sight of leaving Morpheus behind on Jaglon Beta overtook her vision. Her group had escaped, but Morpheus death had been in vain. They had failed to stop the Dark Jedi, SHE had failed to stop the Dark Jedi. She fell to her knees, sobbing, her fingers digging into the balcony's permacrete railing like talons. She let her emotions wash themselves out as her eyes washed themselves of tears. She grieved for Morpheus as she had grieved for Qui Gon, alone, in the dark, where no one could see her, where no one could sense her pain.

LanceWindu
Lance sits alone in his quarters awaiting the next day. At around 3:00 in the morning he decides to meditate to ease his mind.

Gundark
Gundark was up before the dawn, getting dressed and pulling together the rest of her field kit. She picked up her lightsabre, feeling its reassuring weight as it molded to her hand. She then headed for the transport platform to meet the rest of the group.

As she waited for her fellow Jedi, she tried to extinguish her feelings of revenge. You won't get away this time, Kuylen.....or you, Quam.... Damn ! This was no good. She took a deep breath, calming her emotions.

LanceWindu
Lance awakes the next morning refreshed after his long meditation. He grabs his gear and starts for the transport platform. He double checks everything before he closes his door.

Ki-Adi Gallia
*Ki-Adi awakens, and dresses quietly. She grabs her lightsaber and clips it onto her belt*

mah
Mah gets up, dresses, and equips himself with the lightsabre before he walks down to the platform.

Ushgarak
Ok, folks, time for you to go!

As a diplomatic ship you have priority status from traffic control, and you fly easily through the crowded Coruscant space lanes and soon launch into hyperspace.

The Damagran Confederacy is a fair way out so they journey will take some time; any more conversations or preperations you want to make can be done here.

You can always monitor the news from Damagran. The current news is that Confederate troops are still holed up in the captured Republican city of K'rra Chi. Faylar is rumoured to be polanning a nerw offensive to crush all opposition but it is unclear where his reinforcements will come from

Gundark
Gundark studied the readouts from the console where she was sitting. K'rra Chi was sprawled in a heavy jungle. That sounded hot and uninviting. Faylar's probably got the whole area covered with security screens...and deathtraps, she thought. This wasn't going to be easy.

LanceWindu
Lance waits for the conformation of being safley in hyperspace before unstrapping himself from his crash webbing. He walks up behind Master Gundark and waits for her to notice him before he speaks.

"Master? Wait are we to do first? Should we go straight to the dark presences that we are sure to feel there?"

Ushgarak
Well, to make things clear- there is NO safe landing spot for you anywhere near K'rra Chi. You will have to land in a Republican area. They ARE expecting you.

Gundark
*smacks forehead* I knew that.

Okay - proper post.

"We are being permitted access through the blockade. We do have to make a legitimate landing and identify ourselves to the Republic representatives," she told Lance. "But remember the instructions Master Windu gave us. Our first priority is to retrieve Argentis." She knew Lance had a more personal motive on Damagran. Gundark stood and took Lance by the shoulders. "I sense yerssot is occupying your thoughts, young Knight. But personal quests and private vendettas are not the way of a Jedi."

LanceWindu
"Yes I know master. It's just that I hate not having my friend at my side on this mission."

mah
Mah sits quiet, listening to the conversation.

Ushgarak
The Coroa Jungle around K'rra Chi is, indeed, the major obstacle in it's re-capture, Gundark. The escape pods on Kuylen's ship landed in it.

Eventually you arrive at Damagran. It is a large, dark planet, half covered by oceans, and with some bright green patcheds. It is surrounded by the Republicn blockade- a hodge-podge of ships from many different soveriegn systems who offered to contribute ships. It is VERY large and VERY fearsome- nothing like the flimsy Trade Federarion blockade in TPM, which was alright for blockading the pacificst Naboo but not the heavily industrialised Damagranians with their large military! It covers the planet from ALL anlges, by the way, not just in a ring around the middle.

You will be landing up the northern part of the globe, at the city of Athoril, but you will need to clear yourselves with the blockade first, of course!

LanceWindu
Lance sits patiently in his seat at the helm of the ship.

"Master, would you like for me to get clearance from the blockade?"

Gundark
"Yes. There shouldn't be any problem. Tell them we wish to land at once, " Gundark answered. She studied Lance at the controls. He had learned much since his last mission but she worried about his control over his emotions. This would be another test for him.

Ushgarak
The head of the blockade knows of your approach. He gives you a priority route through the blockade.

A 'priority'; rotue? You had no idea anything was getting through. Yet it seems a LOT of shops are getting through on official business, queing up while they are processed. Medical ships, of course, are numerous as treatment is badly needed, but others you cannot rationalise. And some are distinctly dodgy- isn;t that a HUTT ship?

Once you are through the blockade, you are contatced by the authorities down below. The leader of the pro-Republican faction, Kai Verlaine, wishes to contact you.

Ushgarak
(On the assumption that you make contact...)

Kai Verlaine is a middle-aged man with a typical politician's stature. He also looks EXTREMELY dtressed.

"Do I have the honour of addressing the Jedi Master Gundark?" he asks, smoothly.

Gundark
"I am Master Kellan Gundark." The hologram was sharp enough that it wouldn't take a Jedi to notice Verlaine was agitated. She exchanged a glance with Lance.

LanceWindu
Lance glances back to Master Gundark. He looks confused about Kai Verlaine.

Ushgarak
"Excellent!" says Verlaine, with a smile. "As soon as we have guaranteed you will have safe passage down we will clear you to land at Athoril. May I speak to Yerssot?"

LanceWindu
"If I may speak freely? Our friend Yerssot is no longer with us. He was taken by the Dark-Jedi from our last mission. I believe he still follows the Light-Side of the Force, but we will never know unless we see him again."

Ushgarak
"Yerssot taken? That IS grave news. He saved my life and the life of many of my comrades. These are dark times indeed...

"Well, there seem to be no enemy ships on your flight path. You are cleared to land at Athoril; I will meet you near the landing bay."

phinney6
Yerrsot, i sensed something wrong with him. I am utterly UPSET!

LanceWindu
(Hey Phinney. Long time no post)

Ushgarak
Athoril, like most Damagran architecture, is tough and practical rather than beautful. It is also ringed by numerous anti-air defences. Your ship gets a fighter escort on the way down.

Verlaine and his party are already waiting at the landing bay for you, and watch you land.

As the ramp to the ground opens and you vegin to walk down, Verlaine gives a cheery smile...

...and then you AL get an imminent sense of danger.

LanceWindu
Lance looks towards Master Gundark and pulls her aside.

"Master do you feel what I'm feeling? I sense danger."

mah
''I feel it also! What can it be?''

Gundark
"I don't know," Gundark murmured to her companions. They had reached the bottom of the ramp and she stepped forward to greet Verlaine. She sensed the man's intense nervousness and stretched out her senses to the rest of his party to see if she could pinpoint what was amiss.

Ushgarak
Lance, you are the one who spots the gunman on top of one of the nearby landing terminals, levelling his gun at Verlaine...

LanceWindu
Lance pulls out & thumbs on his blue-bladed lightsaber as the gunman pulls the trigger on the blaster. Lance blocks the bolt that comes whizzing by.

"I'll take care of him you guys get Kia Verlaine out of here!" Lance shouts.

He force leaps on top of the landing terminal that holds the sniper...

Gundark
Gundark had her sabre pulled and activated the second she saw Lance brandish his own weapon. "This way," she urged, pulling Verlaine by the arm and steering his group toward a covered portico nearby. She watched Lance Force-leap to the rooftop.

Ushgarak
There is a certain amount of sudden confusion as gunment suddenly appear all over the place, some also armed with heavy torpedo launchers. There are some 15 shooters in all...

mah
Mah quickly ignites his lightsabre and follows Gundark with Verlaine and his group, watching carefully for any new attacks aimed at Verlaine.

(posted before I saw your latest post ush)

LanceWindu
Lance moves to a position to where he can see all of the gunmen.

Ushgarak
Lance, they are all dressed in black, like commandos or special forces.

At least five gunmen are now aiming for Verlaine, who is trying to fall back under cover of his bodyguard. The two carrying torpedo launchers are about to fire at the area directly behind Verlaine. The other eight gunment are duelling with his bodyguard... and now four of them are taking shots at you!

mah
Mah sees the attackers, moves swiftly forward and starts blocking the shots.

Ushgarak
Arleth dashes over towards Verlaine, to shield him from further shots.

Kiel extends a hand, and a surprised attacker find his torpedo launcher being pulled out of his grasp...

Ki-Adi Gallia
*Ki enters the fray, draws her lightsaber, and activates it. She pauses, waiting for someone else to make the move.*

Gundark
Gundark moved swiftly in front of Verlaine and Arleth, her sabre swinging in a blur to block the laser blasts concentrated in her direction. As Kiel Force-pulled one of the rocket launchers from the man's startled grip, she deflected one of the laser bolts into the other launcher causing it to explode, killing its operator on impact.

Ushgarak
Bloody hell! What is wrong with this place? My recent post here has disappeared. Including the edit I made; the other Jedi is Ithrorn, not Arleth.

Can't be bothered to repeat it all. You all have three main options; protect Verlaine, sweep out the attackers or aid Lance, who is picking up a lot of heat from several gunmen.

LanceWindu
Lance blocks most of the shots and the other ones he nudges with the force to move them away from hitting him. He also tries to keep his force anticipation up so he can learn the moves of the attackers before they make them.

(I know my attention is based soley on the attackers. But atleast it gets them away from Verlaine.)

mah
As Gundark and Kiel destroyed the two torpedo launcher-attackers, and Gundark is standing in front of Verlaine, Mah moves towards the attackers and starts to take them out.

Ushgarak
Unlike mass ranks of battle droids or pirates, these people are in isolated posutuins and good cover on the roof tops. It is VERY difficult to deflect bolts back at them and maybe dangerous just to charge them down, depending how fast and accurately they can fire.

Kiel makes his way around to the side of the ones attacking Lance.

LanceWindu
Lance advances towards his attackers and deflects bolts left and right. (Time to use my new force ability) Lance summons on the force to lift a piece of scrap that is laying nearby. He then throws the metal towards one of the men. It hits the man square in the chest and sends him toppling over.

Ushgarak
I assume you are advacing as far as you can go, Lance, but the ones firing at you are on different rooftops to you. I also assume the one you just took care of was the sniper you originally went for.

Ithrorn is still frantically blocking shots in the middle, as Gundy covers Verlaine from the other side. There are still about ten people gunning for you guys!

mah
Mah runs up close to Ithrorn. ''If we're two taking on the same guys there might be a better chance to take them out'', he thinks.

LanceWindu
Lance jumps into the air and throws his still activated lightsaber towards one of the gunmen. As the weapon is in the air Lance dodges the other blaster bolts flying his way. After the blade disables the weapon of the man and knocks him out Lance calls on the force to bring it back.

Once it is safely within his hand he starts to block the bolts with fierce tenacity.

Gundark
A blaster bolt exploded into the permacrete at Gundark's feet even as she continued deflecting the constant laser fire. This is some welcome... she thought, swinging her sabre wide left to block yet another bolt heading toward Verlaine. She glanced over her shoulder at Arleth. "That door there behind you ! Can you get inside ?"

Ushgarak
"I think so" yells ITHRORN (not Arleth). "WHat did you have in mind?"

phinney6
Phinney has now joined the fray, Phin is beside GUndy now trying to give her some back-up while protecting others. "Gundy we cannot fight this for much longer" *Phin then truns to Ithron* "How much longer will this take.

Ushgarak
"I couldn't rightly tell you, Phinney..." said Ithrorn. "But I am damn glad for the help!"

Kiel raises a hand and one of the gunners firing at Lance is thrown roughly through the air and off his rooftop, collapsing onto the ground below.

Someone had better take care of the people firing at Veraline damn quick!

LanceWindu
Lance was too busy with the gunman to notice Keil lift the man up.

"Whoever did that I thank you with all my heart!" Lance yells out.

He then turns to face one of the last men left.

Gundark
Gundark spoke to Ithrorn without turning her head. "Get Verlaine inside-under cover." She then turned her attention toward a pair of their antagonists, firing from a fourth story balcony. Force-pulling a turbo-lift exhaust unit from the wall of the opposite building, a sharp movement of her arm brought it crashing down upon the gunmen. The laser fire from the balcony stopped. Gundark looked back up at Lance, sensing his attention was focused far too much in one direction. Bad mistake for a Jedi. "LANCE ! BEHIND YOU !, " she shouted out loud and through the Force simultaneouly.

LanceWindu
Lance hears and feels the warning from Master Gundark and turns around to face whatever might be there.

The man that tried to sneak up on him didn't expect him to notice the approach. Lance catches him off guard and strikes him down. He quickly surveys all of the men left and notices that he can safely go back to what he was doing.

Ushgarak
Ithrorn blurs momentarily as he bundles a mostly confused Verlaine through the doorway. This is a dangerous manoeuvre but with Mah and Gundark covering him he gets through.

Their target gone, the assassins seem to be attempting to withdraw.

phinney6
Phinney slide beside Gundy protecting Verlaine

LanceWindu
Lance starts to back towards where he started out. He feels that a couple well placed laser bolts on his saber he can redirect them back to the men who shot them.

Gundark
Gundark noted that Lance could easily defend himself against the two remaining gunmen. She backed toward the building where Verlaine and the rest of her group were waiting, glancing around for any other suspicious activity. She hesitated before deactivating her sabre, glancing back up at Lance on the rooftop.

LanceWindu
Lance holds his saber in his left hand while using the Force to push one of the two men. The man falls off the platform to his death.

The other man shoots towards Lance's head but the bolt is stopped mere inches from his face. The blue blade shoots the bolt back towards it's maker. The man dodges out of the way though.

Lance then flings his saber up and controls it with the Force. It flies towards the man and cuts him down. Lance brings the now deactivated saber back to him.

He clips it back onto his belt. He runs over to where the rest of the group is located.

"We need to get out of here fast, before more gunmen show up."

Ushgarak
You needn't worry, Lance. More security forces are turning up now (and if they seem late, bear in mind that all of that only took about a minute).

"Ahem," says Verlaine. Ithrorn takes a few moments to realise Verlaine is talking to him; Ithrorn is lying on top of him where he threw Verlaine through the doorway.

Ithrorn springs quickly to his feet and respectfully holds out his hand to help Verlaine up; Verlaine stands up on his own leaving Ithrorn looking embarrassed.

"Um..." starts Verlaine, rather lost for words. "Well... I mean, thank you. All of you. Of course." A load of armed guards run over to see if he is alright; he keeps trying to brush them away.

While not exactly how it was planned, you guys can actually talk to him now...

Gundark
Gundark stepped forward, addressing Verlaine. "Do you have any idea as to the identity of your attackers ?"

Ushgarak
"Oh, Confederate special forces, almost certainly," sayd Verlaine, dusting himself down. "Same people as last time, though without any of your fallen comrades helping them this time."

Kiel walks over, carrying one of the assassins, the one he knocked off the roof.

"This one is alive," he says. "Stunned and broken but alive... any others we can talk to?"

You look around at the other assassins, all sabred, shot-bounced or proton torpedoed to death...

Gundark
Gundark looked at the assassin's face. Clearly unconscious and not exactly ready for interrogation. She sighed and turned back to Verlaine. "Turn him over to your medics. And tell your security people to keep a close eye on him until he recovers. Any information we can convince him to share with us should be helpful." She was irked by Verlaine's comment regarding their 'fallen comrades' but kept her frustration out of her voice.

Ushgarak
The relevant people carry the man away.

"I wish I could guarantee that this sort of thing won't happen again, but since Faylar's men took K'rra Chi it has become impossible to guarantee the security of our borders."

A great deal of armed people are now turning up and you are reminded that Damagran is a highly industrialised and well-armed planet. Hover tanks glide slowly and menacingly nearby; a little too late to help their leader, and so thankful for your intervention.

"Anyway," says Verlaine. "Welcome, Master Gundark, to Damagran. I greet you in the name of the Republic and our loyalty to it, and I would like to say just how grateful I am that the Council has seen fit to send your forces here."

LanceWindu
"Is there a place for us to get cleaned up before we start talking? I'm afraid that little confrontation has gotten me sweaty and in need of rest", Lance says.

Ushgarak
"But of course," says Verlaine. "We have several suites ready for all of you."

LanceWindu
"We do not need luxeries, but suites will do fine."

Gundark
Gundark met Verlaine's eyes. "I'd like to speak with you now if you don't mind."

Ushgarak
"Yes, of course..." says Verlaine.

You can talk as you walk through the city streets with a strong escort. This is every inch a city at war; with rationing (not helped by the blockade), bomb shelters and curfew laws.

Gundark
"First of all, can you tell me the current situation regarding Faylar ?"

Ushgarak
"Despite what you have found out about him, he is stronger than ever, militarily and politically. His combination of pro-Damagran patriotism and anti-alien rhetoric has made him absurdly popular. Only my predecessor, Derin, could make any form of decent political opposition, and even he had lost by the time the agents of this 'Kuylen' person blew him up.

"This popularity is what won him his vote on seperation. But it is all based on falsehood! Faylar has played a dangerous game and assumed too much of the people. They like what he says, but now they find themselves almost at war with the Republic, absolutely at war with each other and their planet blockaded and with large shortages; the whole Confederacy tearing itself apart and rumours of this alliance with Dark Jedi that Faylar had. This isn't the future that Faylar promised. I am sure that if we can shake off his military hold his popularity will wane once people see what he has done... well, I can only hope.

"But whole he occupies our second largest city his position is untouchable. His beachhead attack occured even as the final vote on independance was being taken; it took us by surprise. He took K'rra Chi, but in a large battle afterwards we drove him back. He's holed up in that city now, under siege. It's a complete stalemate for both sides; our whole region is paralyzed while he holds that city but he can neither leave it nor advance onwards. This war could drag on for years... unless the Repuiblic intervenes," he adds, hopefully.

"The thing that concerns us most... almost ALL our intellignece tells us that Faylar is preparing a fresh assault to relive his position and attack our capital directly. We have found evidence of plans, dropships, attack vehicles... everything he would need for such an invasion. But he hasn't the men! He cannot land more forces on this continent and only has enough at K'rra Chi to hold the city! We cannot work out WHY he would plan an invasion he has no men for.

"The only thing we could think of was Faylar's money. As you know, with all the gold mining from Avalar he has become a very rich man. So we wondered if he was buying foreign mercenaries. But with the blockade in place, he ccannot get any through! It is a total mystery."

Gundark
"I assume K'rra Chi is well guarded," Gundark said, almost to herself. "Your intelligence sources...do they make mention of the possible whereabouts of the Dark Jedi ?"

Ushgarak
"Yes, K'rra Chi is all but impregnable right now," says Verlaine. "As for your Dark Jedi... I am afraid we know nothing about that. We don't have the ability to monitor the space lanes any more since the blockade started.

"Certainly we have had no sighting of them INSIDE the city. I would be surprisaed if they can find a way in with no help."

Gundark
Gundark's mind was racing. "The invasion could be a ruse. If Faylar doesn't have the manpower to mount another attack, the reports could have been planted to create a diversion."

Ushgarak
"They COULD be," condedes Verlaine. "I'd rather hope my intelligence people would spot that if it were true but in the end we have to admit that we are not at all sure what Faylar has planned.

"But what of you, Venerable Master? What are YOUR plans?"

LanceWindu
Lance listen's intently while walking behind the two.

Ushgarak
(Not the brash type suggesting your own ideas then, Lance? The TPM Obi-Wan would be yapping away by now...)

Anyway, while Gundy and Verlaine talk, Master Kiel beckons you tyo hang further back so the two of you can chat, Lance.

LanceWindu
(My character is not that well with politics.)

Lance walks a little slower so Master Keil can catch up to him. Lance watches the other Jedi walking slightly away from them.

"Yes Master?"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>