The gamecube isn't kiddie!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
mad I can't stand hearing people say that the Gamecube is kiddie! I don't find ANYTHING about Resident Evil or 007 kiddie! Do you?!?!? I mean, c'mon, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes isn't kiddie! Blow someone's head in and blood splatters all OVER the area the guy was in!!!!! I just HATE it when people say that the GCN is kiddie!!!! JEEZ!!!! What do you people think about this?!?!?!

Skorn254
Those are just a few games there are very few good games for gamecube.Most of the not good ones are Happy Dance kiddy. Happy Dance

WindDancer
It is meant for kiddies. Big kids play with PS2, and bigger kids play with the Xbox.

LordRevan
i think it is a family game system.PS2 and XBOX is for a of groupe friends or for alone

Linkalicious
TOTALLY A KIDDIE CONSOLE!

chops
some games are kiddie some are not i have a game cube and 2 ps2s so im not worried

Red Superfly
Gamecube isn't kiddie - *points to Resident Evil series, Eternal Darkness, the NEW Zelda game, MGS: Twin Snakes*

I'd say the PS2 is more kiddy - you always see kids going on about GTA and other (im)mature games with tons of blood and overkill.

That's just my opinion, but from where I stand, more people I know of my age (20) own Gamecubes, whereas my youngest bro's friends (12) all have their PS2s and GTAs cos "dey is wicked".

Flying Orange
The GCN is not a 'kiddy' system. Sure, it has a good amount of games for kids, but it also has quite a good amount of games for "big kids." And anyone that thinks Super Smash Bros. Melee is kiddy can go choke on feces, because there is nothing wrong with Mario and the other characters native to Nintendo consules. Metroid is not kiddie. Geez, get over yourselves.

ABE LINCOLN
Systems have different games, and for the most part, Nintendo's games have always been sort of "kiddy", but so what? Each of the consoles out now have their fair share of kiddy games, and simply because Nintendo has the most kiddy games doesn't mean it's a kiddy system.

...though I do see where people are coming from, and WD's explanation I agree with.

B1G SL1CK
I have a GC. All I have to say is that Nintendo made it to be a family console. Sure it has some kiddie games but it also has some of the best exclusive games. (SSBM rulz!). What makes it kiddie are the small disks (which look like they were made for little kid hands), and some of the games.

eek! eek! eek! <<< best smilie ever!

Sith Master X
I'm so with you there. I own a gamecube and it's by no means kiddie at all like you've said. GC has it's vast majority of older aged games, yet they offer a great variety of games for the younger as well, but that does not make it kiddie.

I do believe X-Box has a SpongeBob squarepants game. That's not kiddie?

SMX
cool

Linkalicious
I have game cube and I'll admit that it's a child's system.

And you guys that are feltching on SSBM's ass need to back off. That game is NOTHING spectacular. Graphics are on par with normal Smash Brother's, game play is decent, the game is short as hell, and the challenge is minimal unless you have friends over. But if i have friends over, we're playing games like Halo, Fifa 2004, or Madden 2004.

Compare their Final Fantasy (Crystal Cronicles) to other Final Fantasy games found on PS2 and you'll see that it is indeed a kiddie game.

That being said Zelda and Mario are both kid games....but they also happen to be some of the best games ever created. Just because a game or system is "kiddie" doesn't mean that it's not fun. So stop saying "kiddie" like it's a bad thing. We were all kids once....and some still are.

Jedi Shmedi
Well, cosidering Resident Evil 4 is coming to the Gamecube (as a console exsclusive thank god), It will probably be one of the most gory games to be released on the Cube yet.

So NO the Gamecube is not kiddie in the least.

SpikeSpiegel
I agree with Linkalicious. It is kiddie, just not in a bad way.

shangheid
i have a gc i think some games arefor kiddies and some are for older kids DONT DISS SPONGE BOB he is awsome! even if it is for lil kids!but n e ways gc is more not kiddies on my part

Red Superfly
Despite the fact the likes of Zelda, and Mario, and Smash Brothers are all brilliant and truly awesome and all, they are seen as kiddy merely for the fact that they are cartoony.

We see quality games, the modern moron sees a kids game.

Those that are young at heart still enjoy cartoons, they are a form of medium that, contrary to popular belief, are as adult as they come sometimes.

Despite the fact live action is seen as "adult" - there are a load of juvenile live action TV shows and games out there. It's merely a trend in western society to class cartoons as fantasy, which they are. The fact that they are fantastical means it relates to a time when we believed in such things, when we were kids. Our society is constantly telling us to "grow up" and do something sh*t like accounting or something. Cartoons ARE kiddy, by definition, even though that is far from the truth, it's just that people are monumentally stupid and ignorant.

Despite our lovey-dovey, PC filled world of nonsense and being "open" about going against traditions of our culture, we are a bunch of hypocrits. We are still racist, prejudiced, sexist, and we still think cartoons are for kids.

WindDancer
Come on! Originaly the GameCube was for younger kids. Nintendo started to notice that they were heading for a downfall due to the poor sales. They couldn't compete with The PS and Xbox titles since the younger kids wanted to play games like Halo and FF. So they decided to start making more agressive games. Game Cube started as kiddie console, and now is trying to make more rated M games.

btw-is cool to have a former USA president agreeing with me. stick out tongue

shangheid
i agree with that!

LordRevan
i gotta say agree with you too that was a good point.

Sith Master X
I had no intentions to diss SpongeBob, he is awesome like you've said. There is much adult humor in that cartoon, quite humerous as well. All I meant to say by that is SpondeBob is more of a kids visionary concept than adults. That doesn't mean older people can't like it either. I do.

Link made a superb point, all of us were once kids and still are somewhat. So kiddie games are not bad, but somehow it all gets directed to GC when indeed other platforms sell it as well.

SMX
cool

P.S I own Zelda, and don't be fooled by it's cartoonish image, that game is for all ages. You can believe it's a kids game, I respect that, just don't be fooled by it's image. smile

shangheid
lol ok good and zelda owns!!

sith_darth_jay
big grin draco is and will always be the eternal defender of the GC.

of course NINTENDO is kiddie, it's always been. it's the only company that knew how to take advantage of lil' kids (AKA Us older players).
what could we possibly expect out of a 8 bit console? nothing more than cartoonish-like games. nintendo didn't evolved from that concept until the GC came out (we all know the train wrecked that N64 was, they tried to save it in the end, but there was nothing they could do).

nintendo is trying to shake off the kiddie stigma they have, but i think they shouldn't. i had just as much fun playing DKC (in the SNes, not N64) as i did playing GTA, gore doesn't exactly warranties success.

it's great that good mature games are coming out for the GC, but overall, nintedo is and will always be kiddie(bloodsucking) oriented company

Primitive Screwhead #1
Actually, there's a pretty substantial following of us that have stuck with Nintendo based on the game experiences originally provided back on the NES in the early 90's. I'm 32 and damn proud to have a Gamecube alongside my Xbox, and I have owned an NES, SNES and N64 as well.

While Nintendo has made no hidden agenda in terms of being a company tailored to the younger audience, they have realized that the demographic that they attended to back in the early 90's has obviously gotten much older, and have attempted to update their image to ensure they keep that 18-35 age group still interested in their products. You only need look to Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 to see evidence of that.

The Force
although i don't think it's kiddie, gamecube doe need better games

SaTsuJiN
lol.. no gamer I know calls the gamecube kiddie.. so thats quite odd for me to hear. Around here we consider a gaming system a gaming system. They all got thier good and bad games, so kudos to whomever wins the big console wars.

shangheid
i agree lol

Rabid_Wolverine
game cube sux.

i'd rather play my old nintendo from when i was 5

dave123
too true yes i'm a big kid big grin

Flying Orange
I'm a big kid, who has his kiddy moments big grin

dave123
GC sux sad it is mainly for kids

Flying Orange
Operative word being mainly, not always stick out tongue

dave123
well i won't buy a console for 2 manly games eek!

Flying Orange
I bought it for a good 10-15+, so that's worth it smile

Super Smash Bros Melee, awesome game. I don't care if it's Mario, Mario is awesome, and so are the characters in there, minus the Ice Climbers and the Pokemon stick out tongue

dave123
pokemon's still cool embarrasment

Flying Orange
Oh, but it's kiddy! I thought you were a big kid! roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
i am a big kid big grin

but i like pokemon embarrasment

Flying Orange
I'm a big kid who plays with the big kid toys, then goes upstairs and locks the door to play the kiddy toys stick out tongue

Ah, sweet memories embarrasment

dave123
to be honest, i don't mind if a game is "kiddie"

like... if gameplay is good, i don't care about blood, guts and swearing

Flying Orange
Thank you, someone else realizes this fact!

dave123
however.... i feel a game is better to play if heads are getting split open and the main character swear if something is better yes

but i can live without it smile

Flying Orange
Oy vey roll eyes (sarcastic)

((The_Anomaly))
its a well rounded system, Nintendo decided to make a system that would be appealing to both kids and adults, for adults they got games like Zelda, Metroid Prime, MG Solid, Resident Evil (all of them), Need for speed underground, stuff like that. for kids they got things like pokemon, spongebob, and all of that, then there is games that everyone will play just cause, like Mario, Zelda.....GC is the most well rounded system, if i was a parent who had kids of different ages, id get a GC cause it would fit everyones needs......its not a "kiddie system" at all, people just cant see past somethings.......

((The_Anomaly))
PS- I own a GC if ya couldent tell

I am a Sock
I have a GC and I don't think it's "kiddie." Some games might be gear for a younger audiance, but the range of games is greater. It seems like most X-Box games are rated T or M. Games for GC are rated E, but they can be played by anyone.

sup3r_m4rio
As a HARD CORE mario fan, I haves to say that GAMECUBE kicks teh ASS.

BlackHatDefect
Ok...like...75%of gamcube games are...childish..and compared to ps2/Xbox,its VERy kiddie...i like it though

SaTsuJiN
I fail to see how you can call the gamecube kiddie... I mean what the hell do you people do all day? bathe in blood and manic depression? you guys seem to think anything less than a serial killers soap opera is a total waste...Its nice to play a colorful squishy game every now and then (it breaks up the monotony), not to mention you're probably missing out on a few sleeper hits.

I am a Sock
^I agree w/ya. There's no need for a game to lots of blood. Some of the best games (LoZ:OoT, FF7) have little violence, at least nothing bloody.

I would have never of guessed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

speiderman
Gamecube is not kiddy. It has sports games like the Madden series which is my favorite. The Medal of honor games cane out on cube. There is a lot of good improvements lately with Nintendo.

Puppetmaster
Does it really matter if people call it kiddie? If you like it and get maximum enjoyment out of it, then whats the problem?

I have a Gamecube, i've also had a PS". A games console is a games console. It's not like your comparing a Porsche to a Moped!!

If you like it, then screw what anyone else says!

SaTsuJiN
well.. O_o its a discussion. Wheres the discussion if we call it quits right away? o_O

shangheid
lol i have a game cube and a xbox,yes game cube seems for yunger children but that doesnt meen u cant enjoy it...

'Vegeta'
the onley good game is Twin snakes witch is a remake of the first one wich originally came out for ps, that is their only good game otherwise it is for kiddies

shangheid
^ not rly they have alot of good games other than that 1

Black_magic89
ok... i'm just going to straighten one thing VERY clearly.
PS2 and Xbox are good consoles, no arguement there.

but the gamecube is, by far, NOT a kids console.

-resident evil gameS (self- explanitory. the newest versions are only for nintendo.)

-eternal darkness (sanity effects...BATHTUB SCENE the darkness is only for nintendo gamecube. and don't comment until AFTER u examine the tub)

-metal gear solid (remade with better graphics and an M rating)

-P.N. 03 (Venessa's model is NOT for kiddies, the hot heroine is only for nintendo)

-The Legend of Zelda GCN (they went from cartoony to realistic. the darker, edgier game is only for nintendo)

-WrestleMania games (only for gamecube...fighting, punching and wrestling? not kiddie, the fights to the finish are only for nintendo)

-Metroid prime and metroid prime 2 (atmosphere is not designed for people under 15. said by worker in retro sudios in an article on the net, the eerie exploration game is only for nintendo)

-Baten Kaitos (an RPG, and even though it's not rated mature it doesn't mean it's kiddy, cause otherwise i could call final fantasy kiddie and there's nothing u can do about it. the original card based strategy is only for nintendo)

-Geist (in one of the E3 shows, it was playable behind closed doors and u had to have ID PROVING that u were at least 16 years old. the flesh filling shooter is only for nintendo)

-Killer 7 (blood, violence, murder, M for mature, the killings are only for nintendo.)

and i could go on and on and on.... just ask.

Forcizzle
no that's a matter of opinion

badsymbiote
I think there's always room for another console. I can't imagine limiting myself to just one. Nintendo is a true pioneer, and any product they make is a-ok by me. You can drop-kick the mothers, and they still work. Never had a problem with any of mine, and it's nice to mix it up a little. I still play my original NES--I keep it in my bedroom with an N64. And I still play them both.

WindDancer
The controller has nice colorful buttons! Maybe it isn't so kiddie after all stick out tongue

http://shop.himeya.com/products/gamecube/controller/controller.jpg

DracotheDragon
Like i said, it's not kiddie. People who have a GCN find that, yeah, it has it's kiddie games (so does PS2 and Xbox), but it has a lot of games that appeal to older people. And I read in a gaming mag that Lesiure Suit Larry is coming to the GCN, and it's rated AO (Adults Only), plus LSL is a gamecube exclusive. It's basically a sex simulation game. Try that for kiddie.

Linkalicious
kiddie system!

Forcizzle
but how is it a kiddie SYSTEM? hmmm?

Black_magic89
that's just the point of all this, everyione who says it's only kiddie is either a fanboy, or an idiot, and they just say kiddie, with no reason to back it up....because they don't have any.

and just to backfire ur stupid comments to ur faces, i was watching x-play, a show that reviews released and upcoming games, and they talked about a game on ps2.

a game where u play as a penguin and ur best friend is a picknick basket and u golf in ur backyard with ur special ball shaped animals that sounds like a 2 year old baby girl.
so seriously, shut up.
because even YOU know that every other console has kids games, so don't put ONLY the gamecube in that cateogory.

oh and btw, if u don't believe me about the game, check the x-play website,the game's coming august 2004.

Black_magic89

Black_magic89
oh i'm sorry,... and the xbox ONLY has red yellow green blue black and white..... oh yeah... no colours whatsoever.....

and even though, the ps2 controller looks so dull, it's gross.
at least gamecube and xbox have some variety of colour in them.

sorry if every game in the world doesn't have someone's head getting decapitated cause that seems to be the only thing that'll impress u.

BackFire
The system has Resident Evil games and metroid games. It is not a kiddie system.

WindDancer
Oh yeah, the Gamecube also comes in black. Great variety! roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.smash99.com/images/cubemachine.jpg

All games should have decapitations! Heck, even if a game like Mario had all those turtles and little guys getting beheaded it would be a cool game! The more bloodshed in any video game the better! stick out tongue thumb up

As for your comment on X-play giving great reviews....laughing
X-play was way better before Morgan arrive! Adam acts like a total clown and hardly gives any good reviews!

Black_magic89
alright, let's look at what u said.
first of all, what u said proves u are a total jackass because i NEVER said x-play gave good reviews, let alone great, so don't start putting words in my mouth. and second, the game isn't even out yet, all they did was tell u what the characters were, so it's not a review, because anyone could just tell you what's on the screen.

oh and about the black gamecube control, there's still blue, yellow, green, and grey on it, moron.
plus, the gamecube comes in more than one colour... so that IS a variety of colours, so yes, it IS a great variety. oh and wait a minute...
u were just complaining about the gamecube being too colourful... well here's the jet black style for u. dimwit.

and if all u like is decapitations, in games like MARIO, then u're completely biased, and completely sick.

and looking for stupid excuses like the ones u just used gets u nowhere because each is just about lower than garbage. and half of it is a lie.

BackFire
Who cares what colors the system or controllers come in? The only thing that matters to anyone with a brain is whether or not the games are good. The fact is, GC has some of the most respected games out of any of the major systems.

Also, since when does any game that isn't about violence and killing automatically become a "kiddie game". I don't consider Mario, or Zelda kiddie games, they're more challenging and generally better games then some of the "adult" games on the other systems.

WindDancer
Is quite obvious you take things too seriously when it comes to precious Gamecube! Whoah! You even said that people who call the Gamecube kiddie are either fanboys or idiots. I wonder what does that make you?
So I'm very biased because I like bloody games, and I'm also sick? FYI one of my favorite games of all time is Sonic! Don't be so quick to judge.

When I made that earlier post with the purple controller I was only teasing. Not once was my intention to offend gamecube owners, but is quite obvious you felt offended (Big deal!)

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was just simply stating the fact that X-play has become a ridicoulous video game show.

Black_magic89
alright, let's look again,

first, YOU don't be too quick to judge because i have all 3 systems with a good amount of games on each. so i wouldn't be a fanboy, and plus, i precisely said that xbox and ps2 were great consoles with no arguement.

second, when i said fanboys or idiots i was quoting somebody else, however i didn't put in the quotes so that was a misunderstanding.

three, i was never offended by the fact that u put the indigo controller and commented on it, (i got the hint of sarcasm when u wrote it)
what i was trying to point out was that xbox also had colours so why didn't u include that? THAT'S what i meant

you never told me sonic was ur favourite game character so, since i don't have esp, i couldn't tell.

and lastly, about x-play being a ridiculous videogame show,
no arguements there, not ANY... because, sadly, it's true.

sith_darth_jay
huh wow, so much problem because a controller's color

let's all buy different controllers and look at then instead of buying games big grin

SlipknoT
If you compare all of the Gamecube games to all of the Ps2, and X-box games, you'd notice that Gamecube has about 80% more kiddie games than X-box or Ps2. Gamecube is a kiddie system, but that isnt nessecerily a bad think. I personally hate the gamecube but I know alot of people who do like it, so it dosent really matter if Gamecube is kidde as long as you like it.

shadow link
There are plenty of "non babyish games" on the Gamecube, games that have excessive amounts of MA rated violence and blood they just arn't publicised enough and stuff, really it's all because of the poor marketing

SaTsuJiN
lol @ some of you calling it kiddie.. you're probably 13 years old or something talking to people about whats childish and whats not. appreciate all mediums of entertainment and quit bashing something just cuz you dont like it, its the 'mature' thing to do

Robo-Chocobo
anyone notice some of the best games of all time are "kiddie" as you seem to think, on the "kidie" system? I mean, come on Ive played mario all my life, I grew up with him. I just dont see what kiddie has to do with anything, as long as a game is good I couldnt give a S*** as to what im playing on, (i mean the orignal famicom in japan was white and red..seriously)

and who ever said way back in the begining of this thread that nintendo realised all the kids wanted to play halo...isnt that a little stupid sounding. I mean, halo is for ADults and teens. i would never let anyone undet the age of 14(thats my limit despite the G**** danged esrb who say its 18)

does kiddie equal sucky?

I have all 3 consoles. I have gta, jak 1&2 and the great games for the system, I have x-box and I love halo to death, its like an adopted child in my nintendo household, I have a gamecube(with the most games for that system.) some of my fav games are "kiddie", i have sailed the oceans with link, done butt stomping with mario, scared my self with resident evil, and created a town in animal crossing, aved talon 4 with samus, Posed Viewtiful with joe, and then some. just because some thing kiddie does it mean you must stereo type it and be ignorant, deny yourself the fun a game just because everyone else belives a opinion that they never developed on a sound basis?

Robo-Chocobo
the last line is because people never truly sit down with thesystem and play it, find what you like, find what you dont, then opinion, instead of all these haters out there,,., you know who u are

Linkalicious
but by the same token, anyone who's going to go out of their way to defend the status of "kiddie" or "not" for a video game is just as much a fan boy.

Who cares if it is or isn't. I'll say this...of the big 3. it is by far the most kiddie. It's still a very adult system, but as a Gamecube owner, even i'll admit it's the most child-like.

ScarFace Clone
Hey Black Magic no offence but you are the moron because PS2 the system comes in black whit red and blue and game cube come in two colers One of witch is Purple witch is very kiddy!

ScarFace Clone
or go to google images and type in Red ps2 or blue pse and watch what comes up. you might be suprised!

Ironman 66
i like gamecube they make really good rpg games

Blue Dragon
A lot of games on the GC are made for young gamers which can be annoying...but some aren't. I do like my Sonic, Mario, Zelda (especially), SSBM etc but then you've got others...

So I can't vote for either one of those options... erm

Yes it is sometimes but isn't sometimes, SSBM is a 11+ for a start!

Zen2nd
Maybe if they didn't make the console square and purple. What were they thinking?

Blue Dragon
Square's OK but not purple, black's OK but if it was very dark purple then I wouldn't have mind. I have the black one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.