Steve Buscemi as The Joker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slinger
Recent rumors have popped up saying that Steve Buscemi might play The Joker in Batman 2. When I heard that Christian Bale would play Batman, I was excited, I was rooting for him the whole time. Christian Bale is to Batman as Steve Buscemi is to The Joker. I think he's perfect. What do you guys (and girls) think?

Red Superfly
Steve Buscemi sounds great. I loved him in Reservoir Dogs and Con Air.

He'd make a good Cletus Kassady (Carnage) too.

It's gonna take something monumental to top Nicholsons effort, but I think The Joker should be thinner and more haggard looking anyway.

If only Mark Hamill was younger: BEST JOKER EVER!

Drifter101
so steve busecemi is to play the younger Jack

Darth_Nefarus
steve buscemi would not only rock as the joker, but he would rival nicholson's portrayal

wuTa
buscemi would make a good joker but i think he would make a better scarecrow but he could definetly give nicholson a run for his money for best joker

Hostile
http://www.biblio.unimib.it/intra/images/joker.gif

http://www.cinephilia.gr/indie/buscemi1.jpg

Worst. Idea. Ever.

SSisac0ck
If it is Jack Napier when he was younger then fine, but please not as the Joker....don't try and even bother to compete with Jack's Joker...the best villian ever.

moonwalker741
y would they make him the joker in ' Begins ', its a prequel, he would ONLY hav to be jack napier when hes younger, he turns into joker in part 1

Gregory
Jack was not an especially great Joker, and Batman Begins isn't a prequal, it's unrelated to the other movies.

Hostile
Well in a sense it's a prequel to the others, in that it preceeds them, although it may interpret events differently.

Anyone know anything about Batman's opponent? He sounds pretty obscure to me.

Gregory
He's an eco-terrorist who wants Batman to marry his daughter. That's basically all I know, but you can find a little more information here

Reborn Again
Hubba hubba hubba, who do you trust? Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. Or the Batman? Where is he? He's home, washing his tights! **laughs hysterically**

Jack Nichelson can not be replaced as the Joker. No way!

Gregory
Oh, please. I couldn't begin to count the actors who are eminently capable of portraying lunatics. Since the Joker is basically portrayed as a one-dimensional character, it's not even very impressive, since the only emotion an actor would have to be good at is hysteria.

vvvrulz
I dont like the idea much. Buscemi is a good actor no doubt, but i dont see how he would gel when playing the joker's role. But then again i dont see too many candidates out there anyway.. Jim Carrey might not have been a bad shot, unfortunately he already did the riddler, and quite well. I just hope they dont hopelessly miscast (Schwarzenegger for Mr.Freeze anyone?)

*shudders*

CConn882
I voted yes. I'm sure there's actors out there that look more like the Joker (and are younger), but Buscemi is such a great indie actor...you couldn't go wrong with casting him for anything in a movie.

Mr Zero
I was watching dogma last night and was struck by how much I'd like to see Jason Lee take a crack at the joker...

Jason lee Folks - clicky!

Anything to get the stench of Nicolsons abortion out of my head...

Darth Jello
first choice: Mark Hamill
second choice: Jason Lee

no one else should even attempt the role.

Joker1237
I like Buscemi in Con air, He could pull off a great Joker IMO. I mean he was a great serial killer in the movie, and He seem insane in the movie, I like him.

Woody Woods
lets me throw this side kick to the Joker.

ANDY DICK...

....some one post a pic of this ditry bastard.

please.

bookmenrock
Buscemi would probably do a good job, but for a truly scary Joker, they need to sign Crispin Glover.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.