USH'S GAME EPISODE II- 'REVENGE'. Dark Side Area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

queeq
Quam looks around the humid jungle. He left his robes on his shuttle and is now wearing a black tunic without sleeves. His grey skinned arms are lean but very muscular. There's an band on his right arm with some small electronic devices on it. His tommy blaster is on his side, a contraption for long range and heavier fire power is strapped on his back. The rest seems to be normal.

He looks up at the sky. Little of it can be seen through the dense foilage.
"What a crappy place this is. Thank you, Kuylen", Quam murmels. He then turns to the scruffy looking former Jedi.
"You better stay close, young yerssot. Once mistake and you die. Now watch and learn."

He takes out a small detec scanner from his utility belt and begins to move towards K'rra Chi.

yerssot
"Sure thing"
Yerssot rolls his eyes...
"Why don't you show me the way, ow great leader?"
He is amused by Quam

queeq
Quam notices Yerssot's display of scorn and makes a mental note on his apprentice's progress.
"Better watch yourself, these jungles have strange inhabitants."

yerssot
"Perhaps I can defend me better if I had my lightsabre back ... master"
Yerssot smiles

Captain REX
Gald walks behind Yerssot, aiming his multi-purpose rifle at his back. "Watch it, Jedi, or you'll have a few holes in your back!"

Gald's lightsabers are dangling from his belt, along with a few thermal detonators, a pistol, and his disruptor pistol. He had given an extra pistol to Rura Ta, who is now walking beside him. Gald is wearing a black shirt, a brown leather jacket, a belt with a few holsters, grey pants, and black boots.

Rura Ta walks alongside him. He is holding his pistol lightly. During the few days that they were on the corvet he proved to be more of a Fallen Jedi than a Corsair. He is armed with the extra pistol that Gald gave him, a lightsaber, and a Kyberdart launcher. He wears a dark blue cloak over a black tunic.

Gald then speaks up again. "How long till we reach K'rra Chi, Quam?"

Edna Witch
Edna raises an eyebrow at quam as he plays with his jedi. This was no time for fun and games. The jedi looked weak and feeble to her and she had wanted Quam to leave him here in the forest to die. He will only slow us down. What was Quam trying to prove?

Edna eyed the scanner in quams hand and smiled. She started to keep her distance from the others but close enough to still be with the group. She prefered not to be distracted by their clumsey noises. Her acute hearing and Jedi sense were the sensors she prefered to use.

Captain REX
Gald notices her straggling behind. "Why don't you tell me, m'lady?"

Edna Witch
"As long as it takes!" Edna retorts and gives him a smile meaning she had no idea. "patience is a virtue in some."

Captain REX
"Yeah, whatever..." he turns his attention back to Yerssot and the jungle. The huge, rubbery-looking trees surround them and snakes, lizards, and other animals slither, crawl, and climb among them. Gald sees a spotlight sloth from Dagobah swing slowly through the trees, but it quickly disappears among the trees.

Strange bluish-red fruits hang from the trees and are divoured by large, gold-colored frogs with yellow stripes and long, bright red, sticky tongues. On the ground, weeds and bushes choke the ground, which is covered in reddish-brown, sloppy mud. Moss covers the rocks along with Rockhopping lizards, which have thorns along their spines and are scaly, muddy, and blue.

"This is sure teeming with life, isn't it Gald?" Rura Ta says when he notices Gald watching the animals and trees. "Yep, it sure is." A rather large lizard called a tiger lizard sneaks up behind the group, but Gald stuns it. It's large, orange and black body drops, but it's not dead unless the stun was too big.

Ushgarak
Quam, your scanners pick up something

There are scores of detection devices around over the coming miles to the city. Probably dropped by air over the jungle to try and track incoming loyallist forces who might want to attack K'rra Chi. Picking a way through could be difficult.

Edna, your force sense is picking up some vague danger. Like... someone is searching you out. Difficult to pin down.

yerssot
Yerssot turns around...
"Are you afraid of me? Are you afraid of this world that you keep watching me?
Or... don't you trust master Quam? Do you fear he is more powerfull then you?"
He laughs...

Captain REX
"Scared of you?" says Gald. He is annoyed by the Jedi's arrogance. "I'm not scared of you! I have more weapons and power than you'll ever have!"

yerssot
"Considering that I don't have any weapons at the time... you are correct... impressive remark of you"
Yerssot smiles...
A very foolish Dark Jedi, he can't control himself, this will be his undoing

Edna Witch
"Please! Would you keep your damn voices down! Unless you want to get all our heads blown off of course!

"Quam there is someone searching for us. They know we are in this area. You getting anything?"

queeq
"I know". Quam is focused on his surroundings. "We may have a slight problem approaching the city without being noticed. Sensors... a lot."

Quam turns to yerssot and whispers to him. "Shut your trap and be wary."
After that he looks at Edna. "Looks like you're the only sensible one left.", he says calmly with a low voice. "We must be catious. Now", he points towards the trees in front of them as far as they can see, "K'rra Chi is over there, but it looks like detection all over the place. That way", he explains, "is water. I think we should try that. Going under water from time to time, may get us there unnoticed. Unless you prefer to barge in."

yerssot
Yerssot looked at Gald...
"If you don't want to loose tubby here, the water would be the best choice"
He whispered

queeq
Quam send the former Jedi a vile glance. Yerssot felt that slight squeeze on his throat again.

yerssot
"Are we done treatning? Perhaps we can start moving then, it MAY come as a shock to some *he glances at Gald* but we have a mission to do"

Ushgarak
From what you know, K'rra Chi is a port; it was an amphibious landing that captured it. A nearby river probably runs all the way to the city. Going under water may well be a good way to fool the detectors in the jungle.

However the point where the river joins the city willl be more guarded; if you follow the river you will have to decide when to STOP following it, lest you wander straight into a security zone.

Edna Witch
"Yeah I can do water. No probs. What we waiting for? Move your asses! We wanna try and make it down the river by nightfall. The we can approach the city once it is dark. Probably our safest bet!"

Edna Treks off in the direction of the river, her senses still fully alert.

Captain REX
"I know we have a mission, young Jedi. That's why I'm here and ready." He switches his rifle to pulse cannon. "Now let's stop bickering and get a move on!"

They march through the trees for sometime, being quieter and trying to be more stealthy. "They know we're here on Damagran, but they don't know where, yet, do they?" Gald asks Quam. As he finishes his question, they reach the water. The Kaminoan leaps in and swims a few laps. "It's good being in the water again!" says Rura. "Shut your mouth Rura!" says Gald as he wades into the water.

queeq
"Do you HAVE to be so noisy", Quam said calmly. "I doubt they KNOW we're here, but with you shouting like that they might very well do by now."
When tehy arrive at the river, Quam takes out his breathing apparatus from his utilliy belt. "Down we go."he said with a smile and submerged without making a sound.

Edna Witch
Edna glares at Rura then turns to Gald and says "If you can't keep your friend under control, would you kindly shoot him now and put us all out of our misery!" Edna doesn't wait for his retort and instead puts on her breathing apparatus and follows quam into the water. Once fully submerged she looks at quam and gives him the thumbs up.

yerssot
Yerssot takes his AA9-Aqua breather,
he smiles at Gald and puts a finger on his mouth...

After that he wades into the water, making almost no sound...

Ushgarak
Ok, even for Jedi like yourselves, 50 miles is a LONG way to swim at once- and it is probably longer than that as the river is not staight.

As Chion sloshes noisily into the water, I'll need a decision about how far you are going to try and go, balancing progress with exhaustion.

Captain REX
Gald puts on his breathing apparatus as Rura dives into the water and swims away silently. Chion smiles at him, like always. Gald has evil thoughts of death for the Jedi. Maybe I could stun him with the rifle, then choke him...no, it'd be too slow...

He then dives in himself. The brackish green water flows around him silently, with few fish swimming by. He then begins to swim.

Ushgarak
I guess Rex is letting others do the deciding...

Edna Witch
Once everyone is in the water, Edna motions for everyone to come above the surface for a moment so she can speak to them.

"OK this is going to be an exhausting journey and it could take us several days, that is unless any of you have inbuilt motor engines in your boots that you neglected to tell me about... No I didn't think so. Ok I suggest we get as far as we can today before shear exhaustion. This I estimate at about 15 miles. By which time it will be dusk and will be becoming difficult to see. At which point we leave the water, find ourselves some braches or something to float an for the night and we can sleep on the river taking turns at look out. We then continue swimming in the morning. All agreed?" Edna looks around at the determined faces around her. None of them seemed to have any better ideas. "Ok then lets go. And no straggling!"

Edna ducks under the water and starts iff downstream.

Captain REX
"Got it." Gald dives underwater.

They swim for almost an hour when they reach the 15 mile mark, which they know to be "I'm tired of swimming." The sun is setting low and the sky looks to be on fire. "Oi, that was a long swim," says Gald as he flops down on the ground. He quickly gets back up and moves off the muddy ground to sleep on the grass. Then he notices a shack, hidden among the trees. It looks abandoned, old, made of wood. Then he sees the boat sitting in front. "Hey, you guys look! There's a boat over there! Should we steal it?" he asks in a whisper.

queeq
"Don't touch it", Quam said, "it might be a trap".

He looks around looking for anything suspicious. "Maybe we should use the other shore for moving to K'rra Chi."

Captain REX
"I wouldn't say a trap. It looks deserted. And I don't see any sensors..." he begins to take a few steps toward the boat.

Ushgarak
Ok, there is absolutely NO WAY you can swim 15 miles in one hour! If I assume that, as Jedi, you have the same capacity as trained and professional long distance swimmers I can give you a generous three hours for it, as it is not a difficult swim.

A fifteen-mile swim would leave you guys EXTREMELY tired! You will most certainly have to rest now and then it will be nightfall

While the boat does not seem to be trapped per se, you can't help feeling uneasy about it.

Captain REX
Gald inspects the boat, which is in fine condition except for it's low on energy. Then he hits the hay and falls asleep instantly.

Edna Witch
After having a brief rest, Edna hastens to add to people that using this boat would completely defeat the purpose of taking the river route in the first place. Gliding down the river in a big boat, in full view of anyone who may be looking for them would surely be the quickest way to get themselves killed.

"I vote we carry on with the original plan" says Edna whilst picking up a large piece of driftwood to have a floating sleep on. She looks at Gald. "You may take your suicidal boat mission if you wish but I would prefer it if you didn't draw any more attention to me than necessary thank you! If we are going to survive this mission, we will take no shortcuts! You got that?" Edna wades into the water with her driftwood. "I'll take first watch. Are you with me or not?"

Captain REX
(Geez, everyone is so mean!)

"Whatever. I'll stick with the original plan, since it seems that *looks at Edna and Quam* people have brought to my attention that it would be suicide. It'd also be suicide to carry the idiotic Jedi, but that's just my opinion, because the Jedi will be hunting for him as well as us."

Gald throws a glare at everyone and gets on a large piece of driftwood. He lays down and waits for orders. "Well, what do I do now?"

queeq
"Keep your head up", Quam sneered.

"You're sure you want to swim all the way?" Quam turned to Edna. "The last time a woman took charge of a mission, we nearly got blown to bits." His words were dripping with sarcasm. "I don't like to be wet for several days. It's murder to my skin."

Captain REX
"Okay, then what's your plan? Or are you going with mine?" Gald asks. He looks back at the boat, which doesn't looked rigged or damaged whatsoever.

Ushgarak
Well, here you guys are, floating in the river... amazingly, Chion does appear to be able to float and even swim, though he is not very good at it. Whenever any of you guys look at him he just smiles.

In case you are wandering, Quam, you can still pick up plenty of sensors. Faylar must have carpetted the enitre jungle with them.

Captain REX
They float along the river on the drift wood. "Faylar must want us dead pretty bad to carpet the planet with sensors. He must know we're here by now." After awhile Gald is lulled to sleep by the running water.

Ushgarak
(Just as a note- and I think I mentioned this before- this is a war zone. The sensors are there to detect pro-Republican troops moving through the jungle towards K'rra Chi. Though he'd be happy if the detected you guys as well.)

yerssot
"Hope you guys protected your lightsabres agains the water..."
Yerssot looked at Gald.
"Some need a lightsabre more then others"
He smiled.

queeq
Quam suddenly swam off to the other side of the river, scrutinising his scanner that lit up in a pale green. He disappeared into the dark.

Minutes later Quam came swimming back. "Allright, ladies, I have an alternative to swimming all the way. I have just checked out one of the sensors right on the shor there. It's a heat sensor detection system. Now, the mud on this river contains a lot of mitil-sulfite. If we cover our bodies with it, we can move a lot faster. We have to stay close to the shore though, when we are traced by motion sensors, only the muddy shores can gives us cover. Andf if that doesn't work, the river will."

yerssot
"Let's see your plan works, or this will be one of the shortest offencives of all time"
He grabed some mud and placed it on him

Captain REX
Gald plops down in some of the slimy mud and gets back up, covered head to toe in mud. "Quam, your sure this will work? And do we have to cover the Jedi? Couldn't we just kill him and be done with it?"

yerssot
"Afraid, are you?"

Captain REX
Gald cocks his gun and holds it to Yerssot's head. "Quam, make him shut it or I'll blow his brains out!"

Edna Witch
"Fine whatever! Can we just choose a plan and stick to it?"

Captain REX
Gald then cools down and puts the gun away. "Please, Jedi, just shut up! I don't even want you here in the first place!" He then turns to Edna. "I think we should go with Quam's plan, since my boat idea was suicidal and your idea of drifting down the river on logs didn't work with Quam's skin. I'm already all muddy anyway."

queeq
"Go ahead and kill him, Gald. I don't care." Quam said as he covered himself with the river mud. "And whatever you do, I'm going for this plan. It works, I checked it."

When Quam finished soiling himself (wink) and his weapons, he began to move upstream along the shore, towards K'rra Chi.

yerssot
"Do you take the risk of making too much noise?"

Ushgarak
Seriously, yerss, keep blabbing after Rex has yelled at you to shut up and he WILL kill you.

Edna Witch
And if he doesn't then I certainly will.

Edna walks silently up behind yerssot and prods him in the back with the hilt of her lightsabre. "Watch your mouth Jedi! You're starting to strain on my patience!" She pushes him forward. "Get moving! I want youin front of me where I can swing at your head if you open that trap of yours once more!"

queeq
Suddenly Quam shows up behind yerssot and grabs him by the throat in a choke hold. He pushes his unignited lightsabre hard in his back. "You better watch your tongue, lad. Or I'll push a little button." Quam hisses. He squeezes a bit harder, making sure yerssot cannot utter a sound. He then pushes him forward, still holding him in his iron grip. "And now, young yerssot, we will discuss the character of your Jedi Master Kellan..."

Ushgarak
(Dramatic chords)

dum-dum-dum....

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Anyway, once I am certain you are all happy with a plan (or splitting up), I will move things on for you!

yerssot
"As you wish master Quam... what do you need to know?"
Yerssot smiled

Captain REX
"HOW COULD YOU BE SMILING IF I'M GOING TO BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT, EDNA'S GOING TO STAB YOU, AND QUAM IS GOING TO CHOKE YOU TO DEATH AND TOSS YOU IN THE RIVER!!!" Gald is in a raging fit. "STOP SMILING!!!"

Gald takes out his gun and fires a few shots only centimeters from Yerssot's face. The Pulse Cannon makes a sound that is like an electronic whisper, but fills Yerssot and everyone elses eyes with bright purple light. You can barely here the hissing sound it makes when it hits a tree across the river, but you can definately see it. "I think we'll risk the noise, Yerssot." Gald is glaring menacingly.

Edna Witch
With reflexes sharp as razors Edna ignites her lightsaber and swings it up towards Gald, stopping inches short of his neck!

"I think we won't! Control your temper tantrums! One more outburst like that and I will have no problem using your head as a trophy stand for the jedi's! Don't play his games! No matter what you do, it will not scare him. Now stop feeding his ego and shut the hell up!"

Edna glares at Gald before slowly withdrawing, lightsaber still lit. She glances at Quam then distinguishes it.

"Come on. We've lingered long enough here. I'm getting fed up with this planet already!"

Edna jogs off up the river.

queeq
"Next time kill him, Edna. Like I care. Now no more noise." Quam followed Edna, still holding yerssot. "So what is Kellan's strength? And where lie her fears?" Quam spoke softly.

yerssot
"Kellan her strenght is her faith in the others and in the Force, that's also her fear"
Yerssot whispered back.

queeq
"Others? How feeble. She trusted in you as well?" Quam laughed, quietely, but his disdain was very noticeable.

Ushgarak
Ok, how far are you guys planning to go on foot, today? And are you planning any breaks?

queeq
Nope. We can do some 10 miles I think.

Captain REX
Gald is in the worst mood possible. He doesn't even care that Rura's missing. He holsters his gun and starts jogging after Edna. "Come on! We've already wasted enough time! Take the Jedi if you must, but hurry!" Gald has his cool, but he still has his thin temper.

queeq
Quam sees the heavily loaded Gald run off and doesn't change his pace. "We'll meet up with him when he wears out of gets shot. Moving too fast may trigger the motion sensors. We better keep some distance and be ready to jump the water."

yerssot
"I don't know if you get the point of SNEAKING AROUND, but it's DEFINITLY NOT screaming."
He whispered in Galds ear...

Captain REX
Gald just thows another glare at Yerssot, obviously still pissed. "Watch it Jedi."

Ushgarak
OK. Well, I think all of you argue all the way, but you can make your ten miles by the time night falls again, using a combination of slow and careful movement and liberal mud use.

This puts you 25 miles from K'rra Chi.

Captain REX
Gald had been telling Yerssot to stop bugging him the whole way, and now it was dark and he was tired. He had covered himself in fresh mud. "How long till we rest?"

Ushgarak
It is now night, and it gets VERY dark dow in the jungle, where the light ofen cannot penetrate at the best of times.

Somewhere in the background, some of you can hear (thanks to yiur Jedi senses) a VERY faint mechanical or electrical whine.

Captain REX
"What is that noise?" Gald asks. He cocks his gun just in case. He looks in all directions, but sees nothing.

queeq
*Errmmmm...Ush... we are travelling on a river bank. I doubt the growth is so extreme that it grows all over the river. Usually a river means there's plenty of light.....*

Captain REX
(Overhanging trees, queeq, overhanging trees. Although, that's what I thought too.)

queeq
*It didn't strike me as a small river though, but a pretty big one. Even the Amazon has major clearance over water.*

Ushgarak
Well, that's rather taking the piss, because river or not it gets VERY dark in jungles because all the ambient light is absorbed, just like in canyons.

But I assumed your camp for the night would NOT be on the river bank as that would be exceedingly stupid; you would have no cover and you would be wet and miserable. And you would also be dead by now.

BTW, you are moving DOWNSTREAM, not up. K'rra Chi is a port; the river flows TOWARDS it.

Captain REX
The electronical noise is still going. "What is that noise? It's driving me crazy!"

yerssot
"Gald, if you want to yell, do it somewhere else.
Not because some want to sleep so they can be awake tomorrow, but for the others not finding us"

Ushgarak
Queeq, your techie sensor can pick it up first.

There is a small atmosphere flyer, flying a search pattern, coming in this direction. Under the trees you canot be seen casually buit a close inspection by it will see you unless you make some effort to hide...

queeq
Quam's sensor picks up the aerial invader.
"Quick, hide in the forest, move slow but direct. Take covers underneath those tree roots."
Quam slid smoothly into the shadows as he put on a pair of night vision goggles to have a closer look.

Ushgarak
Difficult to see clearly right now, queeq, but you doubt it could hold more than four people, it's not very big.

The whining noise gets louder as its pattern brings it this way.

queeq
"Hold your fire", Quam hissed at Gald even beforer he was about to reach for his guns. "No noise, no movement."

Edna Witch
"OK spread out. EVeryone take a different tree and try and make yourself look as insonspicuous as possible. there are some loose branches over there for extra cover. Quam you keep the jedi with you and take the big tree over there. We will stay here for the night and move fast at sunrise!"

Edna pauses thoughtfuly for a moment.

"OK the mud is excellent at deflecting the sensors but now we are getting closer ot the port, there are flyers too. I think the best way would be to start swimming underwater again. With regular rests, i would say we could get a good 20 miles done tommorrw. Rest overnight and then swim the final 5 miles the next day and spend then rest of the day looking for an entrance to the place then wait till night fall, at which time we will make our move. Then hopefully in 48 hours time we will be inside the city."

"But you guys can choose to walk if you want. I would prefer to swim. It will be exhausting work tomorrow but it will give us plenty of time the day after to come up with a plan."

Edna leaves them all to think about it, chooses a tree and a few leafy braches and settles in for a good night's rest.

Captain REX
Gald puts his gun away and watches the strange ship. "Stupid Damagran morons. I wonder what it's armed with."

Ushgarak
The whining gets agonisingly loud as the flyer gets very close for a few moments... and then it fades away, rapidly.

Edna is right; they flyers searching the area will have to be accounted for in your movements tomorrow.

queeq
"I don't feel like venturing into the jungle further. It's swarming with motion sensors. Let's do the water thing then.... blast."

Ushgarak
I'll just see if Rex wants to comment...

Captain REX
"Stupid flyers, stupid Damagran, stupid planet," Gald says. "It all adds up. Oh, and stupid pirate Faylar." His face is wrinkled in a frown. He is cursing under her breath.

Ushgarak
Damn it, my recent post here has been deleted. I can't be bothered to post it again. The basic thing is, after a few hours swimming you sense a presence ahead in the water and danger in the near future.

yerssot
"I'm thinking about a waterfall, what about you?"
He looked at Quam.

Ushgarak
The flow would be speeding if it were a waterfall, which it isn't...

yerssot
(and I'm just a captive)

Edna Witch
Since when has a waterfall had some presence in the force?

Edna stops swimming and comes up above the water. She waits for the other's heads to appear. "Anyone know anything about the aquatic life on this planet?"

queeq
"They live under water. What are you afraid of?" Quam said to Edna with a smile.

Ushgarak
Hmm, there is definitely SOMETHING unpleasant ahead...

queeq
"My sensors pick up something pretty big. We better hit the shores... makes sure you roll into the mud first before venturing further." Quam starts heading for the shore.

yerssot
Yerssot follows his example and gets to the shore, making sure he is entirly covered with mud...

He then waits for the others to come...

(where is captain Rex?)

Captain REX
(sorry! haven't been able to post at all)

Gald starts to head for the shore, but the water around him is bubbling. He swims hard and eventually ends up on shore. He rolls around in they mud, coats his pistol, and aims at the bubbles.

yerssot
"Gald, they will hear that"

queeq
Quam Force grabs the blaster from Gald's hand. "I said: NO BLASTERS!" Quam hissed at him.

Edna Witch
"What are you pansies faffing about at?" says Edna from the water.

"You think you can kill this thing from the shore? Any projectile weapon you guys have will make far too much noise. We have to use our sabres. From the water is the only way. What are you al scared or something? Running from a little fish are we? However we need someone to act as bait. Bring whatever is down there towards those of us at the surface with our sabres. Any volunteers? It only requires a bit of swimming!"

All heads turn towards the Jedi!

yerssot
Yerssot looks besides him and behind him...
He looks sheepish and said:
"Who? Mesa?"
Then he smiled...
"Ofcourse me, if you had to ask chubby here *points to Gald* it would all make too much noise... and I think it's a good time to ask my lightsabre back now..."

Captain REX
"Wrong answer. Plus, are you incharge here Edna? We have to see what Quam says. We can't make the Jedi do it because if he gets his saber back, he'll be able to fight us. So, I vote for sending in someone of Quam's choice. Rura would be a good choice. Where the hell is he anyway?"

Gald Force grabs his blaster back and holsters it.

Edna Witch
"You don't need a sabre. You're just bait. Just attract that creature towards us and LITERALLY swim for your life. Besides what use will a lightsabre be when swimming under water huh? You'll only short it out!"

Edna turns to Garm. "SInce when has Quam been in charge here anyway?"

Captain REX
"He's made most of the decisions, hasn't he?"

Gald pushes Yerssot forward to the water. "Well, attract it retard!"

Edna Witch
"It's ok to be scared Jedi! The fear will just attract the creature more quickly!" Edna looks downstream with an evil smileon her face.

Ushgarak
Rura is fine, Rex, and he'll do it if you want him to.

That thing is getting closer, you can all feel it...

yerssot
"I'm only afraid of the Force, it's a powerfull enemy when it's turned against you. But since Chicken-wuss doesn't want to go, I take he has the most fear"

Edna Witch
"Then strong is he! Fear is a poweful ally! You would do well to let it guide you as it does he!" Now get on with it!

yerssot
Yerssot smiled...
"There is no emotion, there is peace"
He dived in the water, swimming at a reasonable speed, not too fast so if he needs to flee he would have some energy left

Ushgarak
Yes, there is something big and dark about 200 metres away in the water...

yerssot
Yerssot started to swim a bit slower again, getting ready to flee

Edna Witch
Edna stands her ground, waist high in water. She removes her lihtsabre from her belt and stands ready to ignite it. "Well what are you guys waiting for? Get back in here. Or are you all scared of a little fish?"

Ushgarak
Yerss, it has tentacles and tusks and teeth and mouths and it is moving towards you very quickly...

yerssot
Yerssot waited just a few seconds more while he got himself vertically in the water...
He concentrated...
Just a few moments more...
and then ... just a few moments before the beast could attack him, the lad used the Force-jump to jump out of the water onto a tree from wich he jumped to another tree, away from the water

Ushgarak
SOMETHING emerges from the water with amazing speed. It is some ten metres across and five high, and seems to be mostly an unspeakable mass of scales. It seems just as comfortable on land as on water.

Giving a great roar, it shambls onto the land. A tentacle shoots out (VERY fast) and grabs for your leg, yerssot.

yerssot
Yerssot quickly reacts and jumps with the help of the Force behind Quam and the rest using a nice summersault.

"He's all yours now"

Edna Witch
Edna slashes at several of the wriggling tentacles with her lightsabre attempting to amputate them.

"We have to keep this thing on land. I don't know about you guys but my weapons are all useless in the water! Besides the trees will slow its progress if it tries to flee. The water will not. Try and get it into the forest"

Ushgarak
(Presumably, Edna, this is all your weapons are usless except for the one you keep forgetting)

yerssot
EDITED- not very constructive, yerss...

Ushgarak
Chion reacts quickly. He runs forward, and with a generous one-handed swing of his huge sabre he slices one tentacle. He grabs another with his large left hand and starts to pull HARD at it, causing the monster to shriek in pain.

yerssot
(heck, have to do something in the meantime)

Yerssot, still in the tree, joins the battle, still keeping away from the tentacles since he has nothing to defend himself with...
So he uses the Force Choke (if I can finally use this baby now!!) to squeeze a tantacle of the monster
(ok, I know it's going to take a long time that way)

queeq
Quam quickly clicks on an adapter on his tommy blaster, inserts a small ballistic missile and aims at the creature. With a woosh-sound they projectile hit the creature somewhere where the centre of the beats appears to be and passes into its innerds. Quam then pushes a button on his utility belt and waits for the results.

Ushgarak
There is a rather disgustingly wet noise, and green forth starts to ooze from out of the creature's mouths.

But the damn thing keeps on coming. Chion braches his geet on the ground and contoinues to yank on the tentacle he has a hold of. Another tentacle darts out and wraps round his foot.

Acting on instinct, one of the tentacles grabs for your gun, queeq...

queeq
Quam force jumps backwards, avoiding the tentacle. In the jump he recharges and when he lands on the mud several yards back, he fires again.

Ushgarak
This damn thing, queeq! It can't be anything natural; it's far too hardly. Youi suspect you might have to disintegrate this thing before it stops being dangerous.

As Chion and the beast log in a tug of war, CHion trying to free himself and the beast trying to free its trapped tentacle, you fire another charge in, causing another huge shriek of pain from the creature.

yerssot
All the Dark Jedis are fighting like hell to kill this monster...
Suddenly, Yerssot leaps down and uses the Force Pull to get his lightsabre from Quam.
Since Quam has his whole mind set on the creature, he gives the sabre away with ease.
Yerssot grabs it out of the air and holds it in his hands, doing nothing, for just a second... Staring at it... staring at two words who are carved in it ...
Then ... he looks up... activates the sabre and closes his eyes, concentrating...
He walks calmly to a tentacle that was just supporting the creature, with ease he manged to slash away half of it, making the creature loose his balance for just a few seconds

Ushgarak
Yerss, queeq is a full powered character with Force sense. If he objects to that move he will have an opportunity to try and stop you.

yerssot
and I was hoping he wouldn't mind to allow me to speed things up a bit ...

Captain REX
Gald sees Yerssot get his gun back, but doesn't give a damn because the creature's got a hold on his right arm, left leg, and stomach. "Let go you bloody bastard!" Using his scissors technique with his lightsaber, he severes one or two of the creature's tentacles after several cuts. It squeals in pain, but redoubles it's attack, knocking most of them back except Chion, who is still playing tug-of-war.

Gald turns off his lightsabers and grabs his rifle. He sets it for seeker missile, and fires. The orangish-white missile flies from the gun, but off into the forest, for the creature wacks Gald with a tentacle just as he fired. The seeker turns around and almost collides with a tree, but it hits the monster. Green blood gushes out, and the creature roars furiously.

"You guys! Go for the mouths! Or the tentacles! Or both!" Gald yells over the roaring and squealing of the monster. Gald looks to Yerssot, who is wielding his lightsaber with ease. He's a damn good lightsaber-wielder, I'll give him that, Gald says in his thoughts. He'd stand no chance against the rest of us though.

Ushgarak
(Until queeq gets back I'll leave it fuzzy as to whether yerss managed that or not...)

Gald, the creature has a new plan for the one that causes pain. A HUGE tentacle reaches over, and with one pull yanks a tree out of the ground, which quickly smashes down towards you!

yerssot
"Gald! Join me!"
Yerssot yells...
He uses the Force-push to push the tree in the eye of the creature, thanks to Gald's help, ofcourse

Captain REX
Wow, he actually cares about my welfare, thinks Gald. He dashes over to Yerssot and "helps" him slash at the creature with his two lightsabers.

(Like in my sig!)

Ushgarak
Cool!

The creature might JUST be showing signs of weakness, at last, as its movements begin to slow.

Using two tentacles to grip the tree (to make it harder to push), it smashes down towards the two of you with its huge makeshift club.

Captain REX
Gald gets out of the way, bet notices that Yerssot isn't moving and is still trying to stop the tree. He lunges at Yerssot and knocks him out of the way as the tree comes down. Then Gald leaps up and fires another seeker at the creature, blasting off a few tentacles. He frees the tree from the tentacles of the creature and the "club" lies there. "Stupid creature, something to add to my list."

yerssot
"Nice jump, clearly you have skills"
He ignites his lightsabre again and runs to Gald who continues to shoot at the creature.
When he was close enough he jumped on the shoulders of him and with the use of the Force he jumped over the creature...
Two tentacles chaised him but Yerssot turned around in the air and slashed them down, leaving them crumbling on the ground

Captain REX
"Good fight, Jedi! Now it's my turn!" Gald yells, running at the creature at full speed. He leaps, dodging the three remaining tentacles, and stabs down on the creature's head. He sticks the blades all the way in and holds them there until he is tossed off. As he flies off, he severes another tentacle.

yerssot
With only two tentacles left, Yerssot made sure Gald didn't fell with his head first.
After checking he calmly walked to the creature... A tentacle went for him but with a few quick slashes the tentacle was shorter, a little jump and slash and also the last one was reduced to a little stump...
"Finish it Gald, finish him off"

Ushgarak
Looks like the damn thing is FINALLY dying. Chion starts to hack the main mass to pieces with his sabre.

It is letting out a VERY loud shriek, though.

yerssot
Using the Force, Yerssot got leaves in the mouth of the creature, that way it couldn't yell anymore

Captain REX
With that, Gald takes out his pulse cannon. The whispering masses of purple energy hit the creature. Its pulse rises until it has a heart attack and dies, then explodes from overkill.

"Well, that makes short work of this thing. I hate genetics. I've seen one of these before in a battle arena on Ttikite. It's a 'Goglasrr' in Ttikitan, so I don't know the translation." He kicks a dead tentacle. "It was bred on Ttikite, and Faylar has probably bought some from the arena owners. Be on the look out for more."

As they begin to walk again, Gald says to Yerssot, "Nice fighting. Your not so stupid after all."

Ushgarak
If this thing WAS purchased by Faylar, it's been modified since; even a casual scan by Quam's device will show that.

Faylar is obviously into genetics, another of his list of things. Such genetic research is utterly illegal, not that you guys care.

You guys have to plan your final leg to the city, bearing in mind the increased security on the way. You;d do well to get away from this place pretty quick as well.

yerssot
"I never claimed I was stupid ... only ... insane..."
Yerssot deactivated his lightsabre and placed it on his belt again.
"We should go and get out of where, they'll return in greater numbers...
I'm only a slave, you have to make the decisions"

Ushgarak
Chion seems to be idley hacking away at the corpse.

Ushgarak
This is the introduction thread for Ricolt, so the rest of you may ignore it if you wish.

The galaxy is a large place to look for one man, Ricolt. The trouble with Bounty Hunters is that they travel. A LOT. And no matter how far you follow them there is always somewhere else in the galaxy for them to go. A thousand lifetimes is not enough to search all these worlds.

Only your desire for revenge has kept you going. You tried, at first, to remember what your teacher used to tell you; to mind and control your feelings, not to let them overcome you. You tried to justify your mission. The bounty hunter that killed your parents was evil. His death was necessary. A person who killed so callously for money- who killed the WRONG people- who would miss him? You would be doing the galaxy a favour. They should reward you.

As time past, so did a lot of the justification. You just wanted this person dead. That's all that mattered. And what right did anyone else have to judge you? In the end, your hatred was all you had left.

But it's paid off, damn it, it has paid off! Your first serious lead in years. You have a name: Var-Ell, a wealthy crime Lord who works in the Outer Rim (surprisingly close to Naboo, actually).

You KNOW, for a fact, that Var-Ell hires the same Bounty Hunter all the time. Recently. He MUST know how to contact ths person who has obsessed your life. And you will get that information from him. One way or another.

You spent three months working out his location, on the planet of Kahangrorn, a miserable, dark planet. It took another month to finally track down his hideout in one of the sprawling cities of that world.

Now you only have one problem, which is that Var-Ell is hardly going to welcome some random man walking into his organisation and asking him questions. You finger your hidden lightsabre under your clothing. Time and again, it has been your guarantee of safety at times like this. But he WILL tell you what you want to know.

Your luck is in. Var-Ell is at the front of his hideout, in the bar. He is unmissbale, a tall Gran dressed in extravagant clothes, surrounded by all sorts of criminal scum anxious to catch his attention. The only human in the room, you catch a lot of glances when you walk in...

And you will have to take it from here, Ricolt. You tell me what you want to do, and I tell you what happens! Simple as that.

Ricolt Dryak
Ricolt notices all the drunk, sweaty,scum eyeing him.He reminds himself not to make a big seen so that he can get in and out of this place as fast and easily as he can.

Ricolt walks over to Var-Ell trying not to bump into any body in his way.
Ricolt slightly tapps Var-Ell on his shoulder.

"Excuse me Sir,may ask for your assistance? If you are able to help me out i will be willing to pay you small amount of credits or what ever other items you people here use for trade"

Ricolt thinks to himself..........
I dont have much to offer him . If he is not satisfied with what i have give him i will have to handle this a little differently than what i originally had planned

Ushgarak
(Var-Ell, of course, speaks with the benefit of subtitles)

He seems to ignore you, Ricolt, but speaks.

"Who is this pale-faced human who thinks he can just walk in here and speaks to me?" he asks, rhetorically. Some of his grunts start to laugh.

Ricolt Dryak
"well if you do not want my biusiness i guess i will leave"

Ricolt Dryak
Ricolt Knows how much greed dwells inside of the scum

Ricolt Dryak
He also knows that Var-Ell would never give up a chance for money

Ushgarak
"Wait..." says Var-Ell. "Humour an old Gran like me... what was it you wanted me to help you with?"

It seems just about everyone in the room is eyeing you expectantly, Ricolt.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>