Katie Leung [the cho-sen one]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zabini_slytheri
hi.

what do you people think of katie? the person who got the role of cho chang in the harry potter movies.

i'm not really a fan of hers, but.. yeah.

*Georgina_A*
Well, we haven't seen her acting skills yet...but from what I've seen, looks wise, I don't think she's right for the part erm

zabini_slytheri
i agree.

i thought cho was supposed to be really popular and have striking looks. from what i can tell from the photos, katie has a pale babyface and doesn't really look athletic.

i mean, cho's supposed to be seeker for ravenclaw right?

*Georgina_A*
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. I imagined Cho to be kind of cute and sweet and sociable as well as athletic and have striking looks. Katie just doesn't match what I wanted as Cho at all.

punkyhermy
She is a disapointment,in the looks department only though...i haven't seen her act but let's hope that she is NOT another emma watson.

zabini_slytheri
heh.

if she turns out to be another watson... they can hang out together.

seeing as there aren't that many good-looking oriental girls in the uk, maybe they were desperate enough to take her in because she looks relatively normal?

then again in gof she doesn't have that many lines either.

BBQueen810932
I haven't seen Harry Potter 3 yet

zabini_slytheri
go see it then. poa's worth watching.

*Georgina_A*
Actually over 4000 Oriental girls were at the open audition. The line was really really long! messed There were definitely girls who I thought looked better than Katie. I was really very surprised as well as disappointed when I saw her pic.

Krabs55
who is she I have never heard of her.... ???

*Georgina_A*
She got the part as Cho Chang in Harry Potter. She will appear in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire next year. She hasn't been in any films before though.

zabini_slytheri
sigh... WHY katie of all people?

the only reason i can think of is: she can actually act though we don't really know that for sure do we?

and if she can't it'll be a really big disappointment seeing as her looks aren't exactly..

right for the part.

have you seen the fake pics on mugglenet? the ones of fake katie and fake emma. i think fake katie looked better.

*Georgina_A*
I read that some insiders said that she is perfect for the part. I know almost all the people I've spoken to don't think so (including myself) but I guess we have to wait for the film to really find out.

silver_tears
pics anyone confused

zabini_slytheri
uhh... try katie-leung.com there are pics scattered about there... smile

mm... one of the snitch seeker forums has a clear picture of her. try google search. and you'll find quite a few webpages.

zabini_slytheri
has anyone seen the fake katie pictures? fake katie's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay prettier. and more suited for the part.

Miss Unknown
Oh yeah, fake Katie's really cute and pretty!

MGF
Hm, if the Harry Potter books had said that Cho Chang was of mixed races, like for eg, her mother being Caucasian and her father Asian, I'm sure they would've casted girls of mixed races. Mixed people of any race are so beautiful! But it seems as if Cho has to be a pure Asian, so that's why they had to choose a pure one.
I find Katie Leung, well, all right. She'll be decent-looking once she's maked-up and in her Hogwarts school uniform, don't you worry, guys!

zabini_slytheri
ahahahaha. are you saying that she doesn't look decent without make-up. i think she is normal-looking . well - no amount of make-up can save that nose, pray they won't zoom in on it.

fake katie is pretty - unfortunately she's a thai singer... notetoon or something like that. pity she isn't british born - she might've gotten the part if she were.

*Georgina_A*
^^ I agree...she is only average IMO.

I also agree about fake Katie...she was really pretty.

blair zabini
hi sis! *waves madly*

any way, i think that katie leong should not even have gotten the part. some one else should. or they could put a barbie doll in. that would be better.

zabini_slytheri
hi bro. 0.o

why barbie? barbies can't talk - then again, they DO look better than most people. smile

zabini_slytheri
i still can't really imagine what katie will look like playing quidditch... *shudders*

or kissing harry for that matter.

*Georgina_A*
^^ lol I agree. I'm thinking she'll look a lot prettier in make-up and all but still....I still wonder *why* they chose her...

dannylover<3
**The girl who Harry Potter's Daniel Radcliffe will eventually get to kiss has been revealed by a newspaper to be a 16-year-old schoolgirl from Glasgow.**

DO YOU KNOW HOW MAD I AM! I don't want to see Cho kiss my man!

I AM NOT GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE OR ANY OTHERS IF SHE KISSES HIM AND THEN LEAVES! I AM SSSSOOOOOOOO FURIOUS RIGHT NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK I need to calm down...grrr

she is not pretty to me, but yet, i'll never meet him anyways, shes to old for him! HHHUUHH...... mad mad mad

MGF
Nobody actually knows how they'll film the bit where Harry and Cho kiss under the mistletoe, but maybe they won't show it, and leave us guessing they've kissed after Harry returns to Gryffindor Tower and shares it with Ron and Hermione.

MGF
*Georgina_A*, at least you agree with me about the makeup thing.

MGF
All right, most people wish Katie Leung hadn't been cast as Cho Chang, but out of the four other finalists, who would you have chosen? Who's the best-looking of the five, including Katie?

zabini_slytheri
maybe they'll send her for plastic surgery.
maybe they'll bury her in makeup.
maybe they'll airbrush out her nose.
maybe they won't let her take up too much time in the movie.
maybe they'll cut out all her scenes.
maybe they'll get her a few hundred stylists.
maybe they'll send her for weight-lifting.
maybe then she'll be right for the part.

MGF
She's Oriental, zabini_slytheri, so she'll always have certain typical physical features, simply because she's Oriental and she'll play Cho Chang who's Oriental. Just accept the way she looks likes.

zabini_slytheri
-shrugs- i'm oriental, too. and i don't share HER physical features.

MGF
I shouldn't admit it, but I'm Oriental, too! wink So, are you pure like Katie Leung, or of mixed race(s)?

fanatos
Pics?

zabini_slytheri
purely oriental. mmhmm. smile

pics of katie leung? erhh... google search. not google image search. i think. yeahh.

ash_fire07

Jaime13
I think that most of ya'll are just trying to follow the crowd, and are just hatin' on Katie Leung because she is pretty and athletic. Yes I do know ash_fire07 just in case you are wondering, I am one of her friends and we are two very different people so we do not get along very often or agree happy Anyways, I think Emma Watson can act also. So if you have anything to dis about her than I'll dis you right back. I think ya'll are all just jealous. 'Dat's da truth. wink

TomFeltonMYMAN!
Ya know she is pretty but her nose blocks that beauty and yes i admit im jealous cuz she just might get to kiss dan but im not too bothered by it . . . .such a liar i am . . . . but no one knows yet if shes gonna kiss him cuz their just filming the goblet of fire right now and in the book theres nothing of them kissing so i dont think they know yet if they are gonna kiss yet since their busy with the goblet of fire and she does have some style cuz in those pics shes wearing kewl clothesthumb up

silver_tears
what pics no expression where?

zabini_slytheri
^.- how does one LOOK popular, ash_fire07?

watson's acting sucks, although i will admit that she has improved somewhat from the first movie.

and, yes, she'd be better off without that nose.

how do you know she's athletic??? 'cause she certainly doesn't look it. and her tan is non-existent.

SummerSunshine
who is Katie??

fanatos
No pics @ google. No pics anywhere...

SummerSunshine
hehehe

ash_fire07
Well, in those pics, she looks athletic, and I'm glad somebody finally realized that she doesn't kiss him in the fourth book. In the fifth book, yeah, but by then they probably will have a new cast anyways because they are all outgrowing their parts.
"^.- how does one LOOK popular, ash_fire07?"---zabini_slytheri. Well, you tell me since you said that she's supposed to be popular and hav really stricking looks. It's weird how it seems that all of you seem to have the same opinion. Maybe someon's just afraid to come up and admit that she looks the part.

TomFeltonMYMAN!
Well i thought that Cho would be much prettier so i was disappointed when i saw who was casted as Cho but i dunno if she plays the part really well when we see the fourth film then its understandable why they picked her
bunny

MGF
Originally posted by ash_fire07
Well, in those pics, she looks athletic, ...

What pics? The blurry ones from the newspaper?

zabini_slytheri
i really don't see how you can get the impression that she is athletic from those newspaper pictures. you can't really tell what her stature's like. i think she should probably get a tan. being a ravenclaw seeker includes being outside for constant practise and therefore most likely that she's have a tan. not saying that it's necessary. just that it might help her to be in line with the character more.

ash_fire07
If you go to katie-leung.com it has pictures of her in the gallery, she looks tan in those pics too, even though she may have a cell phone up to her ear, maybe whatever pictures you saw showed her in the wrong light or something. Maybe you just looked at bad pics or something. You should really take a look at who's going to play Fleur Delacour if you really want someone to complain about.

TomFeltonMYMAN!
thats true . . . I thought that the girl that was gonna play Fleur would be MUCH more prettier so with Fleur I was even MORE disappointed about what she looked like so yeah sad miffed no no expression thumb down What the f**k?

silver_tears
Where are you getting these pics people???? SHARE WITH THE GROUP stick out tongue

Scar
LOL! Katie's official website's bandwidth limit has been exceeded.

Scar
aaaaawwwwwwww!!!!! sad She is not even a bit of Cho!

Kella
That's gonna be Harry's girlfriend??? alrighty then...

silver_tears
I think she's alright erm
I wanna see Fleur though happy

Scar
alright? no expression o cummon... havent u read the books?

zabini_slytheri
i think neither katie leung nor clemence poesy fit the roles they have to play - erhm, cho chang and fleur respectively.

silver_tears
I have read all the books thank you stick out tongue

And Fleur or whatever looks lik Kirsten Dunst here.........
http://cgi.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bank/programmes_tv/drama/300_gunpowder_poesy.jpg

ash_fire07
Fleur is supposed to look better than Cho, and in all these pictures it seems that Cho is going to look better than Fleur.

zabini_slytheri
yeah. i agree.

and that's saying a lot.

Kun@Chinese
HI~
I 'm a chinese ,I'm 14years old , I also dislike katie Leung , she's look very common , In china many people is better than she , why J.K. don't go to China to find a suitable girl to get Cho Chang this role le?

Kun@Chinese
I think this two girls is better Katie Leung~

*Georgina_A*
Cho Chang is supposed to be British born Chinese, so she's couldn't do that. There were more than 4000 Asian girls at the open audition so JK wouldn't have to do that anyways...

Although, I completely agree with you about her looking common, I'm British born Chinese myself smile

*Georgina_A*
EDIT: sorry embarrasment

MGF
So you dislike her only because she's not pretty enough for you? And JK Rowling couldn't possibly cast Cho herself. She doesn't get to choose all the actors. All I know is that she asked for Robbie Coltrane to play Hagrid. The rest of the actors were casted by WB's casting people. And the actress playing Cho has to be British, and that's what Katie is.

hezzy_baby
I haven't seen her yet...anyone got a photo?

Kun@Chinese
*Georgina A*
u are English woman?? Oh so good ~ I live in Macao, how old are you ?
do you know which school is Daniel study in ?

MGF
Just make a search for Katie Leung, and I'm certain there'll be several websites at which her pictures are posted.

Kun@Chinese
Is Katie Leung older than Daniel ??

alwyna_angel39
katie is a 16 year old chinese girl....definitely older than daniel for two years...............I DONT LIKE YOU!!!!!!!make me one of your fans and prove me wrong about prejudging your personality........and puh-lease do not spoil Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...make yourself pretty and just concentrate on being Harry Potter's girl and not Daniel Radcliffe's girl because on that case we're on emma's side!!!!

Kun@Chinese
I think Katie is so bad to got the role of cho , it is too bad , I think Daniel is think so .

MGF
So what if she's x number of years older than Radcliffe? If she looks a year older than him it should be good, because Chang's supposed to be a year older than Potter.

We don't even know if they'll show a lot of her in GoF, so you'd better wait till the movie comes out. How do you know if she isn't already concentrating on being Potter's girl and playing her role correctly?

And stop hating her because of her looks!

MGF
How do you know Radcliffe thinks Leung shouldn't've got the role of Chang? I don't think he'd openly criticise the cast of an actor.

Elondra
She's not what I imagined her like but if she is casted as Cho out of hundreds of people then there should be a reason.

She is definetly not going to appear in the film like herself in those pictures posted.
And you can judge whether she's suits the role of not after watching GoF.

jacobs_ladder
She is SUCH a dissapointment, she's butt ugly, i really thought they'd be able to choose someone at least average looking with SO many girls to choose from, i mean COME ON, there were over 4000 girls at the auditions right?!

trav6612
I not to keen on her either, they could have picked a better girl for a hero like harry

LadyDeath
SHE IS UGGGGGLY

Elli Malfoy
I AM jealous that she *might* get to kiss Daniel radcliffe!!

but I haven't seen her picture so I can't judge if she looks okay for the part or nothing.But really we don't need to be talking about if she's right for the part they chose her and it's obviously their choice duh.If they chose her she'll be Cho no matter how much we protest anyway.who cares it's not like it matters that much who plays Cho,it's that they put her in that counts.anyone get it?well If she does kiss him on-screen we can just throw popcorn and hiss at her...... laughing

but really I am jealous.

why can't I kiss him!!!!!!! mad laughing

JK I'm a Tom fan myself.................

although D.R's not bad either.....droolio

Elli Malfoy
me either I think he's probably fine with whoever they pick.He seems like a very nice person.shy,but nice and it seems to me he can work with anyone.If we should worry bout anything it's that she might not fit in with them all,since they've been there so long,but maybe they can help her out.

and i agree with the other girl too,there must be a reason.She's probably a good actress.

LadyDeath
ok umm....katie is the grl that plays cho chang?

LadyDeath
http://www.misshkbeauties.com/mci00/2000/0001.jpg

there is a ****ing pic of her...and you said there was none at google...liar

Elondra
Who the hell is that?

*Georgina_A*
^^ What Elondra said no expression

That's not Katie

ejay1
Ewww you mean Harry has an crush on Katie Leung. eek!

ejay1
Delete

xJoJox
i no this might be off topic...well..i don't even no if this was even in the topic that yall were talking about..butt i don't no cuz i haven't read everything cuz..well..i haven't got time, butt..here is wat i was gonna say: rolling on floor laughing

WHO THINKS DANIEL RADCLIFFE AND TOM FELTON IS HAWT?
me! me! me! ....butt i especially think dan is hawt! lol..lmao... Happy Dance laughing

xJoJox
c'mon..doesn't anyone agree with me? love smile

MGF
Daniel's pretty hot, but Tom's not really, although I used to find he was, at the beginning of the year.

*Georgina_A*
^^ Exactly my opinion yes

Elondra
I think both of them are minging.

PBloom
Bah ... I only recently looked up pictures for the girl playing Cho Chang, and OMFG ... I am beyond disappointed. Katie Leung looks like a stuck up ***** who's gonna suck the life out of HP-GoF.

zabini_slytheri is funny.

Anyhoo, yes, the only reason Katie was chosen is probably because of her acting skills. The casting director doesn't know Asian/Chinese if it kicked her in the ass and then pinched her nipples. Katie doesn't look like a typical Chinese girl. She looks like a mix of Vietnamese and Filipino. J.K. Rowling is ugliER ... ick ... fake blonde with too much botox and an industry she doesn't deserve. She was lucky pop-culture was caught up in that "Fantasy" craze, not to mention that she popped out three volumes of HP on the book shelves so no one would miss her name. Well, spread the publicity, as long as I don't have to see her face.

Ugh, I would've totally auditioned had I been a couple years younger and had some passable British accent. Am I jealous? Sure. But only because the prettier, better Asian actresses are underestimated. Like you all say, the "poser" Cho Changs are so much prettier and at least smile in their pictures.

If Katie Leung does indeed suck at acting on the big screen, I'm gonna throw something at her enlarged face while in the movie theater.

PBloom
"Anyways, I think Emma Watson can act also." -- Jaime13

Emma is a beautiful, sweet girl, but she needs to stop enunciating like her life depends on it.

PBloom
*continues rant* EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeewwww, Clemence Poesy as Fleur Delacour!???!?!?? Dude, that's HEINOUS!!! She looks like she's 30!!

Check out her nastiness:
news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pictures/galleries/newsid_3806000/3806301.stm

*Georgina_A*
^^ I totally agree with that. I heard they really rushed the decision and just chose the girl who they thought looked most like how Cho is described. IMO, they went so wrong.

PBloom
sick Rushed the decision? &gt;.&lt; Anyway, yeah, I'm new to the community; it drew me in because I wanted to rant about Katie Leung so badly, lol.

zabini_slytheri
hiiiiiiiii i'm back after such a long time... nice to see this still going.

katie sucks, she really does. hate the look. smile

*Georgina_A*
^^ laughing out loud

bliss_x
katie's okay for me. well, at first, i was expecting some great oriental beauty or something. i just got my hopes way too up. just be thankful that they didn't cast HEART EVANGELISTA (from the philippines) to be cho. she's an annoying little prick. she and emma would get along well, actually.

oh, and, the news here in the philippines is so slow. they reported that heart evangelista has auditioned and crap for the part.. they interviewed her.. but when they interviewed her and all, cho chang has already been casted. it was like, in the internet for 2 weeks already that katie leung had been casted for cho chang. but then the media here in the philippines decided to ignore it and still praise heart evangelista for auditioning and blah blah. i don't know. i think she was one of the finalists thing or something. i don't really know. please forgive me if im wrong.

zabini_slytheri
yeah i don't like heart evangelista either.

they had better not turn GoF into a harry/cho sappy romance thing. otherwise i am so boycotting harry potter.

MGF
When will you guys stop hating her because of her looks?

cady132
I dont think that she is that bad looking, but it was a dissapointment...i thought that she was gonna look perfect.

CabaZ
Omg!!! that girl is gonna b Cho Chang??? sick
no....the truth...is she katie Loung?? i'm disappointed... they schould have chosen a prettier one! we r talkin bout Harry Potter in here!! big grin

I love him!! n daniel 2 !! big grin

CabaZ

PS: im new here... is this a HP-fan site or ...? id like 2 noe wink

"VaNiTaS- es ist alles eitel"

my heart belong
she is so pale and please tell me about fake katie.the onley one i've seen is her talking on her cell phone.she isn't athletic and socialy coordinated.cho is a seeker for ravenclaw and katie is the exact opposite of what ib thought cho should be. confused rolling on floor laughing sad messed by the way,i love dan love

Maximum-Degree
I agree with you guys about this Katie Leung person not being what I expected the book's Cho Chang to look like. She really isnt all that nice looking, and she looks a little too tubby, pale, and non-athletic to play the role of Cho as well as I would have liked. However, as you guys have said before; I cant judge her until I've seen her acting. But what is up with Emma Watson? I she like really bratty or something in real life, because I've heard she's nice...and you guys are saying that you hope Katie isnt another Emma. ????? I'm a little confused there.........

Whats pretty funny is, I was actually considering trying out for Cho Chang's part. I know, lol lol...I'm not pure asian or even Chinese or anything. It was suggested by my acting teacher--he thought I might like it. Not to be like a full-tilt brat, but I think i look a little better than ol' Katie here. stick out tongue confused

Sirius766
I don't agree with any of you!! I'm sure she is right for the part otherwise she wouldn't have been picked!!

P.S Emma and Rupert are good actors!! rolling on floor laughing miffed

sleepismybunny
I think Cho chang is aight, she is supposed to GORgeous, well preetier than Emma, and by the looks of it (lol-pun intended) she really isn't. Well at least we'll c her acting skill, and she might be better cho chang looking in camera---- ps. Really hope u kno asian girls in America are so much hotter, really i would kno, i am onewinkDid I say hot, i mean BURNING! lol- just kiddin sorta... big grin smokin' rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance laughing laughing out loud wink roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue sorry can't get enuff of the smiles!

RebelPhoenix
Wait to see her in all the stage make up and under the lights before we judge her 'appearance' as Cho. As for those phone pics, we all look 'average' and not our best in every photo that's taken of us, especially if we're not even aware of it - she could look really different. As for her body, how old is she and isn't she supposed to be portraying a 14/15 year old? So no matter how much sport you play you can't be expected to be ultra toned or even deemed as 'hot' at that age - puberty isn't even over yet. Plus, the nature of Quidditch would allow for a number of body types but if it was to actively change or enhance your figure it would probably have a streamlining effect in general but still that would be dependent on a number of factors not just the activity.

I agree with a number of people here though on waiting to see her acting as well. I know as book fans we can have high expectations of film adaptations but put it this way - lets just hope it's not another miscast like Sirius! But then again, some people liked him no expression

Sweet-sixteen
your only say those things about katie caz you don't whant her kiss dan

Sweet-sixteen
but i amit she was supose to be better looking than emma but she is still cute

RebelPhoenix
LMAO! Are you talking to me? laughing out loud

That would just be disgusting if that were one of my reasons, I'm 22 messed

Oh wait, it can't have been me cos I was defending her whistle

Still though - gave me a fright lol! wink

Jessing
Hey guys! (or girls)

I don't like katie, and i don't think they're being fair... see, why can they ask some ABCs or ACs to try out for cho chang? i don't see the difference!?! I mean, ok, you can't have a Chinese from China, because they can't speak English, but a ABC or a AC can(100%).

P.S. ABC = America Born Chinese
AC= America Chinese

Hello! my name is Jesse! eek! rolling on floor laughing

me0w
the girl in the pic i attached auditioned for cho's part.. i think she's pretty and she fits cho's character..

Jessing
ME0W?
Who is this girl? where did you find that pic? how do you know she auditioned? and how old is she?
(sorry, too many questions)

Jessing

me0w
her name is heart evangelista... i know that she auditioned cuz thats what she said in our local news.. i saw that pic in a certain website... i dont really know her age...

Jessing
Originally posted by me0w
her name is heart evangelista... i know that she auditioned cuz thats what she said in our local news.. i saw that pic in a certain website... i dont really know her age...

Thank you Me0w!
and yes, she's prettier katie. but she looked a little old tho.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ignite
she looks way better than katie....but maybe katie is a really good actress?...then her looks wuldnt matter soo much,

Jessing
yeah, or maybe Heart's already famous, so they might want to find sum1 new?!?!

me0w
yeah, maybe katie acts THAT well..

Jessing
maybe.... but we'll see, if she's not good, we'll find a way to kick her off, if she'd good, we'll leave her alone....(lol) stick out tongue

luv_danrad*^^*
i dun like her!! she so ugley!! they only chose the dauter of the producer!!!!!!! is she rely the daughter of the producer? anyway just plz not her!!! i dun think she's even good at actin!!!! she's not pretty~!

danielforever
i HATE her!!!!!!!!!!! i think she paid to get the part..!!!!!!!!!!

shes not worthy to kiss dan dan!!! =( YOU s*** katie!

Elondra
Oh for f ucks sake just get on with it.

She was chosen
She'll be in the films
She'll kiss Dan.

Get a life.

Jessing
Originally posted by Elondra
Oh for f ucks sake just get on with it.

She was chosen
She'll be in the films
She'll kiss Dan.

Get a life.

(Don't take this offensive, but...)
If you don't care,
then why are you here?
confused

me0w
here are some of katie's pic.. i think she's pretty here...

me0w

celdee_bluegrif
in my own opinion although i haven't seen yet katie acting. well, she's not appropriate to be cho chang..... cho chang describes as extremely beautiful and i'm really dissapoint it. perhaps make-up and lights will help her roll eyes (sarcastic)

goodgirl
She has a really baby face don't u think? she's meant to be a seeker!!!!!!!! let's just hope they'll cover up her flat nose.

Jessing
Originally posted by me0w
here are some of katie's pic.. i think she's pretty here...

denzy
I think Katie Leung is very pretty, and i think its appalling that you describe oriental and asian girls as not being very attractive! The producers and JK Rowling obviously liked Katie so i think you should quit criticising her and wait to see what she can do on screen.

PINKFAN
Wots the big deal? You are all just saying that because you are jealous!
Oh wow she's going to kiss daniel radcliffe big deal! I think you should just leave the girl alone. I'm guessing you are all still going to see the film aren't you? But, oh my god! you cant because another girl will be kissing daniel radcliffe! I think she looks great for the part. And anyway dont judge her before you've even seen her in the film!

alandotwong
I live in Scotland and I live near Katie. I think its really unfair to judge Katies looks just in a news paper photo! im just so glad an Asian chinese girl has got a great part in a big movie. The popular chinese actresses over here are lucy liu and zhang ziyi who i think is brilliant!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

miamiheatwave
er...all those pics you all are throwing around in this forum....they are FAKE. FAKE, according to mugglenet. some smart genius photoshopped the pic with emma on the right of her...

miamiheatwave
Oh, yeah by the way!!!!! CHO'S A FLAT CHARACTER, IT'S NOT LIKE SHE'S IMPORTANT....ANYWAY HARRY'S GOING TO HAVE A NEW LOVE IN THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE, SO WHAT????? ARE YOU YOU GOING TO DISS THAT NEW GIRL TOO????? HUH???

bobagirl
I find this thread to be seriously disturbing. I'm kinda shocked at the amount of racism here. I see you guys constantly commenting on her 'ugly flat nose' or saying things like 'considering how most uk asians are ugly'....I didn't know there was so much hatred for asian people among you caucasians..(I'm assuming most of you are white)..which is sad because asian people hold no such beliefs against white people. This has seriously given me a new perspective on people.

IceWithin
same here, katie lueng is ugly IMO, but I have nothing against asians whatsoever

alandotwong
it just seems to me like a lot of people are jealous of Katie. She must be having the last laugh as there are hundreds of websites talking about her and even this chat is dedicated all to her! if your a nobody then we wouldnt all be having this discussion!

zakkati
Maybe the guys who make the films know a little bit more about casting than us lesser mortals? I think Katie is a great choice. Give her a chance, huh?

alandotwong
i cant wait to see katie on screen i think she will be great! wot happened to sticking up for your people from your own culture!

Im really excited as i live in the town next to hers so i dont know if i've even seen her before! Glasgow is really small so there could be a possiblity that i've seen her!

_mambo_jambo_
Look you guys... what is the problem? I think Katie will be great... good luck to her and all the best! So why don't you stop criticising her.. you don't even know her or seen her act have you? No... so quit it! There's no need for it... jealousy is a hard thing to deal with.. so you just got to bite the bullet..... lets get real here .. do you really think that Daniel will pick you? or even give you a chance? I think not some how!

carcar
There must be a reason for JK Rowling to choose her. Maybe she can act very well. I really wonder why many people hate her...she is quite good...look cool & not so ugly as most of you said at all...it's not fair~ i believe you hate her just because she get to kiss daniel radcliffe, but not how she look...
Learn to respect others & to be considerate plz~i think she is bearing a great deal of stress& feeling very upset now...poor girl&gt;"&lt;

_mambo_jambo_
Ah i don't think it was JK Rowling that chooses her.... its the casting people, which i don't think includes JK Rowling... but i do agree the must be a reason why they chose her! As i said before... Good Luck to her! big grin XxX

I<3KL
She is fine for the part of Cho. I am totally with Elondra on this one.

WHOEVER IS JEALOUS THAT DANIEL RADCLIFFE IS KISSING HER SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Here's why.

1. That's kinda sad.
2. You and millions of others wich the same thing. Face it, it's not gonna happen.
3. You love him so much, yet your making his life miserable by practically forbidding him to KISS ANYONE!
4. Leave Katie alone, it's not her problem, and nor is it yours. It's sad enough that you're getting so worked up over a thing like this.
5. Imagine if all these crap comments youve been saying about Katie were about you, my word youd feel like complete shit, so everybody should just get over the fact that she's been, cast end of story. You people will not be able to change anything. Hating her is a waste of your time and proves that you are complete losers.

If you don't agree with me, no point contradicting me, I couldn't care less what you think.

you_r_pathetic
Way to come online from your parents basement to make fun of an actress for playing a character that kisses another character played by your darling Daniel Radcliffe. Yeah, well I hate you for having green socks because I don't, blah blah blah, ***** this and ***** that. Get a ****in life. You're jealous of a character, a fictional (not real for all you slow ones out there) character. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I WISH ILL ON YOU ALL. And just for the record I have no particular opinion on Daniel Radcliffe, Katie Leung, the Harry Potter films, etc. I just think you're all a bunch of losers for hating on a young girl who's doing what she loves. Idiots.

*This is not directed at anyone using this site except for the small percentage of morons who decided to use vulgar, racist language directed towards Ms. Leung for absolutely no reason. The rest of you have a great day!

Fandom Avenger
You people are sick.

1. Who cares that she doesn't look exactly like your image of Cho Chang? I can almost guarantee that you will never, ever find an actor that looks exactly like everyone's version of a character. Ever. She's not your character anyway, she's JKR's, so if she looks like JKR's image of Cho rather than yours, then that's going to have to work.

2. She is not ugly. You have seen a grand total of three pictures of her, all of them candid, and you have no basis to judge her looks on. No one will look good in every single picture taken of them. It's a fact of life. Stop ragging on her.

3. So she might kiss Daniel. SO FRIGGING WHAT? He is an actor. She is an actress. If they are supposed to kiss in the movie, they are going to kiss and there's nothing you can do to stop them. It's a screenkiss, for crying out loud. Acting. Not realy. Get it into your head.
Besides, it's not like Dan will ever kiss you. He probably doesn't even know any of you exist, aside from a general "group of fans" perspective. He will never kiss you, nor proclaim his undying love for you, no matter what your mommy told you, so stop being so protective. He doesn't need it, nor does he want it. Get over it.

4. You're all being petty, shallow, and racist. It's sick. No one likes petty, shallow, or racist people. It doesn't make you a "beautiful" person, so why are you doing it? Go do something productive. Soemthing that will make yourself genuinely likeable, which you most certainly aren't right now.

If you don't like what I've said, there's no point in yelling at me or getting all whiney on my arse, because I could care less.

Get. Over. It.
I don't understand how you all can base how pretty she is or judge her looks from a few candid snapshots.
Why do you feel the need to insult a girl whom you have never met or seen on screen? Is it because there is something you don't like about yourself? Does it make you feel better to talk about other people's flaws?

Crazed fangirls of the world, you make me sick. If you think Dan Radcliffe is good looking, fine.
Think that, but be mature enough to distinguish between fiction and reality and between an actor and a character.
I hope you do realise that there is a difference.
This whole issue seems to based on the fact that there are a few jealous fangirls who wish they could get a part like this. This would probably disgust Dan, too -that there are people so "set" on him that they would bash an innocent actress who may or may not screen kiss him in a film based on books the people are supposed to be fans of.

On the issue of her athleticism- You are aware of something called training, no? This is most likely what they would do if they felt Katie's body didn't look the part enough. They don't just pass random people through to get a part. This isn't American Idol.

Well, /rant, and don't go off at me(or do-if it makes you feel better) because I really don't care what you think.

Its.Just.Random
Actually, most actors have to go through some kind of training to fill a part. Some of it is even gaining weight that's far beyond what they should gain in a small amount of time.

If you haven't noticed most actors and actresses look very horrid in their pictures when they aren't wearing make-up. This is because the make-up artists are good and the life they lead wears on them. If I'm not mistaken years back there was a fuss about John Travolta because he had to gain a lot of weight for a part then a month or so later be in another movie which he had to lose a lot of weight for.

So I'm certain that Katie, who I think is a very beautiful girl, will be in good shape for the movie and you need to keep in mind Seekers have to be small and lithe, which most Chinese are, so they can maneuver well, so I think her build fits a Seeker well.

D2Diamond
Well it's obvious that this thread was started by a group of little girls who have yet to hit puberty. It's also very sad to see such hatred for another stranger all because they're are insanely jealous that they are not her. It's also very discouraging to see that they have blurred the line between fantasy and reality and have forgotten that Harry Potter and Cho Chang are only fictional characters created by a very creative and inspiring woman.

I won't go into how childish all of the Katie-haters are, as it's already been pointed out by the more mature users who have posted. I will say however that I am very disappointed, and can only hope that such bigots, hypocrites, and immaturity is not a common trait among young girls with internet access, and you lot are of a small and few group.

OrDiNaRy
actually..i'm sick of people disliking her....

^
that person from another website is right....

I<3KL
Well I'm real happy that you guys agree with me! And I can think you points were very good. People who hate Katie should read through these last 6 or so posts cause they are so true.

Katie LEung is a beautiful girl and i cant wait to see her play Cho chang in harry potter!

alandotwong
i do think though that she isnt as pretty though as some other asian girls. lets hope shes good at acting

Mourning Glory
What it all comes down to is pure, infantile, selfish, hateful jealousy. She got something they have always wanted and they didn't; thus the temper tantrums.

Don't Hate
I will begin my post by stating that everyone in this world has the right to be stupid. A lot of you on here are abusing that privilege.

Right now on to why you are all complete and utter morons.

As stated above by the lovely people who are actually mature, Daniel Radcliffe will never love you. No matter how many times the love calculator gave you 100% Those things are just for amusement in case you hadn't guessed. They are very much like the world of Harry Potter and all of it's inhabitants. Fiction, i.e. not real!

I'm going to say this slowly so you understand.

Harry. Potter. is. a. fictional. fantasy.book. which. was. created. by J.K. Rowling. All. of. the. characters. came. from. inside. her. head. The. films. based. on. the. books. are. (amazingly) also. fictional.

I will not pause to allow your small brains to process this. It shall obviously take a while.

Katie has not killed your family, and nor has she stolen your boyfriend. She is probably a lovely girl, who it has been stated by her father, has seen these sort's of comments and all the hate sites, and is feeling an immense ammount of pressure.

I personally must say I admire her strength to carry on filming when so many people who are obviously sharing a single brain cell are all ragging on her for no apparent reason.

Jealousy is really not a good enough reason to be so racist. I am ashamed to say that I am unfortunately of the same race (the human one in case you didn't guess) as you idiots.

Katie Leung looks fine. There is nothing wrong with her nose. It adds to her beauty.

As to her body type, it really doesn't matter. As someone before me mentioned, there is a wondrous thing called training and preperation for a part. Did you really think Orlando Bloom could fire an arrow, or ride a horse like that before LotR's? No he didn't. He trained for the part, and prepared.
Rennee Zellweger had to put on weight for the part of Bridget Jones, in Bridget Jones Diary. She then had to lose it again for another part.

Also pbloom, JKRowling is not in the industry because of her looks. It is purely her mind we are interested in, and the little people inside of it who are giving her such wondrous idea's for books. Harry Potter is not a success because of some "Fantasy" craze as you called it. Harry Potter was around well before any craze set about. The fanbase was there long before any craze's. It just happened that by the time GoF was released, there had been an uproar in publicity, and so it's popularity soared.

My post's are not directed at anybody who is sensible, and actually has a viable reason to dislike a person. (This means they have seen them act, have met them, and they disliked them for one reason or another. Please don't think I'm including you if you dislike Katie for a petty reason such as she's going to be in a film on the big screen. Shock Horror that somebody can actually have a bit of luck allowing them to get that chance) Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions, so just know that this is mine, and no matter how much bitching you do to me, I will take it all collect it, and then send it all straight back with interest. That would be of course if I deem to take time from my schedule to read your petty comments.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>