Cradle Of Filth - Any Goths Out There?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korri
great band!

loserib
yeah i saw them live over the summer good show

killercorpes69
cradle of filth kicks ass: evil face

grymlock
awesome band!! i saw them once in UK... i collect their from their 1st album the principle of evil made fleash until 5th album from the cradle to enslave...

cheers mate!!

Korri
rock

wicker_man
Pretty big fan of them also, listeining to there Midien album at present great album.

BackFire349
oh man, they're terrible. They wouldn't be half bad were it not for their singers horrible voice. Sounds like he just takes a cat, brings it up to the mic, and just squeezes it as hard as he can.

Korri
its called death metal u idiot *slaps BF*

grymlock
nope they are melody black metal... death metal are like deicide, death, morbid angel, sepultura (old) etc...

cheers!!

BackFire349
oh man, they aren't death metal in the least

If you want death metal go listen to deicide or morbid angel, not cradle of shit.

heaven's_a_lie
YEEZ...CRADLE THERE BAD @$$ shifty

AnImE_ChAoS
bunny ok all of you cradle Fans or haters, wattever... post what you like about them or dislike about them here! also just talk random bollocks coz thats always fun to!
Happy Dance
as for what i say, well i could go on for hours about them, they have done alot of good and bad for me and my crappy life i must say. they may scream and shout loads, they have to be one of the top in the realms of the darker music tasteslove i simply adore them like gods of the underworld! devil as for some of you lucky enough to see them i will kill you eventually... huh
Bastards!! sad i still have yet to see them live unfortunatly so i will hold on to my little evil style till i see them live. stick out tongue...mwuhahahahaaaaaaaa.....
bunny
shifty
*makes bunny hold a meat cleaver, making it more stylish*
..would the bunny chop itself up if it held a meat cleaver do you reckon? coz it like......rolls....and..it could like...loose a major vital area if male... no expression

dean7879
i think they are good...my fav songs are fear of the dark and lord abortion

loserib
they are great live i seen them last year on ozzfest got some killer pics of that show i post them later

AnImE_ChAoS
hehe! i know their great!!eek!, your way lucky to have seen them Loserib! i hate you for all eternity.. shifty....my faveorite songs just have to be the following cool

Damnation and A Day Album.
Better to reign in hell
Serpent Tounge
Babalon A.D
Mannequin

Lovecraft & Witch hearts
Disc1
Her Ghost in the fog
Twisted nails of Faith
from the cradle to the enslave
Lord Abortion
Disc2
For Those who died
Dawn of Eternity
Dance Macabre
Hell awaits
And then every song on every other cd also, cant be arsed to name them lol, takes to long to type and well you guys probably know them anyway.. stick out tongue but yea they are my most favoriteswink
bunny

Df02
saw them at Download for about 10mins, not that good (but im not into that kind of music), good stage show tho smile

i walked off after 10mins and watched 36crazyfists i think confused

AnImE_ChAoS
laughing out loud trust me, in my life, you where lucky to have seen them that long...erm...*hates him for eternity to*...no expression....
hmmmm...shifty
to you they arn't good, to me they are a dark heaven.. stick out tongue
bunny

Df02
i watched Danni Filth on an English game show.....they took this piss for 30straight minutes....hes like 4'2 -.-

dean7879
what game show was that??

BackFire
They sound like crap being strung through a vaccuum cleaner. They are noise, at best. The lead singer has one of the worst screaming voices I've ever heard.

On top of that, gothics like them alot, therefor I do not. However, even if goths didn't like them, they'd still sound like crap.

AnImE_ChAoS
bunny i do admit some of their songs i have to skip oz i just cant stand that amount of screaming and im a goth. i used to hate them and i also said to my mother..''i will never like KoRn, Slipknot or Cradle' year later im in to them the most. dont judge people coz what music they listen to man, or what they dress in, just because we may not fit your lifestyle or the things we do and like dont, dont mean we are doing anything wrong. i like everybody personally, i have all music on my playlist and all different clothes and shit, if townies ignore me i ignore them, they start on me i start back, most of the time though, i just walk away coz i really can't stant falling out with people. plus, not all goths are the same, some are druged up ****s, some self harm for fun, or for depression, music like cradle and slipkont is like a release of anger when we listen to it, its angry and meaningfull if you listen to it in the way we do. heh..wow i whent fully in to that one didn't i O.Ostick out tongue..well yea theres my point say what ya like, people change, people are different, it sux but its life and then you die..bunny

BackFire
One thing almost all goths do however, they all dress and act the way they do for attention.

Also, I like Korn, and Slipknot. But cradle of filth has too little melody and too much ugly screaming.

Deathblow
I agree. I'm fine with music being hard and agressive, but Cradle cross the line and often it's hard to call them music at all, it's just....noise.

Df02
music is different to different people, ive got Cd's that are pretty much just white noise played at different tones.....

and i think it was never mind the buzzcocks he was on, the one where they have that section "what do these 4 celebrities have in common?" confused

dean7879
even though most of it is noise, it is still good...lord abortion has a good sound and fear of the dark is noise but it is still class in my opinion

Polly
I've heard them I think they're okay, but I have'nt heard too much

spanky420
i think they are an awsome band but im not goth im juss...me

Spicy_Mchaggis
i dont really like cradle of filth that much just because some of their lyrics are disguisting. sorry. they have good music though. i really like zao, norma jean, and living sacrifice better. those bands sound alot like cradle.

moshtitan
none of those bands sound any way similar to CoF.you compared Norma Jean(ultra Christian Hardcore) to Cradle(ultra Black metal). this is like saying ozzy sounds like metallica. horrible comparison.and as far cradle goes, there a pretty decent band, but if your looking for some good European black metal, then you should check out Dimmu Borgir(partly comprised of the old Cradle drummer) they blow Cradle away. and i surprised at so many people thinking that cradle scream too much. most of cradles songs are actaully very melodic compared to most black metal bands.i also noticed that AnImE-ChAoS metioned "i just cant stand that amount of screaming and im goth" first of all Crdle is no where near being goth metal. a good example of goth metal is lacuna coil. second of all, there is a difference between being a black metal dresser and a goth. you PROBSLLY have this image of goths as someone who paints their fingernails, and wear all black, when actually Goths are much more extreme. think vampirish.Vlad the Impaler was a real goth. todays social outcast have been wrongfully labeled goth. most people have never even seen a real goth. os saying this, its surprising to me that you even listen to cradle as most GOTHs listen to bands more along the lines of lacuna coil and such(very melodic fueled by hammering guitar riffs).and as far as Danny Filth having a "ugly" scream,this is one reason Cradle are as revered as they are.

Df02
Cradle are a band that people trying to be goths can claim as their own to try and sound extreme....

i dont even like Dimmu Borgir, but theyre better than Cradle

moshtitan
good taste....and i like your view on the subject.

Fearnix
yeah i like them but i mostly lisen to harder death smile

moshtitan
death metal rules. evil face

Fearnix
you said it rock

loserib

RebelPhoenix
My partner suggested I listen to Her Ghost in the Fog once and after that I listened to alot of their other stuff too. I did like that one track he recommended and a few others but even though they did a lot for death metal early in their careers I think they've become somewhat generic similarly to impact of Dimmu Borgir.

I also agree with most of Moshtitan said on page 2 about current goth trends, general misconception about image (from supposed 'goths' plus people who look at it and judge) and real gothic culture. Oh and also the melodic death/goth metal that many are into, I just think that Lacuna Coil is a kind of borderline example - yep they fit in the right category but I think they are somewhat 'diluted' in terms of the genre let alone metal in general - and better examples might be bands like Theatre (English spelling stick out tongue) of Tragedy, Rain Fell Within, Tristania etc. But anyway, you made good points smile

angrygoatboy
okay...the fact of the matter is CoF IS goth metal. there are SO many black metal bands that can prove CoF isn't black metal. Dimmu Borgir is perhaps the most mainstream example of such. that being said, you cannot listen to CoF, KoRn, Slipknot, and Marilyn Manson and parade yourself as a goth. you're basically nothing more than a unreasonably depressed nu metal kid with too much time on your hands, leaving you to turn introspective and become unfoundedly "depressed"(i realize i used the same word in one sentence, so before you try to make me look like a moron for doing so, i figure i might as well say it was intentional)

but that may very well just be my 2 cents.

finti
COF also has very much black metal elements in its music

BackFire
Yep, but they're still crappy.

finti
matter of opinion

loserib
man how can you put korn in the same catigory as the allmighty slipknot

Fearnix
i like them but they are just not as good as other death bands

and i agree with finti they have a hint of black metal

BackFire
Obviously. Still one of the worst bands I've heard. Noise, nothing more. No rhythm, no beat, no melody, just some guy with a terrible and awkward voice yelling. I guess it fits with the music though, terrible generic music deserves to have one of the worst lead singers out there.

Deathblow
There's no such genre as goth metal. Its just a composite of black/death/industrial metal bands that happen to appeal to 'goths' for whatever reason. Goth rock exists, but its a different thing altogether.

Dimmu Borgir mainstream...in what world?

It doesn't matter what you listen to, 'goths' are just another teenage clique that dress and act a certain way. I bet half of those 12 year old kids who wear black eye-liner and dog collars and what not go home at night and listen to Britney Spears. Its all just image.

The term nu metal kid is pathetic. I listen to Sepultura, Killswitch Engage, Dark Throne and Anotherdeadsupermodel, but I also listen to Deftones, Sevendust, Static X, Mudvayne and Korn. I'm neither depressed nor a kid. It pisses me off how people generalise nu metal as a watered down version of the genre. Its actually one of the most creative and diverse sub-genres there is.

Sorry if that sounded rude.

Fearnix
there is such music as gothic such as type O negative
but Cof is no goth its mainstream death

finti
good call man.

If I were to label them after their latest album I would say progressive neo black metal, dont know if the genre exist but thats what they are to me. They dare to experiment on a wide scale with black, death, thrash, gothic/industrial, and symphonic metal.
I am no Dimmu fan but have to acknowledge that thye are talented musicians even if it is noise to me

Darth Revan
I... dislike... Cradle of Filth...

Kaleanae
What does it mean to be a goth?

Deathblow
It means your a disillusioned teenager who loves the idea of being in a depressive rut, but wants to be in more of a hardcore depressive rut than all other teenagers, and so they turn this depression into a fashion statement by dressing up like a drunk color-blind clown and looking moody all the time. It really has nothing to do with music.

Fearnix
it not at all about that i have met real goths aged 34,27 and 24 you are on about teenagers who try to hard to be alternative

Deathblow
Sad, sad people.

Fearnix
who??? confused

Deathblow
30 year old 'goths'.

Fearnix
they have been like that for like 20 odd years and i dont think they care realy

angrygoatboy
blah...goth metal generally is considered a sub genre of rock. the thing is, there are several different ranges of goth metal. evanesence is a goth metal band that is quite nu metal. CoF is a goth metal band that some label black metal(including CoF...but that doesn't make it true).

another thing, yes Dimmu Borgir IS very mainstream, if we're talking black metal. there are some very underground black metal acts most have never heard of. Necrophagia(sucks...), Beyond the Sixth Seal, etc. most of it's Eurpoean.

and lumping Korn and Slipknot in the same category just happens to come from their fan base. a bunch of fat, smelly nu metal kids, mostly. i, too, actually like Slipknot, but the fact remains, their fan base is much less than intellectual.

hmm...what else have i left out...blah, i can't think...i'm not trying to sound like an elitist here. i actually like CoF, generally hate goth metal, as i also dislike a good 75% of black metal bands. it just seems a lot of statements no here are rather uninformed.

Fearnix
thumb up angrygoatboy

necropedophile
please follow the rules when making your post necropedophile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Nymphetamine
lol thats a joke gothic is of who you are not what every one else wants you to be i use to lissen to rock and from hard rock i got into death metal not because of the screaming u got to go behind that u got to take every thing in the music togather u cant pin point black metal like u go with korn u got to take every thing being played and lissen to it as one

i love cradle of filth but i dont only lissen to them i also love pink floyd and marylon manson like music were thier is a meaning behind the words like a darker meaning.

ya im gothic but i dont paint my face i dont have really long hair and i dont hate preps every one thinks gothic people hate every one who is rich and is a prep to tell u the truth i use to wear abercrombie and fitch and american eagle and right now im dateing a girl who does you can go around labeling all goths under one name. every one has thier own reasons for doing it. its not like one hidden message.

if ur thinking we do it because were poor thats totaly wrong my parents probably onw 1/4 if not half of my town of 5 thousand people and they give 10 thousand people jobs...

by the way those clothing compannys abercrombie and american eagle are american big time clothing compannys that cost 60 to 80 $ a shirt

slashwristbarbi
Im not gonna get involved in this debate about what is goth and what isnt, cos its damn stupid.

Instead, Im going to say I just got Nymphetamine, and its brilliant, especially the title track. This is my first CoF album, and I am definatly a convert!

Ronny
COF is ok erm not something i would listen to regularly though erm

StinkFist462
yea dude i first heard CoF on the Resident Evil : Apocolypse soundtrack and now i love em .. i like number 10 on there new CD .. i think its called " English Fire "

SlipknoT
They're ok nothing great

Filth
Thay f**king rock, what else do i need to say?

SlipknoT
actually I'm starting to like them more and more

Filth
Being a goth is a statment, its not done because were poor everyone has there own resons why we do what we do, what f**king pisses me of is people who hate goths, or as i would say a "chav" and there seem to be a lot in this tread considering this is a goth thread!!!

Elvira2005
cradle of filth r good but they do think they r the only band who can sing down the microphone screaming and come out no 1 there r other ones such as slayer,marilyn manson,Nine Inch Nails,deftones,slipknot. to me cradle of filth do the same they dont really explore with there music were others do and over the years i have seen how different bands explore different techniques and so what if the new way is crap at least they can say they have tried and have put it out there to the public.

what do u think? wink

Df02
being a goth has nothing to do with being poor, in the majority of cases its to do with being a spoilt rich little brat who feels the need to 'rebel' against their perfect little life.

ofc there are some who genuinely have issues and go into depressive moods and wear the whole goth image... but thats a very small percentage

dean7879
i love there song fear of the dark
i also reccomend babylon ad, better to reign in hell, lord abortion and black metal...those are my personal favourites

Filth
Fear of the dark, is that not iron maiden?

BackFire
You know, earlier today I took a massive shit, and the sound that it made coming out of my ass reminded me of this band except it was a bit more melodic.

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

Filth
Very funny.........

Df02
probably looked better to...and more taltened, if u count swimming as a talent

Filth
Why do people continue to insult cradle? there a f**king great band your just to ignorant to know it

wicker_man
Its called the Internet, people will continue to hound your beliefs just to provoke a reaction and looks like they are winning this round.

dean7879
yeah but cradle did a cover of it

dean7879
u obviously havent heard 'better to reign in hell' or 'babylon ad'

u cant slate a band like cradle of filth unless you dont like metal music
you have to understand that most metal music isnt about nice melodic tunes...its about hardcore head bangin destruction!
cradle rule!

BackFire
Uh, I love metal music, that is to say, good metal music. There is no rule that states that a metal band is devoid of melody or a beat. There are plenty of metal bands that are extremely "headbangable" and also have a damn good melody and beat to their songs. Case in point, Pantera. Loud, hardcore music but also melodic and foot tapping good.

There is a subtle difference between metal music and noise, Cradle of filth is noise.

Cinemaddiction
..or we can just be exercising our right to express what we feel is brutal honesty.

Dillinger Escape Plan is noise, Cradle of Filth is just a group of comedic musicians who saw one too many vampire movies.

wicker_man
Or

"can just be exercising our right to express what we feel is brutal opinion"

Cinemaddiction
Well, since were obviously splitting hairs here, I said "what we feel" to drive home the point that the "brutal honesty" is our opinion.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up how eerily "similar" Dani Filth's vocals are to Carcass vox, just with a signature "scream".

Falling4Daniel_
COF are alright, I like their type of music. I also like their way of living, though I am not satanic and do not perform sacrifices on aminals. They're perfect art.

Filth
Cradle of filth are a f**king great band, Cinemaddiction did you not notice that no one gives a f**king s**t abouut your opinion?

Cinemaddiction
For you to get so irritated by it, and respond so venemously, apparently you do.

That said, I do admire your devotion, as topical as it may be.

AcrypT
Black metal/Death metal Whatever you choose to call it is just to much similar to the sound of a crumpling plastic bag amplified x100 for my liking. COF may be a realy great band in the eyes of people who like that kind of music but to me their just noise. 5 minutes of listening to them, my head starts pounding and I feel like I'm about to have a sesiure of some sort. From what I've heard from friends of mine who do like Death Metal COF are amoung the best in what they do but that doesn't make me like them more than I don't.

Mr Zero
I'm no fan of Cough, sorry COF - but it seems to me that any thread that is started by someone who says in Post #1

Is open to people saying what they dislike about the band, so all you whiny cough lovers that are yelling shaddap! shaddap! are in the wrong ****ing thread.

Or is it just me? Did I make a mistake and read the thread before commenting? ooops.

SlipknoT
I'm listening to Medusa and Hemlock right now, good song.

Filth
Wow you admire my devotion well thats a first, why wont people cut the s**t Cradle are a good band that can not be doubted (if you like black metal) i personally am sick of hearing that its just loud noise i could probably say that about your music (especially if you like rap)

Falling4Daniel_
*Raises eyebrow*

dc rules
you say your a goddam goth then why the hell do you complain about them screamin their goddam goths thats there job to scream i recomend that you listen to franz ferdinand or green day cause all there songs are low key just a bit of advice

Filth
I agree with you there, cradle kick ass and if you dont like it the what in hells name are you doing posting here?

*Danii*
I'm not a huge fan of metal or whatever, but I like CoF, and Medusa and Hemlock was on Kerrang's Best of 2004 CD, along with Green Day and Biffy Clyro, which are also great bands. I'm not a goth, but i still like CoF, and if people gave them a chance instead of imediately catagorising them into a genre that theyve decided they dont like, maybe they might appreciate CoF's music more.
Hell, I hated Pixies when I first heard them and nowew theyre my fave band!

SlipknoT
I just picked up Nymphetamine yesterday, great album!

SlipknoT
I love the video for scorthched Earth

belly_jeans349
hmm i like COF, i want their new album...but i cant find it anywhere, anyone know where i could find it? i got the new slipknot cd, subliminal verses....only few good songs.

SlipknoT
mm, I like all of the songs........

MornGlory
i miss grunge cry

Filth
Nymphetamine is good but Midian is better, i also like Lovecraft and witchhearts

belly_jeans349
my favorite album is midian! and my two favorite songs are her ghost in the fog & for those who died...what all of your favorite songs from cradle of filth?

SlipknoT
I love that song Guilded ****

Filth
my fav's are:
Satanic Mantra
Nemesis
Filthy little secret
Nyphetemine
Guilded c**t
Bourn in a burriel ground
Better to reign in hell

loads more but cant be assed typing them out big grin

belly_jeans349
oh yea better to reign in hell is a good one too i never heard of guilded **** ill have to hear that one smile

Syren
I'm not a Goth but Dani Filth does have something.... I wouldn't say it was charisma but, mmm wink

Fearnix
CoF are so-so not amazing but there pretty good 7/10

belly_jeans349
not the best ever but i listen to them every now and then

dean7879
im goin to see them 14th april up wolverhamton
im gonna wear my wolves football t shirt to annoy all the goths and greebo's

SlipknoT
Greebos?

dean7879
lol its a word used in england to describe people who dress like goths
basically its another word for a goth

SlipknoT
Oh ok

Red X
...Ergh... I dont listen to it, but my G/F whos a goth just goes on and on about it... And its getting annoyingstick out tongue

Napalm
agreed

Napalm
Wow I would have never gussed that laughing out loud

eggmayo
Me too...

SlipknoT
But you listen to creed? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Im getting the special edition of Nymphetamine on Thursady

i lovejake
i like cradle of filth and goths so i like this tread!

Filth
Holy shit i forgot about that, i'm gonna get it as soon as i can, as i have managed to f**k my nyphetamine disk must of played it to much eek!

SlipknoT
I did that to Lovecraft and Witchhearts.

Filth
yer that was a good album, i like Midian best very good album

SlipknoT
I dont have Midian sad

Filth
Kicks ass, im trying to get hold of the album named "i raped the virgin marry and hung the bastard christ" i dont know anyone who has that album

SlipknoT
Is it rare or something?

Filth
Well it has some good song on, dont know about rare but i have a shite music stor so its hard to get hold of any cradle albums

SlipknoT
I've got most of mine from Best Buy, mt best buy is awsome it has everything.

Filth
I only have a Music Zone to buy cd's i has mainly chart cd's sad

SlipknoT
Well so does Best Buy but the metal section is huge, I bought about 5 Cannibal Corpse CD's there in one trip

Filth
Cannibal Corpse kicks ass cant get any of the albums at music zone they have only just got Children of Bodom

SlipknoT
They're good. Dont you have any other places around you?

Filth
9 miles to the narest town that has a music stor and thats a shit one

SlipknoT
So do you just buy most of your CD's off the internet?

Filth
unfortunatly not, i personaly dont have a credit card and my mom does not like buying for the inturnet, i just wait till music zone has something goodn and buy it strieght away.

SlipknoT
Wait how old are you? 22 or something right?

Filth

SlipknoT
Oh embarrasment

Filth
Yer sure wish i was 22 tho, then i would be pissed stick out tongue

dean7879
corpse and bodom are brilliant

SlipknoT
Wha... confused

waspluver
I'M A GOTH CRADDLE OF FILTH IS THE BEST PM ME BUT I WARN U I'M DERMONIc!!!!

Korri
Originally posted by waspluver
I'M A GOTH CRADDLE OF FILTH IS THE BEST PM ME BUT I WARN U I'M DERMONIc!!!!

oh my god, its satan himself, here...on kmc no expression.

Deano
ive got my cradle of filth concert ticket big grin
if i dont post here after the concert..then its probably cos im dead..i'll probably get me blood sucked or somethin

SlipknoT
Wow, thought you hated them Korri

Deano
Originally posted by BackFire
oh man, they aren't death metal in the least

If you want death metal go listen to deicide or morbid angel, not cradle of shit.

morbid angel are thrash metal aint they?
cradle are black metal

SlipknoT
Na, I'd consider MA death.

Korri
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Wow, thought you hated them Korri

yeah i do now laughing out loud

Filth
laughing you mad a thread about a band you now hate and it has come back to haunt you laughing

There great tho yes

evil_made_flesh
compared to most black metal bands cradle are extremely tame you must not be able to take your metal if you consider cradle noise.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Korri
yeah i do now laughing out loud Why, they still kick ass

loserib
cof is not deathmetal if you want to hear soem good thrash/death go here
http://www.myspace.com/nothingbutlosers

yes i know its a shameless plug

Deano
cradle of filth aint nois
listen to mortician..then u will know what noise is about

SlipknoT
No, listen to Locust, thats noise