Casting Choices in Marvel Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Austinzilla
Here's the ranking system:
Excellent
Very Good
Good
Decent
Bad
Terrible

Spider-Man:
Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man/Peter Parker: Very Good
Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane: Bad
J.K. Simmons as JJJ: Excellent
Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin: Excellent
James Franco as Harry Osborn: Bad
Cliff Robertson as Uncle Ben: Good
Rosemary Harris as Aunt May: Good
Overall: 3.5/5

Daredevil:
Ben Affleck as Daredevil/Matt Murdock: Bad
Jennifer Garner as Elektra: Decent
Michael Clark Duncan as Fisk/Kingpin: Very Good
Colin Farrell as Bullseye: Terrible
Joe Pantoliano as Ben Urich: Very Good
Jon Favreau as Foggy Nelson: Very Good
Overall: 2.5/5

The Hulk:
Eric Bana as Bruce Banner/Hulk: Very Good
Jennifer Connelly as Betty Ross: Excellent
Sam Elliott as General "Thunderbolt" Ross: Excellent
Josh Lucas as Glen Talbott: Decent
Nick Nolte as David Banner: Good
Overall: 4/5

X-men 1 & 2:
Patrick Stewart as Professor X: Excellent
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine: Excellent
Ian McKellen as Magneto: Excellent
Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe/Storm: Excellent
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey/Phoenix: Very Good
James Marsden as Scott Summers/Cyclops: Terrible
Rebecca Romjin-Stamos as Mystique: Very Good
Anna Paquin as Rogue: Terrible
Alan Cumming as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler: Excellent
Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman: Good
Aaron Stanford as John Allerdyce/Pyro: Decent
Brian Cox as William Stryker: Very Good
Kelly Hu as Yuriko Oyama/Lady Deathstrike: Very Good
Overall: 4.75/5

Arachnoidfreak
they were gunna get that guy from Donnie Darko to be Peter Parker, but they went with Tobey

Austinzilla
Jake Gyllenhaal? he wouldve been good...Tobey Maguire has the look of Peter Parker, i just dont like his voice

Gyllenhaal wouldve had a better voice

Darth Jello
so lately i heard that fox had optioned Deadpool as a movie choice-here's my cast for that movie-
Deadpool-Michael Keaton (doing the Beetlejuice voice)
T-Ray- The Rock
Weasil-Mo Rocca
Blind Al-Bea Arthur
Typhoid Mary-Fairuza Balk
Bullseye-Collin Farrel (I actually liked his portrayal)
Wolverine-Hugh Jackman
Siryn-Lindsey Lohan
Kid Deadpool-Chris O'Donnel

(remember, Deadpool's a parody)

Arachnoidfreak
Michael Keaton?? in the mask, alright, for his voice, but who would play Wade Wilson? Keaton is NOT Wilson.

Darth Jello
how about Hayden Christiansen reusing his surplus darth vader makup from episode III?

Arachnoidfreak
with the makeup sure, but i heard that they are already getting that guy from National Lampoon's Van Wilder(he was Van Wilder). He's in Blade: Trinnity also

Asian Hulk
Oh!!!!Is it true about the Marvel movies!!!Oh come On!!!!!

Creechuur
Vin Diesel would be a good Deadpool. His voice would match the burnt toast look Wade's got goin on, and he's got the body too. Don't know if he can do comedy though, and Deadpool is pretty damn funny.

How is Deadpool a parody? Whats it a parody of...Assasins that DON'T have a sense of humor?

How bout Iron Man? I heard Tom Cuise was attached sick, but that was a while ago. Timothy Dalton wouldve been perfect, but he's a bit old now. Johnny Depp would be awesome, he could totally do the millionaire-alcoholic-superhero-thing.

Finally, GARY OLDMAN MUST PLAY DOCTOR DOOM!!!! I will accept no less for the superest supervillain ever!

Darth Jello
read the 97 run, he just rips on spider-man constantly.

oh, and Vin Diesel sucks my left one. the only actors who could play a good deadpool would be like, Michael keaton, Jason lee, or Bruce Campbell.

Creechuur
Well yeah, and there was the Spider-Man parody cover, but I think Deadpool stands on his own.

Arachnoidfreak
Vin is too buff for Deadpool. you need someone lean and fit.

Oldman for Dr. Doom!!!!

and yes, Tom Cruise is still playing the role of Tony Stark/Ironman. he better not ruin it.

Maelstrom
Ugly hulk to human a face. One thing marvel has learned about their characters in the books is that even the disfigured ones must be attractive. Attractive ugly works, just plain ugly is a bust.
Xaviar should be like 44 not 144, stweart is 12 yrs to old
Cyke should be a real man not some wishy stand up boyman
I see storm as taller and built with beauty muscles like the bodybuilders only swimmer quality, more like the body of the black chick from james bond.
Wolverine should have been short and very hairy and more disheaveled, not really careing about his sexuality or who he attracts but handsome no the less.

Arachnoidfreak
the black chick from james bond IS storm(Halle Berry)

Creechuur
Vin too buff for Deadpool???? I'm thinking of the Ian McGuiness version, which is my favorite. He's pretty big in that run. Vin's not my favorite actor, but he's got a "look". As a comic fan I appreciate any buffed guy that can at least look good and act his way out of a paper bag. There are not enough potential superhero-types in Hollywood. Honestly, since most of these characters are so dear to our hearts, I think unknowns work best, but names sell movies.

Now, Bruce Campbell, THATS a good choice. That would be hilarious, and it would mean Raimi would be directing, as no one else on the planet will hire the guy for some reason.

Halle Berry can cram it with walnuts. Angela Basset is the perfect Storm. Ooo, that was a bad pun, sorry.

Arachnoidfreak
Ed McGuiness, not Ian. and i liked what's-that-guy's-name from the later issues too, like issue 67. great art.

Arachnoidfreak
Ed's version

http://neo-innovation.com/deadpool.gif

Arachnoidfreak
That other guy

http://www.thefourthrail.com/images/reviews/070802/deadpool69.jpg

norrin radd

Austinzilla
yeah they rewrote alot of the story line though...but Yuriko and Deathstrike are still the same character...just with some minor changes

Darth Jello
as a fan, I just want to say that Ben Affleck was the PERFECT Matt Murdock/Daredevil, and they should not even consider making a sequal without him.
in any case, here's a cast list i'd like to see in case there are sequals for characters that didn't appear in the first movie-
Gladiator/Melvin Potter-Johnny Depp
Mr. Fear/Zoltan Drago-John Dimaggio
Stiltman/Wilbur Day-Steven Colbert
Natasha Romanov/Black Widow-Shirly Manson
The Owl/Leland Owlsely-Danny Devito (since he technically already played him in batman returns, don't get me started)
The Rose/Richard Fisk-Matt Damon
Vannessa Fisk-Anjelica Houston
Rosalind "Razor" Sharp (Foggy's mom)-Jodie Foster
Bushwacker-Brad Pit
Nuke/Agent Simpson-Jean Claude Van Damme (the accent can be explained away by the drugs)
Bullet-Randy Savage
and two other things
1. I made a mistake,Ed Helms would made a better weasil than mo rocca
and 2. I don't know who the super model chick in the elektra movie is but Fairuza Balk would be the perfect Typhoid Mary.

norrin radd
we have a daily show fan, you are forgetting the great jon stewart

Maelstrom
The lady from Bond im refering to was extreamly popular, she had an afro that was sliced and dyed yellow or white on top. I guess her name was Grace Jones. She was real strong and popular in our culture. I like the unknown actors too, but they should go for the character and let the character be the hero. That's the comic heros that get popular then they do a turn around.

Never
Prince as Nightcrawler.

Arachnoidfreak
lmfao, Prince? i think Alan Cummings did a fine job.

Creechuur
Ah, I knew I had his first name wrong, sorry.

Darth Jello
i love john stewart, but he isn't weasil. ed helms has both the look and the attitude.
how about some casting choices for some avengers villains? who do you htink should play red skull, klaw, living laser, the mandarin, crossbones, whirlwind, the wizard, ultron, wolfgang von stucker, grim reaper, loki, and protocide?

norrin radd
and what about elton john as doc octupus?

Creechuur
...and Liberace as Mysterio!

Darth Jello
They should use Living Laser in a movie, simply because of the special effects potential.

Jamaican
Lol, That's what I'm talking about, everytime I think of Doc Oc I always think of Elton John.

BTW - heard some rumors for the Fan. 4 movie, they want Paul Walker as Human Torch (i think), what do you guys think about that?

Arachnoidfreak
Paul Walker would be Ok, not great, but Ok.

What i wanna know, is what the Human Torch will look like in CGI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.