Ffx-3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elektra_lover
I read online that because of the sales of FFX-2, FFx-3 is in consideration. Rumors say it will be Rikkus story and take place 6 months after FFX-2!!!! smile smile Happy Dance Happy Dance

ALIASX
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Rikkus HOT! Love your sig Elektra lover

Elektra_lover
Thanx

Elektra_lover
The recently released Final Fantasy X-2 has been an enormous success, selling a whopping 1.2 million copies in the first day, according to Square Co. Ltd. This is two-thirds of Square's initial shipment of 1.8 million units, an almost ludicrous amount in itself. What's a company to do when its game sells so fast the store counters are still a little warm? Create a sequel, of course.

While no official comment has been made, Square has stated that a sequel, tentatively titled Final Fantasy X-3, is underway for PlayStation 2, according Indie Magazine. More than likely the game will not see release in Japan until next year at the earliest.

To announce a sequel less than a week after a game's launch is not unheard of, but who would've thought Square would develop another sequel for Final Fantasy X. No other details are known about the game, but there were obscure rumors floating around about a game telling Rikku's story, and also of a game that took place six months after the events in Final Fantasy X-2.

Be sure to check back with IGN for more news as it develops

Elektra_lover
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/389/389967p1.html**

Elektra_lover
sry it's

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/389/389967p1.html

SaTsuJiN
honestly they shouldnt do a sequel, I think they should go back in time and do a prequel before sin came.. that would be really nice.. then tidus wouuldnt have to be a dream

Trinity_Matrix
Hmm...I've heard that they were NOT going to do an FFX-3, because really, there's nothing left for a story.

Elektra_lover
Their wasn't anything for X-2 either

SaTsuJiN
I was really feeling bad when they did a following story (ffx-2) because ffx ending was so nice, they shouldve left it like that... you know how yuna was like 'we should remember the people who arent here with us today, and that they are always telling us : Please Remember' I was like wow, thats such a nice thing to say about everyone who died... and then they made ffx-2 -_- its not bad.. but I wish it was before they met tidus....

Elektra_lover
Like you are Auron Ject and Braska?

Elektra_lover
If they make a 3rd one it should be not about Rikku but about Lenne and Shuin

Trinity_Matrix
YES. That is the only reason I can think of that they should do another sequel. Really, those two are the reason that FFX-2 happened (Yuna saw the sphere with Shuyin in it, but she thought it was Tidus, etc...), and not NEARLY enough of their story was explained in FFX-2...in fact, one of the events that explains a bit about them was optional! mad

(Lenne is my favorite character, in case you couldn't tell...I've cosplayed as her a bunch of times, too yes )

SaTsuJiN
that would be cool, but then again we'd know how it ends -.- now if only square could make a movie of the trip auron jecht and braska made... that would be neato big grin

I want a movie of ffx dernit! >_<

SpikeSpiegel
I think they should just stop at X-2 and continue with XII onwards.

Trinity_Matrix
Yup.

Elektra_lover
No I think 1 more about Lenne and Shuin

IBTonks
i think they shud make a movie like satsujin said! that wud be well kewl! i mean, i do like the final fantasy film, but it had nothing to do with final fantasy u get me?!! i think they shud make one of braska, auron and jecht, that wud be a great movie!

stinkfist462
Rikku is the hottest of the 3 ..

JKozzy
FFX-3 would be way too far. They mentioned two sequals probably two years ago when the idea to continue FFX's storyline arose. I assure you there will be no FFX-3, there's no plot there to even possibly take advantage up. In the first game, Rikku was such a minor character, there's no way they could make up something for her. Yuna's storyline continued because she was looking for Tidus. "This time, it's personal." It would be absurd to actually follow through with another sequal; everyone's happily ever after now. Final Fantasy XII looks so promising, why waste more time on the same storyline of FFX? Sure, it's good, but it's time to move on. The FFX movie sounds like a neat idea, however I doubt that would work out well for a few main reasons: 1) Look what happened with The Spirits Within. 2) They've milked it already so much . 3) They're going to be moving onto bigger and better things now... FFXII is going to be the last PS2 Final Fantasy. FFXIII, which has been trademarked/copyrighted in Japan is in development for the PS3. Yes, that time is upon us, a new consule. The PS3 launch date is next year; no doubt we will see demos and betas at E3 this year.

Elektra_lover
I still think 1 more with Shuin and Lenne would work

SaTsuJiN
yeah they're interesting characters, but I'd rather it not be called X-3 , maybe they should give it a new title or something?

JKozzy
Eh, X-3 is overkill. I'm still surprised X-2 was pulled off. Let's not worry about titles, it most likely won't happen.

Trinity_Matrix
I've actually heard that Squenix (heh...I love shortening it like that) has completely nixed any idea of doing and FFX-3. FFX was great, FFX-2 finally gave it some closure while working in a new storyline...but there's no need for anything more.

BackFire
Horrible idea, FF X-2 is overkill I think. FF X was one of the lousier final fantasy games, and the least deserving of a sequel. FF X3 would be horrific. I think if they want to do sequels, FF 7 or 6 or even 8 or 9 would be better.

JKozzy
Agreed 110% yes

SaTsuJiN
::vomit at the thought of an 8 sequel:: sick

Elektra_lover
I still think 1 more about shuin and lenne

Elektra_lover
Oh yeah and ff8 was the worst not 10

Trinity_Matrix
Meh, I thought 9 was the worst...

And 7 is getting a sequel, in the form of Advent Children :P

SaTsuJiN
I never tried 9... I just didnt like the idea of animal midgets running around.. but I heard nice things about it messed

BakaXero
9 is alrite pity i lost my file when my chocobo finaly turned gold, dammit it flew too
8 was boring i stoped halfway through
7was fun to play
10 was ok but the last master was depressingly too easy (two hit and his gone) and the dark Aeons were too hard (killed them all with yojimbo's strongest attack big grin)
btw satsujin which ending of ffx2 did you see?

sith_darth_jay
i certainly don't want a FF X-3, going all over spira, all over again!!!????
no way.

there's the International version coming out this year, wich has one more mission and lots of bonus

i love FF X-2, but i think is enough

i'm just gonna wait for FFXII

sith_darth_jay
i'm gonna post this one more time

check out the one that says last mission and the one below

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/ffx2inter/

the new powerpuff girls dressphere looks cool, and see how the girls faces changes with the dresspheres when you see their status

and fighting tidus and auron, that looks cool, and some kind of monster arena, and your own monster pet......... i am so gonna buy this game

sith_darth_jay
yuna

sith_darth_jay
blossom

sith_darth_jay
buttercup

sith_darth_jay
bubbles

sith_darth_jay
Last Mission

Trinity_Matrix
Ehh, I don't see the resemblence with the Powerpuff Girls...but I have been looking for an image of Paine's Psychicer dressphere, so thank you smile

Elektra_lover
Wait what is FFX-2 International?

JKozzy
A re-release of FFX-2 with new features and stuff--- and a trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. New dresspheres and such are also included, as is the Last Mission since its long name is "Final Fantasy X-2 - International Edition: Last Mission"

Elektra_lover
Oh that sounds preatty cool

JKozzy
Yup, unfortunately it's not coming to the US... sad

Elektra_lover
oh sad

ragesRemorse
you know X was probably arguably the best FF game, however it really did not deserve a sequal. The story was ended. X-2 is deffaintly the worst final fantasy yet. The gameplay is damn decent, the dresspheres are interesting, however the story and character depth is terrible, the story of X-2 has one of the worst RPG plots in all of gamming history. I completed the game merely from the gameplay, but the story and characters were utter shit. I guess though atleast they diddnt do a sequal for ff-9, thank god for small miracles, x-2 was almost as bad as 9

JKozzy
X-2 definetly isn't bad, and neither is IX. FF:CC has a bit of a dry storyline, but XI is definetly the worst. It's not a real FF, it's just an online game. If anything, call it Final Fantasy: Online, but please not FFXI.

Trinity_Matrix
I liked X-2 a lot, I just didn't like little you find out about the new character (unless you decide to collect all the Crimson Spheres, ypu really don't learn anything about Paine, Nooj, Gippal, Baralai, Shuyin, or Lenne), and how the storyline doesn't really come in until late in the game.

I loved the dresspheres, though...and I'm going to be making quite a few of them laughing out loud

sith_darth_jay
trin_matrix> they're the powerpuff girls yes

and i.m gonna by the game when it comes out yes

sith_darth_jay
look she is a powerpuff girl

sith_darth_jay
confused

sith_darth_jay
the game came out 10 days ago, but i'm still waiting for it sad

JKozzy
You have a modded PS2?? eek!

sith_darth_jay
yes

i have "Silent Hill 2: restless dreams" JP version
"Tekken 2" PAL
"Tekken 4" PAL
"LOTR ROTK" PAL
"FF VIII" PAL
"Winning Eleven 6" JP
"Tomb Raider: Chronicles" PAL

mushmonkey
i want another ffx release, and if you listen carefully, In FFX-2 when rikku and yuna are talking on top of the air ship (think its chapter 5), thier are hints about thier being a ffx-3, however if they make a game, it shouldnt be about Jecht and auron and braska's journey, there wuldnt be any point, casue you already kno whats gonna happen, your not gonna play a game when you know the virtual story line, or not many ppl would, i also think that a story about rikku would be boring, and one about lenne and shujin, because everything was explained in ffx2, what they should make a story off is, before sin comes and towards the end of the game sin comes, then you have to travel to each temple in order, and become the fayth, instead of gaining the aeons, you chose which party member to turn into a fayth, and then you can summon that aoen

Maybe ppl think this is a bad idea, tho i like games, where there is more than one chioce, for instance, in ffx-2 they should have aoens, however they didnt, ffx-2 is a poor sequal to ffx, it is a goood game tho is nothing compared to ffx, ffx is by far the best game i have ever played, and its a shame it had to have a ending, i hope they do release a sequl, tho more like ffx, than ffx-2

General Kaliero
*pokes the oozing zombie thread* erm

Kayne Archeron
oh for chrissakes, that would be TERRIBLE. i agree with satsujin, if they ABSOLUTELY have to add on to the storyline cuz they can't do anything better with their time *rolls eyes*, they should at least do a prequel about the pilgrimage of the party that Auron traveled with while he was still alive

Lana
Why was this bumped? ermm

And aeons in FFX-2? Someone paid NO attention to the ending of FFX.

Or paid any attention at all to what happened in FFX-2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.