Avant Browser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flying Orange
My question, does anyone know if this is a stable release? It feels like it, and I hope it is. Forget Firefox smile

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

yerssot
seeing as they already are at version 9... sure, why not

Flying Orange
Never saw a program just come out with a version 9, but hey, maybe it's been around for awhile... confused

Anyway, I like it. Anyone else try it out?

yerssot
probably messed

Raz
First time I've heard of it. I'm guessing it's got an IE backend?

Flying Orange
Looks as if it is, but there aren't any flaws that are in IE from what I can see, definetly much faster response time and quicker browsing by far. You should check it out, Raz, and if it's worthy give it the Raz Seal of Approval wink

The One Himself
From the FAQ...

How does Avant Browser work?

Based on services provided by Microsoft Internet Explorer, Avant Browser renders and navigates HTML

So you need IE to use it... sad

Flying Orange
No, it's built off of it. It's a modified version, the executable is the same thing, but it's different.

The One Himself
I'm not so sure JKozzy sad
From the FAQ again:

What is the system requirements for Avant Browser?

You will need a Pentium 166 PC or higher, 16MB RAM or more. The operating system should be Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows XP. For Windows 95 systems, IE 5.5 or higher version should be installed. For Windows NT systems, Service Pack 6 and IE 5.5 should be installed, and IE 6.0 are recommended.
cry

Flying Orange
Here's a screen, look at the directory, I think that it's rooted off of a copy of the program. Either way, it's an independent program, it might just be a recommendation, say, for downloading it from their site. And it's much better than IE, and doesn't exactly resemble it a whole lot, only if you want it to.

The One Himself
Please don't hurt me... embarrasment

stick out tongue

The One Himself
Very simple experiment...rename iexplore.exe and try to run avant wink

Raz
I'm on Linux so it's not really an option.

Flying Orange
Ah well. S'all good smile

*gasp* What's Raz's sig now?? I don't know!!! sad stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.