MTV Movie Awards- Oh Agony!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopy43
I've seen some incredibly bad awards shows but this goes right to the top of the list. That opening 'skit' with Ben Stiller , Vince Vaughn and Peter Jackson went on way, way too long and was as funny as watching Reagans funeral procession thru DC yesterday. And can't a federal law be passed that would prohibit Lindsay Lohan from dancing? eek! What the hell was that about? confused

Yung Wun
It was on today? Woah, had no idea. I'll catch the re-run (although I'll wish I didn't sad )

SeptemberRain
I didnt see it; i will only watch the re-run for the hottness of Lohan

Dr. Strangelove
It was pretty terrible, but at least Lohan looked good. smile

wuTa
you guys no that the pistons were on right?...i'd rather watch the pistons tear up la than watch a bunch of shitty actors.... if jim carey,will smith, or adam sandlor wasnt excepting an award that its not worth watching

Tex
It was horrible....The opening Peter Jackson skit went on for 10 minutes too long.

I turned it off after that.

I did happen to channel surf through when the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were performing; they were great. thumb up

I dont know why they would want to associate themselves with MTV though. schmoll

Drifter101
nah i was watchin the glorious pistons defeat the lakers but i did tune in to see Lohan during time outs just to be dissapointed to see some ugly dudes at the stand giving out awards, ill watch the re run on sat.

wuTa
thumb up rock Happy Dance

Darth Revan
The music was good, but other than that it was a boring performance. They just sort of stood there without doing anything remotely interesting.

That show was an atrocity. I can't believe the Burly Brawl didn't win best fight scene mad

If I were Johnny Depp, I would honestly throw that piece of crap away... He's an Oscar-worthy actor, getting an MTV movie award is almost an insult to somebody like him...

<<Solo>>
Once again agreed.

HockeyHorror
i never watch it but i heard Beastie Boys performance was good.

The Unknown
What is everyone talking about? The award show was great. Though I wish they had done parodies, the skits were funny, especially the opening scene.

IMO, the Burly Brawl didn't deserve to win. All it is the repetitive punching and kicking, and most of the time, you can tell it was done by computer; it looks like a scene from a video game. The scene from Bringing Down the House was better than that, lol. Kill Bill really deserved it, and I'm glad it won for all three categories, though it should have been on the nomination list for best movie.

moonwalker741
the beastie boy performance wuz great...but i noticed that ther old now.. big grin

BarmyBrummie
what woz up with that little gremlin guy in the podium? laughing out loud

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
I actually like the PJ thing, it was funny! I liked it ,sorry!! I liked the whole show, and i think it was good...i loved the lil grimilin dude in the podium...but i really didn't like the psycho scense and all that,it was stupid

Súro
p-n TELL AURORA AND AD I SAID HI

Darth Revan
I'm probably partial, because I love the Matrix and I hate Kill Bill...

matchbox_dan
this award was good and they played matchbox 20 music when LOTR wins best movie

The Unknown
How can you not like Kill Bill?

ElectricBugaloo
Kill Bill was boring and cliched.

and i don't have cable anymore

but I wish I would have seen teh Beastie Boys (and of course theyr'e old, they've been playing popular music since the mid 80ss)

Red Superfly
And I suppose The Matrix Reloaded isn't?

I'd rather watch PROPER fight scenes like in Kill Bill, you know, good old fashioned stunt work (which looks ten times better: Matrix 1 &gt; Matrix Reloaded) rather than watching OBVIOUS CGI that is overused and becomes the focal point, completely detracting from the actors hard work.

Kill Bill - awesome.

Matrix Reloaded - crap.

And to get on topic - MTV music awards are as bad as the Nickelodeon kids awards. I.e. they suck.

The Unknown
It was supposed to be cliched...

Lan©eWindu
And to all of you that think Lindsay Lohan is hot...get a clue or a magnifying glass...she is covered head to toe in freckles.

<<Solo>>
(This sounds really dumb but)So?

SummerSunshine
I haven't seen it yet ! ! They'll show it this weekend on MTV over here ! Can't wait ! It should be good !

ElectricBugaloo
if it was any director except for Tarantino (who is apparently some sore of deity in disguise to movie watchers) people would say it's stupid--Mars Attacks was supposed to be like that too, it didn't make it any better.

The fight scenes in Kill Bill were just...boring. Nothing special. "Oh, look the sword's sharp" "Oh, look, one hit and she kills every henchman" It was boring to watch, and stupid to make.

The Unknown
I had never seen any other QT films before this one and I love Kill Bill, so, uh, I guess your theory is wrong smile .

Darth Revan
I don't know... it was just lame... Even the fight scenes were crappy. The storyline itself is just soooo stupid...

Stormy Day
sick

The Unknown
I guess you're not a fan of Matrix Revolutions if you're saying that, lol.

And the choreographer for Kill Bill was the same one for the Matrix movies.

shake zula
this show just got exponetially worse as the minutes go by. the best part was lindsay lohan dancing (she's so... BOUNCY shifty ) and D12 performing. the rest was crap.

oh, and the midget red devil clocking out, that seemed hilarious to me.

Darth Vicious
I thought the whole show was booooring, the opening skit was pontless and boring but i did like Linsay Lohans dance, she was hoootttt but maybe it was me but she looked like she was having an orgasm afterwards, ill do her in a sec!

shake zula
get in line buddy...

A.marie
MTV Movie Award this year sucks. Their nomination sucks too.
Especially people who performed. Beastie Boys, Yeah yeah yeahs &lt; they sucks, and D12?
D12 are trying to be funny in their video My band. That song sucks.
and their video sucks too.

ladygrim
i wouldnt know never ended up watching the awards went shopping instead

SummerSunshine
Oh i seen the awards...hhm wasnt anything special about it...messed

EOWYN3
They sucked this year. The best thing about it was the Beastie Boys.

SummerSunshine
HEHEHE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.