Philippine Celebrities [Teen Princess]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury Copeland
You may not know them. But you can still VOTE and you can COMMENT basing on how you look at them and how the way they look. No big deal. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

They are just some of the Philippines' Young Talents that gave the Philippine Cinema and Music Industries a tremendous reputation worldwide.

The statistics may show how people outside the Philippine boundaries look up to these young faces. And I choose the KMC members (particularly in the OTF - lots of members visiting this forum) to be in the best position to perceive as respondents.

Thank you.

Jury Copeland
Claudine Barretto

Height: 5'2
Weight: 100(LBS)
Skill/Talent: Acting, Singing, Dancing, Hosting
Birthdate: July 20, 1979

Jury Copeland
Kristine Hermosa

Height: 5'5
Weight: 105 (LBS)
Birthdate: September 9, 1983

Jury Copeland
Rica Peralejo

Height: 5'4
Weight: 108 (LBS)
Skill/Talent: Singing, Acting, Dancing, Hosting, Sports
Birthdate: March 7, 1981

Jury Copeland
Jolina Magdangal

Height: 5'0
Weight: 90 (LBS)
Birthdate: November 6, 1978

Jury Copeland
Camille Prats

Weight: 115 (LBS)
Birthdate: June 20, 1985

Jury Copeland
Angelica Panganiban

Height: 5'5
Weight: 115 (LBS)
Birthdate: November 4, 1986

Jury Copeland
Heart Evangelista

Birthdate: February 14, 1985

Jury Copeland
Jodi Santamaria

Weight: 110 (LBS)
Birthadte: June 16, 1982

Jury Copeland
Kaye Abad

Birthdate: May 17, 1982

Jury Copeland
Wilma Doesnt

Height: 5'8
Weight: 100 (LBS)
Skill/Talent: Ramp Modeling, Acting, Hosting
Birthdate: July 10, 1975

Jury Copeland
Now... it's time to vote... and comment, too stick out tongue

Thanks!

cool

Jury Copeland
so.. sad no one wants to vote...?

... or at least comment something.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

well, that's okay.
cool

Lianslo
I feel as if all these girls suffer from anerexia...

Ellen
Ehh si camelli prats and john prats ay kapatid?

BTW, maganda talaga si tin tin smile
kasi kamoka ko siya ehhh!
laughing out loud

Jury Copeland
Yes, they are. yes

btw... from where are you, Ellen?

*you can speak english, this isn't a filipino thread anyway stick out tongue *

Lianslo
confused sad

Jury Copeland
really?! big grin

Jury Copeland
Please don't reply on the other thread... we can do it here...

Jury Copeland
Ellen, Wilma Doesnt is an International Model... Jaya is a singer...
They're different. cool

1-winged angel
i voted for willma coz with a name like that she will lose

Jury Copeland
big grin

Ellen
LOL laughing out loud

BTW, fine,
and i voted for kristine hermosa!

stupidkevin
hi

daddyslilbitch
is stupidkevin in here

daddyslilbitch
EDIT

daddyslilbitch
EDIT

Jury Copeland
just keep on voting cool

Jury Copeland
keeping this up.... *needs the result*
keep on voting.. please big grin

cool

Jury
Again big grin

cauteriZed
confused thats not healthy

Prodigy
Okay... I voted for ya. I picked Krinstine.

And hey I only weigh in at 95 lbs, am 5'3", and am 15. I don't have health problems. Certain people really are built that way.

*goes off to another thread*

cauteriZed
thats very light for a fully grown woman of that height,but i guess we are all different. im sorry if i offended you.

Prodigy
Not really, it's just that everyone seems to be like "Ah! She's THIN!" And it's true - you can be too thin. But then there's the flip side, is all. So, no offense. (:

cauteriZed
yeah i guess it must get annoying when people go on at you for being thin when its through no fault of your own sad

Jury
whistling

Jury
I miss these girls. cool

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Jury
You may not know them. But you can still VOTE and you can COMMENT basing on how you look at them and how the way they look. No big deal. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

They are just some of the Philippines' Young Talents that gave the Philippine Cinema and Music Industries a tremendous reputation worldwide.

The statistics may show how people outside the Philippine boundaries look up to these young faces. And I choose the KMC members (particularly in the OTF - lots of members visiting this forum) to be in the best position to perceive as respondents.

Thank you.

I do not know any of them or can't think of what iyou guys are talking about.JMconfused1

madde
all these chicks make Baby Jesus cry ......... !

Jury
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I do not know any of them or can't think of what iyou guys are talking about.JMconfused1
jm sad it's ok. cool

Jury
Originally posted by madde
all these chicks make Baby Jesus cry ......... !
confused huh?

madde
confused huh?

ckicks, babes, no brain - only boobies ... embarrasment

Jury
no brain? confused how can you possibly say that?

madde
no brain? confused how can you possibly say that?

just like that ... pretty amazing, huh? smile

Jury
Yes, but I don't get the relevance... but I can tell you that these girls are intellectually bright... promising actresses .. and professional performers. yes

madde
Yes, but I don't get the relevance... but I can tell you that these girls are intellectually bright... promising actresses .. and professional performers. yes

why didn't they got themselves a proper job then? I mean ... if I am extraordinary bright, smart, and clever and everything, then I wouldn't go out and be a model ... it's the more or less most dumb job one can possibly imagine ...

Jury
No need for them. I can say that. At the age of 14, most of Filipino movie stars and models have their own personal businesses: restaurants, internet cafes, bars, resorts, boutiques, snack bars, salons, etc... all these came from showbizness.

madde
No need for them. I can say that. At the age of 14, most of Filipino movie stars and models have their own personal businesses: restaurants, internet cafes, bars, resorts, boutiques, snack bars, salons, etc... all these came from showbizness.

muahahhaaa ... so it's ok to be stupid unless you're well off, or what? Hell, if all of them would be as blonde as me ... that would match just perfectly ...

ok - then again: I ain't got no restaurants and stuff ...

listen, dood ... I think being a "model" or "boobs-babe" doesn't make a difference if you do it in the Philippines or at any other place in the world. They look awesome ... yeah - but that's it ... I think they're too beautiful ...

I call that 'faceless' beauty ... like a doll ... totally hollow

Jury
I don't think so. Filipino performers are globally in demand, you didn't know that? These ladies I presented here are wholesome people. And they are just a part of Philippine movie promising stars.. they are a lot to count. Some of them stays abroad to have concerts, and to star in Miss Saigon... and other theatrical productions worldwide.

madde

Jury
"Anna Liza" was ages ago.

Obviously, you're not aware. Probably, because you're not introduced into the real world yet.

But I do respect your opinion. smile

As I said at the start of this thread: No big deal. I appreciate how you look at them.

madde
"Anna Liza" was ages ago.

Obviously, you're not aware? Probably, because you're not introduced into the real world yet.

But I do respect your opinion. smile

As I said at the start of this thread: No big deal. I appreciate how you look at them.

;o) lol ... no ... it's just because my Mommy is keeping me locked away from the real world since I am 7 ... I once sneaked out and saw wonderfull things ... treees ... caaars ...
but just once ;o)

I don't use to talk down on _filipinas_ ... I just talk down on any kinna model's ... no matter where they come from ...

Jury
That was obvious. No need to tell. smile

BakaXero
that last one scares me messed

Jury
laughing out loud She used to scare everybody. She's an international model and a Philippine TV comediene. smile

madde
That was obvious. No need to tell. smile

wink additionally I am blonde ...

what? ....

madde
laughing out loud She used to scare everybody. She's an international model and a Philippine TV comediene. smile

eek! like Seinfeld

Jury
Nevermind happy

IceWithin
rica something-somethins big grin

Jury
I try to add some pics to those ladies... happy

Claudine Barretto starred in a movie Milan.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/divisoria_1834_2180463

http://img112.echo.cx/img112/2676/claudine8cq.jpg
Claudine Barretto

BakaXero
okay thats actually a nice pic

madde
embarrasment Jury ... may I assume that you are a Filipino ... or you've been on a submarine for a veeery long time? ...... am I right?

IceWithin
he is filipino...
hey jury did u know that in both filipino and spanish days of the week are the same big grin

madde
Originally posted by IceWithin
he is filipino...
hey jury did u know that in both filipino and spanish days of the week are the same big grin

that's because the Philippines have been occupied by Spain for a damn long time .... the complete language, at least goes for Tagalog, is some kind of "mix-spanish" ... no offense!

IceWithin
I'm not filipino dont worry...nor spanish erm

madde
I'm not filipino dont worry...nor spanish erm

Then I propose we engage in a drinking game. Break out your liquor and take a shot everytime Jury says "look at her" I'm sure there are many other examples to add to the list. Don't be shy. Tonight we should all have alcohol poisoning by the end of this vote.

smile

IceWithin
confused yeah Im gonna say no stick out tongue

BakaXero
my origins got invaded by the french

madde
Originally posted by BakaXero
my origins got invaded by the french

we actually never got invaded ... ok ... in WW2 by the Germans ...

but before ;o) nope ... us Vikings never went into slavery and opression
Happy Dance

IceWithin
my origins have invaded almost all the world stick out tongue

madde
my origins have invaded almost all the world stick out tongue

Roman?

IceWithin
german

madde
german

muhahaha .... you got kicked ass ... the full program ;o) You haven't come further than Bonaparte

IceWithin
ok...ure quite a weirdo u know laughing out loud

IceWithin
...but just remember we kicked ass too cool stick out tongue

IceWithin
and has denmark ever kicked ass?? uh.. no I dont think so!! mad

madde
ok...ure quite a weirdo u know laughing out loud

I am not weird .... I am extraordinary intelligent, and cute ... and smart, and ... and ... sweet ... and stuff ... yes bunny

IceWithin
kay..

madde
and has denmark ever kicked ass?? uh.. no I dont think so!! mad

big grin we invaded whole Scandinavia, including Sweden, Norway and big parts of Britannia ...

guess why the Swedes are so hostile at us - not to talk about them Norwegians

you should read more ;o) wink

IceWithin
big grin well denmark history? doesnt sound too fun to me! wink

madde
big grin well denmark history? doesnt sound too fun to me! wink

What the f**k?

we are _the_ nation ;o) wink
where are you know btw ... I hope not in Germany ... I am really a bit hostile on them guys down there ...

IceWithin
u_are_the_nation? what does that mean? laughing
and u mean now not know erm and right now I'm in China, let me guess u invaded here aswell? laughing

madde
u_are_the_nation? what does that mean? laughing
and u mean now not know erm and right now I'm in China, let me guess u invaded here aswell? laughing

we are one of the happy few nations which kept their own integrity here in Europe - and no - we did not invade China .... and no - there is no reason to be sarcastic sad

IceWithin
well we have been being sarcastic for a while now, both of us

madde
well we have been being sarcastic for a while now, both of us

cool yes ... but when it comes to _my_ Queen and stuff ... then ninja

IceWithin
oh..laughing out loud k then...
germany's bigger than denmark!!!!
embarrasment had to do that laughing out loud

madde
oh..laughing out loud k then...
germany's bigger than denmark!!!!
embarrasment had to do that laughing out loud

wink size matters ... eek! I say that all the time .... usually guys don't feel good about that

what do you do in China btw? Isn't that sort of East?

IceWithin
well IMO size doesnt really matter, it's quality that matters happy
...and I mean that in many senses...stick out tongue

my parents own a trading co.

Jury
embarrasment Jury ... may I assume that you are a Filipino ... or you've been on a submarine for a veeery long time? ...... am I right?
I am a Filipino. And I'm proud of it.

Hundred-thousands of engineers and construction workers in Middle East are Filipinos.
Thousands of nurses in US, Canada and UK are Filipinos.
Thousands of Entertainers in various locations of the world are Filipinos.
Electronic products are actually made in the Philippines but branded as foreign.
Armors, swords and costumes from hollywood epic and action movies like LOTR, Kill Bill, Braveheart... were made in the Philippines.

I am a Filipino and I'm proud of it.

madde
well IMO size doesnt really matter, it's quality that matters happy
...and I mean that in many senses...stick out tongue

my parents own a trading co.

eek! oh ... so ... you're rich? In that case it really doesn't matter if size or quality ... just name it ;o) it'll be perfectly ok ;o) smile

Jury
he is filipino...
I knew that before I got into an elementary school. smile

IceWithin
eek! oh ... so ... you're rich? In that case it really doesn't matter if size or quality ... just name it ;o) it'll be perfectly ok ;o) smile

Im not rich per say stick out tongue
quality always does hun flirt

Jury
that's because the Philippines have been occupied by Spain for a damn long time .... the complete language, at least goes for Tagalog, is some kind of "mix-spanish" ... no offense!
Tagalog has no mix-spanish terms... may I correct you. Although some of Philipines dialects have indeed spanish like terms... this doesn't make Tagalog a mix-spanish language.

Yes, Philippines was colonized by Spain within a long period of 333 years. After that America... after Japan.. after that America again... after that Independence Day on June 12... and July 4 is the Phil-America Friendship Day. smile

madde
I am a Filipino. And I'm proud of it.

Hundred-thousands of engineers and construction workers in Middle East are Filipinos.
Thousands of nurses in US, Canada and UK are Filipinos.
Thousands of Entertainers in various locations of the world are Filipinos.
Electronic products are actually made in the Philippines but branded as foreign.
Armors, swords and costumes from hollywood epic and action movies like LOTR, Kill Bill, Braveheart... were made in the Philippines.

I am a Filipino and I'm proud of it.

eek! cool ... you don't need to promote ... I've been livin in Manila for a year ... quite neat ... I like the country and you guys there ...

IceWithin
Tagalog has no mix-spanish terms... may I correct you. Although some of Philipines dialects have indeed spanish like terms... this doesn't make Tagalog a mix-spanish language.

Yes, Philippines was colonized by Spain within a long period of 333 years. After that America... after Japan.. after that America again... after that Independence Day on June 12... and July 4 is the Phil-America Friendship Day. smile

but many filipino names are spanish and many words are just like spanish words... the whole vocabulary is insipired in spanish

madde

http://www.rms-gs.de/indexa.html

choose English .... there's a hell load of info ...

Jury
Yes, but they were not original Tagalog words. We call it dialects.. indigenous dialect.

Example for chair = silya (a dialect) from spanish silla... but in Tagalog its "upuan". No spanish at all. smile Right?

IceWithin
right but in manila u speak this "dialect" erm right?

madde
confused wah ... f*ck !!!!! gotta run before my bank is closing ... I am hella broke and I wanted to out to the movies tonight ....

wheeeeeeeee eek!

thx guys ... C U all ... somewhen - somewhere ...

keep it cool and froody eek!
bye-bye

IceWithin
bie

madde
Yes, but they were not original Tagalog words. We call it dialects.. indigenous dialect.

Example for chair = silya (a dialect) from spanish silla... but in Tagalog its "upuan". No spanish at all. smile Right?

I think that _any_ language under 333 years occupation will suffer traces. wink

Clovie
Originally posted by Jury Copeland
Rica Peralejo

Weight: 108 (LBS)
Skill/Talent: Singing, Acting, Dancing, Hosting, Sports
Birthdate: March 7, 1981 just rating coz of the pic i choose this one confused

Jury
Yes. Mixed language... modern one. Philippines has more than 50 dialects... all different and unique to each other that's why difficult to undersand... but we use Tagalog officially to communicate each other... but as I said original Tagalog has no spanish like words.

Today, Philippines has two official languages: Tagalog and English.

Philippines has been the fourth English-speaking country in the world. Next to US, UK and India.

IceWithin
there r other english speaking countries
like in Phillipines in Africa there r countries whose official language is english and their native one, same goes for "Belize" which is a countrie in central america

madde
sad will somebody please notice _and pity_ that my bank is close and I have like _no_ money !!! sad

Jury
there r other english speaking countries
like in Phillipines in Africa there r countries whose official language is english and their native one, same goes for "Belize" which is a countrie in central america
yes and among the most English-speaking country... Philippines is the fourth.

madde

rock the Pilippines just rock ... ;o) the pearl of the orient ...

... well ... except of the government ... but that's another pair of shoes

Jury
Heart Evangelista - a music tv vj, once nominated to play the role of Cho Chang in Harry Potter 4.

http://img121.echo.cx/img121/9421/photo67rt.jpg

madde
Heart Evangelista - a music tv vj, once nominated to play the role of Cho Chang in Harry Potter 4.

but she didn't get the role .... did she? ...

IceWithin

oh... but not ALL filipinos speak english right?

IceWithin

nah she didnt bvut she is WAY cuter than Katie Lueng!

Jury
I didn't say she did. But being a nominee is already an honor. A very rare opportunity I must say.

Joanne Kathleen Rowling, on the other hand wanted a british girl for Cho Chang. smile

Jury
oh... but not ALL filipinos speak english right?
Yes, that is true to all nations.

Not all Americans also can speak proper American English.
And not all British also can speak proper British English.

I remember the girl who won the Championship in London International English Public Speaking. She's a Filipina. During the elimination, all representatives from English-speaking countries like USA, UK, Australia, etc.. were dumped except for the Philippines. How unusual. She was able to survive up to the Championship level. A very great honor indeed.

smile

madde

Jury
I must admit that there are Filipinos who were casted as extras in some Hollywood movies... Constantine, which is the latest.

eek! and oh, Viggo had worn a costume made from the Philippines.

Tia Carera, Camille Velasco, Jasmine Trias, Enrique Iglesias... etc (I can't name all) are just some of the world's celebrities with Filipino blood.

Jury
And oh, the producer of Hollywood blockbusters The Patriot, Independence Day, and Godzilla DEAN DEVLIN... is a half-Filipino.

Lou Diamond Phillips and Rob Schneider also have Filipino blood.

smile

Arcane
Tia Carera,

she is cool, in relic hunter, and she is the voice of Nani in Lilo and Stitch (only the series i think)

Jury
And the Mortal Combat: Conquest star Paolo Montalban as Kung Lao is also a Filipino.

Jury
Originally posted by Arcane
she is cool, in relic hunter, and she is the voice of Nani in Lilo and Stitch (only the series i think)
yes I mean Tia Carere. smile

Jury
Lea Salonga, a Filipina singer-actress who played the role of Kim in the very successful Miss Saigon.

You can hear her singing when you're watching Mulan (Reflection) and Aladdin (singing Jasmine was her voice).

smile

Arcane
yes yeh she's cool

Jury
wink I'll just update this thread next time. Got to go.

Arcane
cya, Jury

Jury
wink See yah! gambit gambit2 gambit3 gambit4

IceWithin
Yes, that is true to all nations.

Not all Americans also can speak proper American English.
And not all British also can speak proper British English.

I remember the girl who won the Championship in London International English Public Speaking. She's a Filipina. During the elimination, all representatives from English-speaking countries like USA, UK, Australia, etc.. were dumped except for the Philippines. How unusual. She was able to survive up to the Championship level. A very great honor indeed.

smile

that isnt quite the same, all americans can speak english one way or another, english confused

madde
that isnt quite the same, all americans can speak english one way or another, english confused

except for the cap drivers in NYC big grin

but you're right .... there are in fact people in the Philippines who have no clue about such thing as English ...

as far I know on some islands they even still speak spanish ...

but ... let's honor them anyway ;o) wink

IceWithin
lol I know cuz when i went to manilla only the ppl in the hotel and the restaurants were able to speak english

Jury
As I said... that is true to all nations. Not all can speak proper English.

Take for instance, there is no such thing as "creative imagination" ... but I believe many English poets still using that phrase.

smile And we do not call it Spanish. It's different. There is indeed a dialect in the Philippines that somewhat sounds like Spanish. But it's not. It is "Chavacano".

IceWithin
in australia england new zaeland scotland ireland and the states, not everyone speaks PROPER english
in India, Nigeria Phillipines, etc. not everyone speaks ENGLISH
erm there is quite a difference

Jury
Again, I didn't claim that all Filipinos speak English. Yes. That is true. Even though English is one of the Philippines official languages, not all speak English. (Philippines has 2 politically official languages: Filipino and English). When you are asking me how come English is the Philippines' official language? I don't know. It is not me who decides what the one country's official language would be.

You were saying that there are some Filipinos who do not speak English.

I said, that is true.

IT IS THE SAME and TRUE to all nations.

Whether it is proper or not.

Arcane
Jury!!! whats up?

IceWithin
Again, I didn't claim that all Filipinos speak English. Yes. That is true. Even though English is one of the Philippines official languages, not all speak English. (Philippines has 2 politically official languages: Filipino and English). When you are asking me how come English is the Philippines' official language? I don't know. It is not me who decides what the one country's official language would be.

You were saying that there are some Filipinos who do not speak English.

I said, that is true.

IT IS THE SAME and TRUE to all nations.

Whether it is proper or not.

by saying "IT IS THE SAME and TRUE to all nations."
that was why I posted that...
Im not exactly sure what u mean by that

Jury
Sleepy here... yawn

Arcane
exhausted herestick out tongue

Jury
Okay, this is how it went:

I said: And among the most English-speaking country... Philippines is the fourth. Next to US, UK and India.

That is a fact. It's not just a speculation. It is officially and politically recognized.

And yet you asked:

"oh... but not ALL filipinos speak english right?"

I answered:

YES. That is true to all nations.

For non-English countries, not all speaks English.
For English speaking countries, it is nonsense to say that not all speaks English. But it is still TRUE to say that in these countries not all speaks PROPER English.

I didn't say the concept is the same. I said, it's true to all nations.

Jury
happy got to go... need to sleep now.

nyt nyt guyz... cya next time. wink

IceWithin
Okay, this is how it went:

I said: And among the most English-speaking country... Philippines is the fourth. Next to US, UK and India.

That is a fact. It's not just a speculation. It is officially and politically recognized.

And yet you asked:

"oh... but not ALL filipinos speak english right?"

I answered:

YES. That is true to all nations.

For non-English countries, not all speaks English.
For English speaking countries, it is nonsense to say that not all speaks English. But it is still TRUE to say that in these countries not all speaks PROPER English.

I didn't say the concept is the same. I said, it's true to all nations.

I thought u meant like in no country everyone speaks english...
did that make any sense ^ ? messed

Arcane
cya Jury!!!!!

Jury
OKay, madde, IceWithin... I didn't post this thread to claim that Philippines is a perfect country. No. I know that Philippines has its own dirt. Its also true to all nations.

But since I'm a Filipino, it is my duty as a citizen to honor my country. I didn't say something bad against other countries. If I did, let me know and I am sorry. Okay? No big deal I guess.

I am just saying that Philippines, according to the world records of facts, is politically and officially the fourth English-speaking country in the world.

smile

Arcane
i might go there, once i get more money, and maybe a travel buddy, i hate being a loner sad

*SpunkiE*
I went to the Philippines for a month in March just this year, and i stayed in Makati. I have to truthfully say, my expectations werent high, but DANG!! Makati's as good as Sydney! I met all my cousins, they loved us and treated me and my family like royalty, and i got asked to be in an add and also shoot for Cosmopolitan! That was great, and everyone i spoke to spoke english so yeah....

Oh yeah, i was watching tv over there and i like that girl named klya, i think it is. she has a really good voice and is really pretty!

Jury
Kyla is one of the country's great performers. wink And beautiful indeed. yes

Mist
jury...did you ever finish the breaking codes game?

Jury
Conclusion is very soon. wink

Mist
ok....just wondering...havent seen it around anywhere...

Jury
There's a link under my siggy... Actually only one topic left. After that... the answer. Have you checked out the last one before? smile

Mist
nah...havent checked for while.....been busy..

anyway, im off to sleep.

Jury
No prob.

Anyway, more on Rica Peralejo

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/6503/rica32mu.jpg
http://rica.pinoycentral.com/gallery/rica3.jpg
http://rica.pinoycentral.com/gallery/rica4.jpg

Korri
Its all girls!

No Kirky no dice! schmoll

*slams door on way out*

you'll learn!