I got my first Job!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
So yea I just got my new Acura TL as many of you know already so I have to get a job to pay off some payments and also the gas. So any way I applied to like 4 differnt places and the place that is right down the street hired me. I am working at a fast food joint called Pops. So looks like this summer Ill be getting lots of free great food. big grin also making a huge amount of money 6.25 an hour eek! The banks have been calling me one by one trying to get me to put all my moeny into their banks stick out tongue

leatherface12
Good job D. big grin

DeNiro
damn right good job do you know how many people i had to sleep with to get a job there

leatherface12
lol How many people did you have to sleep with?

DeNiro
zero sad

leatherface12
Well at least you have a good car. stick out tongue

LindsIsSexyK
blink I'm making 7.52 an hour right now, and all I do is push carts stick out tongue

You call $6.25 good? stick out tongue

DeNiro
is that what you have been doing linds for the past 6 months is pushing carts because this is the first time i have heard from you in a long time stick out tongue

all i know is that is the starting payment ill make alot more in a month or so probably i hope

BackFire
Damn, is that minimum wage where you live? that's hella low.

Anyways, a jobs a job, congrats to you my friend.

DeNiro
thank ya backfire. and yea it is pretty low but all i know is that its a great job because it has the best hours like they are so flexable in my hours and then in september i only have to work saturdays and sundays because i have to play golf for high school then in october they said i can have my regular 5 day a wekk job back

Tex
Is A TL that new 4 door sedan or is it those sporty 2 door ones?
Cause those have no leg room!

Ellen
NO!

Scotty
how old are you? my mates 17 and gets 13-15 an hour. but then again, he is crew chief and assistain manager at mcdonalds

chops
fast food restraunt.......................................... well its betta dan nothin congradulations (im a terible speller)

Trinity_Matrix
Nice!

I need a job...yeah, I babysit, and make $7 an hour doing that...but since I only babysit about 8 hours a week it's not enough. And I really need a car for when I go to college in three months.

Korri
sick thumb up

amity75
Korri, I just noticed your "2 minutes to midnight" sig. Unbelievably cool my friend.

drunk_nazgul
Man, do I wish I had a job like you've got, guys! eek! I want a car when I'm in college. yes

Raz
Congrats smile

ash007
yeah well done.

you learn alot when u have a job u learn the value for money

shake zula
excellent!

btw, i was making only $4.25 when i startde my first job... and the food wasn't free. it wasn't great either!

Trinity_Matrix
I need a car for college...I'm staying at home and the school I'm going to is 30 minutes away, so I'll definitely need to be driving back and forth everyday.

<<Solo>>
That's exactly what I was going to say. I make....30$ an hour..... But I go part time right now.

Darth Revan
Whoa... 30 bucks an hour... That's more than my dad makes embarrasment

What do you do?

Trinity_Matrix
I wish I made $30 an hour...not going to happen, though, me being 18, just out of high school a week, and about to go to college...

<<Solo>>
I work for my Dad in engineering. I'm working on getting a degree in law though.

Darth Revan
Err... Aren't you still in high school?

<<Solo>>
No I skipped a grade. And well....kind of confusing....I was the age of a 5th grader when I skipped 6th grade.

<<Solo>>
Not really believeable yes I know.

Trinity_Matrix
I believe it...if they'd let people skip grades in my school I probably would have graduated high school last year or the year before instead of this year messed

<<Solo>>
Yeah it's some pretty awesome stuff. But not a lot of people got to skip here. Just me and some kid named Jerome.

Trinity_Matrix
They didn't let anyone skip in my school...just put the smart kids in advanced classes. I was in them since 1st grade roll eyes (sarcastic)

<<Solo>>
That's lame. Advanced classes,really what's the difference between Advanced Classes and skipping a grade either way you learn advanced stuff, just if you skip a grade your with a different class.

Trinity_Matrix
Yeah, I know...it's really pointless, because they pulled us out of regular class and there was only about 10 of us tops when I was in 5th (when I was in 1st grade I was the only one in my school and it sucked).

<<Solo>>
Wait they pulled you out of your regular classes permanently? Because if they did, I really don't understand why they didn't let you skip a grade, because your with a different class anyways.

Trinity_Matrix
Not permanently out of class, just for a few classes a day. It was stupid.

Darth Revan
I wouldn't want to skip a grade... 'Cos then not only are you younger than everybody in your class, but you don't have any classes with your friends from the other class..

<<Solo>>
Well I was titled nerd untill I skipped a grade and everyone just thought I was hillarious. Maybe those little kids just didn't get my advanced jokes.

Trinity_Matrix
Probably...

And at my school (my high school at least) most of the classes were mixed grade levels, pretty much the only time you'd have classes with only people in your grade was freshman year.

<<Solo>>
Oh yeah, highschool was the same here. When I was a freshman I'd have Juniours in most of my classes.

LeAtHerRFace
Congrats Bud.

When ya have time dont forget to lift with da big boys... big grin

DeNiro
O dont you worry thats all i have been doing this summer is lifting weights crazy style. All i have been doing this summer is sleeping in till 1 getting up going to the gym taking a shower going to my girl friends house and eating thats eat. good times

DeNiro
The TL is the 4 dr sedan with lots of leg room but since i make the seats go back so far and make the back of the seats lean back their is little or no room for the people in back o seat because i have t look cool driving. wink

LeAtHerRFace
Sounds like fun bro. big grin .

Rabid_Wolverine
congrats deniro.

heres a little tip. it'll be hard at first but stick with it.

make sure you get on your boss's good side because you never know when they may scratch your back.

LindsIsSexyK
Unfortunately that isn't all I do; but that would be nice.

Now I'm training for another job at my favorite place in the world: the tanning salon big grin

And sorry to say this Deniro, but once I start working there, I'll be around even less because I'll be working 60+ hours a week! eek!

Serious Hiker
Working or tanning? stick out tongue

Serious Hiker
Damn, how do I get rid of that crap when I quote people's posts?

LindsIsSexyK
Preston I don't know what the hell all that stuff is but it's weird wacko

Oh and to answer your question, I'll work for about 8 hours, and THEN go tanning stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.