Socks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
So how do people go about getting multiple accounts anyways? Doesn't that require both multiple email adresses and multiple internet connections?

And no, I'm not asking this question for the reason you think I am wink

Raz
They're usually psychotic so....

VallejoKid707
laughing out loud

stinkfist462
laughing

Raz
We all know stinkys got dozens...

silver_tears
he isn't the only one ninja
I mean just look at TH stick out tongue

WindDancer
I found something interesting about socking. This is what I understand. A sock is a KMC member with two or more accounts under his/her computer. Okay, that is quite clear. But how can they create a new account?

Yesterday I log off the board. Later in the day I log on again, but I click the new membership option by mistake and I got this message:

"Our records show that you have already registered at this board under the name of WindDancer. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here."

Now if every member gets this message when they click on the free membership option. How can they make the sock? It seems imposible to make a sock! So how is it that ppl actually create a sock?

yerssot
they have evil ways to do that?

WindDancer
Making socks is dull.

Dexx
how about a different ip, when making one...what's so impossible about that? no expression

yerssot
you sound like an expert dexx... *puts on sherlock holmes hat*

Dexx
yup..elemntary, that stick out tongue
though i'm no expert

WindDancer
IP address? Sounds possible. I still don't understand why would someone want to spend their time doing that. erm

Raz
It's possible, but I don't think the best option is to reveal how this can be achieved.

WindDancer
That's understood Raz. Discretion is the best policy in this sensitive information topic.

yerssot
PM me if you want to know more shifty

Dexx
that's not discretion..that's secrecy stick out tongue

Kaleanae
Yes whistle

burlyman
^ eek! love your sig! Leon is one of my favouritest films smile

they could just sign up at school or library or somewhere messed

Darth Revan
I tried doing it at school just to see what would happen... You also have to have two different email addresses.

Evy_O
why's that, it's very easy to write a fake email address messed

Dexx
no...you get a registration notiffication mail...so it has to be valid...or else it'll say it doesn't exist. but it's easy to create a new e-mail...that's not a problm.....
but it's silly to go through all of this...for...nothing

Raz Jr

yerssot
lets not find out and just move on shall we?

Dexx
no..this is too insignifiant to be a tabu subject

yerssot
sure, twas only a suggestion

Dexx
no..it was a direct attack ON MEEE!! how DARE you!?

yerssot
bite me roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
outRAAAAAAGEuous!!! outrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgeous!!
behave yourself

yerssot
just put me on your ignore list dexx, less hassle

WindDancer
I'm still trying to get into your ignore list yerssot. stick out tongue

yerssot
in as in knowing who I ignore or your name in it?

Dexx
bleh....like i'd ever bother to use such a thing as an ignore list.....
can't one simply ignore somone without placing him on a list?

Raz
I'm gonna close this one before people start giving tips on how to create socks....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.