your thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Many other Franchise Forums have a chat thread based on a section of their Franchise. What do you guys think? Would you like one? Would it cut down on the number of pointless threads, maybe, if you had a thread to be pointless in? It would be much like the Tig Party of LotR.

Say yay or nay, and post suggestions for naming the thread here!

Elondra
Yeah something like the Tig party would be cool.

There should also be a offial question thread.

shanie623
Good idea thumb up

frodo_dude
yeah phoe u should open that thread

Elondra
What will it be called?

frodo_dude
OFFICIAL QUESTION THREAD

Phoenix
Any nominations for chat thread name to be put here - I'll do a poll and see what people like best

Phoenix
What sort of thing do you mean? what questions?

frodo_dude
every kinds oif question (about hbp of course)

Phoenix
it's just that, some of the questions will lead to really good threads... like 'What significance does Snape have?' and things like that.

Tassie
I agree with the idea....

Maybe we could merge both ideas-- since I already have a "Hogwarts Cafe" for Rogue's and my HP game, which is kinda like a chat thread already, we can start another thread instead with a slightly different angle to it-- something like "The Three Broomsticks" or some hp name... where, in addition to being a chat thread, you can also ask questions, etc... that's how Tig Party is-- we chat alot, and also ask (Exa) questions there... smile

frodo_dude
or let's call it the hog's head

Lianslo
sounds like a good idea to me...i'm going w/ tassie on this one..."The Three Broomsticks" sounds good...

frodo_dude
yeah whatever

Súro
can i just point something out to you people

think hard about this social thread idea
as the tig party in the lotr area has killed the forum

there is mass posting in there
and everywhere else is pretty much neglected

Tassie
Phoe, I AGREE totally with Sauron here-- it just struck me-- the creating of the tig party practically killed all the other interesting discussions on the forum-- it would be an awful idea to repeat it here... trust me *shudders* I was there... when it all began...

Elondra
Well yeah I agree with you. That forum is pretty dead nowsad

Tassie
It's not really dead smile We still manage to hold onto some of our interesting threads confused

But it's not as it used to be... sad

The Ones
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_60.gif

Súro
^Not Funny

Agent Elrond
I tried to bring back some good thread, but they died again. Maybe when EE comes out, it'll pick up again.

Anyway, aren't the 4 houses threads like social threads? I'm just wondering

Tassie
umm in a way they are, AE-- but remember they're for the members of IH thing, and they have to discuss the challenges there, as well... even though it is like a chat thread

btws, I like the name of the poll-- "Would you like a pointless chat thread?" laughing out loud

Lianslo
you guys bring up a good point...

airangel
Phoe I think we should have one............................. OR maybe a thread like they have in Rum Drinking Thread in POTC & the TIG Party in LOTR........... (the party threads)

We could title it the Leaky Cauldron.........or maybe Hogs Head.....or the other bar that is in Hogsmeade.

frodo_dude
yeah ok ariangel open it now... we can call it either "the three broomsticks" or "the leaky cauldron"

Súro
well-airangel your an odd mod- you actually want to creat the thread that will destroy your forum??

Elondra
It's was actually Phoe's plan.

frodo_dude
it's not gonna destroy the forum lol, in fact it will reduce the pointless threads

Súro
@frododude

yeah sure- right
go look at the lotr forum

it has absolutely died since the creation of the tig party-it cuts down pointless threads

but also it cuts down ALL threads

airangel
well sometimes that is good.

In POTC...they are allowed their Rum Thread................they still get off topic but I pop in and they get off track........ there's not much to talk about except J.D. & Orlando..................

Súro
well, do what you like, i dont come in here much anyway

but i thought i would try and give a bit good advice to my neighbouring forum

go to the lotr forum
spend say a night there.

look at how many posts tig gets- and how little anywhere else gets

did you know that last month tig had more posts than this whole forum

BingaBonga
I think that I'd be nice, just except that the Tig parties go way off topic, which is okay... sure why not?

Phoenix
Three Broomsticks was my orig idea! big grin I just wanted to see what everyone else thought

Phoenix
ANd the point of the thread is that it will be pointless. There will be no topic to stick to. The interesting discussion threads will still go on, and not be interupted by 'Hi guys!', 'Anyone see ER last night?' or random 'I love Tom Felton!'

Tassie
I have to agree with Sauron here sad Tig has destroyed the rest of our forum sad

And who is to know for sure that newbies will actually stop the pointless threads and post there instead? It's not guaranteed

I say Nay

but it's just my opinion

Súro
i say nay aswell
at least sombody agrees with me

i have experience in this thing!

Tassie
Whoa so it's only both of us, then?

The two LotR kids

They'll learn soon enough.. shifty

Súro
laughing shifty

Elessea
I said no too yes

I was there when tig party first opened, and now everyone goes there instead of the good threads no it made the forum worse, not better sad

So I am with you too Tas and Saur....

laughing

Tassie
w00t! three against eight! laughing out loud go us

Elessea
laughing out loud they should listen to us yes we know what we are talking about stick out tongue

frodo_dude
i think u guys might b right about the "three broomsticks forum" but i stick to the idea of the "question thread" cause all newbies 4 example want to know.... say when HP6 is comin' out so they just open a thread about it, so if we have a question thread, in the first page they'll just go there, cause i've seen that newbies most of the time open question threads no discussions threads but questions, that's y i agree the idea of the question forum,
but hell that's just my opinion and i guess i have to agree with the three broomsticks thingy (that it will destroy our forum) ands if ppl wants to talk about whatever jst go to the tig party or off topic forum

RoguePw25
I like the Three Broomsticks.

frodo_dude
i like it too! but the other guys say iot might destroy our forums and mayb that might b right and we for sure don't want that right?

Súro
might be right?

we ARE

right.

you know those films where some people want to do something- but sombody has had experience with it before and they say 'nooo dont do it' and they dont listen----then everyone dies.

go figure

frodo_dude
lol... u cannot b 100 % sure ok! 'cause this is not the LotR forum is HP so it's possible that even though we have a pointless chat ppl will still post in their common rooms and participate in the challenges, and i'm sorry experience?? LotR it does not mean u have experience.

Agent Elrond
A social thread may ruin this forum, but it way not. There's almost nothing to talk about at the LotR forum, but there are still 2 books and more movies left here, so discussions can still continue

frodo_dude
so what da ya think? we should open a social thread or not?

Súro
NO

i DO have experience

this forum is kinda slow to start with- open a social thread and BOOM there goes other threads.

you might think it keeps all the pointlessness in that thread
but it doesnt trust me.

Tassie
Here's my view on the topic...

Point 1-- if people want to ask questions
There are different types of questions--
1. simple questions about the upcoming books: There are official threads for each of the books
2. simple questions about POA-- there's an official thread for that as well
3. questions about auditioning for roles-- there are millions of threads for that
4. deep, thought-provoking questions that can lead to interesting discussions: those earn an entire thread to themselves, for EVERYONE, not just those who would visit the social thread, to part-take in these real discussions
5. threads about the actors-- there is an official thread for this as well
6. threads about the characters-- yeah, official thread here, again

And, I have the links to most of these "official" threads if anyone wants them.

Point 2--
These same newbies who come in the forum and make new pointless, dup threads are not guaranteed to visit the social thread-- In the same way they bypass the Rules thread, they can easily bypass our social thread

Point 3--
The creation of a social thread in the lotr forum has maimed the rest of our interesting threads-- only our game threads remain active now

On this forum, however, the problem is not a lack of a social thread-- but of people who are too lazy to search for a topic, or who start pointless, unnecessary, or unrelated topics.

Therefore, my point is-- a social thread can do us no good, really.

frodo_dude
2day i visited the lottr forum and even though it had a social thread tehre were tons of other threads with the NEW note above them

Tassie
Yeah, but you were just visiting

Trust us, who practically live there

frodo_dude
LOL ok trust u guys! wink

Súro
new to you yes-every thread in this ofrum has a new one cos i havent read the replied

frodo_dude
what?

frodo_dude
oh ok get it

Súro
whoah i made so many typos

Elessea
we have gained more votes stick out tongue it's 5 of us now saying no...

I agree with the points Tas made yes

Súro
i agree with Suro

Elessea
laughing out loud Course you do...

i agree with him too stick out tongue

Phoenix
Well, what do people think to a trial period, just over the summer? If it DOES kill the forum, we can get rid of it.

frodo_dude
sounds good 2 me....

ladygrim
sounds like a good idea ... but will it b allowed....hmm

frodo_dude
of course cause phoe's a mod

celestial_moon
hpforums does the same thing but in those catagories, they have different threads in it.i think we may need more space 2 do that but we cant have extra space, right?

LUNALOVER101
Doesn't anybody think that Harry and Luna are gonna end up together? I think that's how it's going to go! Happy Dance I mean it's obvious isn't it? J.k. Rowling is so unpredictable...she made us think that Harry thought Luna was weird right? She did the same with Hermione!

celestial_moon
ummmmmmm, wrong thread.

Elondra
sad

Elondra
evil face

celestial_moon
evil face mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

frodo_dude
LOL

azyne
Oh! How about call it..."Whatever"? Man. Ideas sound so much stupider when they're not just in my head anymore. no

I like "The Hog's Head". Or even..."Madam Rosemerta's". Or the sugar-fairy-fluff place that Cho took Harry. Except I'm not too fond of it *scrunches nose* How about..."The Broom Closet"!! *dies laughing*

azyne
Laugh, laugh, laugh.

Wow. This new forum is going to be for posts like mine, isn't it? I'm sad.

no

Phoenix
Hmm... I think possibly the summer holidays would be best to start this, as we'll have lots of noobs who don't have school to occupy them... when does everyone's summer holidays start, please? I know England is at the end of July

azyne
My summer just started yesterday. I live in Ontario, Canada. I know most Pacific schools in US ended with mine as well. But some of my friends in Mississippi (south US) started their break in May, and start again in August. So, it varies. You should probably start now, then.

A.marie
pointless thread? its fun to chat but its spamming.

Elessea
our schools were out first of june...

Scar
SO where is the thread?

frodo_dude
yeah phoe make the thread lot more ppl will come 2 the HP forum

frodo_dude
hey phoe don't u think that after the book six will b relased we should do another sixth book thread but instead we woul;d call it "harry potter and the halfblood prince" (as many of u know JK officially said that that was the name) cause the sixth book official thread is all about rumors but this new one would b about what u liked and what did u not liked... does anybody agree?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.