slipknot save metallica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
Slipknot Save Metallica reads the headlines at VirtualFestivals.com. And the story unfolds as follows:

"Rock history was made today as METALLICA seized triumph from the jaws of disaster, after drummer Lars Ulrich was hospitalised with a mystery ailment, on the day of their headline performance at the second day of the Download Festival.

"Whereas lesser bands would fold in the face of such adversity, METALLICA were not going to let this little setback spoil the party.

"A frantic backstage call for arms (and sticks) rallied an impressive contingent of troops from other artists on today's line-up, all ready and willing to do their bit for the 'TALLICA, and a secret spur-of-the-moment rehearsal/audition was held in the band's dressing room to decide a set-list!

"The crowd were not informed of the crisis unfolding backstage, and patience was beginning to wear thin after the band had failed to appear, more than an hour after their due time, evoking the festive chant of 'You're shit!'

"At around 10pm, the 'Ecstacy of Gold' intro music kicked in, and the boos became frenzied cheers. These soon faded, as the three emerging band members walked solemnly to the front of the stage. Singer James Hetfield was quick to get to the point.

" 'We would like to apologise for being so late to start, but only three of us made it down here to Donington today. Unfortunately our drummer, Lars, is in hospital. We don't know what's wrong, but we wish him all the best. Some friends of ours are gonna help us out, so we're going to make rock history tonight!'

"First in the hot seat was SLAYER's Dave Lombardo, much to the crowd's obvious delight, as the band kicked off with an apprehensive 'Battery', and just about pulled it off, with a lot of nodding from Hetfield and bassist Rob Trujillo. Next up was SLIPKNOT's Joey Jordison, and then something magical happened. Surging into 'For Whom the Bell Tolls', the remaining band members were unable to contain their smiles as it quickly became apparent that the small, demure figure behind the kit was not so much their salvation, as their hero of the day.

"As his confidence grew, Jodison began to add his own flavour, improvising thundering fills over 'Creeping Death' and 'Seek and Destroy', much to the glee of beaming guitarist Kirk Hammett. After a brief and not-entirely-successful attempt by drum tech Flemming to cover on a ropey 'Fade to Black', plans to bring on LIFE OF AGONY's Sal Abruscato and bring back Lombardo and Flemming were swiftly aborted. METALLICA had found their drummer for the night!

"After what will long be remembered as a truly legendary performance, a clearly shell-shocked Jordison staggered off-stage to an emotional reunion with his unmasked SLIPKNOT bandmates, proclaiming 'You just made rock history, dude!' He just did."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how sicks that! wonder if theres mp3s of the set floating around, sounds like joey kicked ass! and did he were his mask? thats my big question

loserib
yes i read somewhere he did where his mask and i also rerad he did the set better then lars could have ever

tabby999
at least he can talk and not feel the need to talk for a half hour to answer a simple question

"so lars, how are you?"
"well it all started when i was three...."

Deathblow
I can never take Slipknot seriously in interviews, there like a slightly more sinister version of the muppet show.

ElectricBugaloo
with simpler songs

BackFire
Joey Jordinson is one of the most talented drummers in metal right now, the guy can play.

misha
uuuh can any1 actually b bofad readin that??

Df02
i was there....
tbh at the time he didnt seem nething too special, hes a good drummer no doubt of that....but id have rather seen Lars Ulrich

he did wear his mask, and yea he did improvise on a few songs, but imo it just made the songs sound crowded, hes too double-bass happy

Painkiller
i am going to see metilca at the rds on 25 june can not waitband

loserib
double bass is good
and out of all the drummers there metallica felt he would do the best filling in thats got to say something

Df02
as i said, he was good.....but id prefer to have seen Lars play, since i wanted to see Metallica play, not 3/4 of Metallica + guest

and no, double bass isnt good when it crowds the song.

Darth Revan
Um.. yeah... in fact I think you're the only one in here who didn't read it.

Df02
i didnt read it, but i knew what it said neway :P

loserib
i will just take your word for it since you were there and i was not

BackFire
Lars is a whiney little vagina.

Df02
yea, but hes the drummer for metallica, a very good drummer for metallica at that.

and i wanted to see metallica......

amity75
Has anyone found out what was wrong with Lars?

tabby999
yeah like backfire said hes suffereing from whiney vaginaitis

can anyone be bothered learning how to spell?

misha
embarrasment

amity75
Maybe Lars had his period.

Df02
OD'd i think....thats the rumour round here neway messed

Black Onyx
laughing out loud

rock

amity75
Yeah whenever rock stars suddenly take unwell it's usually hard drugs related.

tabby999
yeah, big tough lars, took a few panadol and twigged out completly. sorry, i'm just not a fan of him, with the whole napster thing, and the long answer thing. hes lucky hes part of such a cool band...

deathbysterio
rock SLIPKNOT FUKIN RULE DUDES....ill b seein them in da CIA in cardiff.......yea bitchs....rock

deathbysterio
donatello

Df02
no really they dont, i hate slipknot now....they annoy me soo much, no offence but the majority of their fans are new to the genre and nly like them because they have funny masks lol

tabby999
that dosn't make them a bad band, it just makes people who like them because they wear masks idiots

VENOMfan
Slipknot is good.

Df02
Slipknot cover up for their low musical ability by a gimmick and having stupid amounts of musicians in the band
EDIT: the only really decent musician is Joey

VENOMfan
Every body has there opinions. I personally could care less about what they look like or what the drummers hobbies are.

I dont listen to the radio or watch MTV. how the music sounds is the only thing I care about

loserib
im not new to the metal scene and i love slipknot and when i first heard em i did not even know they wore mask

tabby999
nah dude, Jim and Mick from slipknot are both great guitarists, and Corey has a really good voice, its evident in their new cd and stone sours cd. but unfortunatly due to the type of music they make, he dosn't use it to its full potential. and just because their gimmick is masks dosn't matter, if you dont like them because they wear masks, then thats really sad, its not what they look like its the music that counts.

and jet suck

SlipknoT
laughing

SlipknoT
I didnt know Slipknot had masks until about a month after I heard them, and I still thought they were great

Aini
I like slipknot.. and the fact that some lil newbie - metal - slipknot kiddo fans like em too doesn't make me not likeing or hate em (hope that make sence to you...it does to me).
corey is a great singer, the songs are good and their live performance is great....so I love em..and i don' t give a damn what they wear and how they look like...they're not a f*cking boygroupe.........what in fact some female - fans haven't realiced yet, for some reason.

ragesRemorse
the only original members of metallica left is lars and hetfeild, i mean hetfield should probably just join slipknot and become one big happy family

Hostile
Oh man, I was ****ing there, and when Joey came out people went ****ing CRAZY. A bunch of Metallica fans were booing him off, but the pure weight of Slipknot fans pressured them into silence. And Joey proved himself to be a god-like drummer. He rocked. Kerrang are playing Enter Sandman Live a lot these days.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.