What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
For me, it is the difference in all the people. The variety of people that gather to fight off the 'evil' presence. Such a wide array of people 'uniting,' it was rather inspiring.

But, when I was younger, it was more the dream of being like them. big grin

What aspect of X-Men appeals to you the most? Be it now or before.

flavinho
well b4 the same thing, i wanted to be Gambit and date Rogue, now...the prejudice thing, the Evolution subject, that it could be real some thousands of years forward...and that there are characters "near to reality", some of them aren't good at all or bad at all like in other stories...

Be@st
I like the way that they described characters. No one is just good...or bad...everyone have their own story.

John Allerdyce
ummmmmmmmmmm coz pyro burns people blink i dunno

Pao
My first look at the X-Men world was a few years ago in that old Marvel Superheroes game..... obviously I played with Psylocke (and I hated Spiderman so much 'cause he always beat me mad but now we are friends.... I even watch his movies and buy his comics ocasionally wink).... ok but back on topic.....Psylocke was who dragged me into this X-World and I wanted to be a ninja and kick everyone's......eyes big grin

did I answer your question? blink

cLoVi€
i was weird with me...
long time ago (don't kill me) i was thinking that is is just another stupid-hero-story...
but later i saw evo, and i noticed that they're normal ppl with only some powers.
so i saw the movie/s.
and start to getting more info about it.

and btw rogue in evo has similar personality to me.. confused

Vampiree
i like x-men cuz they're funny big grin that's all

Mana4X2
I like X-Men cos I would love to have powers like that. The thought of having some of those abilitis totally rocks. I love the special effects in the movies too. I would love to know someone like Logan or Rogue.

Mana

Sunspot
the powers, the style of the characters and wolverine =P

poshtotty1987
i like x-men because it's different and really successful.
Its kinda what we see everyday of out lives cos its a different race/culture. its like mutants h8 humans cos they dont understand thats there's more than just 1 culture.
and also i like iceman!! mmmmmm shawn ashmore

poshtotty1987
i meant humans h8 mutants

Be@st
Yeah....it's not just fight of good and evil...it also has some sort of message.

flavinho
i played it when i was 10 years. i still remeber the sounds Psylocke made in Marvel Super Heroes!! somth like Feisca!!, Fighting!!! (i didnt know english that time, and i still don know what it means )

Elanor
i almost totally agree with clov

but now this was Dez who 'introduced' xmen to me and first i didnt really understand why she loved it so much laughing out loud
but then i saw the first movie, the evo episodes and then when i saw the second movie i had already been a big fan of it big grin

actually i love it cuz of the characters i think 8)

Jury Copeland
when i was a kid... i started to buy Marvel cards during school then...
we used to play with the cards... a sort of bets and winnings...
until i gained a lot of those cards and started to read the back stories and other info and so i struck with the groupings and i tried to sort them according to their groups and i came up with the Avengers group and the X-Men...

I didn't like the Avengers story... that was sooo common... and boring.

What I like most in X-Men characters is that they were threatened by humanity but still continues to uphold the principle of uniting these humans with mutant kinds. I dunno... that much feels unique to me... and with sense. cool

John Allerdyce
they are outcasts whitch is kool, ^^ coz they can kick some serious butt big grin

Cyclops
Mutants are met with fear and hostility. Human nature makes us fear what we do not understand. (God, I sound like Xavier)

Has anyone watched the cast and crew interviews on 1.5? Ian talks about how is can relate to the life of a mutant because, even though he is a movie star, he is also a homosexual. He knows what it is like to be feared, and mocked, and so on and so forth.

It is easy to relate to X-Men because.... they are very life-like.

RiverX-girl
Yeah, and it's like no matter who you are, where you're from, or what your deal is, there's someone you can relate to. Being able to relate to a character just makes it better!

Jury Copeland
"People fear what they don't understand. It makes them do wrong things sometimes --- Things they come to regret later..."
-Scott Summers, X-Men TAS

I always believe in that. I remember the times when once I was discriminated and persecuted by the people who I considered friends just because of what I should believe and what I used to believe...
It's just they don't understand... I dunno...

That's why I like the X-Men so much... I can relate in one way or another to what they are dealing with in the side of what they call -- LIFE.

cool

Austinzilla
for me, it was how well they wrote the characters...portraying them as regular people just like us that went through changes in their life to, i suppose you could say, "fulfill" their destiny

John Allerdyce
its this simple they have powers and they can kick @$$ big grin WHAAHAH laughing

FRO§T
and they all have great hair j/k, what J A said

John Allerdyce
messed when i read people calling me J A i think of jack ass ^^ call me sky

FRO§T
fine, but why Sky, why not john or pyro

John Allerdyce
arr coz i call spearhead pyro, and i changed my username too John Allerdyce it was Kofmaster, and Sky coz its my nick name

FRO§T
ok sky

Testing
Pyro makes me a fan of x-men rolling on floor laughing

John Allerdyce
big grin i never would have guess aqua laughing

FRO§T
what was i thinking

John Allerdyce
blink i dont wonna know

FRO§T
u do

cLoVi€
who has great hair????? blink

FRO§T
i was answering the question, what makes u an x-men fan, i said because they have great hair, and ur in my sig see

wiccancowboy
I am an X-Men fan, because I am gay, and growing up I had to hide who I was, and when people found out I was hated and feared. The X-Men were the only ones that understood me, they were the people in my life that I could relate to. They helped me through some tough times in life. I escaped to their world more times than I could ever count. And also, they have amazing powers, and I dream about having powers. (SO if anyone knows of any genetic engineering programs that are looking for volunteers for super soldier stuff, let me know! LOL)

Daisy Duke
cuz i a geek and i love the comic books geek

kohl
firstly, i love comic books. then what specifically drew me to x-men is the everpresent conflict of having to protect humankind when it really doesn't care about mutants. the way each x-men deals with this in spite of what they believe in is always interesting.
the storylines, especially the older ones, i always thought were fabulous. the art, the character interactions ... when it was good, it was good.

Jury
I don't just like X-Men... I love them.

gambit12 mon ami

masterkit
The Thing that made me an X-men fan was actually my friends...but the thing I most liked about them they made me more of a fan,how well theses comics were done and they should plenty of strong characters and they werent just men............................(and the women had skimpy costumesbig grin)

buffymitch
Why I like X-Men is beacuse of The opressed minority issues they portray in the movies or in the comics. I love that there are two main groups of mutants. Me being part of an "opressed minority" i strongly relate to both sides. I Like it that both sides are sometimes hypocrits and not always what they say they are. I also love the politics and science fiction in X-men. It's more Fiction but it made me more of a scientific person. Evolution, Genetics etc.

pr1983
Wasn't there a thread just like this before? no expression

-Ri-
what made me a fan? hm..
i guess it was the diversity of powers that they had and how they used them together, to protect the same people who hate and fear them. its a really complex idea and its carried out so well.
the exlaination that they were human beings, but mutants was a pretty cool way of explaining it, like, its completly natural that these guys have these powers, they didnt have to get bitten by a radioactive spider or come from another planet to have these gifts.
and Wolverine.

Jury
Originally posted by pr1983
Wasn't there a thread just like this before? no expression
Yes. And you might be thinking of the old one. This is the old one, paul. This thread was posted by Smallville (Scott) two years ago. You might be thinking of this one, too. smile I just brought this to life.

gambit12 mon ami

quiqueg34
Stan Lee created it during the civil rights movement so it's completely understandable that everyone would identify with those themes and issues. It's a main reason why I love the x-men but everyone has talked about this reason. The main one that no one has talked about is their strength. Could you imagine being able to read peoples thoughts and not take advantage of it by mearly wanting to know what your girlfriend is actually thinking. Being able to morph into anyone you want and yet stay who you are and do the right thing. I find it sooo fascinating that these characters have enough integrity to not abuse their powers and use them for good.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Sunspot
the powers, the style of the characters and wolverine =P

why does everyone like him? i read xmenbecause of the variations, nationalitiesand, of course, theirpowers-they're so cool!Jumpy rock laughing rolling on floor laughing droolio..........sorry about that..........

magnuslives
Originally posted by wiccancowboy
I am an X-Men fan, because I am gay, and growing up I had to hide who I was, and when people found out I was hated and feared. The X-Men were the only ones that understood me, they were the people in my life that I could relate to. They helped me through some tough times in life. I escaped to their world more times than I could ever count. And also, they have amazing powers, and I dream about having powers. (SO if anyone knows of any genetic engineering programs that are looking for volunteers for super soldier stuff, let me know! LOL)

seriously? or did you just make that up?-please don't hurt me if i offended youcry

JohnnyDo3
for getting their asses kicked by the Juggernaut

megaroguefan
they have rogue as an member.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.