Stargate - Atlantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MC Mike
Official but bad site - http://www.stargateatlantis.com/
SciFi site, GREAT - http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/
TEASER - http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/video/teaser.html
I've been waiting for this since the first commercial in December. eek!

One month left. big grin

Has anyone else been waiting for it? stick out tongue Does anyone even know about it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The premise is that the Lost City is found, Atlantis, and a new gate with it. This gate, unlike the previous one, can transport us to other galaxies, while the other one stuck to planets within the Milky Way.

As a side note, the new gate is nice. cool

steptreks
nope im not looking forward to it! itll take all the shine off sg1 also i dont like that lady= the one who took over from hammond and mckay!!! acha fi!

SpikeSpiegel
Isn't the gate on another planet, in the pegasus galaxy? They just get there and they set up a base there instead of on Earth.

MC Mike
I don't know about that, all I know is that the gate is in Atlantis, like I said. No one said Atlantis is on Earth. erm

MC Mike
You know, I have to agree with you for that last part. And it would be dreadful if it was a cheap spin-off, but we shall see. sad

steptreks
i dont think were gonna get it in a month- cos series 8 of sg1 has to start first cos jack n dan are in the premier of atlantis and they havnet advertised that yet!!

SpikeSpiegel
SG-1 series 8 starts a week before Atlantis in July

steptreks
in britain as well?? or is that just america

SpikeSpiegel
US, the UK one starts in Septembet apparently.

steptreks
oh thats ok! i can just about wait that long!

ash007
indeed

i just hope they dont ruin it

matchbox_dan
i think its going to be crap.

they will write the same scripts and try to make the characters the same as in sg1 as they know it works in that format.

they should just stick with sg1.

spin-offs are always bad

Predator 89
I don't agree, i for one am excited to see the SG universe expand into new directions. SG:A is going to bring the classic exploration and adventure that SG1 is tending to lack. Lately on sg1 most of the new episodes are going to be base oriented only five out of 10 so far revolve around space exploration. As for the characters i wouldn't sell them short just yet. It would be best to have faith in the writers and actors to bring life into the characters. If you want more info on SG:A & SG1 go to www.Gateworld.net.

steptreks
predator- thankyou thankyou thankyou for putting a link to gateworld up ive been trying for a week to get on and i havent been able to but now i can thanks!

Predator 89
I just saw Stargate Atlantis yesterday and the 2hour premire was Awsome, the action, special FX and characers are great. Especialy the new enemy the wraith. The episode wasn't as good as the original pilot for stargate though. I was just wondering if anybody else has seen it?

MC Mike
Yes, I was very pleased. The second one was also very good. Especially with the sheild and how it turned off. laughing out loud

tarlsberg
stargate atlantis is crap! i am a big fan of the sg1 series and i sort of like atlantis. exept for the fact that the ancient,s tecnology is rubish thay require zpm,s to power atlantis. the tolen had infanate energy. also the wraith had to beam there victims on to there ships. the asguard can teleport. also atlantis "the city" uses lifts& tele pods if the ancients were that smart thay could teleport also it would be a good series if only the tecnology was better.

grade 3 ol
I started watching it and well, Im a stargate nut and I couldnt help get hooked. It is no where NEAR as good as SG1, but its okay. The new gate is pretty cool... but the cutest stargate guy was only in the first ep.. *sobs* wheres daniel? anyway, Ive missed a few eps now... *shrugs*
oh well, I'll have to get the DVD or summink

Bloinky
I searched for the thread but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyone pumped for the new season this Friday since SG-1 isn't around no more because I am.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I miss watching Stargate : SG-1, but I love watching Stargate: Atlantis. I will be watching come friday.

Morridini
Yup really looking forward to it.

Sure it's sad that SG-1 series has ended, but at least we will get direct to DVD movies instead.

Also, (spoilers about new characters to the show) Samantha Carter is taking over Dr. Weirs job at Atlantis, so we will see some of SG-1 now and then, Teal'c also is going to guest appear some times.

midnightshadow
noooooooooooo! why does she have to be in it?ranting

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by midnightshadow
noooooooooooo! why does she have to be in it?ranting

She going to be helping the team and cause a little friction between her and Shepherd. Later tonight I'll be watching.

Bloinky
Last nights episode was good but I'm looking forward to next weeks episode big time.

kodak
Season 5 is scheduled to air July 11, 2008.

I thought "Why not bump that thread?"

And what better to bump the thread then with a little McKay on Beckett action?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/dave_kodak/cap004-1.jpg
Season 2, Episode 4, "Duet"

Bloinky
Woot, 1 more day until Season 5.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bloinky
Woot, 1 more day until Season 5.

Should be a good season

kodak
i have to wait till tomorrow to see the first episode.
Canada doesn't get the Sci-Fi network.

BruceSkywalker
I watched the season premiere. Very good show

kodak
f*ck yeah it is.

i cant wait, only 18 hours or so to go!

Movie tragic
Atlantis is over now.

Nowhere as good as SG1 imo, but it did have it's moments.

Next step: Movies.

BruceSkywalker
Sad that Stargate: Atlantis is over..

Look forward to watching Stargate : Universe

Movie tragic
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Look forward to watching Stargate : Universe

Same cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.