"A New Journey Starts: The Undying Lands" Chapt 1 & 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Hey guys, id thought id share my new story, its lotr based, a continue to when Frodo left Middle Earth to sail Into The West on ROTK, this story takes place with Frodo in the undying lands, its a really good story, i have chapter 1 and 2 already written and posted on ob files, im currently writing chapter 3, but i wanted to share with you guys my story too, so i will post you chapter 1 and 2 for you to read, and i will post chapter 3 when i get it done and posted on ob files! Please give me feedback of what you think! THANKS!

And now i present to you..."A New Journey Starts: The Undying Lands"

Chapter 1-The Arrival of the Undying Lands

Frodo opens his eyes to the sounds of White Gulls calling over his head, he wakes up and rubs his eyes, he feels a slight bit energy take over him. He gets up to find himself staring out into white shores, beautiful lands, waterfalls, and the sunshine shining down on the water and making it glissening. He was there, to the Undying Lands, a place he never thought would look so beautiful, Frodo's eyes got wide as he continue to look at the beautiful place that he has arrived to. "Gandalf!" he called out. Gandalf walks around the corner of the ship to find frodo has awakened and is in awe of the beauty of the Undying Lands. "Why Frodo, my dear lad, you have awaken, we are here, you slept the whole way here, but I have expected of that, considering it has been a long journey" Gandalf said. "Its so beautiful, Its a place I never imagined being so beautiful.." he paused a moment and sighed and said "Sam...my dear Sam, I wonder how his life is going, back at the Shire, and Merry and Pippin, I wonder how they are doing too". "I am sure they are doing just fine my dear Frodo, probably missing you with the every depths of their soul, but I am sure things back in The Shire are just wonderful" Gandalf said. Frodo sighs again looking back towards the water that never seems to end back towards Middle Earth. "This is where I am supposed to be though, this is the only happiness I can get now, when I returned to the Shire, it seemed a piece of my happiness was thrown away with the Ring, the scars that will never heal, the happiness that was taken away" Frodo said clutching his shoulder. "Frodo, this is a place for all Ringbearers, this is the place to get your happiness back, this is where you belong now, the scars of the journey will soon heal, the happiness will return, we only just arrived, time will soon mend, your happiness will be back" Gandalf said. Frodo sighed and stepped off the ship, hes hobbit feet touch the nice soft sand, with waves coming up to his feet, tickling his toes. Galadrial and Elrond soon followed, stepping off the ship unto the new land for they were at. Bilbo then follows, being helped by Gandalf stepping off the ship, Bilbo gasps and says "I have never seen such a beautiful land in my entire life, this land tops the lands ive been to on all my journeys." "Such a beautiful place indeed, a land that all Elves must go to, sooner or later" Galadrial said. "Wheres...where's Legolas Lady Galadrial" Frodo said. "The time for his journey to the Undying Lands has not yet come, for he is another race of Elf, one who stays longer than our race of Elf, Legolas is walking the forest back in Middle Earth with Gimli" Galadrial said. "Oh, when will that time be?" Frodo asked. "In a couple more years my brave hobbit, soon you will be seeing Legolas" Galadrial said with a smile on her face. "Come Frodo, lets explore our new home" Bilbo said taking his hand. "Yes uncle, this place is such a beautiful place, I would love to see more of it" Frodo said smiling grabbing Bilbos hand.

Chapter 2- "Exploring the new home"
Frodo walks the whole new land with his uncle, seeing the white gulls flying overhead and seeing the neverending beautiful land. Frodo gasped as he saw beautiful waterfalls falling into a rocks and a pool of water below.

"Uncle, I have never seen something like this in the Shire, this is a place I only thought into my dreams" said Frodo with a smile on his face. "Well you remember seeing waterfalls in Rivendell dont you Frodo?" Bilbo said. "Yes..I remember Rivendell, but the waterfalls were not as beautiful as these are!" said Frodo. Frodo lets out a sigh.

"I miss the Shire Bilbo, but I know it in my heart that I will no longer be happy there after coming back from the long journey, I felt it when we returned, I didn't feel the happiness. This is my new home, and I have got to get used to it, when I arrived here, I did feel the happiness return in me. Still..my wound has not healed." Frodo said. "My dear boy, the Shire will always be your number one home, its just, us Ringbearers have to journey with the Elves here, its what we are supposed to do, things will become better my boy" Bilbo said hugging Frodo. "Your right, and I need to start building up my happiness by exploring, which is what I am going to do" Frodo said perking up. "You go right ahead, I am going to catch up with Gandalf and Galadrial and talk with them, you need some time on your own to explore" Bilbo said. "But, I want to spend time with you, and explore with you" Frodo said. "We have plenty of time to spend my dear boy, go now, explore!" Bilbo said laughing.

Frodo ran off and started to look around, there he found many beautiful waterfalls, forests, creeks, he also spotted a rainbow which hovered over the waterfalls water. "Wow!" he said to himself. Never in his wildest dreams would he ever come to a place like this. Suddenly he spotted a young girl, a hobbit like girl wandering around in the creeks, splashing and giggling. Frodo just watched her in awe. The young girl continued to splash and giggle along the creeks and she stopped and looked up at Frodo. Frodo looked down, and he sat down on the soft green grass and looked around in awe of the amazing world hes in. The young hobbit girl continues to stare at Frodo and walks over to him giggling with so much happiness. "Hi, Welcome to the Undying Lands, you must be a newcomer, my name is Sandy" the girl said putting out her hand. "My name is Frodo Baggins, we had just arrived here, from Middle Earth. Its nice to meet you" he said shaking her hand. "Do you not have a last name?" He asked. "Oh I failed to give that part of the information didn't I? My last name is Gamgee" she said giggling. Frodo smiled and had a sudden flashback of his dearest friend Sam, of their friendship and the journey. "Oh sam.." he whispered to himself. "Excuse me?" she said. "Oh..the last name reminded me of a friend of mine...Samwise Gamgee back in the Shire, your not related to him are you? Frodo asked. "No, no..I don't know of a Samwise Gamgee, I am terribly sorry." she said innocently. "Oh no, its quite alright, I just miss him, merry and pippin and the Shire and everyone back in Middle Earth that I have become friends with, its quite tough coming to a new place, when all your life youve lived in Middle Earth" Frodo said. "I am terribly sorry, I have lived in Middle Earth my whole life too, I was sad to leave, leave my home, leave my friends, but I guess thats where all of us Ringbearers and Elves have to go sometime or another." She said. "We have alot in common, tell me more of your journey as a Ringbearer Sandy?" Frodo said smiling as they walk.

Ending of Chapter 2.

Chapter 3 will be called. "Getting to know Sandy and the giving of a New Red Book"

WOW! i am SO loving this!!!! My mind is just pouring out ideas and thoughts and i can see this all happening in my mind and oh what i would give for it to be made into movie! Its just wow!!! I am absoulutly loving every moment of writing this!

OrliNElijahsGrl
Mmmkay am i not going to get any feedback at all on this story?? I have chapter 3 completed and posted over at ob files, but im waiting to see if i get feedback here before posting chapter 3 here

Honestly, you guys CAN be nice and comment on the story, i noticed i have had some views, why can you people hit the reply button and give me feedback!

Cwick
As a huge LOTR fan I enjoyed your story. You have some great ideas. Keep them coming!

OrliNElijahsGrl
Awww thanks so much, that means alot to hear, which means...its time for me to post chapter 3 here, i have 8 chapters posted already over at the ob files, but i was waiting to see first if ive gotten any feedback on it here

Ill post chapter 3 now, and then im waiting for feedback before posting the next chapter

OrliNElijahsGrl
Chapter 3- "Getting to know Sandy and the giving of a New Red Book"

Frodo and Sandy walk by the beautiful creek and the sun shined on Sandy's blonde hair and the soft wind blew it in front of her face. Sandy sighed and looked down. "Frodo, those are very painful memories to bring back up, that was 30 years ago, I can't bare to bring it back up, that journey, that task, was a hard one, one I never thought I would have to go on" Sandy said. "I am sorry if I had said something wrong, I know what you mean, Its been 4 years to the day that I was sent on my long journey, trust me, I know how you feel, and its alright, you can share it with me or not, it's all up to you, but I am here, and I understand" Frodo said putting his arm around her. "Well, its been 30 years to the day I was sent on mine, I was given a gift of a Ring, but not no oridinary Ring, a powerful one, one that needed to be destroyed, so, brave me, decided to go on the journey and try and destroy it, only to find putting myself into danger, the Ring was never destroyed, Sauron got it, ending my chance to save Middle Earth, but it took over me like nothing else, it was unlike me to get so possessive over it and in return I hurt a friend who had came along with me, and every moment I got closer to Mordor, it seems as though as, the Ring kept getting stronger and taking more of me by every single minute.." She paused to wipe a tear from her eye and continued. "I left Middle Earth shortly after my return because they said it would be best for me after what I have been through, and that all Ringbearers must come here, and the pain of that journey still lives with me, I don't know what has happened there since I left, I don't know if my family, my friends is still alive and if my home is still there, or has just been taken over by Sauron" Sandy cried. Frodo was amazed by how much they have in common, seeming how they both went on the same exact journey to destroy the One Ring, but only a couple years apart, Frodo hugged Sandy tight and spoke "I understand Sandy, I really understand, I had to go on the same Journey not too long ago, to destroy the Ring of power, it took over me the same way, I ended up hurting my dear friend Sam, telling him to go home after believing smegeol over him, I hurt him, but it was not me, it was the Ring taken over, and the haunting talk of smegeols words. I carry along the pain of the journey too" Frodo said lifting up his shirt which revealed the wound from weather top when he got stabbed by the WitchKing. Sandy gasped as she looked at it while at the same time wiping tears from her eyes. "Its never fully healed, I don't think it ever will, I often get pain and its unbearable, and at night, I have dreams, of that day, the day the Witchking stabbed me on weathertop" Frodo said getting teary eyed. "I am so sorry to hear that, but Frodo, tell me, did the Ring ever get destroyed?????" she asked. "Yes, me and Sam reached to mount doom, and finally destroyed it, although there was a little struggle between me and gollum, ending in me with a missing finger and him falling into the lava, although I have a sort of guilt, I was there, I could of destroyed it at the very moment, but something took over me, I was drawn into the Rings power once again, turning around and claiming the Ring was mine, I put the Ring on and disappeared and was going to walk out keeping it as my own, I feel bad though, I could destroyed it at the moment that I got there, but I let the power take over." Frodo said. "No no, dont blame yourself, be glad that the Ring is destroyed and we will never have to worry about Sauron ever again! Frodo, I am so proud of you for destroying it" Sandy said hugging him tight. "Thank you, so I was told, I must come here, that this is a place where all Ringbearers must go, and here I am!" Frodo said with a little smile. Sandy smiled at Frodo, her hair glissened in the sun and the wind continued to blow her hair in her face.

"You know, your a very cute Hobbit, if I must say." Sandy said blushing. Frodo blushes and speaks "Thank you sandy, I must say you are a very beautiful girl, I noticed that when I first saw you playing next to the creek, laughing and giggling" Frodo said grabbing her hand and smiling. "Frodo!" Gandalf yells. Frodo looks over to see Gandalf, Galadrial, Elrond and Bilbo standing watching him and smiling. "Come, we have a suprise for you" Gandalf said. "Oh, well can Sandy come with me?" Frodo asked holding her hand."Sure Frodo!" Gandalf said. Frodo, Sandy, Galadrial, Bilbo, Gandalf and Elrond walk to this beautiful place of the land, where many Ringbearers and Elves have homes there. Frodo gasps as he looks around, seeing the amazing houses and different things around him, the houses are pure silver shining in the sunlight, butterflys fly overhead and waterfalls fall off the mountain hill, where he spots many elves walking slowly around, and off in the distance sees little elves and hobbits playing.

*continue...*

OrliNElijahsGrl

Cwick
reading

Cwick
big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
does that mean you liked it? or what?

Cwick
yes it does big grin

lotrxtremist
Hey I just got on, and read your story. It seems pretty cool to me! I love Lord of the Rings, and it's neat that you're keeping it going! wink
Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.