darth vader theroy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rabid_Wolverine
i dunno what sw forum this should be in.

alot of us know vader means father in dutch i was thinking what if somehow palpatine knows vader has children and when anakin becomes vader he gives him that name.

super shadow GL
i truly dont know.

yerssot
he doesn't know, it's said in ROTJ by Obi Wan

(not the exact quote)
"The emperor knew that if Anakin would have any offspring they would form a threat for him"

Rabid_Wolverine
palpatine knew but my question is is that why he gave anakin the vader name because he's the father of the twins?

of course vader wont know till after after anh.

Sith Master X
Perhaps it is just a coincidence that Vader means father in Dutch. It'll probably mean something else in Episode 3. Can't be to sure though.

SMX
cool

super shadow GL
maybe

yerssot
it probably means something different yeah, cause if they form a danger to the Chosen One, why would Palpatine let them live? the Chosen One is supposed to bring balance to the force and with him on the Dark Side with no one forming danger to him, the Sith can rule

Ushgarak
Yes, the name will be nothing to do with anything like that.

dwizard
I had to reply to this becasue I think everyone just dosent see the obvious.

Darth Vader knew he had a child. He didnt know he had twins.

It was never said that he didnt know. If everyone can go back to the empire strikes back as soon as he found out the pilots name was skywalker he began his chase without the emperor. The emporer knew after a vision that the son of skywalker must be killed.

Durring the discussion with vader, If you noticed vader pleaded with the emperor, "He is only a boy." There is where you see he has been searching for him all his life.

Now torwards the end of empire strikes back, Vader again pleads for Luke to join him, "the emperor knows you can destroy him. He has forseen it. Join me! Obi wan never told you what happened to your father."

Another hint signafying that infact he knew that he did have a child. It is no secret that Vader knows that he had a child. What he didnt realize was that he didnt have a twin. In return of the Jedi in the final conflict when Luke faced Vader once again this time trying to draw him to the light side of the force, Vader was looking to use what ever was necessary to bring Luke to his side to destroy the emperor and sensed that Luke was hiding something. A weakness. The fact that he had a sister.... A twin sister.
His words were obvious, "Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me! If you will not turn perhapse she will." He intised him to fight. Using his sister to provoke anger in him.

So all in all the name Vader fits the description. He knows that padme is indeed very pregnant, he just dosent know that he has twins.
Im pretty sure that when he turns to the darkside they take padme away to hide her from him as he becomes an agent of evil and in turn he becomes even more twisted then ever.

So im sure that the name Vader in fact is a way for the emporer to twist him to the darkside even more. By calling him Vader its like a tease that your a father and your friends hid your child from you. A tactic to anger him, to cause him to hate... which in fact leads him to the darkside and keeps him there. Of course until Luke brings him back.

But by loving padme, by having children, and confronting his past by seeing luke he fulfills his destiny as the chosen one.
A promise to his mother he made long ago at her grave, "I promise you I will not be weak next time."

Another point he made was to Padme, "I will be so powerful that I will stop people from dieing."

He looks at his son, then looks at the emporer, then looks again at his son his head tilting a bit showing his emotion as his son is being electricuted by the emporer... VADER..... FATHER.....
Freak yeah... He did what any loving father would do, sacrifice his own life for the life of his child. Love brought him back... The love of his mother, the love of padme, and most importantly the love of his children.
So im sure he was searching all his life as Vader (or Father) for the child. He was just surprised it was two children not one.

I think this story is the best story ever told on film....

dwizard
One last point to be made...

The emporer named him vader to twist him even more. That is my theory. To name him Vader in honor of his lost child...

If this goes that route I will be one happy fan.

Antillies
if it might be to any help i can say that used to read deutch in shool and they dont say V as V in deutch they say V as F so it must mean something else..........

Padmé Amidala
The word Vader comes from the word invader, nothing to do with him having off-spring! lol

Darth_Nefarus
Thank you! I've said the invader thing in 3 bajillion threads already and it's like people ignore it or don't get it.
he invades the jedi temple.

DCLXVI
GL has said that "Invader" has nothing to do with it. wink
Neither does "Father".
There is a Thread about this in the Ep. III Forum....go there if you wan't a more heated discussion.

Darth Subjekt
really messiah? When did he specifically say it had nothing to do with invader? The ONLY thing i remember him saying, was that it meant dark warrior.

mcooper
The Emperor makes him Darth Vader before he looses to Obi-wan

gerv78

Fishy
Why not there are thousands of other weird languages in that galaxy..

And when GL made ANH and Vader he didn't even know he would make ESB and ROTJ he had no intention of doing that just yet, ha had not figured out Luke was Vaders son yet. So he didn't think of the name because of that.

yerssot
Fishy is right, it's just a coincidence I think that Vader has that meaning

Kuun
If Vader means 'dark Warrior' as is mentioned above, that would be the best explanation so far. That is, when Invader is not true...

And in Germany (deutsch) the V sounds as an F. In the Netherlands it sounds like a V. Like gerv78 said, there is no Dutch in a galaxy far far away. Although they do have species that talk with familiar sounding accents... I mean why would all dark lords in the movies have names that come from english words and then have a Dutch word no one knows for Anakin's Sith name. Doesn't add up! And the remark about palpatine not knowing about the baby's untill the OT is a good one. Just as the baby's aren't lost before the end of the movie, so why name him Darth Father to twist him, when that's not even an issue yet??

I guess we have to look for another explanation.

Gr,
Dutch Vader :P

yerssot
the only explanation is that the name can not possible be related to Father since when he got named and in all the drafts that preceded ANH, he simply wasn't luke's father!

sumbum
Maybe GL just thought the name sounded cool eh? I mean, come on, would we all hold "Darth David" in as high esteem? NO!

gingermagic
Darth Vader means "dark father" get over it

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by gingermagic
Darth Vader means "dark father" get over it

*slap*

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t344576.html

gingermagic
Originally posted by SixOfTwelve
*slap*

*shoot*

mossman
Darth Vader is definitely a riff on "Dark Father", but it has nothing to do with the Dutch language.

"'Darth' is a variation of dark. And 'Vader' is a variation of father. So it's basically Dark Father. All the names have history, but sometimes I make mistakes -- Luke was originally going to be called Luke Starkiller, but then I realized that wasn't appropriate for the character. It was appropriate for Anakin, but not his son. I said, 'Wait, we can't weigh this down too much -- he's the one that redeems him.'" - George Lucas, Rolling Stone, June 2005

Unless you want to argue with George himself, that is...

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by mossman
Unless you want to argue with George himself, that is...

More often than not, that's what being a Star Wars fan is all about.
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.