Muscle Cramps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I hate these f*cking things. I get them so bad. In high school, I was dubbed the "Cramp King" because I had muscle cramps all of the time. Most commonly in the calves but I've had them all over. For a while people were calling me "Midal Man" during track in college. Last night after a couple hours of basketball, I went to the movies with some friends. My palm kept cramping while I was driving and then we were late arriving at the movies. I jumped out of the car and barked at everybody that we need to run because we were late. Right then, both of my quads completely cramped up and I couldn't move. They took a distorted shape and all I could do was sit there in the parking lot screaming obsenities like, "F*CK!!!!!" They do look badass though when your muscles become all distorted and shit though.

Lady von Tramp
.......... hurt like a bee-atch.

yerssot
use ice and get a massage wink

Painkiller
Yeah one time i was sitting in class and i got a cramp and the teacher sent me to the princpal

Myth
I do ice. Everyday I practice (during track season). We have physical therapists for our athletic department so they are always treating me. I even take potassium pills along with eating 2 bananas a day to make them less severe but I still get them REALLY bad.

Clark_Kent
stretch first...

and, maybe after...

yerssot
build it all up or something?

Myth
I do that too.

Clark_Kent
put bags of ice and tape them on like Greg Ostertag...or hire a personal trainer...

Myth
I've always had a theory of an unlikely possibility for why I get them so much more than anybody else I've ever met. I was a severe asthmatic when I grew up. Its pretty much completely under control now but my small air-ways are always closed off. This really doesn't appear to effect me, but I'm wondering if since muscle cramps are caused by a lack of oxygen to the muscles, maybe its caused by me not using my lungs to their full potential.

Veralidaine
i get leg cramps sumtimes.....damn whores they are..big grin....n if i try n move....PAIN....but subsides quicklysmile.....

Painkiller
Fart try to fart

Myth
Yep and yep. Like I said, our team has trainers and they do tape ice to us.

Myth
I've had some last up to about 20 minutes. I remember the first time I ever had one. I was probably about 12 and it happened in the middle of the night. I just woke up screaming and crying so loud. I thought my calf was exploding or something.

yerssot
could well be

Painkiller
What the hell usaflag

Veralidaine
sad...

i know..major bitches.....

Lady von Tramp
Painkiller, do you try to be pointless or does it come naturally? whistle

Veralidaine
laughing out loud...hah...das fun e....

Lady von Tramp
Didn't mean for it to sound b!tchy, just a general question........

Painkiller
Are you insulting painkiller

shellie
i get cramps in my calves sometimes . i found the best thing for me to do is to point my toes to my face . it pulls the muscle out strait again . still is not comfortable but lesons the pain . try it .

wuTa
i thought about makin a thread like this....i rarely get a cramp if i'm lifting but everyone time i play babsketball i get one in my right calve...every f*cking time and i play alot of basketball...the b*tch of it is is that theres nothin i can do to prevent it....i stretch it out before i play and i drink tons of water...i'm thinkin gettin those ben gay sticky heating pads...they helped on my back so maybe they can i help on my leg cramp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.