Max Payne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Painkiller
I have new's from a mag that say's that the hit game is going to big screen with Jermy northn as max payne and david cronenberg as director set release late 2006......can not wait.............2guns Happy Dance

fanatos
Cool! Who is Jermy northn?

I like both Max Payne games

<<Solo>>
Old News, But I really do hope it happens.

im not burlyman
oh dear dog

Stormy Day
Itll be cool if they dont screw it up.

roundisfunny
Fanatos, how was that a spoiler???

Anyway, the game is almost like a movie anyway. It would be cool to see some of those scenes on the big screen, though. Personally, I can't wait for the "Grand Theft Auto" movie, the "Hitman" movie, the "Age of Empires" movie, the "Thief" movie and of course, the "Sims" movie.

chops
the sims movie now that would be good. look look he's gonna wach tv

<<Solo>>
I think Sims would suck,Thief would suck and Age of Empires. But the GTA movie would be cool,for sure rated R though.

Stormy Day
A GTA movie would be awesome and so would a SIMS movie

fanatos
I think a Deus Ex movie would be awesome! yes

roundisfunny
Obviously you would have more happen than just them (The Sims) watching TV. There's the burglar coming in, the foibles of dealing with a grass floor, that spinning diamond on top of your head....

Stormy Day
Yeah not a cartoon one with live people and a adventure they embark on it would be interesting.

<<Solo>>
^Yeah what Stormy said.

<<Solo>>
This guy wouldn't be bad to play Max Payne

http://www.marysia.com/personal/graphics/famous/buffy6.jpg

Stormy Day
eek! PERFECT!!!

<<Solo>>
Yeah he would be cool, you a fan of Angel?

moonwalker741
kewl, hope its good

imagine hitman the movie, i could imagine bruce willis bein the part too

Stormy Day
Solo-No,but he still would be awesome for Max Payne!

cyclone
bruce willis perfect for Hitman

Stormy Day
I dont think so hes doesnt fit the part physically he just doesnt look like hitman enough.Hitman need some unknown actor.

This guy would be good for hitman.
Bad picture tho

fanatos
No, not that *******!

Stormy Day
Hey he looks like a good hitman just needs some touch-ups

Red Superfly
Max Payne is The Punisher.

Apparently Rockstar tried to get rights to make a Punisher game, failed to aquire said rights, so made a Punisher type game and called it something else, enter Max Payne.

Wanna see Max Payne the movie? See The Punisher.

Stormy Day
Bad analogy wink

Red Superfly
Er, no.

Man loses family in a dark gritty type setting, goes out to kill who did this to him, by using guns, and lots of them.

It's a good analogy actually considerring Max Payne is The Punisher in everything but the name and artistic licence.

Vengeance
yea this movie is just a rip of punisher and so on. there is no need for another movie like this, Im slapping another RATED CRAP on this movie with out even seeing it.

Stormy Day
I think Max Payne will have more of a story than The Punisher and I hope it will focuse more on diolage than on action.

Vengeance
what are you talking about more story its totaly the same story, family killed he wants reveange. like realy, and if thats not enough there all ready got a contrat to punisher 2 so there should be no wanna be movie max payne

Stormy Day
Max Payne is just different and the character is really dark and errie.I know that ill like a movie about him more than the Punisher

Vengeance
man the punisher is darker, but the movie made kinda funny(well with the popcicle) but in the comics he would just kill shoot and kill. but the movie did make him kinda cooler by playing head games, which makes for a better movie then max payne prolly will be. and the game just sucked ass to me

Stormy Day
The game was pretty cool smile

Vengeance
well it just seemed limited if u no what i mean

Stormy Day
The slowmo was tight

Vengeance
yea but also just another copy of enter the matrix, the game had no new thing for it own

Stormy Day
Max Payne was out before Enter the Matrix

Vengeance
was it oh yea damn, well then enter the matrix is crap lol

Stormy Day
I like Enter The Matrix the gameplay was very cool and interesting I cant wait for online.The slowmo they aloud you to do was very cool and very much like the movies.

You know what sucked tho?In the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions they only did bullet time like once.Once where the it slowmoed when the bullets where firing.

Vengeance
yea that was kinda gay, thats like the whole reason some people loved that movie and then they took that away. but i have to agree that the game was fun, and good thing there making 2 more games.hopfully online

Stormy Day
Yeah I felt wronged.The whole reason I was really into the Matrix was because of those bullet effects I watched the movie over and over for those parts and yet the directors felt they should fill those parts in with these crappy new charaters like ship captains and the chinese guy and that guy with the accent and his chick(who was hot by the way).

Vengeance
lol yea i felt they introduced more people to waste time, becuase it seemed they didn't no what to do with neo. if you think about it he isn't even in that movie for an hour. its mostly the fight scene his in and thats about it other then the train.

Stormy Day
Yeah wich really buged me because the 2&3rd are so different from the first and they have so many new characters its weird how it changed so much.

Crash Overload

Stormy Day
post a pic of him smile

Crash Overload
I have a couple..

The First 3 are form "The Profesional" (VERY good film, strongly sugested) and the last two are as Victor, The Cleaner in "La Femme Nikita" Possibly the greatest entrance EVER (at the door)

http://www.perfectpeople.net/media/celebs/1208/84261-1064103901.jpg

http://www.lethalinjection.com/csme/blair/jean_reno.jpg

Crash Overload
I'm Victor, Cleaner

Crash Overload
Picture 2

Stormy Day
Can you post some better headshot I cant get a clear pic he always had all this stuff on his face.Was this guy in Armgeddon?

mhuda
I dunno about a Max Payne movie...I mean, we have seen what Paramount has done to Tomb Raider, haven't we?

Surprisingly, I have never played this game for my PS2.

There was a suggestion that Brad Pitt would be cast as Max Payne. he's definitely got the look for it, but color his hair black and I think you just might have it.

Stormy Day
No brad would look horrible with black hair.They can just leave the way it is and it wouldnt really effect the movie.

I agree with you about the Tomb Raider series sad lets just hope that doesnt happen to this series

<<Solo>>
BRAD + BLACK HAIR=GAY

And Crash, I thought of that too, Jean Reno would be perfect.

SlickRick69
Max Payne had brown hair any way, it wasn't black

Brad Pitt would be good for Max Payne

<<Solo>>
http://www.gamingbliss.com/games/2001/maxpayne.jpg

If that doesn't look black to you, I don't know what does.

Darth Revan
uh... I hope you were joking when you said that Age of Empires and the Sims would make good movies...

Stormy Day
Solo its a game and black and brown can look very much alike wink

Vengeance
lol that guy would suck, he way to old to be playing crap.lol man i dont mean to be an ass but we dont wanna guy that will get a heart attack during half the movie.

Stormy Day
lol

BackFire
They already made a Max Payne movie, it's called 'The Punisher'

Stormy Day
Hey I know this is off-topic but the words on my screen on KMC are all big and everything how do I get them to get smaller like normal size?

Max Payne will be better than the Punisher tho

Vengeance
lol im sith this guy u cant make anything like punisher better then punisher, and u no punisher 2 will be the same also.

<<Solo>>
That's what a friend of mine said stick out tongue

Vengeance
well its true, they have the same story line. but punisher has a cooler shirt.

Crash Overload
personally I would rather see a good cop turn psycho and go on a killing spree...

Stormy Day
can somebody answer my question abou the font on my screen?

Vengeance
i wish i could. but yet again im useless

Red Superfly
If anyone was to play Max Payne then I reckon Johnny Knoxville.....

When I was playing Max Payne (this is the first one mind), I kept thinking "wow this guy looks just like Johnny Knoxville"

Stormy Day
Johny Knoxville doesnt have the build of the attitude for the film.By attitude I mean nobodys is gonna believe him to be married with kids and seeking revenge on the killers :/

Vengeance
lol true man. people would just wathc the screen waiting for him to do something stupid. "eat the turtle"

Stormy Day
Or shoot himself in the eye with pepperspray messed

lau_timmy
Collision Entertainment has obtained the rights to a Max Payne Movie.

"We are excited to have the opportunity to craft the next successful video game icon into a larger-than-life film icon," said Faye of Collision. "We are extremely fortunate to have a great creative partnership on this project with the game's creators, 3D Realms and Remedy Entertainment. We hope this will be the first of many creative collaborations."

Who should star as Max Payne and who should direct? I would go for Colin Farrel for Max and John Woo for directing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man at Door: Hey, what's the password... John who?
Bum: Ok, ok, John Woo...

Wolfie
mad Hollywood needs to stop with the video game movies! They suck!

Jackie Malfoy
Not all of them I lilke some of the video games that were movies.This one I never heard of!jmconfused1

ericadurancefan
i think max payne should be played by freddie prinze jr because it looked like him in the first game

Marchioness
I agree with you but I hope the director will do a good job by the way who will direct Max Payne?

ericadurancefan
i think if they make a good cop drama it should be directed by the man that did hollywood homicide and dark blue because he knows how to make a good cop drama

SnakeEyes
I have a feeling this movie will be a lot like THe Punisher but with bullet-time

ericadurancefan
i hope they pull away from being like the punisher and give it a lot of story with a dark and gritty look,i was a fan of the first game lets hope they do it justice

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Max Payne is another excellent video game. Mark Wahlberg is playing him...Thoughts?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39210

ragesRemorse
im not sold on marky mark

BackFire
He's good at playing badass/******* detective (See: The Departed). I could see this working.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
He's good at playing badass/******* detective (See: The Departed). I could see this working.

You are certainly correct good sir. Marky Mark portrayed a most badass character in the Departed.
Although, i dig Mark's work, May Payne, to me, held very mature characteristics. Not only in age, but presence and swagger as well. I'm interested to see how it unfolds though, considering that Mark generally chooses to do films with superb prodcution values.

Dusty
I'm interested in this very much.

Discos
loved the first game, first game I had enjoyed in a long long time, the dialougue helped me pass english I believe, using very big boy words.

I cant wait for this movie to come out and I love Wahlberg as an actor.

FistOfThe North
Might check it out. Not into Marky Mark and movies like shooter or bourne supremacy types of flicks but i absolutely loved max payne 1 & 2 for PC. But i'll have to see more on it..

Discos
I'm gonna wiki this movie just now, I am so excited for it coming out.

SnakeEyes
I wonder if they're gonna use bullet-time in the film? Hmmm...

exanda kane
Never touched any of those games, but have heard alot on their behalf because of the storytelling techniques employed; with a steadfast actor like Wahlberg (I know he's not to everyones taste, but I've always enjoyed his performances) in tow, perhaps their could be something here. Sometime soon, a videogame-to-film release will have to crack the formula.

Discos
reading this got me into playing the first game again, its gonna be pretty weird not hearing the sexy Payne voice but hearing bad boy max...anywys the game had to be given up after 2 days due to coll of duty 4.

The game rawks tho, i'll never grow old of the first 3 levels.

Rogue Jedi
He's good at playing badass/******* detective (See: The Departed). I could see this working. yes

Mairuzu
Played by Mark Wahlberg

and Mona will be played by Mila Kunis

no idea how this will turn out but Max payne was a good game

jaden101
it'll be good if they dont make it blatently noir and try and give it a "sin city" or "the spirit" stylings...they obviously need to put noir into it but something more like brick, i feel, would work better

not to sure about wahlberg though...he looks reasonable for the part but i never find him that convincing in violent roles such as 4 brothers

mila kunis could get a dick if she asked nicely though

Mairuzu
I dont see her as a good Mona at all, but since i haven't seen the movie yet i'll keep other comments aside for now

I hope this wont turn out to be another Hitman

=Tired Hiker=
Don't be fooled, Mark Wahlberg is a very short man.

Mairuzu
here it is big grin

@st
I hope this turns out, Max Payne is great material for a movie since it had a good story. Wahlberg actually seems like a good choice for the role. Im not too opposed to Mila Kunis, but I thought Mona should be older.

Mairuzu
at least someone that looks like her

badboy7
oh My God... how could i miss this movie man...
i'll download it today only...

y2kmaddog73
let me know cause if they cant make it like the game i dont want to watch it

Vic Vega
Mila Kunis? The chick form that seventies show? I haven't play'd Max payne in a while but I know that Mila Kunis does not really fit Mona, whadda 'bout Demi Moore, at least she'd look the part

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Vic Vega
Mila Kunis? The chick form that seventies show? I haven't play'd Max payne in a while but I know that Mila Kunis does not really fit Mona, whadda 'bout Demi Moore, at least she'd look the part Demi moore about 5 years ago

chico

I agree, he does seem to play that role quite well.

ragesRemorse
6Bz8UzqNbGw

SnakeEyes
Looks decent... but am I the only one bewildered by those creatures with angel wings?! What the ****...

chubbychipmunk
oh goodiee

Croatoa
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Looks decent... but am I the only one bewildered by those creatures with angel wings?! What the ****...
I'm hoping they're Angels of Death. They would be a device in the movie that substitutes for all the time and effort that was put into the game making NYC a conventional hell.

Mairuzu
Its a dream most likely, he usually gets those in the game

BruceSkywalker
Posters..

http://www.movieweb.com/news/32/30132.php

Mairuzu
amazing

DeVi| D0do
Those demon things better be hallucinations. Otherwise, looks promising. A little underwhelmed by the action, but it's early days.

D-Wag
Max Payne Staring Mark Wahlberg

Touch Me

Looks entertaining.....

SnakeEyes
Already a thread.

D-Wag
sad sorry

SnakeEyes
Don't worry about it, man. I was too lazy to find a link but it is probably somewhere on this page or the next.

Impediment
Merged.

RedAlertv2
Wahlberg seems like a good fit for the role

Mairuzu
He does, cannot wait to see it.

FlappingMangera
Wahlberg seemed to understand that he was working with some serious source material too. I saw some Comiccon interviews and all the actors and actresses seemed to understand that Max Payne had a really strong backstory and was really compelling media, so they gave it it's due diligence when they were making the movie.

As a gamer, that's great to hear.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Wahlberg seemed to understand that he was working with some serious source material too. I saw some Comiccon interviews and all the actors and actresses seemed to understand that Max Payne had a really strong backstory and was really compelling media, so they gave it it's due diligence when they were making the movie.

As a gamer, that's great to hear.

This does look pretty good. I'll go see it

Impediment
I really liked the first game. However, the "bullet time' mode got old after a while.

agphoenix
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Wahlberg seems like a good fit for the role
Should've been Joe Pesche, damnit!

I just watched the trailer again...for s#!ts and giggles. Wahlberg does seem like a good fit, except does anyone think that his voice is not quite fitting? I know...I'm nitpicking.

I would think Clive Owen would sound a lot more like the game. Just a thought.

Alpha Centauri
Looks like the blandest shit ever.

Mark Wahlberg is trying too hard.

-AC

Darth Vicious
Just saw the trailer. Whassup with the Valkyries? I hope they are not literally on the movie? Were they on the games? I only played the first one and never finished it.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Just saw the trailer. Whassup with the Valkyries? I hope they are not literally on the movie? Were they on the games? I only played the first one and never finished it.

I second this. I mean it's cool if they're symbolic, but if they are actually there and interacting then it's just lame and steals away from the feel of the movie.

Rogue Jedi
The trailer looks GOOD.

jadeily
Mark Walhberg is in it right?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jadeily
Mark Walhberg is in it right?

yes he is..

this looks pretty good, I'll pass judgment next week

liraelle
it looks like a gr8 movie and the trailer totally reminded me of constantine

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Just saw the trailer. Whassup with the Valkyries? I hope they are not literally on the movie? Were they on the games? I only played the first one and never finished it. Yea, thats why im really hoping its some sort of dream sequence

occultdestroyer
Yay!
A Max Payne movie will be released!
Just hope it doesn't turn out sucky

Bardock42
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Yay!
A Max Payne movie will be released!
Just hope it doesn't turn out sucky It probably won't be great.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t297011.html

Impediment
occultdestroyer, use the search function before making a new thread. Or, in this case, scroll to the bottom of the screen to see if an already existing thread is there.

Menetnashté
Saw this yesterday. Decent movie. Not great or anything worth watching though. Mark did a good job, movie had some minor things that bothered me. A lot about it reminded me of Sin City actually, just like the overall atmosphere. there's even a scene where Payne is about to die and his wife says "Not yet Max" and his eyes shoot open. Much like Hartigan's "Not yet old man"

Dusty
I was disappointed.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Dusty
I was disappointed.
definitely could've been better. I never played the games but the movie was a bit out there would've been a lot better if it stayed realistic. And I heard there was an alternate ending. Anyone stay after the creds?

Kazenji
So whats the deal with the angels in it ?

Wei Phoenix
yeah please tell me that those angels are just symbolic and in his head.

Menetnashté
Uh I'll put it in spoilers though it's kind of obvious
The Angels/Demons whatever you want to call them are side-effects to this drug everyone is taking. It's explained later in the movie. But it's just a hallucination nothing more. They tried to make it more than that though. Honestly the movie would've been a lot better without them. They needed a different plot. Him look for his wife's killer is fine. The drug thing in the movie was stupid.

SnakeEyes
I could never get the first Max Payne game to work on my PC, but I did however, play and beat Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne and from that point on I've considered myself a fan of the character/story. When I heard there was going to be a film, I was like "****, add this to the evergrowing list of shitty game-to-movie adaptions." I'll not be going to see this in theaters due to: terrible casting (Mila Kunis as Mona, come on), unfaithfulness to the game, the fact that it has a PG-13 rating and finally the bucketloads of bad reviews it's been recieving. Mark Wahlberg's a good actor, too bad he keeps mucking up. Not all that impressed with 20th Century Fox either. In short, this film is a failure, I don't even need to watch it to know that much.

Newjak
Played the first Max Payne loved the game.

The movie I liked to. Some stuff was out there but not enough for me to get taken out of the movie. Those things being Mona's casting, and a couple of weird film sequences.

But I enjoyed it, and even though I wish there had been a little more action and craziness in the final scenes I still couldn't help but get a rush from it anyways.

My ratings.

A good movie to see in the theatres on a night when nothing else sweet is going on.

I think a very good rental when it comes out.

As to buying it I probably will but that's my personal taste probably something most people won't want to do.

deathbycorn
Another stupid ass film. Some of the CG angels of death looked cool though.

Army of bodies under this river? Where the hell where they? **** I was waiting for some Zombies or some shit but nope, nothing.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Another stupid ass film. Some of the CG angels of death looked cool though.

Army of bodies under this river? Where the hell where they? **** I was waiting for some Zombies or some shit but nope, nothing.
that would've ruined it it's max payne not resident evil.

deathbycorn
SO why bother saying there is an amry of bodies under this river? To sound cool?

Menetnashté
Originally posted by deathbycorn
SO why bother saying there is an amry of bodies under this river? To sound cool?
He was trying to make a point.

Discos
loved the games.... and I mean LOVED them! Totally got my interests back into the Playstation.

I did see a poster of Max Payne at my local cinema a couple of weeks ago, didnt have any information on it at all. Was cartoonish black and red with a figure of him on it...thats it, no text, release date or whether it was a movie, game, day care centre.

Discos
ah silly me, the movie has been out in the states for a few days. GB should be getting it mid-November (when I am actually in the United States haha).

should be a good flick but seems its been getting alot of negative reviews.

DarkC
It's crap.

I saw it last night. It did the plot in the games NO justice at all.

rabidd909
This movie pissed me the hell off. Max Payne was one of my favorite games, and nowhere in the plot is their anything supernatural(unless you want to count the insane madman screaming about tasting the flesh of angels roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and the movie obsess' over the supernatural. the game is about a cop taking down the drug-slinging scumbags who killed his family, and he didn't stop shooting until he was done. not Valkyrie and some supernatural conflict. I couldn't sit through the whole thing...

Kazenji
Looks like Scott Miller, CEO of 3DRealms, the producer of the original Max Payne game is'nt also happy with it

Contains spoilers for those who have'nt seen it

Discos
rabidd, you have probably best described it mate. I aint seen the movie but saw the trailer for it for the first time last night. I saw Whalburg and i was like "this cant be Max Payne".

Sure to shit it was, the trailer didnt look like ANYTHING from the game and i frickin worshipped the games. Why couldnt they just turn the first game into a motion picture...

You know the whole Valkyr and russian mob thng?

Discos - Might be eating my words cause i aint seen the movie, YET!

Toku King
Just saw it less than a minute ago.
It was alright, though I'm not familiar with the Max Payne franchise, so my opinion is unbiased. The movie is nothing special, and shouldn't be worth more than $1. I mean, you can watch it and enjoy it on a boring Sunday afternoon(like today), but don't waste too much time on it. It's bad, but not as bad as other current action stinkers. I'd give "Max Payne" 2.5 stars, or by Spill Crew ratings, a very low Rental.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>