The OFFICIAL 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicGambit
Um, I don't know much about Harry Potter. But I went to see the movie with my niece and nephew, And I was sitting in the theater and I noticed where are all the male witches?

Can someone answer this for me...

sanoschicky69
okay, guy witches are called wizards or warlocks. there arealot more than witchebecase thewitches are all... in groups, and you tend to see more guys because they are taller. the extras casting is done in local British schools, so the Boy girl ratio depends on who gets cast from the school, really. Hope that helps, big grin

DemonicGambit
Okay thanx that helped somewhat but I'm still confused, I mean aren't boys witches just supposed to be witches? Oh well, at least I know have an idea into the witch thingie...

frootlooplucy
Female magic people are called witches.
Male magic people are called wizards.
this isnt for EVERY story about magic, just Harry Potter.
Clear?

charmaine
guys can be witches too but in harry potteres world guys a re wizards and girls are witches

Laviera_j
Yeah, there do seem to be less warlocks and wizards...they all seem to be at Hogwarts, you know like dumbledore...etc.

But have yoyu forgotten Mr WEeasley? And I'm sure there will be more wizards in the third film with all the ministry officials and stuff, like Fudge etc...

big grin

DemonicGambit
Oh I get it! So the guys aren't considered witches just wizards! Thanx I was really lost on that!

Phoenix
Anything you want to know about Harry Potter and his world, simply 'Ask Hermione' and I'm sure you'll get an answer!

((PS. This is just for simple, factual questions, e.g. 'Who played Professor Sprout in CoS?' This is not a thread for deep, thought-provoking questions, e.g. 'What is the significance of Snape?' They deserve an entire thread to themselves - and often already have one, if you click the little 'Search' button at the top of the page. Go on, you know you want to click it!))

opps_le_peeves
heya

opps_le_peeves
probably arent here...ill go

Tassie
you took my line, Phoe stick out tongue

frodo_dude
I HAVE THE HONOR TO ASK THE FIRSTS QUESTIONS!!
is the same director thn movie 3 gona direct movie 4?? have they started shooting it? if not when will they start??

Elondra
No Alfonso is not going to direct the 4th movie. The new director is i think someone called Mike Newell.Correct me if I'm wrong.

celestial_moon
that is correct elondra. he said he wanted 2 take a break from film making. apparently, he's worn out from the 3rd movie.

Tassie
*wants to ask a question*

umm...

umm...

'Who played professor Sprout in CoS?'

JessieSparrow
Man he was a good director...they shouldn't switch the director that much just get some ones who's gonna stay through the whole thing...ugh

frodo_dude
i am very happy thaT THEY WILL CHANGE THE DIRECTOR CAUSE I DONT LIKE VERY MUCH THE DIRECTOR FROM THE THIRD MOVIE wink

OOPS SORRY 4 THE CAPS!

celestial_moon
i loved cuaron. he was very excellent 4 the 3rd movie. o, and the answer is miriam margoyles wink

TrixStar
Ive heard they might be recasting for these movies any word on that?

celestial_moon
warner bros. at first thought of replacing the three after the third movie. however they were impressed with the acting in the third movie so allowed them 2 do the 4th movie. the studio is still in decision on whether they will do the 5th movie. if so, rupert has already signed on if allowed while emma and dan r still waiting 4 the studio's decision

airangel

celestial_moon
miriam margoyles

Tassie
yey, thanks celest happy

I just felt like asking something.. stick out tongue

Phoenix
big grin yay! looks like its going well, everyone! big grin

celestial_moon
lol it was a great idea phoenix.

Duckf*cker
alien u guys have a weird obsession

frodo_dude
whatever LOL

celestial_moon
may be weird 2 u but not 2 us. so that was just pointless.

Matrix_Neo
My question to hermione "Will you go out with me??" laughing out loud

celestial_moon
did we appoint a hermione?

frodo_dude
erm... NO she's goin out with moi wink

gyrachaj
Haleer! smokin'

gyrachaj
Hi Hermione! Who is your Love Interest in the 4th Film? Happy Dance

Elondra
Draco. I always had a crush on him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

celestial_moon
lol, nice elondra. anwyas, it's viktor krum (i'm not sure of they released any names yet as 2 who will play him. i think they did)

Elondra
Oh yeah it was Viktor. Soz i forgot who he was.

celestial_moon
lol u 4got who viktor was?!

The Alpha
Is Tom Riddle, Voldemort?

muntox
is harry potter a tim hunter ripoff?

celestial_moon
the alpha: he is. it was the name he used while in school. it was also his father's name.

munto: *rolls eyes* harry potter is not a time hunter ripoff.

Elondra
yeah I forgot his name embarrasment

I read OOtP last year and the others 2 years ago. i don't really have a good memory.

frodo_dude
ok lol

muntox
no, i didn't think he was a tim hunter ripoff. i just wondered if anyone thought so (having heard as much). seems to me they're both extracted from the precepts of historical magic lore: primarily druidic on hunter's side, whilst potter contains elements from a wide range of cultural legend and mythology.
so clearly my question was fishing for a bite so i could point out that very little in either story is in fact an original cultural concept, ie they're both 'ripoffs' (not meant in a bad way) of things quite ancient.

muntox
why are some ghosts ghosts while other people simply shuffle away when they die?
and will the ghosts of hogwarts ever be able to finally rest in peace?

celestial_moon
that isnt technically a ripoff, it's considered using such facts from ancient times.

muntox
i know it's not 'technically' a ripoff; (although what contsitutes a technical ripoff? is it not a slang term).
anyway, i was obviously using it poetically.

celestial_moon
ok, well most ppl tend 2 think ripoff means ripoff. and ur right, it isnt technically. it's not a ripoff.

Scar
Then this means he is a hell younger than Dumbledore while he is more powerful than Dumbledore. This also tells us that Hagrid is only 3 or 4 years younger than Voldemort.

Phoenix
well, jk says that you have to have a burning desire to be a ghost - eg the traditional unfinished business! Or. like Nearly Headless Nick, who says he is too afraid of death to leave.

RoguePw25
I have a question:
In the Prisioner of Azkaban, Harry and Hermione go up against a lot dementors in the end and Harry blanks out. They use the Time Turner to go back in time, and at first, Harry thinks that he sees his dad saving him, but with a closer look he realizes that he is watching himself. How come Harry didn't remember this?? And does Harry possess great powers that he doesn't know about??

Iceman22
Like you said rogue, he uses a timeturner, for that he wouldn't remember it, because the "future " Harry conducts the Patronus Charm without beiing seen by his earlier counterpart.
He probably does have great powers, but the source of his powers is his believe. If he does believe he can do something, he probably can.
Don't ask me how i know this, because i don't have any legitimid proove.
It's rather a hunch.

Iceman22
I also have a question:
Do any of you guys (and girls) know any good fan fiction of Harry Potter that are complete.
I m waiting for anticipation for the 6th "official" book, but since that's gonna take a while, i like to read some fic's.
I would be very pleased if either one of you could give me some help.
PS: already took a look at schnoogle, fan fiction and sugarquill and read the best, so looking for others. PLEASE HELP!

celestial_moon
well it depnds. do u ship any1? check some shipping sites then. they mostly have fanfics involving their couple.

RoguePw25
yeah, I don't know how many Hermione and Ron sites, or Harry and Ron.

You might want to type, Harry Potter Fan Fiction, at google or aol.search.

Iceman22
Been there, done that.
But thanks anyway and celestial: i like a romance in a story but not that kinda thing that goes only about the relationship, if you know what i mean. I m searching for a kinda fic like "Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent" or "Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero", those wore excellent ( although the sword of the hero isn't complete yet). Dunno if you guys ever read them, but those were great and I m kinda looking for those like them.
But really thanks for trying to help, really appreciate it. Thanks a million and zillion times big grin

Phoenix
HP Fanfiction - Our Recommendations

ILoveTomFelton
Hello Phoenix. i am doing what you told me to do....... is tom going to be in the next movie or not?

Elondra
If you mean the 4th movie...yes he is going to be in it yes

Mads Davidsen
......yearhhh riiight, ask Hermione.....she wouldn't answer......she has other things to do.......and don't you mean ask Emma Watson?......
.....but i'm new here as you maybe can see.......

Elondra
Yes I can see that you are new. Soooooooooo obvious.

Why would we wanna name it ask Emma Watson. Hermione is smart. Emma is not.

And this is a Harry Potter forum not an Emma Watson forum.

celestial_moon
emma watson is not her character! we choose ask hermione since it's sorta ironic.

Mads Davidsen
.....woooow, i didn't realized that it was a Harry Potter forum .....:P.....
.........okaaaay.....(:P)......

hotsauce6548
okay, Hermione, here's my question: Are you a werewolf?
cuz in the movie it says werewolves only respond to other werewolves and dont you think that were-lupin would know it wasnt a real werewolf who was calling? erm

celestial_moon
no she is not a werewolf as far as we know. she did research a lot about werewolves so she must have learned about their call, how 2 make it sound like 1, etc.

Scar
i can't remeber, hermione, but i m sorry to ask if u called lupin in the book as well?

Phoenix
No - Hermione's werewolf call was Alfonzo's 'artistic liscence'

DracosGirl
yeah and I doubt JK will write a new storyline into the books because of something that was added into the film

Hells_angel
all things are possible

celestial_moon
it cluld b the thing book 6 or 7 foreshadows.

tessamarie
There recasting the 5th movie on wards! No dan, emma or Rupert will be in it sad

Phoenix
not necessarily - dan said in a recent interview that he would like to stay til the end, and the casting director has expressed an interest in keeping all three so we can see a natural growth of the characters

frodo_dude
i hope they change tghem yes

Scar
what! u dont want dan to be in the 4th 5th and the rest two movies?

Phoenix
I think these three are good. Maybe they're not the best actors around, but they are certainly pretty good, especially for child actors. Emma is a tad OTT with her acting, but Hermione is a bit pretentious, and Emma has been acting in theatres before Harry Potter, where you HAVE to be OTT

celestial_moon
only jason isaacs (lucius malfoy) has signed on so far. apparently, the studio is waiting 4 the performance of the 3 from the 4th movie.

I am a Sock
What are the nicknames of Sirious, Lupin, Haryy's father, ect? All I know is Padfoot, but I don't know who he really is.

celestial_moon
padfoot=sirius, moony=lupin, prongs=james, and wormtail=peter.

Scar
hmmm... In the first book... by philosopher we mean Mr Flamel or Mr Albus? :P they both participated in creation of that stone but why that stone was in possession of flamel?

celestial_moon
nicholas flamel is the philospher. i believe mr. flamel had worked on it more than dumbledore. either that or he needed it more 2 support himself (he is older than DD).

muntox
how does voldemort justify his pureblood eletism, and have other pure blooded wizards supporting him as their leader, when he is in fact 1/2 muggle; a mudblood as it were?

celestial_moon
it's sorta like hitler. hitler wanted power and control over germany and 2 have germany and its ppl(especially christians and nazis) b restored 2 1 of the top countries in the world. voldemort wants power, control, and 2 have wizards(especially purebloods) b restored 2 its peak.

Fawkes 15
In Book 2, the Chamber of Secrets, when everyone is wondering what Slytherin's monster could be, Fred and George tease Harry, saying to Percy that Harry is going to have a cup of tea with his fanged servant.How come they know that it is a snake.Is it just because of the fact that Salazar Slytherin loved snakes or was it a subtle clue by j.k. to the readers or was it an unusual mistake by Rowling?

Scar
Please explain a bit more.

alexmartin6969
does emma watson really read this or not coos i need to speak to her its important. and im only 14 and i live in london. so if by any chance in hell you see this can you email me at [email protected].

please

The Innkeeper
Astrology?

And did harry gte proffessor Binns in book five or not

cant rermember lol

angelsflame265
Divination is what trelawny teaches, and i don't get what u mean with Binns

The Innkeeper
You know the history teacher
the ghost one
who always sends harry to sleep...
not even death stopped him teaching wink

Does he still get him?

angelsflame265
next year? I don't think so. . . if he needs it to become an auror yes if not no lol

The Innkeeper
I mean did he in book 5?

angelsflame265
oh! lol sorry, yep he did smile

Tassie~Cyanide~
Sauron, there's the "Ask Hermione" Question Thread!!

The Official "Ask Hermione" Question Thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t297056.html

zombieman
Jesus christ could you not have just looked it up instead of adding to the ever growing number of pointless threads! What a waste of bandwidth.

shaber
Where's the movie thread in this forum "Hermione?"

celestial_moon
alexmartin: i dont think she really reads these forums. write a letter 2 her. use her fan address/

shaber: what movie?

Scar
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t295518.html

if u r talkin abt the POA movie discussion

Inwë Nólatári
are you stupid? what did you think you were doing when you clicked on the HARRY POTTER (underline underline) section? going to movie reviews?

auror_chk
hey guys im not trying to be difficult or anythin but if we do ask a question does Emma really answer them lol....i was just curious thats all...or does someone pass the questions on to her agents and people like dat?????? "DONT HATE ME CUZ IM CURIOUS" embarrasment

Scar
lol.... definitely "no"

Ah.. Hermione! Please tell me who closed the chamber of secrets 53 years ago?

celestial_moon
it wasnt closed. it was just there until voldemort could finally have time 2 open it.

auror_chk
oh sorry laughing had to many of these beer lately...plus i have the habbit to not read everything that explains everything embarrasment

dave123
This is just for simple, factual questions, e.g. 'Who played Professor Sprout in CoS'

that's not simple no expression i don't have a clue confused

~*~Tassie~*~
That's why I asked yes

no expression

dave123
not very useful around here, are they sad

twigNig
I still don't understand the point of this beer

Scar
Point of what?

mossnick0129
hi, if emma watson really does go on here please ansew my question. How did u do on your sat tests because i thought ure scool stuff might have had a bak seat while u were filming so much.

Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Scar
no expression erm no expression erm

angelsflame265
*hits head on wall*

~*~Tassie~*~
Exactly my reaction^^ laughing out loud

Dogg49er
Sweet!!!! ( . Y . )

twigNig
Point of calling the thread "Ask Hermione". Why not just call it "The answers to your simple questions" thread? It's not like she's really answering lol.

Scar
But "Ask Hermione" is kinda cool. raver
One who does not like it is definitely not a HP fan. stick out tongue
At least the thread subject doesnt say "Ask Emma", as most of the posters are looking for her email address here. yes
Ah! The reason why she is not answering is that currently she is busy in reading HBP and getting ready to answer our questions as soon the book is published for us. stick out tongue

Joy2dWorld
Uh, I've always wanted to ask this-- What's the full name of Sirius Black's mother?

Its just coz I have this habit of missing out on small details when I get over-excited reading a book-- I tend to overlook coz I so wanna find out how everything ends. Then I also have a hard time re-reading a 2nd time.. I get lazy coz its no longer as exciting as the 1st time I read it -- I know its crazy -- that's coz I'm crazy stick out tongue

please Hermione, answer me smile

Lianslo
alright...i've got a question *hopes it hasn't been asked before*...i already posted this in another thread...but...nobody really wanted to answer it...so...i thought i'd try here! smile

As i already said i just reread OotP...and then i decided to read book 1 (to prep me for another read through of Cos...looking for thos HBP clues!) ...i love finding all those connections, b/w stuff that happens in book 1, and then how the same stuff just gets deeper and deeper as the books progress...anyways...as i was reading the first chapter of SS, i noticed McGonagall talking to DD...and she asked this..."...but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?" and DD responds "We can only guess...we may never know." but this does not fit...he's already heard th prophecy...does this mean that JK just didn't want to give us any hints, or that she wasn't originally planning to inclue the prophecy? or maybe this entire question is stupid

Scar
This entire question is stupid. no expression stick out tongue

mauro
I have a stupid question. What is your answer?

What the f**k?

Lianslo
you are always so kind...sad

~*Auror_Chk*~
ahehe i agree with mauro...what is your answer Scar stick out tongue

i dont rekon your question is stupid i rekon your just trying to get in depth with the story...maybe JK didnt want to give us any hints about the Prophecy so she made it look like that DD had no idea but really he did...i think if we knew about the Prophecy during the Philosophers Stone (in which you call it the Sourcerers Stone...*spelling sorry*..) then wouldnt the rest of the books be just like not as interesting....i think that JK didnt want it to come out just like that....she wanted her fanz to keep reading and get really into it b4 it all came out dont you think?

twigNig
I don't have to like Hermione to be a Harry Potter fan. You know that thing called preferences? Chyeah. Anway, calling it "Ask Emma" would be just plain stupid LoL.

Carry on.

Lianslo
This makes sense...also what i was thinking was that JK could have made DD give an indefinate answer. One that didn't really make us wonder, but didn't make it seem like harry was attacked for no reason...shes usually pretty good at tricky stuff like that. It just made me wonder, cuz the comment just didn't fit. But on the same token she couldn't say anything too revealing, or like you said, it would have given away too much too soon.

~*Auror_Chk*~
Spot on Li!!!! big grin

Mads Davidsen
Are there camed something new about the book six of the Harry Potter series?

Ghetto Goblin
they will get tired of it for years straight on, christopher columbus barely made it to the second one right away, he was the best so far.

the third guy, messed up alot of the scenes by deleting them, adding them, and adding un-needed scenes, he stunk. sad

twigNig
I thought the third director did a good job. Made it all more mature. I prefer him over Christopher Columbus.

HaX | 0P
hermione DO YOU LOVE HERRY POTTER confused laughing Happy Dance sick embarrasment

twigNig
Hmmmm

dots

flamewielder
in the 5th book and seamus is finally admitting that harry...he says "and i sent a copy of that magazine to my mam" is mam just the way he says it or is it a mistake????

ArrghPirateGirl
mam is just the way they say it...Its sorta an english accent thing big grin

tomfeltoncrazy
gay*wad!

twigNig
LoL

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

Auror Chk
@ tomfeltoncrazy......whats gay*wad* What the f**k?

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

Dominic wollam
my question 2 hermione : will u marry me

Mr Spidey
Question to Granger(or Hermione whatever floats your boat): Do you know when the new book is coming out?My cousin's dieing to know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dominic wollam
if u do cum on dis emma e-mail me at [email protected]

Mr Spidey
laughing That's very unlikely,she's very busy with the movie right now.Then school is about to start too.So much to do..so little time sad

flamewielder
is shadowfax black or white???i would look it up but im lazy and i cant find my books

Dominic wollam
hermione how do u send letters to u? wats the addy? plz e-mail answer [email protected] smile

Mr Spidey
Your are unlikely to get a response.
Why do you keep asking confused

flamewielder
forget my shadowfax question....i didnt realize that i was in the wrong place

angelsflame265
lol he's white just to answer your question stick out tongue

Emma_Bratz_2004
Slytherin Rocks !!!!! ( Because Of Tom Felton ) !

Dominic wollam
Emma:how did u find time for all ur school work? and hows playing krum and cedric in the next film? plz send answer 2 [email protected]

Mr Spidey
*sigh* You know putting out your email address isn't such a great idea.Someone could start sending you spam. sad
But anyway,she does her school work when she isn't in a scene.Or when she's at the hotel.Just like the rest.
You can find out who plays Krum and Cedric when the movie comes out.Or when someone finds out for themselves. wink

naamarie
ok... someone told me that Robert Pattinson is playing Cedric Diggory but when i looked at the cast list it said it was Jeff rawle ... so who is it???

ada
No idea! Ive not seen that matey, ive read that it is definatley Robert Pattinson xx

naamarie
sorry my mistake i hjust looked it up and Jaff rawle is AMOS diggory lol and yeah Jeff pattinson is cedric... my bad lol

Paola
uhm.... hello!!

I've just seen 3 HP movies and I loved them.... they rock

anyway I was wondering if you guys could list all HP books released and soon to be released and if anyone knows how many books HP is going to last

THANX

ada
Paola, no ofense matey but where on earth are you living? Jupiter?

There are 7 HP books in total.

Currently released is ( in order )

Philosophers Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Pheonix
Half Blood Prince
( The seventh books title has yet to be announced )

The first three books are all already films as im sure you are aware, the Goblet of Fire is due for release on November 18th 2005.

Hope that answers your question chicken xx

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>