Has KMC Changed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flying Orange
This question applies to only those members registered before (I repeat: *BEFORE*) January 1, 2004. Does it feel like KMC has changed in the past six months or so? If so, has it been for the better, or for the worse? Something feels different, and I need more opinions... confused

Dario Argento
The horror forum is almost dead sad

N.Tonks
Yeah, it did change a lot. It was a lot better before.

dave123
sad

<<Solo>>
Yes it is, I've been starting to post in there quite abit though/

Agent Elrond
The Matrix forum is dead. rip LotR fourm is falling apart. There are just no more good movies worthy of becoming a forum anymore.

Fallen Jedi
alot of my online buddies have left or hardly every post anymore. sad

Fallen Jedi
and wow, there are so many newbs! not that that's a bad thing.

im not burlyman
yeah, it changed server

Flying Orange
Quite a few of them mutilated the OTF, imho...

Trinity_Matrix
Yeah, I think it's changed a bit since I joined...

And the Matrix forum is dead. It picked up a bit when Revolutions came out on DVD, but it died again.

Furious Angel
KMC used to be a lot more interesting and funconfused

JToTheP
laughing Changed? You have NO idea, after Summer 2003... roll eyes (sarcastic)

dave123
yeh, i heard about them times sad

Yuna33
it really changed?

lil bitchiness
I used to visit it a lot, now its....boring and dead...and i havent posted there properly in a while

The One Himself
Yes... sad embarrasment

Trinity_Matrix
TOH!!! I have't seen you in ages!!!

im not burlyman
whistle

Royal_Knight
Yes KMC changed...but changes can be good..depending on the outcome

The One Himself
I would say the same about you.. smile HI! eek!

Flying Orange
Wouldn't you expect it to?

Rogue Jedi
i registered june 2003. the only change i see is old friends gone, new friends made.

realworlddreams
people have changed...i think maybe the IQ level has dropped about 10 pts...but its alright...n i joined in Oct 2003...this forums pretty much the same, the Matrix forum has like, dissappeared tho...

Flying Orange
Matrix forum died, LOTR came and went, and now lots of newbs that can't spell joined messed

Rogue Jedi
the star wars section is dead as hell.

realworlddreams
yeah, everything that was appealing about this place pretty much came n went (see "do you work out" thread) those kinda things jus make it annoying to be here

Flying Orange
Yeah. The Episode III forum is beginning to come to a steady boil, with less than a year to go to the movie, it can only get hotter in there. Also, music and General Fiction forums aren't very active, or were more active before...

realworlddreams
music is usually pretty empty, i tried talkin in there a couple of times w/no success...i jus get flamed for likin Linkin Park...
Episode III will be full of "spoilers" for a year, n then it'll die within 6 months prolly...like every other time-sensitive forum here...intelligence dissappears with the Noobs...

Tptmanno1
I dunno, There are more people to keep track of now.

realworlddreams
i dont keep track of many people, i dont actually like/know a lot of pplz here anymore....DeNiro's good, Rogue Jedi but i ono, i knew a lot more of y'all about 6 months ago...but o well, new friendships gotta happen sumtiems rite?

Flying Orange
Yeah, but the new people make it sorta hard... heh, flaming everyone left and right.

realworlddreams
i.e. Rabid Wolverine?

Tptmanno1
Geez that guy's retarted.
Trying to say he knows more that DeNiro bout training..
That was funny!

realworlddreams
yeah, seriously, i wouldnt mess w/D if he sed sumthin was wrong in my training regiment...

Agent Elrond
Around Oct, Nov, there was a massive surge of newbies because of Revolutions, then it died down. Dec brought another wave of newbies for teh LotR forum. Now, is the largest and worst surge of newbies in the HP forum. Each wave gets less and less inteligent. I can only fear what'll happen in May 05.

Lady von Tramp
I joined in September last year, and the whole forum was amazing.

I still love it here, but it has definitely gone downhill.

The one thing that I think is a bonus is the Philosophy Forum yes

realworlddreams
theres issues here now...

Agent Elrond
TH's Pad was an intersting additon. Why was it made, can't remember

realworlddreams
cuz its TH...hes god of randomness in OTF

Flying Orange
That was a good addition. I seriously think that adding a debate forum would definetly help out this place. Who's with me? big grin

realworlddreams
too much controversy around here for a debate forum, every thread'd be closed within the hour it was created

Yung Wun
Meh, I don't come here very often anymore sad

Flying Orange
If specific guidelines are posted, we could just give it a try. Maybe, if it's possible, you need a certain amount of posts to get in there, sorta like a reward for veterains.

realworlddreams
yeah, but i dont have a lotta posts n i've been here a while...i dont make meaningless posts like a lotta people, i try to keep some interesting convos goin but otherwise i like readin posts from other people a lot more...
im the kinda person who speaks when he's got sumthin to say, but keeps quiet till the moments rite...
if we had a debate forum, thered be psychos mouthin off left n right about issues they have no clue about in the first place...

Lady von Tramp
I don't think a Debate Forum would work. The age restriction for a start, PG13 and all that, we know there are kids as young as 11 here. Debate really isn't their style.

That's why the PF was a good addition, more opinion than fighting fact big grin

Flying Orange
Meh erm

Darth Revan
The OTF definitely changed... it used to be *the* place to be... There were always two or three fun threads to post in, now it's just boring sad sad sad

badkittykitty
I'll have my year in july...it seems like it changes every couple of months to me....so sometimes I'll hang out in the otf...then weeks will go by and I won't

the otf changes more than any other forum here...wait, summer is here and this place will be hopping again

Drifter101
i guess its changed a little

Lady von Tramp
A lot, but it'll go in a continuous circle, it'll be the same as it was when I joined in no time. Then when you guys joined and so on......

Flying Orange
That's about how it is now, unfortunately sad
"Who's your KMC crush" and "Sleepover" threads really killed the place, and all the newbs go there, so nothing else cool is around, minus a few threads here and there...

badkittykitty
we need raz to post some more. he's always playing tricks on us smile

Flying Orange
Raz posting definetly made the place better. C'mon Raz, do your magic!
velho
BKK, who is the girl in your avvy? naughty

badkittykitty
charlize theron..she's a honey! wink

Flying Orange
My oh my, is she ever! drool
http://www.celebrity-hair-styles.com/charlizetheron1.jpg

badkittykitty
thats a great pic! *saves pic*

Rogue Jedi
BKK, remember last year when it was me, you, TH, chinaniki, lance, linds (and some others i cant remember) here? man, those were the good old days.

badkittykitty
quite a few others rogue..like bf,nivvy and falling blue...I miss china and nivvy alot sad

realworlddreams
should i try to meet Nicole Richie? shes filmin a movie on my street...at least im pretty sure shes here...i know that Gregory Smith is...but i wanna pic w/nicole stick out tongue

badkittykitty
I think she looks like her father

Rogue Jedi
i know chinaniki is in china teaching, doing very well. i talked to her a couple of months ago on MSN messenger.

badkittykitty
isn't she ever coming back to the states..what about falling blue have you talked to him?

Flying Orange
No, no, you shouldn't.
YES you should DUH!!

realworlddreams
no ones here rite now...they went out to dinner...

badkittykitty
*sigh* I guess so

Lady von Tramp
I miss the end of last year, I met loads of really cool people when I joined, but they've disappeared. sad

BidMyBlood2Run, bLooMiLiCioUs, Shadow Angel, BLACKANGEL, I could go on.......

Veralidaine
i agree with u.....wen i first joined...all my buddies were on..there were really interesting threads....n i had more funsad....

its still good..just......not as good...

Titanic Lover
the threads are becoming more of a sex appeal like the one that says have you seen your parents doing it.

SpikeSpiegel
It's changed quite a lot since I joined.

silver_tears
Changed yes
Worse yes

Titanic Lover
same here

silver_tears
cry

silver_tears
those threads were cool the first time around sad

Myth
But they added the Kill Bill forum. Thats a plus. big grin

silver_tears
ahem stick out tongue

Titanic Lover
i haven't seen Kill Bill

Evy_O
Lots of things changed after last summer, 2003 yes
for worse sad

but you eventually get used to it happy

Titanic Lover
yeah ya do

silver_tears
People should learn to spell first off yes

Lady von Tramp
We shouldn't have to get used to it!!

We shouldn't stand for it!!

cry

*goes off in huff*

Myth
WHAT!?! Quick, to the Mythmobile. We need to make this a blockbuster night.

Veralidaine
laughing out loud...hah...ur funny

Flying Orange
Ahem, YES.

Veralidaine
messedand you thought i was an attention whore.....

bLooMiLiCioUs
changed??the place has DIED!! sadsad whatever happened to the fun i used to have sad

Ushgarak
Blimey, another one of these threads? We get one every four or five months, each one always bemoaning how much worse things have vecome. I am amazed we ever find any lower to go, on that basis.

Fact is, of course, that that is an ilusion. Certain people don't like change from the point they joined, and so always see things as being worse in general, meanwhile the next generation is enjoying themselves, and then in six months will post about how bad it has become, whilst another generation is enjoying themselves etc.

This is at least the sixth time I have seen a thread like this. I have been here over three years, and there have been the most enormous changes- that is just the way it works.

Dunno what this about Star Wars being dead is, though. That is about as factually untrue as you can get- it's on its highest level for years.

Flying Orange
Just because a forum doesn't have a post every five minutes doesn't mean it's dead, backing up what Ush said.

bLooMiLiCioUs
nah i didn;t mean it that way - just that the threads nowadays don't seem to actually have a fun side to it anymore - and many of them in the other forums have just no point (so many of them have died...sad)

BakaXero
different.....
what stays the same?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.