Anyone frustrated with the releases of TCM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chainsaw Maniac
Many of you know that The Texas Chains Saw Massacre has been re-released again on DVD for 2003. However, the release is the same as the one that was made in 1998. I originally thought that maybe they improved some of the problems from the first DVD release. Like the picture quality, which was somewhat poor, and maybe add more extras that where in the LD. However, I had my hopes to high. Nothing was different from the previous release. Same extras, and to make matters worse, it did not feature an anamorphic transfer. How bad could you get. I was horribly disappointed. What do you think?.

sad

Cinemaddiction
There were atleast 2 different versions in 1998, including the 2 Disc "Hamburger" cover.

The 2003 Original TCM just had fancy new artwork, and was issued to coincide with the release ofthe TCM remake, as the original 1998 versions are long out of print. Why be pissed? It's just giving people who didn't catch the first edition, when DVD was actually a rare thing to have, a chance to find it again, 5 years later.

I don't think there was ever a need for "anamorphic widescreen" on the disc, since Pioneer used their own SuperScan technology to clean up the original.

If you haven't before, watch the original TCM on video, then on the PIoneer SE DVD. The difference is crystal clear.

BackFire
ReReleases are pretty normal, I have no problem with it.

I didn't buy it, because I have the old Pioneer one, but it's good that people can now buy the original pretty much anywhere, and for cheap.

The Pioneer version was pretty rare, and therefor expensive. Now with this new one, it's a pretty cheap movie.

<<Solo>>
I had no problem with the re-release, I bought it,The quality was ok but there was not much special features.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.