Where does Jack get his water proof eyeliner?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue-Sparrow
In the movie Jack is in and out of the water all the time and his eyeliner never runs. Where does a pirate get water proof eyeliner in the Spanish Maine in the 18th century?

NtOnKsSuX17
usually guys didnt wear eyeliner, its just for the movie

el-pirate
isn't there anything else black that u can put under your eyes.....

~Johnny.D_Girl~
i heard that pirates DID wear eyeliner so that their eye lids didn't get sun burn't......or something like that.....theres a thread about jacks eye liner a couple ges back but i think its closed......... hmmmmmmmmmmm

KMC
Two words- CREATIVE LICENCE!

Kate xx

JessieSparrow
hey how would we know if pirates wore eyeliner back then...were any of us there? hmmmm...didnt think so...and plus people werent too fond of pirates so not like they'd be askin them where they get it...

SimoneDepp
i say: ask himstick out tongue

paula 7
tha's a dam good question because everytime i go to the drug store and get the popular name brand (you know who you are) it runs and when i wake up in the morniong I look like captain sparrow.... And I don't even drink

JacksBabe777
Yea they did wear it and it's Kohl it was to keep the sun aways from there eyes (thought it doesn't seem like it would wrok too much, and Johnny Wore sun blocking contacts ALONG with the kohl and he was still squinting and stuff) BUT to answer your question, i have no idea. my eye liner always runs too and i'm the same as you Paula i wake up and it makes me look like Jack!

tinkerbell668
I really hardly ever get that problem, i wash my face at night but when I forget whoa!!! not a pretty sight, nope not at all!!!

~Johnny.D_Girl~
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

PeAcHeSdApIrAtE
I wear colored eyeliner, usually royal blue, lilac,plum or violet, but sometimes I wear more subtle colors like olive,brown, or black, and I wear it on my whole eye or the corners, or just on the bottom. It NEVER runs tho! I don't know wht u guys mean! It helps if, with a really detailed bruch, you dip it in water then put an eyeshadow(matching color of course)over ur eyeliner. It stops it from running! Sry, i'm really good with make up for some reason... My older sister even lets me do her make up for going out to parties! Its fun tho, I'm really good at matching outfits and makeup and getting the look I want, it's kinda fun!(Sry I'm kinda dragging on and bragging sad sry....) MAYBE I could go undercover as a makeup artist and meet Johnny Depp! AHHHHH!Dressed as Jack Sparrow! AHHHHHH! ((((((((freakin out)))))))))

crisomtears
um...like isnt it called movie magic? dont you think that they would replace his kohl so that way it looked intact? i mean you wouldnt want to see him with kohl running down his face would you? and ya they wore it back the pirates wore it back then to keep them from squinting from the sun..so they could see...kind of like football players were that black lines underneath their eyes..its so you can actually see and not squint all the time.. ^_^

MissesDepp?!
Pirates wore khol to keep them from squinting. Yes, just like football players. Johnny was wearing khol as well, not eyeliner. And waterproof eyeliner doesn't work either, best to wear Khol...like I do.

crisomtears
you were kohl? were did you get it?

MissesDepp?!
you can make it, which works better but takes FOREVER

or buy khol sticks, khol pencil thingies. It's awsome, better then eyeliner.

Mrs_bloom
cool

KMC
Kohl is good but smudges easily.

as i said before- creative lisence on the waterproof eyeliner thing or in the words in CrimsonTears- "movie magic"...

Kate xx

tinkerbell668
Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small world....OH uhhhhh sorry drifted off there!! stick out tongue

~Johnny.D_Girl~
lol

ArrghPirateGirl
Kohl interesyting

Unholy_Cheese
We had to sing that stupid "its a small world" crap in Primary school!

Mr Zero
This is a question which i've asked myself on many an occasion... My best guess is that it was Kohl - but cunningly mixed with Perilla oil !

It was common enough at the time : The plant being used for cooking and whatnot - but most importantly the oil was used in waterproofing cloth.

Jack probably knew this as waterproofing was necessary on a boat, and genius that he was - adapted it for his own custom eyeliner.

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

Mr Zero
Are you saying you think I'm wrong?

Lookie all the facts about perilla - linkage

I think the mystery of the waterproof eyeliner is solved!!!

Unholy_Cheese
what the??..blink

atlantic_heart
does anyone know where one could find some sun-blocking contact lenses??

·•Lost_Freeak•·
laughing yeh like...if i told ya u'd have 2 come 2 australia...y dont u ask sum1 in the same country as u....thats a great start wink stick out tongue

xXLauriëXx
laughing

yeah ... going to your local opticians might also be a good idea big grin

·•Lost_Freeak•·
laughing that too

JohnnyBloom
It's L'Oreal obviously ...
LOL, no um, from what I've heard, obviously in the movies they just use eyeliner and make up, but apprently it's coal, I mean like charcoal/ash from the remnants of a fire ... which is why the colour is always described as 'KohlBlack'. The other thing I head is that the eyeliner was drawn on much in the same way that tatoos are done and that it's permanent.
I'll have a dig around and see if I can find anything out!

Ellie91
i think der shuld b a law sayin dat all men shuld av 2 wear eyeliner, it makes em look soo cute
jack sparrow iz the fitest pirate eva
take me home plz jack
luv ya

Freeak_ish
nah he's mine wink u can have 1 of the clone's tho yes

Emma718
what's Kohl?

JohnnyBloom
um, im not entirely sure how to explain it - except it's very black

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Freeak_ish
nah he's mine wink u can have 1 of the clone's tho yes

eek! I'd completely forgotten about those clones!!!! Oh - KMC's finest invention!

^^[leane]
Originally posted by Emma718
what's Kohl?

um ... its like ashes ... that ar wet and after dryed and put in a stik smile
( sory im french ... my english is not great smile )

belbel300
oo, a new thread!

^^[leane]
lol big grin

belbel300
wheres your piccy gone!!??

^^[leane]
big grin

belbel300
yey its back

^^[leane]
lol

belbel300
big grin pepsi

^^[leane]
pizza with pizza ... its better smile

belbel300
yup robot......look, its dat car citreon robot from the advert!

^^[leane]
lol

belbel300
nopity

^^[leane]
baby

belbel300
!

^^[leane]
serenade

belbel300
blowup

^^[leane]
sory but ... yur a guy or a girl ?

belbel300
a girl!!

^^[leane]
ok... real sory i realy didnt know smile

belbel300
look on the profile!

choosewisely
laughinglaughing out loud

belbel300
duh!

choosewisely
pff

belbel300
.......dots

choosewisely
dotty dotty dot

belbel300
dots

choosewisely
u like that 1 dont u?

belbel300
yup dots

choosewisely
dance

belbel300
i like dat one too

choosewisely
i no

belbel300
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.