Horrors best in anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
Well...horror isn't covered well in anime,but the few out there rock.what do think are the best of this tiny genere of anime/manga

DOLL-Doll is on my list at 5 because its ment more to be shocking/ironic..AND IT REALLY DOES ITS JOB!I remember sitting in Boarders reading it with the most shocked look on my face,i don't know why.There are about 4 minni storys in every book,and none of it is super graphic(i think one small scene).Its also very overlooked.Check it out,you won't be dissapointed, I RECCOMEND YOU READ IT NOW!!!!!

Uzumaki-This has to be the scariest.I was curled up in my bed after reading this one.Its so gruesome,and the art makes you want to hurl somtimes.Like then that lady was laying on the operating table with her stomach sewed up because that doctor but her baby back in the woumb...ehh...this one is overlooked as well,but its the BEST horror manga out there.
Pet Shop of Horrors-again,its the irony that makes this manga's chilly atmosphere.Its a mix of sick(evil sick)humor,shounen ai,and horror.Somtimes i wanted to cry.Somtimes i wanted to put the book down is discust.Its not at all very graphic(like DOLL)But it has its moments.This has the most story of the 3

Gregory
Can you tell me who wrote Doll? I use Amazon to order stuff, and with "Doll" yielding over 40,000 book results, I need something to limit my search.

I, too, love horror anime, but there's almost none available in the US. It's too bad. I agree that Uzumaki is great. So is Petshop of Horrors; it's not straight horror like Uzumaki, but have you seen the anime? The scene in the first episode with all of those babies is one of the single most disturbing images I've ever seen in an anime.

To your list, I'd add Tomie. It's by the same person who did Uzumaki, and is wonderfully scary. It's yielded three live-action movies, but I haven't seen them.

Lastly, the Japanese horror film Ringu (which was remaid as The Ring in America) is based on a manga, which is available in the United States; I haven't read it yet, however.

BlackHatDefect
the manga isn't very scary to tell you the truth....
i do not know who wrote doll but try
www.tokyopop.com
I haven't yet seen the anime of PSoH,but i heard great things about it
I also should have mentioned Gyo,also done by Uzumaki's creator..othrwise know as that evil fish manga>_<

Black Adam
Uzumaki was great at the beginning but then just dragged and on and on and kept getting sillier.

Read a pretty good horror manga while back. It's was basically two volumes of modern Japanese urban legends. Each story was 6 or 7 pages at the most which helped it keep it's shock factor for me.

I really wish I could remember the name right now....

Black Adam
Fuan no tane was it's name. Posting here in case I forget again.

Classic NES
High-School of The dead is not bad.

Originally posted by Classic NES
High-School of The dead is not bad.

it began really well, but the ultra right-wing bullshit spoiled it quickly, great fan-service though

chilled monkey
Ghost Stories/Gakko no Kaiden is an awesome horror anime.

dadudemon
I just read all of Uzumaki. Was really good at parts, and others, it sucked. The ending lacked any sort of imagination beyond just imagery. I was disappointed. I would like to make some of it into a film or at least a mature rated Twilight Zone or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.