is this true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
i was just reading thro stuff on imdb and it send that uma thurman was orginally cast as the character eowyn ... good job she didn't end up being her i think she would of ruined it .... neways this is wat it sed

Originally cast for the part of Eowyn in the 2nd LoTR movie, The Two Towers mad

fini
welllllllll how do we know that she would have ruined it!?!?!? Uma Thurman is a great actress and could do any role properly. And if she was the original cast then she would have been the only person we knew as Eowyn and to us she would have been perfect.

But the people of ROhan are TALL people, so casting someone of Uma's height makes sence. lol but then they would have to get allllll the guys over 6 ft also.

ladygrim
yeah but her face is to familir to put into a film like lotr ... imagine putting johnny depp in as grima wormtongue...it just wouldn't work

BingaBonga
Well, Stuart Townstead was originally casted for Aragorn... but they fired him because he was way too young for it. I don't think I could really imagine him as Aragorn anyway.

fini
thats cause we have these faces from LOTR etched into our minds. We cant conceives of anyone else being there.
If they had kept Townsend on as Aragorn and played it well, we would have been going........viggo who??? oh god no!! and stuff like that.

Fëanor
As good an actress is Uma, she could not have carried the kind of quality that Miranda portrayed of Eowyn...Being tall and blonde are not a requisite for being cast as Eowyn...

Townsend was fired not only because he looked young, which btw would be a lame reason, but because he conflicted with the writer and director's view of how Aragorn is portrayed...

Súro
jackson hired him to fire him.

to shoe em whos bosswink

Fëanor
that...or they had enough pretty boys in the movie...

Discos
Exactly eek! yes

thats the jist of it, all these fools do not see whatthe mighty fini and eagle "guy" (not guys Thorn :rolleyessmile

Discos - Discos? who?

Shadowy_Exa
I knew that- i said it many a time

shadowy_blue
sauron!! what the hell is your username all about? laughing laughing

Fëanor
he is stalking you...

fini
lmao

Kaleanae
I found this:
Originally auditioned to play the role of "Faramir" in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but lost out on that role and was instead asked to play the role of Legolas.

Kaleanae
^ That's for Orlando Bloom, now imagine another Legolas messed

ABE LINCOLN
done erm

fini
* fini imagines any other good looking skinny guy could fill LEgoals shoes*

ladygrim
actually i read on sky actiive that townsend had to many ideas for his character that jackson didn't want so he changed his mind and hired viggo

Discos
I thought Bloom went for the position of Boromir confused

Discos - perhaps wrong, as usual stick out tongue

ladygrim
no he went for faramir

Discos
oh well,

but the characters as we know as now are great, nice "not big names at the time" actors/actresses

Liv Tyler, Bloom, Christopher Lee, Sir Ian Mckellen were some of the big names

all of the actors/actresses will no doubtly have huge offers to be in up-coming blockbusters

Discos - *sigh* we all now Bloom has no

ladygrim
smile

Discos
cheeky grim....(na that doesnt sound right) stick out tongue

anyways, I thought Gamling was exactly like I pictured him as

Smodden
exactly what I thinkyes...thumb up

Shadowy_Exa
*begins to raise hand*

Oh...right....Nevermind

Discos
I would make a good Eomar,

Discos - but I would.....yes

ladygrim
i believe u discos smile

Discos
Uma as Eowyn, I cant see it happening

simply because I have got it her in my mind as a hardcore junkie swords women smile

when you see someone else from a movie and they are in lord of the rings it strikes something in you

like Ian in X-Men, makes a great bad guy but also makes a great good guy

ladygrim
i agree with u there discos... like i sed there faces are to familir for another reason... like kill bill in this case ...

Discos
meh, when I read the book I would never of faced Elrond with Hugo blink

also I thought the hobbits were all 50 years old and stuff roll eyes (sarcastic)

ladygrim
when i read the books now i still cant picture the film charcters with them of the book

Discos
I found it actually helps, also when I read the books and it is in quotes ie if gandalf is speaking, I always make it out to be Ian's voice smile

ladygrim
yeah i do that but its gimlis voice that i can never rember properly

Discos
think of a lighter voiced treebeard wink

ladygrim
yeah i have it in my head but when i go to read the books it vanishes... sad ...

grishnakah
what are you talking about i would of thought that her performance inkill bill would have sealed that up she's crap and i too am glad that she wasnt cast.

Shadowy_Exa
LG
When lotr came out kill bill wasnt out.
people would recognise her from pulp fiction, and batman.

at the least people would see kill bill and say 'oh look eowyn'

Discos
laughing out loud batman,
bleeding posion ivy roll eyes (sarcastic)

ladygrim
what ever then but i still think she wouldn't have made a very unique eowyn ....

Shadowy_Exa
well you havent seen her play the part have you.

ladygrim
no but for me personally i dont think she would make a very good eowyn ....

Shadowy_Exa
well you cant say that without seeing he rplay the part

she would certaintly be a better fighter than miranda

she is tall

blonde

she looks the part

she can play the part.

ladygrim
.......................... .

Shadowy_Exa
wow, that post was worth the time you spent on it

ladygrim
isn't it just ....

Discos
offtopic - I love that smilie

anyways, stop bickering!

ladygrim
im sorry sad .... bak to uma thurman and eowyn

Discos
meh, this thread has lost interest for me,

think there are a few of "what if someone different acted" threads

Shadowy_Exa
Uma i think would be a good eowyn

imagine it

Wiki: DIE NOW!
Uma: *five point palm exploding heart trick*
Wiki: Your not a bad person, your my favourite person *walks away and dies*

grishnakah
fare point but haveing seen maranda otto play the part, its kinda hard to imagine anyone else playing the part.

ladygrim
thats kinda wat i was saying just didnt now how to put it into words....

Discos
roll eyes (sarcastic) thats what this topic has mainly been speaking about,

Ya cant picture anyone else play the parts can you?

Discos - John Travolta as Boromir "give me the ring, frodo-kins"

ladygrim
no that would be just scary all i can think of is this character in a white suit ARgh

Discos
hehe, thats why I said that

Shadowy_Exa
Yah but if uma had played eowyn we would be here saying

did you hear this person called miranda otto wanted to be eowyn?

No way

Yeah, heres a pic...

She doesnt look like eowyn! uma was perfect!

ABE LINCOLN
Good last point.

We get used to actors/actresses playing a specific role and refuse to imagine anyone else in their place.

ladygrim
very true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.