oldies...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tns
any lovers of oldies

my fav song is rubberband man thats a good song

SeptemberRain
what do u mean oldies, like what genre an d what like from the 50's, 60's, 70's?

ElectricBugaloo
oldies is pre beatles.

Chuck Berry, Elvis, Buddy Holly are all pretty good

snoopy43
If you ever want some serious booty shakin' rockin' boogie, try some Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino or Jerry Lee Lewis from the '50's.

Yea, I'm like SO old. cool laughing

ElectricBugaloo
don't forget The Four Tops, The Four Seasons, other doowop artists

KMC
Levi Stubbs- great bloke

Kate xx

Darth Revan
I like old blues and gospel/soul cool

and psychadelic/hippie rock like the Dead and Phish

GABRIEL05
DooWop kicks ass! Smokey RObinson is dope. He wrote a lot of songs for motown. Tears of a Clown is one of the most underrated motown songs out there.

SeptemberRain
u dont have to be old to enjoy the oldies, hell i listen to it sometimes. A lot of people my age have no idea who im talkin bout when i say some of the oldies band names. A lot dont even know rock from the 60's and 70's even.

KMC
RHCP are playing Hyde Park on Saturday and, as much as i like them, they are being SUPPORTED by James Brown. SUPPORTED??? The Godfather of soul is supporting them? What is the world coming to?

Kate xx

Darth Revan
I like Tears of a Clown yes

Deathblow
Forget Elvis, Chuck Berry is the true king of rock.

I love all the old soul music as well, James Brown, Isaac Hayes, Aretha etc.

tns
i listen to ithe oldies at work but there the 50s because the diner i work at is a 50s one

KMC
Curtis Mayfield- simply amazing.

Kate xx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.