Chuck Palahniuk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I really like Palahniuk's work, i like his style, its very weird, and unlike most other writers.

I read Fight Club by him and i loved every minute of it, currently im looking for Choke, Diary and Lullaby to buy, as I hear these are really amazing.

Anybody reads or likes Chuck Palahniuk?

p.s. i searched for this, but i didnt see any thread like it, sorry if its a double.

electro_cheese
Yeah I love Palahniuk, I've only read two books by him though, Fight Club and Survivor. I would like to read more books by him but I have currently got quite a lot of books lined up to read so it may take a while but I'd love to read Choke or something. One thing I'd say about Survivor is that it had something that I've never seen in a book before and that is that the numbering of the pages goes backwards, i.e. it starts on page 300 and something and ends on page 1, I know this is not really a reason to like the book, but I liked the book for it's content and this was just something unusual. It makes sense for the book as well because it is counting down to the characters death - that doesn't really give too much away because you think that he will be dying right from the start of the book, although the way that he dies is very different! Happy Dance

lil bitchiness
Ok, with the exceptions of few, his books are never about what you think they might be from the title, and I love that.

im not burlyman
I've heard Choke's great too smile

fuct_up_kid
i've only read guts....

lil bitchiness
Diary was ment to be horrorish.

Mafia Girl
I've only read Guts too. But I've been told to read Choke. I heard it was really good.

papabeard
Read them all, Chuck is the daddy.

Cradilla
YES! finally The chuck palahniuk Lovers! I love his writing its amazing. I have read Fight Club, Choke, Diary, and Lullaby. These are very good books. Currently I am searching for Haunted his latest installment and invisible monsters. Damn Chapters to hell! haha

Rambo
anyone know when there will be another movie mad from his books? One made right like Fight Club.

Cradilla
Nope...Haven't heard of any but That would be awesome! haha there was really no point in me saying anything! but Aw well its a forum so I can sya what I want hahaha!

papabeard
Anyword on a new novel?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Survivor' was awful.

papabeard
I loved Survivor , thought it was genius. Ive never read anything like it.

doomsday49
Haunted was trash. that was one of the worst book i've ever read.

papabeard
I liked Haunted , definetly one of his weaker books, but still inspired, but im a horror fan so maybe im biased.

Impediment
Palahniuk is pure genius with every one of his novels. Currently, rumors are circulating about film adaptations for Choke and Lullaby. I'd love to see them both, personally. Haunted, IMO, was among his best work. The short story Guts was awesome.

Wolfie
I love Palahniuk. Fight Club and Choke are among my favorite books. After the book I'm currently reading now, I think I'll start on Survivor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.