10th Annual SAG Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PippinTook
The 10th Annual SAG Awards plays TONIGHT on TNT at 8:00 P.M. Everyone must watch and cheer ROTK on!!!! big grin I'm not sure what they are all nominated for, but I know it's nominated for Best Cast! eek! GO ROTK!!!!!!

Smodden
yes i can't wait they are nom for best cast in a drama film...big grin

PippinTook
Yeah Happy Dance Haha. Do you know if they're nominated for anything else, Smodden?

Smodden
sorysad thats the only thing

sean astin said in an interview with larry king that he REALY wants to win it, to pay tribute to the cast...
i guess since no actors are nom for and academy award...

PippinTook
Awww sad It should be nominated for more sad Yeah, there's an interview on this week's TV Guide with Sean Astin stick out tongue And ROTK is on the cover! Ah, another LOTR thing to add to my collection stick out tongue...Billy and Dom are interviewed on it too stick out tongue I don't have time to post it all right now because Johnny Depp's gonna be on the Inside the Actor's Studio in 10 minutes stick out tongue I'm gonna watch that then watch the re-run of the SAG Awards.....And don't get mad at me for not watching the first one! Haha.

Smodden
mee too!!!*jumps up and down with pippentook*

*gets vcr ready*

Isilcal
yay! thanks a lot! i woulda missed it lolstick out tongue

muse5
i've been watching that whole 'live from the red carpet' on E! but i've only seen liv tyler, where's everyone else?!??

Isilcal
YAY!!

D- did you s- see th- the LOTR shots or whatever? Yay!!!!!!big grinbig grinbig grin

I saw... Billy Boyd, Andy Serkis (sp?), Liv Tyler, Sean Astin.. hm..big grinbig grinbig grin

Kitoky
Yes Isilcal and I are watching it together.

Isilcal
yes

Isilcal
Yay! They won the award at the end!big grinbig grin

And Billy was wearing a Kilt.... LOL!lovestick out tongue

Hahabig grin

jorgeiscool
Yeah!!! ROTK won best cast ensemble for a drama (or whatever) Billy Boyd, Sean Astin, John Rhys-Davies, Liv Tyler, Andy Serkis and some other people I didn't recognize were there

jorgeiscool
I was going to write that.... oh well big grin

Isilcal
Ah- sorrystick out tonguebig grin

Kitoky
The good results for the awards -

Return of the King managed to scrape another award for Outstanding Cast Performance.

The people present were Sean Astin, Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd (in his kilt with glory), John Rhys- Davies, Bernard Hill, and other appreciated crew members that made the film possible.

Bernard Hill made a great speech about the great film and the speeches turned to Sean Astin with a quote, "Here comes the second president of the United States."

Sean Astin, then, made a very moving speech also acknowledging that some cast members were not present. Though after a while John Rhys-Davies gently pushed Sean aside and said his piece. Then comes Billy Boyd talking about how he went to a factory back in Gloscow, Scotland.

As the cast made their closing screen time, Sean Astin ran off the stage bearing the award.

angelsflame265
no elijah! ahh so sad

Bloom4ever
and moi, the fool of a bloom, fell asleep during the lifetime acheivement award, so i missed it sad
but i'm definitely NOT gonna miss the oscars!

pip-foot
I was so excited. I watched, adn then ROTK won the best cast thing. and they all went up and BILLY was there eek! eek! I so excited smile he was wearing his kilt smile and he said a little speech smile so did Sean Astin. It was really neat smile I was like super excited ): specially cuz Billy was there. I watched it from the red carpet on E till the end smile YAY!

Hania
I saw the awards and they won for the best cast ensemble thing!! yay!! They should have been nominated for more, like best supporting actress and all. But the awards are for actors by actors, so they don't award the composer or the director, or any of that, just the actor, that's why the show was soo short. Sorry if what I said has already been stated, but right now, I'm at school, and I can't afford to read all the post infear of being caught by the librarian!!!!! Anyways, congrats to LOTR cast, and good luck at the OSCARS!!!!

OrliNElijahsGrl
I SAW THAT!!! I WAS SOOOO EXCITED! The speeches were amazing and sean astins speech was VERY moving, i was proud of him, i could see him...as the next president....*thinks a bit* naww...but hey...he would make a good one, hes very strong with what he speaks! I LOVE HIM!

LOL! was that sean that ran off the stage?! i thought it was andy, because i could see andy in the wide shot get in front of the mic and i could hear andy go "gollum gollum" in the gollum voice, and then i saw someone run off the stage...i guess i thought it was andy, LOL! I lllloovee sean astin, i swear, ive become more in love with him each time i see him as himself and his characters (cant get over the "its not juice its a protein shake" from 50 first dates)

CONGRATS TO THE LOTR CAST! AND GOOD LUCK AT THE OSCARS!!!!

orlandoOYEA
YAY another award! Im so happy. Billy and his kilt looked absoulutley fabulous and seans speech was so true!!! LOTR deserves every single award they are nominated for!! GO LOTR!! All the awards they have won so far are just a preview for the Oscars, No other movie has a chance against LOTR!

PippinTook
GO LOTR!!!!! That was brilliant! They definately deserved that award. BILLY WORE HIS KILT!!! And I know why wink He was just DYING to show off those oh so sexy legs of his haha. Ah, how I love it when Billy wears his kilts. So sexay stick out tongue laughing out loud Hahaha! I'm really glad LOTR won, though. Sean and Bernard Hill and Billy's speeches were amazing. I loved Sean's. Brilliant, it was. I wish Elijah and Viggo and Orli and Dom and everyone else could have been there though sad A Billy without a Dom is just wrong! But still, Billy wore his kilt so that made up for Dom's absence stick out tongue Hahaha. Ey, everyone better remember to watch the Oscars (IN SIX DAYS) and cheer LOTR on!!! They ARE gonna win ALL 11 awards and we gotta watch them and scream for 'em big grin Happy Dance Go LOTR!!!! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.