Plot Summaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Edna Witch
Ok here is how it works. Someone posts a plot summary for a film and people have to guess what the film is.

Let me start you with a nice difficult one.

An American nuclear submarine is attacked (during the cold war) and crashes underwater. The navy asks the workers of a nearby underwater oil rig who are joined by a number of navy SEALS to locate and investigate the cause of the crash. As the crew embark on their mission, they encounter a number of difficulties and discover that they may not be alone. There is something else down there.

ToMacco
James Cameron's Abyss.

My turn.

A Cuban refugee finds riches in America through criminal activity. But he gets into trouble real quick.

Machine
home alone

my turn
this guy is dead but he doesnt know it .

Edna Witch
Home alone? Machine, how on earth is that home alone?

Yours is sixth sense though

ToMacco
laughing out loud Yeah, it's not Home Alone.

Guess again. Need a clue?

Edna Witch
yes please

Thomas H
Scarface for crying out loud!

Thomas H
Why in the name of God did they send Navy Seals???

Thomas H
Anyway my turn:

A gang goes around and rapes women, on get captured of the police and he get the treat ment he needed. when he get out, he can see that none of his friends have been captured, and even two of them have became cops...
This is a hard one, but you should be avalibale to make it, dont start a new one before you got it rigth!! A since I am going away for a little time, I can tell to the answer so he can be the judge!

ToMacco
Clockwork Orange. ( wink Thomas)

Ushgarak
Thomas, they needed someone to secure the nuclear weapons, that's why.

BTW, Machine's one could have been many different films.

ToMacco
A jewish man hides the war from his young son when they are shipped off to a camp during WWII.

Ushgarak
Life is Beautiful

Brith
A man walks into a police station and reports his own murder, and tells the police how he solved the crime.

ToMacco
Is that a comedy?

(Ush you're right, btw)

Brith
No, its not a comedy. Its a film noir and its been re-made at least once.

Edna Witch
Um... just showing my stupidity again. Yes i know... who wants to be a millionaire... blah ... blah ... blah! Anyway what is a film Noir?

Brith
Film Noir is a genre of film from the originally from the forties. Film Noir is usually cynical in attitude, has a flawed hero and very often an unhappy ending. It is also very often dark in the way the film looks - lots of shadows, scenes at night etc. Back in the 40s film noir films were generally about private detectives. Typical 40s film noir include The Maltese Falcon and The Asphalt Jungle.

More modern film noirs include Chinatown and LA Confidential. The genre has also been widened more recently; both Blade Runner and Seven could be called film noirs.

Alphamale
THe movie is D.O.A. with Dennis Quiad!

MY TURN:

2 guys go on vacation to a island, one ends up getting killed and the other pick on by a cowboy!

Thomas H
hehhesmokin'

Alphamale
Hey Brith , your movie is D.O.A. with Dennis Quiad

Brith
Yeah, you got it - or you could have had DOA starring Edmond O'Brien.

Edna Witch
Hmm i'm stumped on that one.

chico23
I think its The Beach.

mechmoggy
I don't think we'll ever find out either. How about this then........

A couple of jailed criminals decide to make a number of escape attempts which fail miserably then years later one goes it alone and succeeds.

J-ROC
The Shawshank Redemption...
cool

ToMacco
mech bud, is that Papillon ?

mechmoggy
Sure is To, I love that film. cool

Now your turn chap. big grin

finti
a gang of three sailors come across a hidden russian/soviet radio /spy transmitting station and then get in a race against time to get back and notify the authorities big grin big grin big grin

BackFire349
perfect storm.

a selfish yuppy befriends his long lost brother who is autistic.

finti
perfect storm??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong answere

rainman

ToMacco
A clue please.

finti
the film is from 1985

Corran
Spies like us?

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic) NO
it was a Norwegian film called Orions belte ( the belt of orion) big grin big grin big grin wink

mechmoggy
You arse Finti. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay how about this one.......

A petty villian is interogated by the police and then leaves the station after giving them an edited version of the truth.

yerssot
The Usual Suspects

ToMacco
Scarface?

Mech, there's a billion movies that fit that discription.

finti
I agree with Yers, or maby La Confidentials

BackFire349
usual suspects

heres one..... a bunch of survivors take refuge in a shopping mall after the world has been over run by man eating zombies.

jayride
Terms of Endearment!
Getting up to vomit made me miss all but the first 2 minutes.

ToMacco
I'm totally lost, now.

mechmoggy
It was "The Usual Suspects".

Is yours "City of the living dead" Backfire?

Two children are amazed at the tricks pulled by there new nanny and fear her leaving until thier father has an amazing change of character and starts spending more time with them.

Corran
Mary Poppins?

mechmoggy
No it was Natural Born Killers........well no, of course it was Mary Poppins.

I'll leave the next one cus I don't think backfire's was "city" of the living dead, but it was one of that series. I'll phone my mate who has them all on video and ask him.

brownie
Not to cut in on anyone's turn but since no one is posting I'll provide one to keep it going.

After breaking up wth his girlfriend of 6 years, hes forced into the singles life again. With the help of his friends he not only ovecomes the loss of the love of his life, but finds happiness with a women from a L.A. bar.

mechmoggy
Okay Backfire, my mucka says its "Dawn of the Dead".

Gonna have to think about yours Brownie, sounds a bit like the Wedding Singer to me though?

ToMacco
Brownie: High Fidelity ???

brownie
No not High Fidelity.

Hint: The movie also included a Mary Kay car....

ToMacco
. . . . . . . um. . . . .

mechmoggy
Yep, gonna need another clue here methinks.

chico23
Oh I know, that's Swingers right? Thats a good movie. Nice hint with the Mary Kay car.

brownie
Good job chico.

chico23
ok my turn:

I'm drunk I'm nobody. I'm drunk I'm somebody. I'm drunk.....I'm dead. The End. Big, fat rock star in a tub. big grin

Alphamale
that movie is the doors! Jim Morrison -lead singer

mechmoggy
That'd be my guess too.

2.35:1
It looks like Alphamale is up to provide a plot.

Ushgarak
I think Gundy is a bit busy to move things along here, so I'll step in- anyone please feel free to provide a new summary.

Corran
2 American students touring England are attacked and one killed by something that the everyone denies exists.

Alphamale
That movie is AMerican Werewolf in London!

Alphamale
2 mysterious strangers show up to help a town who has a killer on the loose?

mechmoggy
Is it 48 hours? stick out tongue

brownie
How about another hint.

Alphamale
Its not 48 hrs!

Hint: the killer rips the victims to pieces!! grewsome isnt it!

brownie
Mothman Prophecies?

LanceWindu
From Hell?

Alphamale
From Hell? Only one guy -Johhny Depp - as Abberline was trying to solve?Good Try!

Mothman Prophecies? No , I dont see how this is even close!

Give up?

LanceWindu
I only guessed at From Hell, I haven't seen it yet.

Umm, Se7en?

Alphamale
Im gonna give u guys a break, and tell you it was.....

Brotherhood of the Wolf , great flick if you havent seen it. Its a mixture of monster, serial killer, marital art/action, set in the 1700's!

LanceWindu
Never even heard of it.

brownie
I have seen the movie and thought it was bad ass. You forget at times that the movie is dubbed. The fight seens were some of the best..

Alphamale
Hye Lance , its out now it came out in 2001! Great movie even if it is dubbed in english! Check it out!

mechmoggy
How about this......

A story set over 3 films where a male comes to terms with his religious identity as he grows up. With lots of killings and freaky goings on along the way until he is killed at the end of the last film.

Alphamale
Is it Star Wars?

mechmoggy
Nope!

Alphamale
Is it "The Godfather" trilogy??

LanceWindu
Well is it Mech?

mechmoggy
No again I'm afraid, let me stress the religious side to the story again folks.

Alphamale
Are you saying this is a trilogy, that there has been 3 different movies??
Im beginning to doubt you!

mechmoggy
Certainly, there was even a very poor 4th made which isn't sold with the original trilogy cus its crap. Sort of the bastard child that nobody talks about and lives in the cellar. Errr sorry, got a bit carried away then.

Think religion, think good and evil, think about the ultimate good and evil story? No more clues now, I may well as just tell you the name of the freakin films if you don't get it now! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
The Omen

ToMacco
Either that or something like "The Exorcist". Maybe "Poltergiest"?

BackFire349
evil dead.

ToMacco
They made four of those?

mechmoggy
Of course Ush is right, I can't believe it took this long to get it though!

Somebody else's turn now then.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.