Are there any non-manga/anime artists here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I don't draw Manga myself and I just feel a little weird in here with all you anime/manga people

Trinity_Matrix
I draw pretty much anything, myself yes To be honest, only a handful of my artwork I've posted here is anime/manga, I also have a ton of Final Fantasy, a drawing from the Matrix, and I'm starting to post my Photoshop stuff.

Darth Revan
Final Fantasy is anime stick out tongue

I draw anything but I'm just getting into non-manga comic book type art
Especially Star Wars yes

VENOMfan
I never draw anime, not my style. I try to draw the "marvel" way

Darth Revan
Same here but I'm not nearly that good

Kitoky
I do draw anime but I also draw fanart for example for Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

beastnpyro
i draw pretty much everythin too.... but i draw anime mosta the time... especially anime dragons and phoenixs.... but to be honest... most of my xmen fanarts look like animes...

BakaXero
many of my hand drawn pics arent anime or manga but the ones i create in photoshop are. most my hand drawings varie depending on my drawing mood

Trinity_Matrix
No it's not stick out tongue It's a video game laughing out loud

Darth Revan
You know what I mean stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
I started off using dbz style as a crutch to learn how to draw... over the years I've started to develope my own taste for what I feel looks nice. lately final fantasy has been realism, maybe they're clothing and hair design looks anime, but the proportions are all 100% correct, with the exception of the animal like characters.

I dunno.. do you consider this anime? (I drew it hehe)

SaTsuJiN
I started off using dbz style as a crutch to learn how to draw... over the years I've started to develope my own taste for what I feel looks nice. lately final fantasy has been realism, maybe they're clothing and hair design looks anime, but the proportions are all 100% correct, with the exception of the animal like characters.

I dunno.. do you consider this anime? (I drew it hehe)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1153743
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1155748

Edit : eek~! sorry for the double pic post.. I pressed the back button but obviously the browser didnt take that into consideration -_-

Darth Revan
Well... Yes. It's very, very good, but it is manga or anime or whatever the hell you're supposed to call it... One of the big reasons is that there is no possible way a real person could wield a sword that big effectively, especially while wearing that much armor... Anyways, like I say.. It's damn good.

VENOMfan
yeah, but sword's are usually cooler looking and easier to draw than conventional weapon's. I have just recently started to draw actual gun's but probably will stop.it's just not my style

Darth Revan
I like guns better than swords...

Kitoky
I think guns are too.....well Guns have alot of angles and dimensions.

Swords just have a few and that's usually at the hilt.

Darth Revan
I'm good at drawing just swords... The problems I have with 'em come when I try to draw a person attached to them. I can't get the angles of their shoulders and elbows quite right.
I haven't done a whole lot of conventional guns either, but when I do draw one, I just find a picture of a gun and draw from that picture--I like to be as realistic as possible.

SaTsuJiN
so you say its manga just because he wields a huge sword? the same can be said of darth maul really.. who has the skill to wield a double laser sword without cutting themselves in half? Thats what makes fantasy great, your character can do anything. Can cyclops shoot eye beams in real life? its just a really odd statement to make. I purely have no issues with people who draw of either side, I just dont like how they feel the need to segregate themselves just cuz they draw 'different'. I'm all about mixxing styles, so all styles look nice ot me.

guns are cool, ya just gotta sketch real ones first before you can make a more believable fictional guns. I prefer swords over guns myself... Im more into the double or single edged chinese broadswords or tai-chi swords. But Im also into chains, belts, spikes, rings etc. those look really nice as finishing touches.

heres my sketchy of cloud from advent children big grin
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1208535

VENOMfan
the differnence between manga/anime is almost alway's in the face, the style of eye's and the angularity in the face.

Satsujin blended the style's he took the principal's of anime and put them in a proportionate form, very well done by the way

Darth Revan
I agree.. That second one isn't true anime in every way, but you can still see the manga-ish influence. It's quite refreshing to see somebody who really has their own style, using the best parts of other styles.

SaTsuJiN
Thanks for your compliments guys, they mean alot smile

So revan, have you drawn anything related to the starwars universe yet?

Darth Revan
Yeah I drew a couple Star Wars-y vehicles--a speeder bike and a fighter. They're more like blueprint type things than actual drawings though. I also have a drawing of Darth Maul in here (my notebook), and I draw lightsabers all over the place.

BakaXero
i use to struggle with Anime manga drawings
and my drawing style was more like Marvel type i guess
but now i do both randomly withotu thought

Jury Copeland
I can draw anyting the way I should like.

Be it a manga/anime style, Disney's styles, or whatever...

But I still like the Marvel style.

wink

Darth Revan
I mostly do marvel-style art:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1209346

VENOMfan
I only draw "Marvel" art now, Im going to restart my comic thread after i rethink the writing. It's odd, thank's to KMC i have companies going after my idea's Tom Dohery Associates, LLC, and hopefully marvel respond's as well.

just goe's to show ya what a imagination can get you.

vrempire
i think my S.E.R.R.A.M cartoon is not so much like any Manga or Anime..
but, my storyline inspiration are
mostly from them....
smile

judgement hand
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I don't draw Manga myself and I just feel a little weird in here with all you anime/manga people

I do about half and half. my drawings suck though

WolvenWars
I draw all sorts of style though.... my worst is realistic... lets see.. Stickmen(The more mature version) Manga, Realistic, Cartoon, SuperHero, Sketching Etc. Etc.

the funny thing is i cant draw wolves in like 3 of the styles i use...mostly realistic and manga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.