How many people cried? and how many times?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sheild_Eowyn
Just saw ROTK yestersay and I think I cried for the last 15 mins nonstop!
Just wantet to know, who else cried heaps and what scene made you cry the hardest? sad sad sad sad sad sad

ElvenQueen
Definatly when Frodo and Sam are climbing up Mount Doom and Sam asks him if he remembers the shire. And Frodo replies no and says how he is naked in the dark...That got the most tears from me.

sheild_Eowyn
Oh yea, me too.
And at the end when Frodo says goodbye to sam and before that when he's back home at Bag end, but he's finding it so hard to get his old life back, and he has to leave and Sams like "you can't leave Mr Frodo!"
I was bawling

ElvenQueen
Yeah i cried way too much...but what was cool is...I was talking to 2 of my guy friends and they said they cried like babies. And one of their girlfriends was like "yeah, they were crying so hard their chairs were shaking." They cried more than her. its so cool when guys show emotion.

hobbit_lover
I cried through the whole...well nto really but I think the one of the saddest parts was when therodm(sp) died and when frodo told Sam to go home and when sam was telling frodo about the shire I was cring sooooo much this girl I didn't even know who was beside me gave me a tissue it was a really sad movie but it was awesome!!!

SKAliv
LOL, ElvenQueen. I was sitting next to these guys that I didn't know, and they were acting all macho before the movie, but any time the emotional scenes started, they started crying!! It was soooo funny, but sweet!

I cried during the whole thing, but mostly when Frodo told Sam to go home. And when the title came up on screen. And when Denethor told Faramir that he wanted him to die. And when Sam carried Frodo up the mountain. And when Theoden died. And when Frodo left. And at the end credits. And when Pippin sang while Faramir did that suicide mission. And when Arwen saw her son. And when Pippin and Gandalf spoke about death.

Those are all the scenes I can think of when I was REALLY bawling uncontrollably. The rest of the movie was just a steady flow of tears, haha.

Did anyone else feel sad when the Oliphaunts died? Because they looked like Elephants? All I could think of was Dumbo....please say I'm not the only one!!

--Liv

Kitoky
EVERYONE SINGLE SCENE WHERE SAM STARTS TO CRY, I WAS BAWLING!!! And others were too, wwwwaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Lady Bri
I don't know about other people but I started crying whenever ANYBODY in the movie cried. Especially when Theoden dies and the end when they sail away sad

Ariadne
I cried when Frodo told Sam to leave, when Theoden died, when Frodo and Sam were talking about the Shire at Mt. Doom, and at the Grey Havens. And then the person I was with cried all the way through the credits.

BingaBonga
I didn't cry. I couldn't, I was so wrapped up in the movie, that I had to stay focused. One thing that made me want to cry, was when I had to walk out of the movie knowing that this is the end. I felt like I was depressed for about a day, but I got over it knowing that it was the beginning of Winter Break. smile

kalantiaw
the part where aragorn says "my friends, you bow to no one"... i didn't make me cry, just teary eyed... that was an awesome scene, just seeing all these people bow to the hobbits...

woodelf
The biggest tear jerker for me was at the end when Frodo left for the Grey Havens. The scene where Sam is holding Frodo, on their journey to Mount Doom, was also a very touching moment.

BingaBonga
I was about to cry when Smeagol turned Frodo against Sam. That was so sad. I also thought that when Aragorn told Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin that you bow to no one was so touching. I really do believe that the lotr trilogy has left something in my heart. It's such a touching trilogy.

woodelf
Me too. It has left something positive in my heart as well. I feel a sense of joy and saddness at the same time. The soundtrack has had a powerful effect on me as well.

"I never really envision the finish of anything I start. It is risk that fascinates, the moment of infinite possibility. It lures me through eternity when all other charms fail." author unknown

"All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that has been given to you." Gandolph

BingaBonga
One of my favorite quotes from lotr was that one from Gandalf. The other was: "No parent should ever have to bury their child." - Theoden, Two Towers. In fact, I think that I'll start a thread on that. smile

Aragorn#1
I know this sounds crazy but i got all tear eyed when at the end, at the black gate, Aragorn and the rest of the army were surrounded and they knew they couldn't win so Aragorn just turns to them all and says "for Frodo" and first Merry n Pippin charge then almost every one else O MY GOD that was great!!!!

BingaBonga
no, no, that isn't crazy, I thought that was touching also

Aragorn#1
good i thought i was the only one but i thought that was so awsome i cried going out of the theater and when you see Aragorns face when he sees Arwen oh there finally together aww love

Bar-en-Danwedh
i haven't seen ROTK yet (cause it comes out on the 26th) but so far in the trilogy when they exit moria and when boromir dies.

i think boromirs death is the most heroic, dramatic, tragic screen death ever (but they change in a few days - but then again he's my favorite character)

and i'm pretty sure i'll be taking tissues just to be safe.

Melkor_TheEnemy
I am a guy and I am not afriad to admit that upon seeing ROTK I cried. Since I cried in Two Towers as well I figured this one would make me worse, lol.

When I saw the Rohirrim charge into the Orc armies and the Rohan theme played I got all teary eyed just because of the entire majesty of that scene. Frodo turning on Sam made me hate Frodo and feel very sorry for Sam, the many partings at the end....ummm... there were more.

Denethor saying he wished Faramir had died and just a little later on when Pippin sang that song and Faramir's charge was killed.

For the other movies the march of the ents makes me teary eyed because again the musical score just gives everything such meaning, almost conveys the emotion in a way that you feel the sacrifice they are making. In Fellowship like Bar-en-Danwedh said the death of Boromir was heoric, tragic and very moving as he continues to fight even though he knows he is going to die....wow. His words with Aragorn and when Aragorn says
''I will not let the White City fall nor our people fail''
"Our people"

The Lord of the Rings trilogy in my opinion is one of the most un Hollywood films of recent times because instead of focusing on explosions, action and sex Peter Jackson has focused on telling a story of a battle between Good and Evil, how far we are willing to go to protect what we love. What we are willing to risk.

Sorry how the latter half of that kinda became a review of sorts

Camellia
Wheh Frodo said that he can remember the Shire again, and then Sam seems to have lost hope and is comfprted by his friend.

Also, when the people of Minas Tirith bow down to our lovely hobbitsbig grin

fini
argh dammit you people made me lose allllllll hope of holding it together when i go to see it...............i know i'm gonna be crying and clapping when THe End comes up on the screen............

Discos
I would probably say it is when The Army of the dead appear at the battle, not so much a sad part but the army of the dead was the most greatest part of the film for me and I was just so "darn" pleased

Mindmage
After three years and over nine hours of watching the Lord of the Rings, the saddest part is knowing its over and I want to watch more. I get emotional thinking about it.

Camellia
Oh yes, and when it said "The End" in big white letters...end of the trilogy, end of an era...sad

Linkalicious
when Aragon tells the hobbits that they bow to no one. then everyone bows at them....i almost cried...but then i remembered that i'm a guy and it's not my place to cry in public.

Camellia
Don't be so ridiculous! Of course you can cry! - and when it's The Lord of the Rings, you can cry as much as you like!big grinbig grinbig grin

Linkalicious
nah....simple trick...just take a deep breath

thorC
i cry most of the time . but i really sad when i know that the trilogy is END. Everything is end. there will be no feeling of waiting to see it. this forum or any forums will no longer talk about it oneday. ( i won't)

thorC
i cry most of the time . but i really sad when i know that the trilogy is END. Everything is end. there will be no feeling of waiting to see it. this forum or any forums will no longer talk about it oneday. ( i won't) ya know i'm crying now....................
i've never been like this B4

Aragorn#1
ME TO oh that was sooo great!!!

Furiae
I can carry you and you bow to no one...teared me up but society prevents me from crying in public so....smile I ran to the bathroom and kept flushing the toilet...jksmile

manny321
i was going to cry when pipin was singing when farmairs was going to do his charge against osgailith, i didn't because my cousin was beside me, if i was by myself i would have, anyways my legs were shaking when the rohrim charged. They were shaking because of exictment.

sauron
where theoden dies

theoden: my body is broken, i go now to the halls of my fathers, in whos presence i will no longer feel ashamed
eowyn: im going to save you
theoden: you already have

but the ABSOLUTE most upsetting moment was barud dur crumbling, and saurons eye was like "huh!" and it was looking all over
was like nooooooooo sad

aniron
either when aragorn and arwen are reunited, or when sam is told to go home, or when pippin was singing and he cried, or when frodo was leaving or when the words "the end" came up on screen I DON'T KNOW.

enya
when everyone bowed to the hobbits that was great for the obvious reason and that still people were taller then them which i thought was great

omg when frodo sent sam away when sam fell down the stairs i cant forget the whole i dont remembr it convo about the shire and the carrying the almost dying but being rescued by the eagles, omg im goin to cry

the biggest moment was when THE END came on the screen. *cries*

BurnetteBeauty1
i thought it was really sad when frodo left sam behind!!! sad i almost cried
and at the end i was crying my eyes out!!!

enya
wot when he told him to go coz of gollum or when he left with bilbo at the end

enya
both tear jerkin

babina
Definately when Sam and Frodo are climbing Mount Doom and Sam says "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" Omg, I've seen it numerous times and it's still amazing amazing. Yes, two amazings.

Dark_Psylocke
I didn't cry but I nearly did when:

*Frodo tells Sam he cannot help him anymore *and felt like killing Gollum too!*
*When Frodo says goodbye to his friends in the end
*When Faramir nearly gets burnt alive

ilvorlandobloom
i cried so much! it was so sad!

enya
omg i really thought he was goin to die and i felt sorry for pippin he tried to help but no one would listen its the same with merry he wanted to help but no one would listen except eowyn

ilvorlandobloom
yeah, that was so cool when she went by and put him on her horse and he ws all "my lady" that was so cool!

enya
mr smooth lol

lkotbr33
i didnt cry at all ut i almost did once i forget where

enya
dats helpful lol, try the whole end

enya
or all of it

lkotbr33
lol

JKozzy
I didn't cry at all. Some parts were moving, but no waterworks here... whistle

szhismine
biggest tear-jerker...

Frodo telling Sam to go home;
Sam picking up Frodo and they start heading to Mount Doom;
Sam and Frodo talking about the Shire and Rosie and stuff;
the Fellowship reunion;
Aragorn telling the hobbits that they bow to noone and everyone bows to them;
the entire part at the Grey Havens;
Pippin and Merry getting separated;
Theoden dying.

that's pretty much all i can remember. wink

the last hour or so of the movie was really emotional.

Aurora
The Whole Movie!!!!!

Actually the parts that really stuck with me are:

1) For some reason when Aragorn confronts the King of the Dead. For some reason it brought tears to my eyes. I was like YYYYEEESSSS!!!!!
2) When Pippen finds Merry and he is like " Are u going to leave me." And Pip is like "No, I am going to look after you." Okay that seriously put a tear in my eye right now.
3)When Sam and Frodo are on the rock after the ring is destroyed and Sam talks about Rosie.
*********4) This gives me chills: When Aragorn says "My friends, you bow to no one." Then he bows with Arwen, then everyone bows. OMG. That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

BurnetteBeauty1
i cried tons! *tear*tear*

kalantiaw
i think one of the emotional parts too, but not obvious to most, is when bilbo asked to see the ring for one last time... then frodo kinda stares off, and the look in his eyes... it's like i saw all of his pain from the time he left the shire to the destruction of the one ring...

Aurora
That is great!

shadowy_blue
Yeah, and then all he said was "Sorry Uncle, I'm afraid I'd lost it."

Moving indeed. sad

Pyromatic
BingaBonga, its sooooooooo weird. I felt like crying when i was walking out of the theatre too! I know i sound like i dont have a life but i got all sad knowing it was the end and there will never be anothe LOTR movie.... but like you i also got happy again remembering tomorrow is the first day of winter break!!!!

Aragorn is BOSS!!!

Member.
It is good.

ilvorlandobloom
the whole movie is a tear-jerker... man, even thinking about those parts makes me cry... well at least my eyes get watery. thats what happened when i read all the stuff u guys wrote... and when i hear Pippin's song...

ilvorlandobloom
i am so emotional...

Exa
I didnt cry but I rarely do cry in the theatre cuz Im usually so wrapped up with the movie...
But I nearly cried during all the scenes up from the parting of Merry and Pippin till the end of the movie sad
I just really had tears in my eyes when the ride of the Rohirrim started ... "Ride for ruin! And the world's ending! Death!!!"

BOPRecruit 16
i cried only during the part where denethor already knew that boromir was dead and pippin's flashbacks. also, where denethor confirmed to faramir that he wished that faramir died instead of boromir, faramir wanting to throw his life away in the final battle, and was going to get burned alive by his father. i could just feel their pain and sorrow, it was so real.

passerby03
Even due to the fact that we here in the Philippines are having a Film Festival that takes the much-awaited (God, I can't wait) regular showing of ROTK to January 9...I just can't help but go tear-jerked by the thought of it right now. I mean, from what you guys just said...and how the audience reacted...darn I can't wait to have a shock and break down. I'm waiting for those epic sounds and mellow tunes. Those cheesy yet worthit song numbers or the orchestra beating the sound of war, death, and hope. The very theme of good vs. evil makes me sob as I reflect on my own life. Everything can be tear-jerking at any given place and time because there is just so much meaning. Goodness, you can just feel the rush! But for now, keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks and God bless!

Hania
I wasn't bawling, like I thought I would, but I did get very teary eyed in many parts of the film, basically every moment that was meant to be sentimental, I got emotional. And the battle scenes!!! My God! And when Eowen killed that lord of the nazguls by not beings a "mere man". The fighting made me want to go all kamehameha on those orcs :P

sheild_Eowyn
I honestly don't ever cry in movies, but I cried so hard in ROTK that I could barely see the screen and my mascara was all over my eyes!
I cried for the first time when Merry and Pippin were separated and was all watery-eyed for ages, then I cried when Gandalf was telling Pippin about death and the white shores...
I was shaking the seat cos I was crying so hard!

But I cried the hardest at the end when Frodo's back in the shire and he just can't find his old life again........"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How can you go on living?And then your heart begins to understand, there is no going back,There are some hurts that time cannot mend, some wounds that go to deep"

I don't know why, just prob cos he's so lost, and he's where he wanted to be for so long, but he can't find rest, even with his best friends...................I can't ever remember crying so hard in a movie.

fini
u know i couldn't cry ( like i thought i was gonna do) in the movie..........i was sooooooooo wrapped up in it.
But of course i had a tear for Faramir, Sam carrying Frodo up mt doom with a choir doing the LOTR theme, Frodo leaving Middle earth etc

Pipage558
I cried for the whole movie!
Definity when the Rohirrim arrived at the battle. Also when Sam and Frodo were on Mt.Doom and talking about the Shire and Frodo said that he couldn't recall the touch of grass. i was crying really bad!

orlisgrl15
i went to c the movie last night and i cried so many times. the part that i cried most at was when the ring was destroyed and when Arwen and Aragorn kissed, (most of my tears were happy tears!!! i also cried when it was all over because i knew there was't going to be a fellowship any more. sad Oh, i also cried when Arwen had he vision of Aragorn and her son. it was so cute!!! (did anbody besides me think the kid looked creepy though?)

orlisgrl15
oh i remember now. i cried the hardest at the part when the fellowship was together again at the end. it was the gratest thing in the world. i have never seen/expirienced anything like it before!!!

Member.
yup

Vegeta13
well i didint cry at all,''i dont cry at movies, but i felt sorry when frodo left his hobbit friends:
Sam,Pippin,Merry,,,,,At the end

sad

Kitoky
It seems like the most emotional crying scene would be for the Sam and Frodo scenes

shadowy_blue
Yep..I cried at almost every scene with Frodo and Sam. sad I also cried at the ending when Frodo left. sad

Caribbean_Chick
I thought it was pretty sad when Frodo told Sam to leave and he just broke down and cried.. and when Merry and Pippin were seperated

and the first time the scene goes black at the end I nearly cried because I though they were going to end the movie without showing Arwen and Aragorn being re-unitedstick out tongue

Caribbean_Chick
o yea and I though it was sad when Denethor told Faromir that he wished that he was dead instead of Boromirno

Verity
Well...I admit I started crying all the way from Theoden's death to the end! But I was so sad also when Frodo tells Sam to leave!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

Kitoky
Omg I cried so hard when Frodo sent Sam home.

muse5
that was sad, this is going to sound horrible, but when i saw that part i thought of titanic 'i'll never let go jack, i'll never let go' and i started giggling, o well, i had to much caffeine that night, i cried a little when theoden died, and when sam carries frodo up mout doom, you know when i didn't cry... WHEN DENETHOR DIED!!!!

BingaBonga
I know! I just got the Two Towers extended version for Christmas, and when I watched the extra scene of Boromir and Faramir together happy, and then Denethor came in and told Faramir how low he was... I just wanted to go and hug him... http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/hug.gif

hpxmenlotrnerd
hey all! i cried so hard in the scene after aragorn's corwned king and he finds arwen etc. and when he reaches the hobbits and they bow and then aragorn says " my friends, you bow to no one" that made me cry so hard...and also when frodo and sam are saying goodbye on mt doom, and frodo says im glad to be with you sam........sad

Verity
yes

KingOfGondor292
I cried

1) When Frodo tells Sam to go homeno
2) When Theoden diessad
3) When Aragorn and Arwen finally see each othersmile
4) Of course, the Gray Havens
5) When Sam was holding Frodo on their journey to Mount Doom and he brought up the shire.
6) When Denethor told Faramir that he wanted him to die instead of boromir dying
7) When Sam carried Frodo up the mountain
8) When Pippin sang
9) When Arwen saw her son

So I like cried the whole movie LOL!

shanie623
Same here. sad Sam is such a good friend. The part where Sam carried Frodo all the way up to the mountain, it was sooooo sweet. Only I couldn't cry because I was too shy for people beside me to see. But my eyes were hella teary sad

Oh my god. AND YES. I was really, really, really VERY sad when Pippin was singing while the battle was happening sad

Caribbean_Chick
omg yea when Sam just broke down I was like omg!!!!!!sadsadsad and then also when Sam was like:
"I may not be able to carry your burden for you, but I can carry you" I thought it was kind of funny but I was like awwww Sam's such a good friendsad

Bloom4ever
yeah, i definitely agree about the part when pippin sings. That was so sad sad
i couldnt cry during the movie, my parents and my sister were next to me. It almost killed me to see Frodo and Gandalf leaving, even though i read the bk. n i knew it was goin to happen, it was still soo sad. And when Frodo started to trust gollum, dammit i hate Gollum.
I cried so much when i went home. im goin 2 c it again this wknd!!!

bLooMiLiCioUs
i cried like thruout the whole movie,starting frm the part when frodo told sam to leave i thinksadsadsadsad
i finished a box of tissues each timesadsad*cries more*

muse5
i was watching live with regis and kelly this morning and sean astin was on, and they showed a clip where sam gives frodo the water and sam's like 'i don't think there will be a trip home' or something like that, i started BAWLING!! i didn't in the theaters but i did today, i also started to cry the other day when i was watching fellowship and boromir died

sheridyn1
i didn't cry but i felt sad sometimes. like whenever pippin was singing but i laughed when frodo got bitten by the spider. I feel really sad that ROTK was the last movie though but i hope that King Kong is as good.

zombieman
None of the films hit me nearly as hard as the book, i was particularly dissapointed with the power of the ending of ROTK, it only had a fraction on the impact that the book had on me.

hrh_jennifer
1)"The grey rain curtain of this world parts and you see it..white shores and a far green land under a swift sunrise"
"Well, that doesn't sound so bad."

2) "Rosie Cotton dancing, she had ribbons in her hair, if ever I was to marry anyone, it would have been her, it would have been her"
"I'm glad to be with you (nice change of words from the book there) Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things."

3) "We set out to save the Shire and it has been saved, but not for me"

I think those were the three biggest tear-jerkers for me, I don't think they're quoted 100% correctly, but you get the idea, apart from the brilliant acting, the music was what made me cry most, especially when you know what the lyrics are for example when Frodo is hanging on the ledge over the lava in mount Doom and Sam's trying to get him to reach up to him, the choir is singing something like "I can see in your eyes that you want to let go, but reach and it will all be over." that's not right, but again it gives you the general idea!
Jen

ORLI MY BOI!
i cried when frodo told sam to go home poor ol sam
and when Pippin is singing and you see gondors army going to try and get back the city that was really moving

LegolasIsMyMan
I got teary eyed when Frodo told Sam to go home, and how he trusted Gollum more than sam.
I cried when Pippin sang for the Steward Of Gondor, because of the clip they showed with it, man , that is so sad!
I cried through most of the battle scenes,because of all the death.
I cried when Denethor told Farimir that he wished he died and not Boromir*i hate denothor for that, and laughed when he died*
I cried when Sam found Frodo wrapped up in Shelobs web and thought he died,and was so sad.
I cried when they were on the side of the mountain,and Sam was talking to Frodo bout the shire,and how Frodo says he can't recall the taste of food or the sound of rain...
I cried when pippin found Merry, that just tore at my heart.
I cried when Theoden died,how sad it made Eyowen , that just hurt.
I cried when the ring was destroyed, i was so happy.
I cried when Rosy and Sam married.
I cried when Frodo and Bilbo and Gandalf leave for the Grey havens, i mean , that was so sad, the looks of Pipins and Sam and Merry's face, that tore me to pieces...I cried so hard...*my boyfriend, he just held my hand through the whole thing*
I cried when Aragorn has the people bow to Sam and Frodo, and Merry and Pippin.
I cried when Aragorn saw Arwen for the first time, i bawled like a two year old,and when they showed Elrond also crying ,it made it 10xs harder for me not to cry!
I cried when i seen Legolas, i mean, i was so happy for him,and he had fought so hard *just like the rest of the* but, he rocks!
I cried when Sam picks up his daughter, Because Frodo isnt' there to see them,and how he named his so Frodo, i cried when he was calling him that...BUt it was such a great time though.

Then i cried when they played Into the West....enough said.
Then i cried because it was all over~~~~

Bar-en-Danwedh
well i had a lump in my thraot at the moment when everything goes quiet and aragorn turns around with glazed eyes and says "for frodo" -only because i knew the mouth of sauron telling them frodo was dead was missing. the most upsetting thing isn't a character dying, it the friends of that charactrer reacting to it. that's why gandalf falling in moria still gets me.

other moments...
-sam talking about rosie on the edge of mount doom.
-when merry and pippin get seperated (call me a softy, i know)
-the "you bow to no one" bit
-pippin singing over faramirs suicide mission
-and i would have found smeogels death upsetting if he didn't look so damn happy.

TrixStar
Then end of course is the obvious one, I teared up a lot though. The part about sam talking about how he would have married rosy while they are stuck on the rock.. When they are back in Rivendale I assume and frodo is just waking up and the fellowship comes walking in one by one. The part where aragorn said the hobbits bow to no one and all of gondor bowed to them.

muse5
so many other parts were sad too, one of my friends thought that when gollum died it was sad,it was kind of, also when Theoden died, that was SAD!! the book made me cry so much, it was the end, then when Denethor said he wished that Faramir had died instead of Boromir, that made me cry, and the ee of ttt, so sad

lkotbr33
none i didnt cry

Member.
the music "into the west" while seeing the ship going towards the horizon.

sheild_Eowyn
That scene was in Gondor, not Rivendellsmile

TimberlandG2
The biggest tear-jerker for me was when Frodo left with Gandalf and Bilbo. I was soooo sad i felt so bad. Happy Dance

pip-foot
i cried when frodo told sam to go home sad

enya
when sam carries frodo up the maountain set me off and i tried to calm myself and i8 was doing well then when frodo was going it just dtarted me off again

pippin song was also sad- the actual song and the images a scenes shown- of faramir charging

frodo_lover
I cried from the moment when merry and Pippin said good bye!
Some of the sceans were when Frodo tells Sam to go home, when Sam is talking about the shire, Sam thinks Frodo is dead... And every scean after that... sad

When I got home I started to cry again... everyone thought I were cracy!!! But you understand me... Right?

- You're not asleep, you're dead... Don't go were I cant follow!

P-NuT
definatley when frodo says that sam has to go and sam breaks doen in tears.

Jade_Eyes
Well I got a little sloppy at the fall of Boromir. It was done well and did him justice as a Warrior. He took out a crapload of Uruks and went down like a Hero should.

That gets me evertime.

Extol
"Go home Sam, we don't need you anymore"
i think i'm going to cry right now.

LOTRLUVR
Same here...

shaber
The part where Denethor tells Faramir that he wishes that Faramir had dies instead of Boromir. sad

merryandpipsgig
i cryed when sam finished defecting the spider and he found frodo in the web and thought he was dead what sam said was so touching and made me cry. he said

mr frodo no wake up dont leave me here alone. dont go where i cant follow wake up and he is crying makes me so sad oh and when pippin sings his song.

enya
still going with the most tearjerking line was sam saying the whole carrying frodo line and and he end was really sad cos frodo was leavin and i knew it was the end of LOTRs forever

muse5
faramir.... sad.... i hate denethor so much, i was at rotk this weekend for the fourth time and pip's song made me cry, seeing faramir and the other gondorian soldiers ride to thier doom... saaaddddness, i can't believe that this is the end of lotr... *tears in eyes*

ATM4eternity
yeah, when faramir says u wish i had died and what not and it shows denethors face and then he says "yes"............... but otherwise when frodo is hugging every1 at the end and it makes u feel how they have changed and its playin that music and then he smiles when hes on the ship

VGMASTER
i almost never cry in a movie or n e where else, but when frodo left sam i was almost bawling, and also when aragorn told the hobbits that they bow to no one i was cryin there too, twas a sad movie.

Yay for Hobbits
Is it just me or did someone cry when Pip says to Merry, 'Don't worry, I'll look after you'? Esp. after you're supposed to think he's been killed by the Oliphaunt. And of course when Frodo hugs each of the hobbits before sailing to the Undying lands and he takes Gandalf's hand.

*Georgina_A*
I only watched the film last week and LOVED it. i cried 7 times. i kept stopping and then starting again! Did anyone else cry?

Kitoky
There has been other threads like this but I'll let you slip wink since I haven't seen one of these in a long while - and I see you're new...

I cried, I bawled all at once.....It all started with Frodo waking up to see Gandalf...

shadowy_blue
Misty-eyed and deeply moved but didn't really cry:

1. The whole opening scene with Smeagol killing Deagol and his slow transformation.
2. When Pippin and Merry were separated for the first time.
3. Seeing Minas Tirith for the first time (because of it's realistic appearance and the music)
4. Seeing Boromir in the flashback
5. The whole Denethor/Faramir scene
6. The beacon scene
7. Pippin singing at Denethor's halls
8. Nazgul swooping down (that's just...wow)
9. When the Eagles came to the rescue
10. When the Haradrim came (what do you know? I'm a total Haradrim fan)
11. Seeing Eowyn and Faramir together at the coronation
12. Aragorn coming with The Army of the Dead

When I really bawled and couldn't stop crying

1. The death of King Theoden
2. Sam finding Frodo and thinking that he's dead (the dialogue and the acting)
3. Sam and Frodo's whole conversation about the Shire and how Frodo said there's no veil between him and The Wheel of Fire
4. Sam carrying Frodo
5. Frodo sending Sam home
6. The whole Frodo and Sam on the rock and the Eagles carrying them
7. The reunion of The Fellowship
8. Everyone bowing to the Hobbits
9. "How do you pick up the threads of an old life?"
10. The whole Grey Havens scene.

big grin

Isilcal
I cried at tons of times.. well, most of the times wink

1) Frodo tells Sam to go home
2) Death Of King Theodensad
3) Sam thinking Frodo is dead
4) GRAY HAVENS most definitely!
5) "You bow to no one,"
6) Faramir with Denethor (that one part)
7) Frodo finally seeing Gandalf and all the others

thats all i could think of now wink

*Georgina_A*
i think the bit when Aragorn says "You bow to no one" is the most emotional bit. i was bawling when i saw that. and the bit when frodo tells sam to go home. and the bit when King Theoden dies. and the bit when Merry and pippen part. and the bit when...ok i'll stop.

Camellia
It wasn't so much crying as it was feeling empty - you know: stomach flipping, spine tingling, feeling completely overwhelmed.

That was basically all the way through - but especially when Denethor claims to wish the Faramir had died instead, when Frodo almost enters Minas Morgul, Pippin and the Palantir and Shelob's Lair.

However....I cried my eyes out at the end the first time I saw it. The bit that REALLY got me though was when Aragorn says 'YOu bow to no one" and everybody bows down to the hobbits. Oh, and when Frodo holds Sam 'here at the end of all things' - beautiful.

Oh, and when the four hobbits are back at the Green Dragon once more, and they sit in silence and drink. Don't know why, but that scene is just lovely.

And when Sam says, "Well, I'm back" - last line in trilogy, last line in books. I really appreciate PJ doing that!

Ok, I'll stop now before I start crying just thinking about it!

shadow link
well each 5 times i felt different i was to blown away with awe to cry and most i didnt want to coz like i would feel stupid but could have

especially with when pippin sings and its shwos faramir riding, thats like the most beauitful scene in a movie ever

and also when the music just soars when frodo has to leave sam that made me feel really sad and half cry

White Lady
omg when frodo when...GANDALF i laughed

White Lady
but i cried when pippin sang

Corran
Did not cry at all.

Is that a bad thing?

White Lady
nope just means you got no heart..........just kidding

Corran
I am in the Wizard of Oz...

Ushgarak
Good Lord, did people really cry at the re-union when Frodo wakes up in ROTK? I thought that scene was cheese central.

jorgeiscool
yeah... thats basically my list right there... oh yeah and when Aragorn says "For Frodo!"

Corran
How did you manage to watch the film properly though all those tears?

White Lady
i never cried i kinda laughed at it

Kitoky
You thought that was cheese central? Well since we're major LotR fans we look at that scene as being Frodo seeing that Gandalf is alive (since he still thought that Gandalf died fighting that Balrog) and he sees that others are okay, they finished the task, there's a sort of relieving weight off the heart.

Corran
My money's on Ush knowing more than you about LOTR.

Kitoky
It's not a matter of who knows more it's a matter of how we look at a scene.

White Lady
i study the screen evrytime pipin comes on

Bloom4ever
i was laughing in the cinema to keep myself from crying

then when i reached home i locked myself in my room and couldnt stop crying embarrasment

Exa
lol exactly my opinion stick out tongue

I think I also never really cried, but sometimes my tears came really close to my eyes lol
Practically in each scene up from the parting of Pippin and Merry... and also in the beginning when Gollum tells his story.
the tear-iest scene for me was the Ride of the Rohirrim... not because its so sad or something, but the whole thing was just so enormous and overwhelming (if that word exists) that I could hardly hold my tears back.

shadowy_blue
I did. stick out tongue Though I admit I cringed when Frodo woke up and saw Gandalf and uttered a very slow mo "Ganddaaallllff?!" and they started laughing. But I cried at the scenes after that. stick out tongue

ash007
what the hell does Ushgarak know
That was a good bit when he saw Gandalf because Frodo thuaght that he had died and plus seeing rest of the fellowship.

That was a good scene
smile

Kitoky
ash don't diss Ush...he could get you in deep doodoo.

ash007
yeah i know smile

But i know him and Raz enough that they will only bann me if i do something wrong and not because i gave my point of view?

Well i hope not confused

OrliNElijahsGrl
I seriously am, i was watching this beautiful LOTR music video, basically with ROTK on it, like actual scenes, not pictures, but actual clips in the video, and it had this awesome shot of merry holding out his sword and screaming (prob either on pelennor fields with eowyn or when aragorn says "for frodo!"wink, and i am just like on the verge of tears, i loooove that part sooo much, and i want may to come REALLY bad, 2 LOTR music videos ive watched has all ROTK in it, and its sorta helping my withdrawls because i get to see some of the scenes from ROTK, but it also makes me VERY anxious for ROTK to come out, and ITS 2 MONTHS AWAY!! *cries* and to top my almost verge of tears...im working on my frodo and sam tribute and its soooo touching and beautiful, and i am indeed proud of it, and it looks so amazing so far, ive done music switch offs on this one (where my lotr trilogy tribute movie has just one song and that is "mourning gandalf"wink it starts out with "mourning gandalf" and then switches to a part of the "The Grey Havens" song and then switches to another part of "The Grey Havens" song, and then switches to the shire theme, and im figuring out what will be the ending music, right now its at about 2:11 long, i want to make it longer, but is SOO hard to find pictures, ive dedicated alot of my time online on finding pictures for it and working on it, im thinking about maybe ending it with the fellowship theme, have another caption saying "Frodo and Sam's Friendship goes ever on" or maybe something else, and then have a screencap from ROTK of when frodo says "im glad to be with you samwise gamgee, here at the end of all things" and have that clip playing and then have another caption that will maybe say "Frodo and Sam, Our Middle Earth Heros and our two favorite hobbits"

*tears*

tassie
aww, I know how you feel, but i'm too tired right now to feel sad or any sort of emotion at all.

Where did you see the video? And can i see your tribute when you're done?

OrliNElijahsGrl
AWWWW! i got the video at Url taken out

it has a bunch of them, some with rotk scenes, and some from two towers and fellowship, but ballroom blitz one is basically all ROTK, and the one called evidence is one that is basically all ROTK, its a tribute to eowyn and Faramir but it has alot of merry and pippin in it too, as well as that scene i told you about with merry holding out his sword and screaming which is one of my favorite parts..I LOVE THAT!

And theres others that has rotk, and some are fellowship..some are two towers...they are great

And sure you can see my tribute when im done, i love showing people my tributes, i bet ive shown my LOTR trilogy tribute movie to over 100 people who have requested to see it on the ob files board and my friends have seen it, but sure...i will show you my frodo and sam tribute when im done, and if youd like...i can show you my lotr trilogy tribute movie too, when im done with my frodo and sam one, i can email you both of them as attachments

tassie
ok thanks!
and sure, email it to me when ur done big grin

trade
aww

OrliNElijahsGrl
Okay? why was the link taken out? i dont get it

Alright tassie i will! hehe

OrliNElijahsGrl
i had a feeling SOMETHING..not sure what...but SOMETHING would end up wrong with this post...theres always something wrong with my posts...i dont understand why the link was taken out

shadowy_blue
I'm not the mod but...it's supposed to be taken out. wink We're not allowed to post links here. Read the forum rules if you haven't yet. smile

But if you really want to post the site address without being taken out, just don't do it as a hyperlink. Don't put etc. smile Just the address itself.

LegolasLuva
So, exactly WHERE is it?

shadowy_blue
It was taken out. If you'll look at OrliNElijahsGirl's earlier post, it was edited out.

sauron
so why is there an url button if you cant use it lol

anyway hae you seen the one for FOTR...that upset me sad

although it may have been what was on before it 'time to say goodbye'

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>