Which Marvel/DC characters would you like to see in an anime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
With more and more manga style artists doing American characters, which ones would you like to see in an animated feature?

For DC, I'd love to see a World's Finest anime with Batman and Superman. More than the characters almost I'd love to see how Gotham City and Metropolis would be portrayed by the background artists.

For Marvel, besides Spidey (which would be the coolest, hands down), I think Iron Man would be awesome. It would have to be filled with crazy over the top technical speak, and Stark would be talking a mile a minute, explaining everything the suit was doing while it was doing it! His ground team would always be all intense about everything, and there would always be a countdown going on...and the crew would all be hot chicks, but one of them would wear glasses.

Y'know, typical anime stuff.

Anyone?

Arachnoidfreak
No.

Marvel already made a Mangaverse and i think it's crap. American comics and Japanese comics should be kept seperate. They're just too different.

I think Ironman might already be in the Mangaverse, so look around. I know they have the X-Men i have a few issues.

Spawnie
I saw a Spawn manga version and the drawing kicked ass big grin. About Marvel getting to be manga, well I don't think they should do that. They should off kept it the way it was.
See I don't mind Spawn being mangatized but Marvel has a big universe and when I saw the Fantastic 4 in manga version, well let's just say that it wasn't the best work arround.

I saw once a great drawing of a Manga Wolverine, but that was only a fan picture. Believe me it was really apealing, none of what u have seen so far. There r lots of manga artists that could do a better job with the manga universe then it's ben done so far.

I would love to see Iron man as a manga character, and Batman.

Asian Hulk
Are you kidding?what do you mean about DC and Marvel would like to see in an anime? laughing

punkyhermy
none.i HATE anime.Such crap.Besides i LOVE the Bruce Timm design

Austinzilla
anime kicks ass but anime has a certain "feel" to it, whereas comics also have a certain "feel" to them

when they mixed, it didnt "feel" right

Magee
I love anime, certain characters could suit the style, some dont. I think wolverine would look amazing anime style, superman, Thanos could look cool and flash i think are very good characters wich have potential to be ani

Magee
heres a pic of wolverine

Magee
oops here lol

Creechuur
I mean ANIME.

Anime - animated film

Manga - comics.

Get it?

I thought the FF manga was great! It was hilarious how Reed could only stretch his brain and his penis.

Joker1237
have to agree with punkyhermy, I like Bruce Timm's Batman.

I cant see Batman being a Manga? I dont want the Joker to have thsos BIG EYES. he would down right look funny. I like Bruce Timm's first Joker design, the 2nd Joker with out the lips and eys?? Well that was a down fall. But they made up for it in ROTJ. Joker look scary in that movie.

Spiderman, MMMMM I have to say no, I like the designs from the 90's That might beat any Manga Design for Spiderman.

Spawn they can get away with.

Gregory
There's already a Batman manga out; Children of Dreams, it's called. Haven't read it. There's also a Death manga out; I read it, and thought it was a complete disaster. You have to remember that manga is not all the same. If you read Blade of the Immortal, for example, you will see that it is done in a very realistic style, nothing like Dragonball of Ranma 1/2. I haven't read it, but based on the cover , the Batman manga is done in a realistic style, so it could work. The Death manga was done in a very stereotypical manga style, and it simply didn't work.

You know what character would translate really, really well to anime? Impulse.

Arachnoidfreak
I've seen that cover before. it looked alright, but after reading the X-Men Mangaverse, im not picking up another American/Japanese art comic crossover.

I don't think there should be any anime made from comic characters either, for the sole reason that American characters were not MADE for the Japanese style of storytelling(storytelling includes both art and writing)

punkyhermy
yeah.I agree

Spawnie
Ok, I can see that u guys need some info on manga.

The original comic Manga is called that way cuz it means pics in motion. Originally a Manga comic is done by one artist called the Mangaka. U guys think thatz all manga chgaracters have big eyes, well yes most of them do, but there r lots of mangaka out there that don't agre with that style of drawing. So, it doesn't necessarily mean that they have to look that way. The original manga comiuc is read from the last page up. Meaning u read from the right side to the left.

That wolverine looks nice, but he still looks like a version of Heihachi. The wolverine I saw was totally different, he had blonde hair and was taller. Have u seen Kill Bill vol 1, in that anime part how all the characters were drawn? no big eyes, all normal, just the action was dynamic. That is the whole point.

Don't be decieved by the big eyes, manga is not all about that.

If Batman was designed like the manga Berserk, I think u would like it alot. All done in B&W, big massive action scenes, dynamic action, heads, limbs falling everywhere. Muahahahahahahaha.
The real manga charm lies in it being black and white, no colors, no special lighting effects, just some raw ink draw.

If u're interested in manga visit my page, that is ofcourse outdated but still it holds mucho information that u wanna read about manga.

www.mangastream.avalon.hr

CrazyEyes
I'd love to see the Superman stories 'Our Worlds At War' and all the stories including Doomsday; like The Death Of Superman and The Doomsday War. Superman would look good in anime. I love how the villians in the anime look, so Doomsday and Imperiex would look wicked!!!

Arachnoidfreak
I know all of this, i own several manga, and i still don't agree.

ScarletSpider
Seeing Marvel or DC in manga or anime would just be crap. I'm sure there is some anime and manga stuff out there that is good, but I've never been impressed with most of it, and I don't really bother looking into it. Dragonball Z sucks, Hellsing is annoying, most of the giant robot ones are just boring, etc. I don't mind the art so much as it is the story telling and scripts. Some of the art is very good, and I like realistic stuff. "Hyper-realism" although, not Jim Lee, because I just don't like his stuff.

Blending styles is cool too, western/manga blends are usually good looking, because it blends good elements of manga with western art, which has no bad elements, because it kick ass (sense any bias? lol). Udon makes great stuff (check out his run on Deadpool, Agent X and the Taskmaster limited series, which was great). But then there was someone on Uncanny X-Men awhile back who just plain sucked.

Arachnoidfreak
Jim Lee isn't "hyper realism." He exaggerates. ALOT. Alex Ross is more "hyper realistic" They actually look like they are wearing spandex!

Do you mean the Uncanny Xmen starting in 1991...? Yea..that was Jim Lee..my favorite artist next to Alex Ross and Greg Horn...and Greg Capullo

bardock
i would want to see the hulk or collosus

ScarletSpider
I had read somewhere that Lee had called his style "hyper realism". I could be, and probably am wrong altogether.

Spawnie
Here's a pic of a alternative wolvie smile

Creechuur
Udon is not a guy. Udon Studios is a group of artists who do Manga style stuff.

I think he was talking about Kia Asimiya, who also did the Batman manga. That guy's one of the best manga artists around, if you don't like his work you must not like manga or anime, which means youre only posting to be a hater.

ScarletSpider
I know Udon is a studio, but half the time they credit it like a person, and I begin to refer to it as some sort of life form in and of its self. I don't mean to be a hater, as I said, I do like some of the art, and especially when there's a happy modicum amalgamation of western and manga. What I do not like is most of the manga and anime writing. The scripting behind the images. I find it to be, in most of my experiences, to be puerile, trite and annoying.

Sorry if I have come across as belligerent in any of my posts towards manga/anime. It's not my intention and I try to keep an open mind, fact is it just doesn't agree with me, as it were.

Gregory
Um ... varying tastes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.