Evangelion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
NO THREAD ABOUT THIS?!?!? What the f**k?

I loved this series. Have most of the DVD's, too. General Discussion.

Shinobiprincess
lol I've read the manga of Evagelion, though I want to see the series for it.T_T oh and I like Asuka

Cyclops
you havent seen the series? It was awesome! Try and find them. I am sure you can download them anywhere.

BlackHatDefect
It is the complexity of the caracters..and the series itself that draws me deepy to this anime.When people ask me"whats the big deal about eva,i think its crap",it USUALLY prooves that they are not mature enough to understand the sad/discusting/beautiful elements that make up what is known as Evangelion.When i saw the end,i was appauled.I was not only shocked,but amazed that i had just witnessed somthing so deep in an anime.
also,theres an Evangelion live action in the prosess,the pics look great
lastly,as far as couples go im
Shinji/Kawarou
Shinji/Asuka
Misato/Kaji
i forget their names but the short haird girl/long haird guy who work at NERVE
Hikari-chan/Toji

Lord Ryugen
I've seen the whole series and 'End of Evangelion', the movie they released. And i've got to say that without a doubt it is one of the greatest animes ever made. I love this series, (I don't understand it but I still love it.)

Cyclops
It was fairly confusing. But, so was Akira until I watched it about 6 times.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I try too catch it on cartoon network but have been unsuccesful. But I think it's on soon so I'll try. It looks very cool too.

BakaXero
yeah i like this series too the movies a bit weird but
if you like evangelion you should watch fullmetal panic
its kinda like evangelion you can see the similarities and some music is similar too

crazy_c
i like evangelion, it's not my favourite anime but it's really good. it has good philisophical elements and the characters develop quite well, even more so in the manga.

cLoVi€
i've only seen some raondom parts of it.. confused

but i wanna see whole.
but i have no idea where to get it sad

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree with crazy_c. yes

crazy_c
happy

whitedragon
Hi everyone, got any kool manga pix from anythin, am just getting into Evangelion! got any pix or info about the story line or charactorz! I mainly want to see pix of the Units without masks from Evangelion!
Princess Mononoke, ninja scroll and fist of the North Star are my favs!
Cheerz Yo!

BlackHatDefect
info about eva....can't give to much away..so ill say this..the characters lives are terribly shocking and complicated. EVA CHARACTER SPOILERS*****Asuka's mother was a complete lunitic before she hung herself and her daughter came in to see it.She had a doll that she called Asuka,and she called the real Asuka"that nasty little girl that keeps visiting me"As i understand,her stepmother wanted nothing to do with her either,so shes always kinda been neglected.Rei is simple,a creation that is in love with her creator.Shinji...ohh shit..i forgot what happend to Shinji..gid im a dumbass.

crazy_c
he was neglected by his dad all his life and was brought up with his cousins or something. Oh and i think he saw his mother die didn't he?

Trinity_Matrix
Something like that...

I love Evangelion...if there's any anime that can totally screw over someone's mind, it's Eva. Asuka's my favorite character yes

BoXs
where can i read the manga online ... i watch up to like ep 14 in hong kong .... but then i had to go back to canada ... didnt finish it ... u ppl know where can i download the manga ... i had been trying to find it for 1 year now!!!

Lord Ryugen
Yo Baka are you not thinking of RahXephon, I'm watching the Full Metal Panic series now and it couldn't be further from Eva if it tried. RahXephon is a clone of Eva.

Inner Sanctum
First off, it should be noted that the truth behind the Evas are shrouded in mystery (especially unit 00). There are some things we come to know about them through the series and the movies, so to anyone that hasn't seen them or wants to figure it out on his/her own BEWARE: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
The Kwaru (sp?) episode lets the viewers know that Unit 02 is borm from Adam, and also that Unit 01 is "Lillith's only living offspring." In the episode where Fiutski (sp?) is interrigated by Seele we learn that Unit 00 was "mad from Adam" (as Ritsku's mother says). This information offers an interesting theory about the 1st activation test between Rei and Unit 00. WHY DID THE EVA GO BERZERK? Many people think this has something to do with whosever's soul is in the Eva (similar to how Shinji's and Asuka's mother's souls are in their respective Evas). However, I believe that this instance was due to the fact that Rei possesses the soul of Lilith (EoE), and she was trying to synchronize with and Eva made from Adam. The basic mythology behind Adam and Lilith is that they broke up. They were NOT compatible. Adam got pissed when Lilith's soul was put inside him.
The only problem left is why would Unit 00 finally synchronize with Rei in the Reactivation experiment. My answer: Nerv had to put someone's soul (I don't know who's) into the Eva (similar to Shinji's or Asuka's mothers) inorder to buffer the synchronization between Lilith's soul and Adam's matter. Look carefully at the scene where Gendo and Ritsuko are looking at the frozen unit 00 (vakelite infussion). There's a strange cross sticking out of the Eva's back. I'm sure they did something to alter it. Think about it. Happy Dance

Inner Sanctum
I resind my theory about unit 00. The evidence I used was ambiguous. The mystery remains. sad

WindDancer
Spoilers have been added. Also I really gotta check out more episodes of Evangelion! Man! my knowledge is weak. sad

big gay kirk
Any Anime thatr can end with someone telling God that he is disgusting has to be the best....

crazy_c
laughing out loud hmmmmm mebbe so

Poliahu
A friend let me borrow his DVD set and I got to admit that I couldn't stop watching them. I wouldn't go out and buy them... they're so expensive... but I'd watch them again.

This series had so much that anyone could grasp and gain something from it. I got to admit though if it weren't for the movies I'd be totally lost as to what the last eppy of the series was about.

But I love the Evas and the Angels! They rock!

CyberNick
I was shocked when i saw that the thread of EVA is soo small... sad
It's one of the best anime. I love Asuka! Most part of my friends start watching anime after NGE. A have all series, end of eva and rebirth.
And i have a Q: Anyone hear about the movie? I heard that movie based on EVA shooting in US.

BadKitty
I finally watched all of evangelion and I liked most of it but I had a hard time with some of it even though it was explained well, I think Shinji Ikari got under my skin by always wanting out...but it defiantly was the most complected Anime I've ever seen

radioboy121
I'm currently watching Rahxephon that I got as a present over a year ago from a friend and it's been said to have a strong resemblance to the Eva series. So far, I see a few similarities (the story does get a little confusing occasionally), but at least the main character isn't whiny like Shinji.

CyberNick
Originally posted by radioboy121
I'm currently watching Rahxephon that I got as a present over a year ago from a friend and it's been said to have a strong resemblance to the Eva series. So far, I see a few similarities (the story does get a little confusing occasionally), but at least the main character isn't whiny like Shinji. Rahxephon refers to "postevangelion" genre. And i don't like Rahxephon. Idea is boring. During all anime i thought that must be some deep idea, but it was not.
sad

ElliotHogan
Well ive only just really got into Anime having watched Spirited Away, then Princess Mononoke. My friend is a big fan and lent me the Evangelion series and my God its brilliant.
Ive been a huge fan of Japanese films for ages but never spanned into Anime. But after watchin Eva, i need to check out loads more.
Oh yeah and i just have to add, Asuka is apretty hot character. lol

DemonXangelX
my fav character is rei and i love theseries its got more going on then the movies themselves

melenor
does anyone know where i can download or read manga on eva on the others plz help a poor man who can't afford cable and manga and dvds. sad

CyberNick
Originally posted by melenor
does anyone know where i can download or read manga on eva on the others plz help a poor man who can't afford cable and manga and dvds. sad http://nge.net.ru/manga/manga.html - there. This site has some russian text, but manga is english lang. And use search google, altavista and so on...

melenor
thx

b-dan
i love Kwaruo Nagisa hes so cool same with Sanjis dad

id369
I just downloaded the whole series + 2 ovas + 1 Moive.

Im up to episode 12. (yeah in one day!)

but I have to say I still like RahXephon more so far. (even thou ppl claim it ripped of Eva.)

Any how can anyone tell me how strong Eva - 01 unit is at max final form.

Or how it compares to True final Form of RahXephon?

Thanks in advance - Id

Prince Nataku
Does any one know how many episode are on each disc. Im on episode 10 but dont know what disc 2 get cause theres 8.sad(. I reied 2 do the math and theres about 3 episodes a disc.Plez help

Prince Nataku
Did any one know that theres almost 30 dvds

DarkDethbringer
funny thing is tehre is a thread about this lol I have psted at it before

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by id369
I just downloaded the whole series + 2 ovas + 1 Moive.

Im up to episode 12. (yeah in one day!)

but I have to say I still like RahXephon more so far. (even thou ppl claim it ripped of Eva.)

Any how can anyone tell me how strong Eva - 01 unit is at max final form.

Or how it compares to True final Form of RahXephon?

Thanks in advance - Id

Unit 1's final form? I suppose that'd be End of Evangelion Unit 1 where it turned into the tree of life. Haven't seen RahXephon though. So I can't compare.

dvampire
Originally posted by whitedragon
Hi everyone, got any kool manga pix from anythin, am just getting into Evangelion! got any pix or info about the story line or charactorz! I mainly want to see pix of the Units without masks from Evangelion!
Princess Mononoke, ninja scroll and fist of the North Star are my favs!
Cheerz Yo!

Evangelion Vol. 1- Ch1

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/9351/evabook01issue01pg279iu.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2301/evabook01issue01pg289ck.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/9708/evabook01issue01pg295hb.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/9779/evabook01issue01pg303so.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/5660/evabook01issue01pg315zx.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8937/evabook01issue01pg321ak.jpg

Hope you pick this manga up, it's good! big grin

b-dan
sweer Kaworu Nagisa is so cool i dont know what i like about himxaltho hes sort of gay i still like him

M.T. STYLE
THE MOST OVERRATED ANIME OF ALL TIME...............

InnerRise
I've just recently started getting into Evangelion.

When I first gave it a try some months ago I couldn't get into it at all. It didn't entice me whatsoever.

So I tried again and practically just made myself sit there and watch it and by some kind of chance I watched a certain episode, that although while I didn't understand all of the mechanics and story nor do I still have a firm grasp on it, it still had certain little things happening that I wanted to come back to and find out what happened next. So yeah. I wouldn't refer to myself as hardcore fan or a strict fan that must be there every Saturday Night to catch this Anime but it's possible that I may get there, especially with the whole Time Travel thing going on now because I'm obsessed with all things Time Travel. So yeah. That's happening me get more and more into this show.

It's confusing as all Hell, but I'm catching on little by little......................................I think.................

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Black Adam
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE

The secret of Evangelion is that they took super robot pilots and reversed their genders
if Rei was male, he'd be the awesomely silent/cool/calm guy.
When he rushes that angel with an N2 mine under his arm sacrificing his life ... that is the scene where MANLY TEARS flow for A MAN'S WAY OF LIFE AND DEATH.
Asuka, if a man, would be an awesomely HOT BLOODED pilot. And pervy with his advances on Shinji, but a little tsundere.
And Shinji, as a weak little girl, as a girl, puts it into context. You'd be fapping furiously to Shinjiko every night because of her shy demeanour
And with girl Kaworu, Shinji x Kaworu would be amazingly hot.

And yes, this is copypasta. I just copied and pasted it myself.

RaventheOnly
I would realyl have to see mroe of it to understand it better

Black Adam
The genius of Gurren Lagann is that it inverts the inverted trope which made NGE such a classic.

Instead of a psychotic ***** ace pilot, Yoko is a caring and grounded ace sniper. Instead of a distant and soulless zomg teh Rei Nia has exuded personality and has already captured the hearts of everyone. Instead of a massive pussy who rejects becoming God, simon is a massive pussy until he accepts becoming Gar'd

grey fox
Originally posted by M.T. STYLE
Have to admit , while its a good anime it's DBZ'd occasionally as 'Teh BEST'.

Certain Gundam series are even better, and I LOATHE Gundam with a passion.

Wild-Cherry
I know this isn't the place to advertise it, but what could be better? angel

I suggested an Evangelion RP in Unhosted RP, and If anyone's interested in joining, The suport would be great wink

Heres the post -> http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=360856&pagenumber=377#post9559821

Feel free to PM me with questions angel

sailormoon
I LOVE what I've seen of the series so far!!! I wish it hadn't been taken off...I never got ta see the end... sad

RaventheOnly
*quietly waits for 3.33* embarrasment

Tzeentch
terrible show

AuraAngel
Okay show.

Based
Originally posted by Tzeentch
terrible show

Like I see why people love it's complexity and it's radical change on anime. But the plot was retarded, most characters were straight up unbearable and it depressed me more than entertained. The best moments in the show is filler-esque moments. When they're at school not talking about Angels, or clones of Shinji's mom or the ****ing Lance of whatthe****isthis.

I appreciate what it tried to do but I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather watch the dubbed version of Yugioh than go through another episode of Eva again.

Tzeentch
ikr?

Basically the worst anime ever created.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Based
Like I see why people love it's complexity and it's radical change on anime. But the plot was retarded, most characters were straight up unbearable and it depressed me more than entertained. The best moments in the show is filler-esque moments. When they're at school not talking about Angels, or clones of Shinji's mom or the ****ing Lance of whatthe****isthis.

I appreciate what it tried to do but I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather watch the dubbed version of Yugioh than go through another episode of Eva again. Maybe you shouldn't be such a sensitive pussy?

Lek Kuen
I like the show, but I do think people overstate its greatness

Tzeentch
definitely overrated thumb up

RaventheOnly
Its kind of a piece in time. It is dated and when it was made the fluidity of the movements of the machines was revolutionary in the depiction of the mecha anime smile It has the same effect on mecha as Ghost in the Shell the movie and Akira has on cyberpunk. smile It is overrated and people act like they love it because it is confusing but I just like it because of the character development and weakness that the characters portray. There are no ideal people in any of it.

Based
Originally posted by NemeBro
Maybe you shouldn't be such a sensitive pussy?

Say whatever you want Eva still sucks.

NemeBro
Say whatever you want Eva still sucks. I'm pretty sure it was just 2deep4u. thumb up

Tzeentch
Evangelion is basically the last two Matrix movies?

NemeBro
Shut up fatass, you're lower than shit.

NemeBro
Yeah that's what I thought.

Tzeentch
Calm down, Shinji.

NemeBro
Too late.

Tzeentch
theres no going back

AuraAngel
You mustn't run away.

NemeBro
Let's analyze that: If I did run away, where, the FVCK would I go?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I like the show, but I do think people overstate its greatness thumb up

I like it a lot, but fact is almost every single char is unbearable and it did kind of depressed me when I saw it lol. Shinji is the most annoying protagonist ever, granted he did go through hell but damn. And those fkn last 2 episodes were so terrible and came out of no where. I will never forgive Shinji for getting Misato killed.

Rebuild somehow managed to screw Shinji even more LOL. Wonder in what state he is going to be for the final movie.

NemeBro
Shinji is objectively one of the best-written protagonists in anime ever.

He's also objectively more badass than everyone in this thread with the obvious exception of me. thumb up

Tzeentch
You cut yourself more than Shinji?

NemeBro
Well I've cut my forearm at work with a boxcutter to scare coworkers, and since Shinji has never cut himself onscreen, I suppose technically yes I do.

Based
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You cut yourself more than Shinji?

NemeBro
Don't you like Naruto and Bleach?

Lek Kuen

He's also objectively more badass than everyone in this thread with the obvious exception of me. thumb up

Your connection to Nepth and Ant drops you several tiers alone. thumb down

Based
Don't you like Naruto and Bleach?

Me? Yes. I will grant you that Naruto the character is one of the few comparatively shit protagonists in anime.

Ichigo doesn't really have a personality and that's miles better than either of those two.

vansonbee
Do you guys recommend the alternative movies version over the TV series?

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (movie series)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (original TV series)

Thanks in advance.

Tzeentch
Well I've cut my forearm at work with a boxcutter to scare coworkers, and since Shinji has never cut himself onscreen, I suppose technically yes I do. emo

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by vansonbee

Thanks in advance.

They are more up to date graphics wise but the over all story is pretty much the same with a couple slight changes. I like the additional eva pilot that is introduced.

NemeBro

Thanks in advance. Absolutely not.

Watch Neon Genesis first, then watch the Rebuild series if you want.

NemeBro
Me? Yes. I will grant you that Naruto the character is one of the few comparatively shit protagonists in anime.

Ichigo doesn't really have a personality and that's miles better than either of those two.

You misunderstand me.

I'm not just saying that Shinji is a better protagonist than those two (Though he absolutely is).

I'm also saying Eva is a far better anime than both.

ares834
So apparently the fourth rebuild movie will be released next fall/winter.

But even better is next year, the original series and EoE will finally have blu ray releases. Hopefully the dubs follow shortly after.

NemeBro
Sweet, will definitely pick those up when they're released. thumb up

vansonbee
I'm thinking about starting this series soon. Out of the two version (movie & TV) of the anime, which you guys recommend watching?

NemeBro
Both.

They aren't different versions. The Rebuilds started that way, but as of the second film they're an entirely different animal.

Esomark
I'm thinking about starting this series soon. Out of the two version (movie & TV) of the anime, which you guys recommend watching?

Watch the TV series first. While I do like the Rebuild movies, I prefer the tone and atmosphere of the TV anime. It's animation has aged pretty well, too.

I also recommend the manga. It does some things I wish had been done in the anime and does some of the events better.

NemeBro
Both.

They aren't different versions. The Rebuilds started that way, but as of the second film they're an entirely different animal. What I meant by this was "They aren't different versions of the same story". The stories themselves are different.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.