Lecturers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I know most people have had a crush on a teacher when they were in school and so on, but i dont want this to be about crushes on teachers, im wanthing this thread to be about crushes and relationship persuing with University Lecturers.

A friend of a friend of mine I've meet on university has had a 1 year long relationship with a junior university lecturer while at university, and she believes that these kind of relationships are perfectly alright.

This actually got brought up in a joke, as i do have a really big thing for a Phsychology professor who is in his late 20s. We joked about this, and she told me about her relatinship and she believes that persuing this kind of thing is perfectly alright.

Im NOT thinking about going for it myself, whatsoever, but i did want to know what do rest of you think about this. People at University are all adults (18 or over) so does that make it alright?

get bent
sure why not

Lady von Tramp
I assume so, it's perfectly legal outside the Uni boundaries, with regard to laws etc, so why not inside? I think the rules are there, and this sort of thing is frowned upon, simply because of favouritism and then possible friction if the relationship goes wrong.

You can't say whether it will work out, so maybe they just don't want students and lecturers to take the risk, nothing should get in the way of education so to speak.

Darth Revan
Well... The age is probably alright... I think the problem is that if you break up with a professor, you still have to see him/her every day, which I'm told can be a little uncomfortable. Sort of like workplace relationships. If I had a thing for a professor, I'd actually wait til I was done with her class...

Linkalicious
A teacher or lecturer should never get involved with their own students, but i don't think that they should not be aloud to date people young enough to be their students.

Favoritism could take place and you may get the benefit of the doubt on term papers and essays because you have a physical relationship with the person grading the papers. This is not fair at all to the people who work hard for the grades they get...

As a student, i think it's entirely ok to have a crush on a teacher/lecturer and i also think it is ok to pursue any desires to be with that person. It is the teacher's job to deny any urges or impulses to be with a student due to their responsibility to their job. I'm not exactly sure, but i believe that in their job description it states that they aren't aloud to have a relationship with a student. This could be grounds for termination of their position as a teach or lecturer.

lil bitchiness
I should have explained that University system is different overhere.

Lecturers who mark essays and term papers dont know whos paper they are marking, since we all have student numbers and on our papers we put only our student numbers and NOT our names, so the marking will be done evenly. Also, every paper marked is verified by a senior proffesor.

get bent
that is different

Linkalicious
there are still advantages that COULD be had. A teacher could feel bad for their partner and "leave the answer key lying around" or something to that extent. I know it sounds quite ridiculous, but it doesn't mean it won't happen...because it's happened in the past.

Regardless of what reasons i give for grades. It's in the Lecturer's job description that he is not aloud to have a relationship with one of his exsisting students. It is grounds for termination of their position.

College in the US grades papers the same way. Everyone goes by their student ID, not their name....especially in lecture halls where the number of students is far greater than the 30 or so you'd get in a normal classroom.

Lady von Tramp
Link's got some good points, but I still don't really see any reason why students shouldn't pursue lecturers, maybe not vice versa, but lecturers should be allowed to say yes. Why avoid a possibly perfect relationship on the off chance that it might not work? People spend far too much time avoiding said risky situations.

lil bitchiness
Indeed thumb up

My friend's from high school parents were student and lecturer, and they got together, got married and ad children and are still together...

Lady von Tramp
*slams fist onto desk*

I rest my case!!

*jumps up and grabs phone*

I'm calling my old college.......... shifty

Linkalicious
Ladies...just so you know...i'm not against it at all. I was just giving you the reasons why "they" say it's wrong.

I think I already stated that the student pursuing the lecturer is quite alright, but it's that lecturer's job responsibility to say no.

If it's "true love" or a shot at a perfect relationship...then it should be easy to keep on the downlow or postpone it until the end of the term. Then, once they no longer have a student/teacher relationship...they should be clear to persue it.

Lady von Tramp
eek!

You just said a whole entire post where I agree with everything you said!!!

What the f**k?

What have you done with Brent???

Linkalicious
I'm his brother Chad. big grin

lil bitchiness
blink you have a brother Chad...

Yeah, I dont think I would ever do it...i dont think i would copromise my stay here....i dont know. However, at the end of year four, a sex session would be totally acceptable by me!

mmmmm Matthew Adams!

Storm
What the f**k?

Linkalicious
OK it's really me, but i'll get you guys a picture one day as proof that I have a twin brother.

Apparently one of me wasn't ugly enough for this world....so they made another. clap

shaber
I've had fantasies about the few female teachers I had in adolescence, but I've never felt in the least attracted to any of my lecturers.

crazy_c
Is it okay for secondary school teachers to flirt with students? confused

fini
hey i dont see too big a problem with it. WElll only if both parties act their age and if it doesn't work out, neither party has an ill feelings about the other. then its ok i think. Yeah i know University Admins dont approve of it, but it happens and unlike what SOME PEOPLE may think its not always about getting better grades and stuff. People hook up, and in University for a lecturer to hook up with one their students can be kinda good as they are almost on the same level of education and have a greater understanding about each's field.

but there is a bad side too. Thats if they are childish and be resentfull when its over. but thats a whole other story.

lil bitchiness
Yah, I absolutely agree with you. i dont know, i dont think i would persue anything, because it would be beyond weird...

Linkalicious
yah right! Tap that ass B tap that ass!!

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud Very nice Link!

love Achilles!

BackFire
It's okay as long as the student isn't in the lecturers class.

Rabid_Wolverine
a few months before i graduated h.s this new teachers aid was smoking hot.

she was maybe 21 or 24 latin also.

i was 18 at the time but i remember coming in from gym with a ****** up shoulder.

i sat in detention for smoking in chemestry.

so this teachers aid turned out to be the detention person. she saw me holding my shoulder and she actually massauged it for me.

it looked like me and her had a little chemistry for each other.

shaber
Noone helped when my shoulder was sprained furious

yerssot
I'll give you one wink

shaber
Too late now, it doesn't matter any more either way sad

yerssot
am I not good enough???

shaber
It's too late - even if ET came along; the damage is already done!

yerssot
*phones home* sad

Ushgarak
Lil, does this have to be university lecturers? Can it not be an issue for anyone involved in post-18 education?

lil bitchiness
Yeah, yeah totally. thumb up Sorry, i totally didnt word it right. But yeah, anyone involved in post 18 education.

Ushgarak
Ahhhhh...

In that case, I have perspective on the other side of the equation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.