Animatrix (Anime PoV)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am a Sock
I'm not anime expert, so I;m wondering: what's your opinion of the animatrix in terms of the animation, not the story (go to the Matrix forum for more on the story) I thought it looked good, some stories more resembling anime than others.

WindDancer
For me it was a pretty well drawn anime. I like the characters and specially that little kid. I like the way the characters looked and also the music was good.big grin

Note: Please keep this as an anime topic. If this thread starts to discuss the Matrix movies then it will be moved to the Matrix forum. If you like to go into detail about the connection between Animatrix and The Matrix films go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t13592.html

I am a Sock
I though 'Beyond' was real good. Good story and good graphics. I have seen too much anime, but I thought it to be real good.

'Kid's Story' had real wierd animation. I never seen anything like that.

Trinity_Matrix
I liked all the different animation styles used in the Animatrix -- showed all sorts of different anime styles. I especially liked the almost dirty style of Kid's Story, and the film noir feel of Detective's Story. Both reminded me of Cowboy Bebop (though since they were done by the director of Cowboy Bebop, I guess that should be expected.)

(and a little trivia bit -- Final Flight of the Osiris was animated by what is now Square-Enix, who makes the Final Fantasy games yes )

I am a Sock
yeah, I knew that. The commentary gave a lot of info on the directors and their style. 'Program' had a cool animation, and it had that samuri feel to it

Arachnoidfreak
I liked 'Beyond' the most, then 'The Second Renaissance', then 'Last Flight of the Osiris'. Then all the others are tied after that.

animeelf
the animation in most of them were awesome. they even made me cry! especially the robot ones sad

DenKi
Some very good movies but i didnt understand afew of them Like World Record? The guy ran so fast he could see out of the matrix? Then he was running in the real world in this red stuff then the robot caught him and did suming to his muscles?

caed
if you don't understand the matrix you wont get the animatrix, but yea 7 major anime artist working together on this project, i think it turned out awesome
rolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughingrolling on floor laughing:r
ollin:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.