Title of the Book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Inevitable
What do you think the book should have been titled?

Lord of the Rings?

or

Rings of the Lord?

I am a Sock
um, that's an odd question. Sauron was the Lord of the Rings. nuff said

Discos
What the f**k?

Discos - just cause yav got a good sig doesnt make ya have good threads stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
I have to admit though, this poll cracks me up. stick out tongue

Though the question is kinda....erm.....

*cough*

better say nothing at all. stick out tongue

But just to answer...The Lord of the Rings of course. The Lord of the Rings refers to Sauron, and he's the main villain in the story. The other Rings, (the nine, the seven, and the three) only have some minor roles in the story overall. stick out tongue

The_Inevitable
LoL yeah I'm just really bored.........................................

Fëanor
how 'bout

Bored of the Ring???

Shadowy_Exa
And 'The Soddit'

Fëanor
or Frodo's Holiday

Arroch
The most accurate title would be "The War Of The Ring", as RoTk was called before, or "The Ring of Power"... but that's boring

... but I think Lord of the Rings is perfect smile mainly because it refers to one of my fav charas stick out tongue
Though Rings of the Lords would also be an interesting title as at least the elvenrings and those of the mortals get to play an interesting role... but none of the 19 minor rings plays a really important part, except for maybe Wiki's stick out tongue more logical would be "Lord of the Ring" though... also because it's not only a name of Sauron, but additionally one of the main problems of the book - there is only one lord of the ring... and he doesnt share his power shifty

I am a Sock
Lord of the Flies? lol

Arroch
laughing You'd equal Devil and Sauron?

big grin

Fëanor
wink

Discos
of the rings of power roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am a Sock
actually, I never read Lord of the Flies

Fëanor
rent the movie...

Discos
funny you should mention that, English teacher actually read a passage of the book to us today

Discos - piggy laughing out loud

Montross
LOL!!!!

grishnakah
agreed sauron was the "lord of the rings" hence the title.

Discos
not the 3 rings confused

Discos - shifty

ilvorlandobloom
i just read it for school like a few weeks ago!

ladygrim
i would say lord of the rings...

Discos
so would every other person except the stinky 1 silly person who voted

Ancalagon
LoL that was the starter of the poll I think

Arroch

Korri
hello

A.D. Skinner
Seeing as the Trilogy is mainly about Frodo and his journey to put the ring to it's end...

It would have made more sense to name the movie The Ring Bearer...since he was the main bearer of the "one ring"

Though, I think Tolkien named the book just fine in my mind !

Ancalagon
erm, Hello Korri messed

But "Bearer of the Ring" is a weird name stick out tongue

Tassie~Cyanide~
omg I keep thinking you're Exa because of your name laughing out loud

I prefer Lord Of The Rings. It's not a name I might've come up with if I'd written the book,

Discos
"the black ring" whistle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.