LILY & JAMES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malfoy's chick
This is the area where you talk about the parents of Harry. Add rumors, pictures, watever it is add it.

There is a rumor going around that Lily was in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, what do you rekon?

here is a pic of James by the waty

crazy_c
I always thought that Lily was in Ravenclaw dont ask me why.

its_magic
i reckon james and lupin where in griffyndor and sirus wormtail r in slytherin and lilly was in ravinclaw

mg16
no, sirius was in griffyndor, but i dont know why hagrid thought sirius was bad since HE was the one who said that all bad wizards (and witches) were in slytherin, BUT in the PoA he (and everybody else, DUH) thinks that he's bad when he was in gryffyndor (and he deserved to go there because he is (more like was) very very brave) smile

PHEW! sorry if that confused you laughing out loud

robincooper
the way lily stood up to james in the recent book i think that with courage like that she'd be in gryffindoor... i think!

unibrow
mg i didnt understand a word you wrote but howd you know sirius was in gryffindor?

silver_tears
he was best friends with james and them and they were all in gryfindor stick out tongue

Malfoy's chick
I don't think James would be friends with a Slytherin

watadrive
in poa Sirius knew where the griffendor common room was and the other houses are not supposed to know

lovethemoon
mornin ppl if ur der lol bunny

crazy_c
mornin cept its nite now

b-ball_chick
i i dont undastand how lily cud like james l8er in da 5th book it seemed like she REALY hated him!

can some1 plz xplain?

daddy'sgurl
I think Lily was in Gryffindor because in OotP didn't it say something like Lily was on Gryffindor Quidditch team as the Seeker or something like that? but Wormtail could be in Slytherin, b/c he turned out to be a bad wizard,right?

silver_tears
they are all in gryffindor get it through ur heads guys stick out tongue oh and lily and james began going out in their seventh year

iluvharrypotter
Silver Tears is right

Firefly Clover
I agree with Silver Tears. Sirius said that Lupin was the one who got prefect, as it was thought he could have influence on his friends, who would have been in GRYFFINDOR (if you get what I'm saying)

silver_tears
indeed i do and sirius was never really a bad wizard so he never was in slytherin stick out tongue

crazy_c
I still think Lily was in ravenclaw

Princess_Leia
Not only Slytherins are bad you know, some maybe but look at Peter. So all I'm saying is don't judge and say everyone who's evil musta been in Slytherin. I just wanted too say that.

IBTonks
Both james and lily were in gryffindor...in the first film wen hermione shows harry the plaque where his dad's name is under seeker (wrong) it shows that he was playing for gryffindor...james and lily became head boy and girl in their seventh year, which is also when they started dating... they married straight outa hogwarts and joined the order of the pheonix

Firefly Clover
Yeah, IBTonks has it

Phoenix
Harry's parents thread...

LindsIsTightK
I thought it was kinda interesting to find out that they hadn't gotten along so well while they went to school together. Definitely an eye opening expierence for Harry.

Loony_Luna
I think it was pretty good actually that James wasn't as perfect as we thought when he was a teenager. I must say I think what he and Sirius did to Snape was awful, but I quite like that part in the pensive. It's funny to go back in time.

JRIndy
I hadn't imagined James to be so arrogant, but still I really liked that part too. It all seemed to be so easy to do to James and his friends as if everything they tried would work at first attempt. By the way has anyone got an idea how you can create something like the Marauder's map or how people become Animagi???

unibrow
the part about james and lilly was my fav part in the whole book cuz theyre hardly ever mentioned anywhere else in the book....it kinda annoys me that harry doesnt ask any questions about his parents i mean if it were me i would be curious as hell.

LindsIsTightK
I can't believe Snape could have been humilitated like that as a child, I just never pictured it, but it explains why Snape is so bitter towards Harry.

hhhhr
what did they do that they could leave that much money for harry?confused

pixie1
good question but i have no idea

megajoint
maybe they were unspeakables it's good connection to the vail and their 3 encounters with voldemort.
the fortune was from james side because he was very respected pure blood with very long family line.

shaber
JK Rowling said that James had inherited the bank vault contents, so he did not need a high paying job. Perhaps Lily and James were Aurors. They were in the Order of the Phoenix which seems to be the better anti-Voldemort organisation.

Candy
yeah, jk said. i am not sure whether they were registered aurors. we dunno much bout them, maybe they were really unspeakable.
james wasnt THAT good in school, wasnt he?
hmmm....
one question.... which job does lupin have?

shaber
It's difficult for werewolves to get payed work, especially with that abominable Umbridge in an important position.

Candy
yeah o course, but from which money does he live?

shaber
Perhaps wizards are not so dependent on substantial food to survive as muggles are? I expect they could use their wands to make some food out of nothing.

Their innate magic stops bludgers from hurting them seriously. Maybe they don't starve as muggles would.

pixie1
he may have been pure blood b4 he got bitten so inheritted the family welth

hhhhr
how do you think james and lily escaped voldy 3times?

pixie1
ran i suppose

JRIndy
It says in book 3 that james and sirius were best at everything they did, and top of the class.

Lily and James didn't escape Vopldemort thrice, they defied him. Back then, he was trying to "persuade" wizards to join him (with letters and by sending his supporters to them or so), but of course the Potters didn't. I guess he tried thrice...Maybe it was his supporters that they escaped from.

hhhhr
but how??

PadfootsPyrefly
Actually, somewhere in one of the books, I'm pretty sure it says that Sirius and James were at the top of the class...

JRIndy
By using magic??? blink

hhhhr
i think i knew that part i ment what could have happened

eezy45
laughing

JRIndy
Sorry hhhhr, I was just kidding.
There are loads of possibilities... Imagine some death eaters waiting for James in let's say the changing room. He has been practicing Quidditch and enters...alone. Now he encounters Voldy's supporters. First they try to persuade him, but naturally it doesn't work out. Then they threaten to kill Lily and/or Harry. James- a "Siriusly" rash, somewhat conceited, but extremely talented wizard- throws the Quaffle he has been holding at one of them. It hits him hard in the face. During the diversion he gets out his wand, disarms the second, petrifies the third and is almost killed by the fourth who has been hiding and wanted to attack James from behind, when Sirius comes in and stuns him. The two send the death eaters back to Voldy with a cynical and kind of funnily offensive rejection. The death eaters disapparate, Sirius and James go home to Lily and Harry and put some charms on the house (just in case).
Want to hear another possibility? With Lily in it? I can make one up...

hhhhr
ok the question that strikes me is that voldy never wanted to kill Lily. we don't know why but he said it himself in the first book that she didn't have to die she could have stopped him by turning in harry. he said "I killed you father first, and he put up a courageous fight... but your mother needn't have died ... she was protecting you...."
well i mean james was protecting harry as well but i think even if he hadn't fought voldy. he would have been killed anyways.

JRIndy
Yeah, I know the theories about them being related. But they could still threaten James with doing harm to her. Or maybe he didn't even know about it... I also thought that Voldy might not have considered Lily to be as dangerous to him as her husband since she was never quite as "outgoing" as James.

punkyhermy
well voldie nevr cared about his ownn parents
why would he care about his other relatives if there are any

lili?

minnie
I think James did something important from Dumbledore, that's why Voldemort wanted to kill the potters so much

hhhhr
he didn't want to kill the potters i think he only wanted to kill james but not lily

hhhhr
maybe he just doesn't kill because he wants too, you have to give him a reason to die???

eyeadore1979
sadly, I didn't look at any of the posts, so this is probably off topic...

They did the dirty deed and got Harry.. hehe that sounds funny... laughing

eyeadore1979
wait- now I'm reading something.... He did it because he found out that Harry was going to be more powerful, then his parents got in the way.... right? confused

werewolverine
i can do a lurve test and i am a 99% love match for lupin!!!!!

I LUV HIM!!
did you know i really am a werewolf, they are real you know.
check me at werewolves on the off the topic forum

hhhhr
where did that come from?

JRIndy
anyway...
you're right eyeadore, the prophecy was the reason why Voldy was after Harry.
And punkyhermy, I agree. That's why I thought that he probably didn't think Lily was a threat to him, at least not so much as James.
I can imagine a lot of reasons why Voldy would want James out of the way...but what was the topic of this thread again?

shaber
Some of us seem to have mis-interpreted Voldemort's motives - Voldmort judges people on how useful they are as objects to be manipulated by him. And he has no other premise

GrumpyGrim
I bet Remus Lupin will come back to teach with Umbridge gone...

husker_fan_2006
Personally, I think that the reason why Voldemort didn't want to kill Lily is because she is not of Potter blood. He probably wanted to get rid of the Potters, and that would mean killing James and Harry. Though the question is now, why did he want to kill the Potters in the first place??

hhhhr
well ok why did he only wanted to kill the potters?

tigress
sirius and james were smart and good at everything reading into the conversation about them in the three broomsticks in poa just bfore xmas, voldy kills anyone whos likley to get in the way of his takeing over the world
( omg that sounds like dr evil from austin powers )
but there you go anyone that wont join him or is a threat he send his lap dogs (death eaters )to purswade or kill them for not doing what the dark lord wants

Tonks
I think that they were Aurors or something cause they seemed to do great against Voldemort. you have to remember that they escaped him three times!

pixie1
they may not have done anythink if james was a pure blood then he will have inherited alot of money and not needed to work

hhhhr
that's ...a new idea

tigress
good point smile

Phoenix
merged and bumping

RoguePw25
umm, I asked this in the Harry's Gransparent thread, but I didnt see this one. Sorry.

Were both Lily and James only children?? Harry doesn't have any aunts or uncles and maybe even cousins??

Superseeker
Hey this may seem like a wierd question but where does it say perciesly that lilly and james potter were bolth in grffandor (major spell check to lazy to look it up) I know naturally you think they were but what book does it say that????

CHRISTIAN

Raven Guardia
well its in the second book when Harry finds out his dad was the Gryffindor seeker.

BingaBonga
Gryffindor. I've pretty sure.

punkyhermy
duh griffindor!

Pirate_Girly
Yes, Gryffindor

Raven Guardia
GO GO GRYFFINDORK!!! hehehe

Elondra
I am not sure about Lily though.

crazy_c
I always thought Lily was in Ravenclaw. I donno why though i just thought that....

ladygrim
it does fit thou lily ravenclaw ... james gryffin .. was the rest of padfoot moony and them lot in gryffin or were they scattered ova the four ??? cuz i cant see siruis being in gyrff

celestial_moon
i thought jkr said they were both in gryffindor.

ladygrim
it seems to me that everyone in ythat school was in gryffindor .....

Lady_Eowyn3
rowling said in several interviews dat all 4 marauders and lily were all in gryffindor

ladygrim
well that is shite

airangel
merged

ArrghPirateGirl
It is.....hmm......well........So...do u peoples think they r really dead??...I Do big grin

ladygrim
yes do you rely think they wud put harry with his uncle and aunt 4 no reason

ArrghPirateGirl
Nope.....Unless they were crazy and Dumbledore is really evil and is planning 2 take ova da world and acctually has Lilly& James locked in a cage and ill shut up now coz im getting carried away laughing

ladygrim
god that would be a twist and a half ... lol

ArrghPirateGirl
I was jkin but I surpose it would b interesting laughing

~Air Angel~
bumping

siruslover
I always thought all 4 of them were in Gryffindore and Lilly was Ravenclaw. But who knows?? roll eyes (sarcastic)

angelsflame265
i'm pretty sure MWPP were all in the same house. . .lily also. . but she might have been in ravenclaw

ladygrim
i cant rember i have a very short memory

pretty angel
well just thinking do you think james potter(harry father) really did pull snapes pants down when they were in the fifth year? even tho harry never found out because snape pulled him out before he could see if he really did but i think james did and snape was so angry at harry that he threw him on the floor and wouldnt give him those lesson anymore if u want to read it again its in the 5th book the chapter is called snapes worst memory

hhhhr
laughing

RoguePw25
Please you these links below.

Lily & James Potter
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297428&highlight=James

Another option is to ask this quesion in the Ask Hermionie thread.

Official Ask Hermionie Thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t297056.html

Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.