please vote for March's book of the month,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
please vote for March's book of the month,
okkies friends..sorry Im a bit late tonight...here is a poll of ten books that we can choose from for March's book for our book of the month club
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month we start reading in begining of march till the end with a thread that is soley for discussiong for our chosen book.
also post you comments if you like on the books you have coosen,or have new ideas to proceed with our club.all thoughts are much appreciated

thank you everyone for your input please be sure to vote for your book on the poll.

heres what the poll consist of

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Firestarter by Stephen King
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) by Stephen King
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Nostradamus and His Prophecies by Edgar Leoni
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Outsiders by S E Hinton

badkittykitty
my vote went for Nostradamus and His Prophecies by Edgar Leoni

Lord Soth
Hounds of the Morrigan

Corran
Of mice and Men.....of mice and men.

The Unknown
Firestarter

MasterWizard
Ender's Game

tptmanno1
Ender's Game!

MC-117
Enders Game for sure, i love that book.

Im_Fuzzy
enders game!

Lord Soth
You liked that ?! I thought it was as boring as hell......and short too

Crash Overload
I was cought between "Ender's GAme" And "Gunslinger". I already read "Dracual" and "The Outsiders" (God I hate that book) So My Vote Went to "Gunslinger" (Catchy Title, sounds promissing))

Phoenix
ahh! how do I choose between Dracula and P&P! I ahven't read either, and they both sound good! erm... well, as I am getting both of 'em, I'll read 'em anyways, so I'm gonna vote for the same thing as bkk! wink

SAtown_punk
OMaM sucked ass! God was that boring! What is wrong with John Steinbeck!?!

I voted for To Kill a Mockingbird because it's a great story. It' sad, but we can all feel sympathy for Tom Robinson. That book was way ahead of its time, and it's a corner stone for equal rights.

Corran
OMaM is so bad that it's used as part of the curriculum in English Literature here in England, I guess English just isn't the same over the pond. Instead of considering it the timeless classic that it is you so eloquently state that it 'sucked ass', I'm guessing this is an example of American instead of English at its very best?

Phoenix
I personally dislike both OMaM and TKaM, but I would recommend everyone read them., they raise important topics, even if you would not read them again.

Phoenix
What is Ender's Game about? seeing as it is likely that will be our book of the month... wink

MasterWizard
It's about a very smart kid. To find out the rest, you will have to read it yourself. It's too much to explain, and you will enjoy the book anyways.

Im_Fuzzy
im pretty sure enders game is gonna win

Kaleanae
Dracula, is great, I really liked it

HockeyHorror
well since i nominated nostradamus...and i REALLY LIKE THE BOoK

my vote goes to NOSTRADAMUS

lol

Darth Revan
It's a science-fiction-y thing that takes place sometime in the distant future about a really, really smart little kid named Ender (does trig when he's 6 years old) who gets in waaay over his head. Good book.

I voted for TKM because I nominated it and it's one of my favorite books of all time...

mechmoggy
TKM is a very good book, I read it last year.

I'm reading Nineteen Eighty Four at the moment though, so I won't bother voting this month.

burlyman
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck cause I have to do it for GCSE yes

Twin B!tch 1
TKaMB because i am studying it for my english literature GCSE yes I wonder if i have to do Of Mice And Men like you aswell Burly, is it anygood?

silver_tears
I loved TKaMB yes
Very great writing and very interesting, get's a little dull at parts but well worth the read.
MaM I didn't really enjoy much, I found it a little slow erm

But my vote goes to TKaMB big grin

burlyman
Its alright I suppose messed Im not one for enjoying books I have to study.... good characterisation and themes thumb up

badkittykitty
well just a few more hours till we have the winner...right after the oscars I'll be checking it out..so of there are more votes..get em in!

burlyman
Yes, vote for Of Mice and Men yes

badkittykitty
looks like Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is our winner!

burlyman
you mean ~ Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

badkittykitty
lol! be sure to nominate it next month wink

Barf Heaven
barely stick out tongue TKM just missed it by 1 vote...

Phoenix
Hopefully my library will actually HAVE a copy this time... wink

crazy_c
Oh i have to see if my library has it so i can actually contribute this time.

BingaBonga
I'm reading Dracula now... Even though I'm only on Pg. 17, I like it smile

SAtown_punk
Does anybody read David Baldacci? I've heard some good things about him and I started reading "The Simple Truth" today.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.