Spike's Stargate: Alpha v2.1 changes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
These won't take effect until the second mission, any questions can be asked before we begin that.

Changes

Rounds are now split into 2 actions.
Combat time is now engaged whenever an enemy is spotted.
Stealth actions have been added.
Minus stats have been removed. (Fire's Goa'uld stat)
Stealth and awareness skills have been added.

I've taken away you're Tok'ra/+2 language skills because you all chose Tok'ra and Goa'uld and I forgot to tell you they're the same. This has been added to your stealth skill, awareness is more for guards. I'll give you another 2 skill points for doing so well in the first mission and showing me how the system could be improved, spend these wizely.

Combat moves

Burst shot (5 ammo) - 1 action
Both gun fire (10 ammo) - 1 action
2 guns, 2 targets (10 ammo) - 1 action
Pop-shot (from cover(-1 cover)) - 1 action
Utility - 2 actions
Reload - 1 action
Swap weapon - 1 action
Draw 2nd weapon - 1 action
Tackle - 1 action
Punch - 1 action
Kick - 1 action
Gun hit - 1 action
Take hostage (when sneaking(+1 cover)) - 1 action
Slit throat (when sneaking) -1 action
Break neck (with hostage) -1 action

Movement

Run - 1 action
Sneak (+2 stealth) - 1 action
Crawl (when prone) -2 actions
Stand - 1 action

Defense

Crouch (+1) - 1 action
Prone(+2) - 1 action
Cover(+2) - 1 action
Dodge - 0 action

Stealth (non-combat)

Back to wall
Sneak
Crouch
Prone
Cover
Pop inside gap
Wall jump
Roll
Climb object
SWAT turn
Peak round corner
Shimmy

Misc

Take disguise (from KO'd enemy)
Pick up weapon
Peek through door/keyhole/gap

SpikeSpiegel
This is the combat area, sometimes there will be sections missing due to walls etc. The numbers represent how many "move" commands it will take to cross the area.

Mr X
can we have an extra 2 stat points as well ?

SpikeSpiegel
No

SpikeSpiegel
Bumping, the sooner you upgrade your characters the soonerwe can start mission 1.2

Fire
I'll add two points to heal/regeneration or whatever it's called

SpikeSpiegel
That takes you to 5, leaving you with 1 stealth (default)

Mr X
well i will add 1 point to stealth and the other to health/regeneration

Fire
nah I'm not gonna go for stealth

SpikeSpiegel
I'll star the mission tomorrow. I'm going to temperely add 2 to Andrei's stealth, he can change it when he gets back. Trickster can sort out his two skills and re-join the mission when he gets his pc sorted.

Trickster
I've forgotten how to do this exactly... Sorry?

SpikeSpiegel
Oh right, well I've given you all two points due to how well you did in the first mission and to allow you to get the new skills if you want them. The skills and what they do are as follows:
Leadership - If there is a decision in the game like left or right and the vote is equal then the person with the highest leadership will choose, also good for combat tactics.
Negotiation - This won't actually play a part until the fourth and final mission, it sorts out how others will react to you.
Language - What other languages you can understand, this is good for advancing the plot by underdstanding what the enemies are saying.
Driving - Again won't take effect until a later mission, does what it says.
Piloting - Whether or not you can fly ships like a deathglider or another alien ship.
Technology - Useful for hacking into systems and also using things to your advantage (locking doors, finding maps etc.)
Knowledge - If there is a question about something and you have the knowledge about it you will get a more detailed description about it.
Healing - This is how much health you will regain every five rounds in a battle.
Stealth - How sneaky you are at moving around undetected, this isn't just for one person it applies to the whole group (which will depend on how many are in it to the ratio of points:total if that makes any sense) and it sorts out whether you will be able to sneak past guards undetected. This has a default of 1 point.
Awareness - This doesn't really apply to you yet, if someone is trying to sneak up on you it'll determine if you catch them or not.

I'ld recommend spending your points on stealth, but then again I'ld say that anyways.

SpikeSpiegel
OK after Trickster's made his changes and after I get back from holiday (25th) I'll start the second mission.

SpikeSpiegel
K guys 'm back now. I'll start the mission on Wednesday at around 12-noon GMT

Trickster
One tech, one stealth?

rusky
I'll leave those two in stealth like u said spike..

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, OK. That's done, I'll begin to type up the mission briefing.

Trickster
BTW Spike, on Wednesday I'm off to New Zealand for 4 abnd a bit weeks. Hopefully I'll still be able to get my hands on a computer every so often, so I'll try and keep up. I should be able to in the first week since I'm in the mountains with not much else to do. smile

SpikeSpiegel
No fair, I wanna go to New Zealand sad

Ah well, have fun on your holiday

Kael
Hope you enjoyed your holiday spike big grin

and i go on holiday tomorrow and should be back on the 12th

Fire
Spiike maybe we should prospone the start?

SpikeSpiegel
I was just thinking that, everybody's going on holiday at the moment. We'll delay it until the middle to end of August.

SpikeSpiegel
I'll start the second mission a wek today (25th) everyone should be back/ getting back by then

Fire
sounds good

rusky
great, another good rp back up smile

Trickster
I gte back in a week or so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.