For Dark Tower Fans: Best of the Six thus Far...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead #1
With only the conclusion of Stephen King's epic left to come out later this year, I thought it only proper to determine which of the series is everyone's favorite. Personally, Waste Lands through Wolves of the Calla have really brought King's works full circle, with a lot of heavy emphasis on previous novels... this really gives me a feeling of satisfaction when reading them, being able to recall so many great moments from books like the Stand and 'Salems Lot.

Personally, The Waste Lands is my current favorite, but reading through Song of Susannah, it is slowly making its way up the chart. After plugging through the massive Wizard & Glass and Wolves of the Calla, I am somewhat disappointed that the overall length is shorter on VI, though.

Primitive Screwhead #1
You folks are telling me that you've NEVER read a single one of these books!? Say it ain't so, Shane!

Predator 89
So far i've read up to the wastelands and am currently reading Wizard and glass. The wastelands i agree is the best. Mostly what helped the book was return of Jake from earth, The city of lud and who can ever forget blain the mono. Also i've been checking some reviews for DT VI
and most of the reviews are just plain terrible. I certainly hope King raises the bar on the final Dark tower book.

Primitive Screwhead #1
It's true that King probably rushed VI out so he could devote more time on the final book, the significant drop in pages is indicative enough of that. But I've gotten in about seventy pages, and it isn't as bad as the critics are leading people to believe. I could be sorely mistaken as I work through the book, but so far I'm not dissapointed.

FormulaHeadache
Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment. Yeah. That about sums up this series. King had a haunting vision into a strange land with "The Gunslinger." It got me hooked. Unfortunately, that vision is gone. Turned into a cartoon. The characters flat as a window pane and too many ghosts in the machine to save the day. There is nothing haunting left.

AfricanLion
Can't say yet, I've only read till book 5, Wolves of the Calla. For action though, and easy reading, I choose book 2, The Drawing of the Three. I must have read that shootout with him and naked Eddie a half a dozen times, and the part where he possesses the Pusher and has a shootout with the cops is a classic, I still read it again every now and then.

That scene where the cop gets up in the movie theatre years later as he is watching the Terminator and shouts: "It's him! That's the guy!" Then drops dead with a heart attack... man, I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.