one more word...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
I need to make a few more statements regarding what has been going on.

I have been hosting files on an ftp site that existed on my computer. I never hid this information, nor was it ever meant to be subversive. I wasn't trying to "get back at the man". People on this board were posting pics and links to things on the forum, and it seemed very inefficient, so I just decided to host them for you guys. Most of the files on the ftp were not put there by me.

Regardless, this was a big mistake.

My ISP contacted me yesterday and had me fax a statement to them that i understood their AUP and would never run an FTP again. They told me that Lucasfilm had contacted them. That's fine, I'm more than happy to comply.

I am a fan of starwars and have been since 1977. I'm 33 years old, I have a wife, 2 kids, and a house. Two years ago I lost my job due to a work-related injury in both wrists. (I had surgery 2 days ago on my left wrist. I had 3 bones removed from my wrist (proximal row carpectomy), and will have the same thing done to my right wrist in a few months.) I'm currently going to school in order to continue to provide for my family.

Why am I telling you all this? To let you know that I can't afford any "empirial entanglements". As much as we all love to see these behind-the-scenes pics and docs, GL has the right to protect his intellectual property.

If I have done the wrong thing, then I will fully comply with a "cease and decist" order. The FTP is shut down and all files have been deleted.

I apologize for my actions.

Cornponious

yerssot
there is no need to make yet another thread related to this

you took it off, you complied to their demands, that's the end of it I reckon

thing we ALL have to do now, is stuff it and move on
you knew it was illegal to do and you got busted, now you got a story to tell your grandkids one day when they watch in awe Ep III wink

darktim1
hey I would'nt want george lucas comming after me so sorry man atleast he did'nt sue for now may force be with you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.