The Four Horsemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Puppetmaster
The best damn metal band on the planet for the last 20 years.....

Metallica

Any other fans here?

Of course there have been a few pretenders to their throne....Pantera, Machine Head and Slayer to name but a few. However there is nothing like the real deal. For anyone who has seen them perform live you'll know what I mean.

These guys kick major metal ass. With the upcoming premier of the Some Kind Of Monster film, showing all the behind the scenes stuff from the last 2-3 years, there is even more reason to get excited.

Best damn metal band on the planet!!!! cool

loserib
i like their older shit and as for the song four horseman have you ever heard mustains version its ten times better and faster

VENOMfanFAN
Metallica are far from the greatest Metal band, but they are good. Personally, I cannot tolerate everything from the Black Album to the present (St. Anger)... well, with the exception of a few songs off of the Black Album. And, no, one of those songs is not Enter Sandman.

Anyways, Metallica Thread No. 1; Metallica Thread No. 2

Merging?

Puppetmaster
Are you shitting me???!!

Mustaine the ginger haired geek??!!

Come on, I mean he did some half decent stuff with Megadeth, but no way was his version of 4H (The Mechanix) anywhere near as good as Metallica's.

Getting your hearing checked man please. big grin

Puppetmaster
Originally posted by VENOMfanFAN
Metallica are far from the greatest Metal band, but they are good. Personally, I cannot tolerate everything from the Black Album to the present (St. Anger)... well, with the exception of a few songs off of the Black Album. And, no, one of those songs is not Enter Sandman.

Every one is entitled to their opinion. The Black Album made me a fan but I love all their stuff. You can see how they evolve as a band. All the different styles they experimented with. I mean, how boring would it be if they churned out---AJFA style riffs forever??!! Slayer haven't changed their style ever. Compare Metallica and Slayer's successes!!

A lot of people said they sold out and sucked after The Black Album. Me, I think they became the most outstanding Heavy Metal band for the last 20 years.

Deathblow
I don't see why everyone loves The Black Album so much. It was excellent, but I like And Justice For All and Ride The Lightning way more. And I agree, they've been producing nothing but shit since The Black Album, so they can't be the best band of all time. St Anger is essentially a nu metal album, and thats not what Metallica should be. Personally, I think they should've retired in style years ago.

But saying that, I love Metallica, they're one of my all time favorites and seeing them live was a dream come true.

VENOMfanFAN
I am not trying to sway your opinion in any way. I am simply stating my Point of View, which you are too. Yes, in contrast, Metallica is far more successful then Slayer. But, I dont listen to Slayer, so that means nothing to me.

The evolution of Metallica was a let down. When James cut his hair, I lost all respect for the band. When James was injured due to an ill-placed pyro-technic, I was upset.

The only point I was stating was that Metallica established themselves as an "80's Style Hair/Metal band," and dropped that image to make more money. When Metallica filed a lawsuit against Napster, I was disguisted. Who are they to sue anyone? They have loads of cash! The only bands that should be angered by pirating music are ones who have not established themselves as musicians in the first place.

The problem with modern music is that people get into the business for the right reasons, but are swayed away from their motives by the all-mighty dollar. But that is an other topic for an other time.

loserib
honestly i think mechanix was way better then fourhorseman and you know that it was mustain how wrote it thats the only reason he was not sued for having the same song

my favorite metallica album is master of puppets

ElectricBugaloo
they haven't done much worth mentioning in a long time

and then when the contributed to M: I 2...I TOTALLY lost respect for them

VENOMfanFAN
yes

That was another turn off for me. "I Disappear" was a terrible, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE mistake for them.

Puppetmaster
OK how can you lose respect for a band because they've vut their hair?? It doesn't stop them being Metallica! It doesn't stop them ripping through tracks like Battery and Whiplash. No disrespect man but to lose respect for a band because of their hair length is a bit daft. They didn't esatblish temselves as an 80's Style Hair/Metal band. They established themselves as thrash metal band, who with very album gave their fans something new. Did you know people were screaming they had sold out when Ride The Lightning was released? The so called fans were outraged because the album had a slow song / ballad on it! (Fade To Black)
To me they've challenged their fans with every album and made it possible for bands like Slayer, Pantera, Machine Head, Megadeth to have the succeses that they've had.

Napster on the other hand is just one massive long debate. Me, I couldn't have cared less. The way I see the members of Metallica all have jobs. Their jobs are to record albums, merchandise them and sell them. For this they get paid, all be it handsomley. So what they are doing is basically our version of going to the office etc.
Now if you went to work one day and found out someone was coming in, in the night and doing your job and taking a cut of your paycheck, would you be happy? Would you just think, ah screw it i've got enough money? At the end of the day the whole Napster thing was about theft. Taking money out of James, Lars, Kirk and Jason's paychecks. I certainly woulddn't stand by and let anyone have any of my money. If I want to give anything away, it should be my choice, not upto other people to help themsleves.

Peace and love.

big grin

Puppetmaster
Why did you lose respect for them because thet contributed to the MI:2
soundtrack? I Disappear was apretty good song, or was it that they dared to do something '''commercial'''?

I could understand if they were being dicks or treating theii fans like garbage, but don't you think it's a narrow minded to not like someone for one song that they've recorded??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.